HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Should FCPS ban the use of the "American" to discuss people in the United States?
Posted by: Fairfax for Inclusion ()
Date: July 18, 2019 03:02PM

It's a developing progressive trend to make sure our language is inclusive. The term American when used only for those in the US excludes all of the rest of the inhabitants of the Americas. This needs to stop.

The latest example of higher education employees looking out for minorities and victims of the patriarchy comes from progressive Colorado State University where its Inclusive Communications Task Force has deemed the words “America” and “Americans” non-inclusive and is providing the community with instruction on more inclusive language.

Please share this with our school board members to educate them: https://collegian.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Inclusive-Language-Guide_10_30_18.pdf

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Should FCPS ban the use of the "American" to discuss people in the United States?
Posted by: Yes! ()
Date: July 18, 2019 05:20PM

Yes, they should use American!

Re: Should FCPS ban the use of the "American" to discuss people in the United States?
Posted by: 4W674 ()
Date: July 19, 2019 09:17AM

Unless it is physically threatening or foul language, I say what I or do not want in schools and public, including using American speech and not use LGBTQ pronouns. If they want to expel me, violating my freedom of speech and religions rights under the 1st amendment of the Constitution, then will file a BILLION dollar lawsuit against FCPS and take it through all levels of the court system. When FCPS is bankrupt, maybe then they will change their ways. This political correctness garbage has to stop.

Posted by: englishisracist ()
Date: July 19, 2019 10:42AM

A further corrective action would be to ban the use of the English language itself. If there is any language in world history that has been used to inflict more pain and suffering on the world I don't know what language that would be.

English is a racist patriarchal language. Think about it. Everything that is wrong with the world from microaggressions to war has been perpetuated by the English language. Banning English would be a great first step to justice for the world.

Posted by: Hose B ()
Date: July 19, 2019 01:51PM

American is an ethnic slur used by me and my brother Hose A.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.