HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Washington Post Employee Poses as ICE Official - Gets Caught
Posted by: Fix News ()
Date: March 06, 2017 04:47PM

GAITHERSBURG, MD — An employee at The Washington Post has been arrested on weapons charges after authorities said he cruised the streets of Falls Church, Virginia, where he allegedly impersonated a federal immigration officer.

Itai Ozderman, 35, of the 100 block of Elmira Lane in Gaithersburg, Maryland, was charged in Montgomery County Feb. 22 with transporting a handgun in a vehicle and impersonating a police officer, according to Maryland online court records. He was released from jail on bond; a court date has not been set.

WJLA reports Ozderman, who was born in Israel, would patrol the Falls Church area clad in a bulletproof vest with an Immigration and Customs Enforcement placard and a Baltimore County police badge.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Post Employee Poses as ICE Official - Gets Caught
Posted by: WGN News. ()
Date: March 06, 2017 04:51PM

I doubt it

Posted by: htpt ()
Date: March 06, 2017 04:59PM

WGN News. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I doubt it

Doubt this?

http://wjla.com/news/local/sources-wash-post-employee-allegedly-impersonated-ice-agent-guns-found-at-his-md-home

Posted by: 1 ffxu poster down ()
Date: March 06, 2017 05:01PM

Too bad, what a great man

Posted by: Dinner at Red Lobster ()
Date: March 06, 2017 05:24PM

Those ICE vests are on sale at Walmart this week in the sporting goods dept.

Posted by: W7eHJ ()
Date: March 06, 2017 07:27PM

Was he sweeping up the printing plant at the Post?

Posted by: wMyKP ()
Date: March 16, 2017 09:43AM

from https://fcnp.com/2017/03/15/gaithersburg-man-charged-impersonating-police-falls-church/

Gaithersburg Man Charged With Impersonating Police in Falls Church
March 15, 2017
By Sam Tabachnik

A Maryland man, charged with impersonating a law enforcement agent, gained access to a City of Falls Church Police department office and conducted surveillance at the Eden Center with the help of a Falls Church police detective last September, according to reports and court records released last week.

Itai Ozderman (Photo: Montgomery County Police)

Itai Ozderman, 35, of Gaithersburg, Md., convinced his girlfriend, Falls Church detective Jannie Clipp, that he was a Baltimore County Police Officer working on an Immigration and Customs Enforcement Task Force, a search warrant obtained by WUSA9 alleges.

Ozderman, records show, has never been a law enforcement officer of any kind.

The warrant also alleges that Ozderman was seen sitting inside the Falls Church Police Criminal Investigations Office with Clipp and may have had access to the department’s computers.

The FBI has taken over the investigation, Falls Church Police Chief Mary Gavin said, to determine “how deep the compromise is” of the police department.

“[Falls Church citizens] have an expectation of public trust and this to me is a violation of public trust,” the chief said. “And I take that very seriously. It’s a top priority.

“I work for the public and if they can’t trust us, then what are we? We’re not worth a darn.”

Gavin confirmed that Ozderman did enter the Criminal Investigations office but could not verify that he had access to a computer.

Clipp, a member of the department since 2004, has been suspended as the FBI continues its investigation, Gavin said.

WSUA9 reported that Clipp claimed she was the Eden Center in Falls Church on September 30, 2016, “conducting surveillance on a target vehicle for an ATF Task Force.”

Ozderman was there as well, wearing a ballistic vest with an “ICE” placard across the chest and was reported to be “enforcing or attempting to enforce criminal laws,” according to court records.

Sergeant Sonya Richardson of Falls Church called the FBI and found that no such surveillance mission had been planned.

On February 22, the FBI, a Montgomery County SWAT team and Falls Church police conducted a raid at Ozderman’s Gaithersburg home. Agents found ten firearms during the search, including seven handguns, two M4 style assault rifles and one shotgun.

Agents also discovered an array of law enforcement gear in Ozderman’s car, including body armor, tactical vests, ammunition, a working police radio and Baltimore County police badge.

Ozderman has been charged in Montgomery County with impersonating a police officer and transporting a handgun in a vehicle. Federal charges may be forthcoming.

Court records confirm Ozderman has worked as an I.T. engineer at The Washington Post for around two years.

Gavin indicated changes will need to be made in the department to ensure this does not happen again.

“It’s not something that you’re proud of, so it is a gut check,” she said. “I’m all about, ‘We made a mistake, we need to fix it.’ We need to figure it out. And we need to talk about it. Our responsibility — let’s call it a public trust issue — is first to identify it, second is to investigate it, and then you need to take corrective action.”

Gavin pointed to more thorough auditing of schedules as a new policy change, as well as tightening the inspection of credentials for anyone entering the department.

Falls Church City Mayor David Tarter released a statement saying he is “unable to comment on a pending case. I appreciate the Police Department reporting this to the FBI for their thorough investigation.”

Multiple members of the City Council said there has yet to be in-person discussion about the case.

Councilmember David Snyder said he “plans to raise management and policy issues” and is “interested in what management will do to prevent issues like this in the future.”
---

Posted by: Malcolm Xtra Black ()
Date: March 16, 2017 01:24PM

I have two important questions;

What was his job at the Washington Post?

Is he still banging the girlfriend?

Posted by: you know it ()
Date: March 16, 2017 08:40PM

He was playing Bob Woodward, and she was deep throat of course. He'll now claim 1st amendment privileges. I wonder if he can get past the Washington Post culture enough to claim the 2and amendment rights? Jail or left wing dogma? Tough one.

Posted by: bxEt7 ()
Date: March 16, 2017 08:59PM

What kind of name is Itai Ozderman? Sounds like Israeli or Jewish or something.

Posted by: 7NMLx ()
Date: March 16, 2017 09:52PM

La Migra

Vamanos !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: March 16, 2017 10:46PM

What was his motive? Was he doing it in his capacity as a reporter? If not, why include that information in the story?

Posted by: Photo evidence ()
Date: March 16, 2017 11:59PM

Det. Jannie Clipp
Attachments:
IMG_0885.JPG

Posted by: rcp4p ()
Date: March 17, 2017 12:13AM

Was this a means of retaliation because the Washington Post reported the drunk trespassing arrest of Autria Godfrey?

Posted by: No Name For This ()
Date: November 24, 2017 03:56PM

I used to know Itai. We dated a few years ago - approximately 8 years ago. He told me he was a former Baltimore police officer and quit to make more money in the IT field. He told me 8 years ago that he was working in IT for the Washington Post - which is weird because he now says he has only worked there for 2 years according to the news reports. He claimed to be single and would be on the phone with me until all hours of the night, but I became suspicious when he would never allow me to visit his house. That was when I cut off communications with him. I always felt like he was lying and was really married, but could never prove it. The news says he is married with a small child, so I wonder if he was married when I knew him. He was definitely always acting shady.

Posted by: Not Jannie ()
Date: November 24, 2017 04:05PM

Posted by: Jannie Clipp ()
Date: November 24, 2017 04:08PM

Jannie Clipp
Attachments:
Jannie.jpg

Posted by: whatwhat ()
Date: July 18, 2019 11:34PM

likes it in the butt

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.