HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPD should take note - slowpokes in left lane
Posted by: 66 speed demon ()
Date: June 09, 2014 12:08PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPD should take note - slowpokes in left lane
Posted by: Powwww ()
Date: June 09, 2014 12:10PM

The left-lane squatter is a menace. The Washington State Police, thankfully, know this.

Troopers patrolling the roads there say that one of the biggest problems they see, and that they actively enforce, is the state's keep-right-except-to-pass-rule. Meaning, if you're sitting in the left lane, and the right lane is open, they'll pull the driver over, explain the law, and in some cases, issue a written warning or ticket.

They say slowpokes who take over the left lane are problematic because they can actually cause acts of road rage when a faster driver comes up behind them and gets stuck, then streaks by on the right in a fit of anger. One of the troopers interviewed for the piece says that left-lane squatters are actually the biggest problem they regularly deal with. Anyone who's ever been thwarted by an oblivious slowpoke in the passing lane is sure to agree.

Posted by: 6VdKy ()
Date: June 09, 2014 02:31PM

Starting to see it more and more around here, even on Route 28.

Posted by: do what I do ()
Date: June 09, 2014 09:25PM

Grow a set and just hit 'em. If you do it right, they'll go sideways and maybe even flip over.

They'll get the idea then.

ok, dumbass, let's educate you with some intelligence
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 11, 2014 09:11AM

@Nigger - your brain is so self-abosred, you FAIL to see that your imagination of the law is NOT the real thing. LISTEN AND LEARN, OK? https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-804

ยง 46.2-804. Special regulations applicable on highways laned for traffic.

Whenever any roadway has been divided into clearly marked lanes for traffic, drivers of vehicles shall obey the following:

1. Any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions existing, shall be driven in the lane nearest the right edge or right curb of the highway when such lane is available for travel except when overtaking and passing another vehicle or in preparation for a left turn or where right lanes are reserved for slow-moving traffic as permitted in this section;

2. A vehicle shall be driven as nearly as is practicable entirely within a single lane and shall not be moved from that lane until the driver has ascertained that such movement can be made safely;

3. Except as otherwise provided in subdivision 5 of this section, on a highway which is divided into three lanes, no vehicle shall be driven in the center lane except when overtaking and passing another vehicle or in preparation for a left turn or unless such center lane is at the time allocated exclusively to traffic moving in the direction the vehicle is proceeding and is signed or marked to give notice of such allocation. Traffic-control devices may be erected directing specified traffic to use a designated lane or designating those lanes to be used by traffic moving in a particular direction regardless of the center of the roadway and drivers of vehicles shall obey the directions of every such device;

4. The Commissioner of Highways, or local authorities in their respective jurisdictions, may designate right lanes for slow-moving vehicles and the Virginia Department of Transportation shall post signs requiring trucks and combination vehicles to keep to the right on Interstate Highway System components with no more than two travel lanes in each direction where terrain is likely to slow the speed of such vehicles climbing hills and inclines to a speed that is less than the posted speed limit;

5. Wherever a highway is marked with double traffic lines consisting of a solid line immediately adjacent to a broken line, no vehicle shall be driven to the left of such line if the solid line is on the right of the broken line, but it shall be lawful to make a left turn for the purpose of entering or leaving a public, private, or commercial road or entrance. Where the middle lane of a highway is marked on both sides with a solid line immediately adjacent to a broken line, such middle lane shall be considered a left-turn or holding lane and it shall be lawful to drive to the left of such line if the solid line is on the right of the broken line for the purpose of turning left into any road or entrance, provided that the vehicle may not travel in such lane further than 150 feet;

6. Wherever a highway is marked with double traffic lines consisting of two immediately adjacent solid yellow lines, no vehicle shall be driven to the left of such lines, except when turning left;

7. Whenever a highway is marked with double traffic lines consisting of two immediately adjacent solid white lines, no vehicle shall cross such lines;

8. For the purposes of this section, "traffic lines" shall include any temporary traffic control devices used to emulate the lines and markings in subdivisions 6 and 7.

so, PLEASE, kiddo - tell us where in the Code of Virginia does is state that highways with traffic lights "dont count"?

Just in your tiny little head, is that it? And so we are all supposed to wait on your dumb ass because YOU DONT KNOW THE FUCKING LAW!?!?!

And it's this shit that causes traffic, people. Little dumb shits like this who THINK they own all of the highway 24/7.

You stay in the right lane until you are at a point when you can safely get over to the left lane to make your turn. You dont sit in the left lane for a more than mile unless you are passing or going to make a turn within that mile. I mean that's Driving 101, kid.

Who did you fuck in order to get your license anyway? Cause you obviously never went down to DMV and get that book I had to read when I got mine LoLz

pic unrelated

pic unrelated
Attachments:
6 types of left lane assholes155542.jpg

Posted by: Keepright ()
Date: June 11, 2014 09:39AM

In CT they have signs that tell people what the lanes are for. They work well. The left is only used for passing.
Attachments:
keepright.png

Posted by: lezbehonest ()
Date: June 13, 2014 04:16PM

In Germany the penalty for driving slow in the left hand lane with an open lane on the right is more severe than a speeding ticket.

I say let everyone do the opposite of the law and start passing on the right side. Pretty common on the 4 lanes of the beltway for the left lanes to be packed and the far right lane completely empty.

Posted by: Right Lane Overtaker ()
Date: June 13, 2014 04:18PM

I pass on the right side all the time. In fact, on the beltway the next to right lane is often moving faster than the fart left lane because most people get in one of the left two lanes thinking they'll move faster. And all it takes is one tentative asshole.

Posted by: pl,mns ()
Date: June 13, 2014 10:18PM

It looks to me like a LOT of really pompous people are completely ignoring the fact that THERE ARE SPEED LIMITS. Really. They are not merely suggestions, as many people might think. They are THE LAW. Can you read this, Gordon Blvd? You left out part of the Code.

If I am driving the speed limit or slightly above, and I really need to be in the left hand lane, I don't feel any need to move because some asshole who wants to BREAK THE LAW BY SPEEDING thinks they are entitled to do so and thinks I am supposed to cater to their inflated ego.

If FCPD is going to focus on anything, they can start issuing more speeding tickets to these assholes.

Make my day.

Posted by: Thank You! ()
Date: June 13, 2014 10:55PM

^ +1000

Posted by: JoeDriver ()
Date: June 13, 2014 10:58PM

You cannot fix stupid. The drivers here are fucking stupid.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: June 14, 2014 12:43AM

Left lane squatters cause accidents and hazardous driving situations.

Date: June 14, 2014 12:47AM

Left lane is for passing, if you are not passing, you dont belong in the left lane. Its not rocket science, its very simple, its internationally understood. In other countries, if you hinder the left lane you get ticketed immediately. So we don't need speed limit regulators or enforcers, thats what the police are for. We need orderly traffic which is why the left lane is for passing.

If you are not passing merge to the right. If you are blocking the lane and unable to pass, slow down or speed up to merge to the right.

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: June 14, 2014 07:14AM

NIGGER NIGGER NIGARDLY NIGGER! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your ASSHOLE rule only applies on REAL highways or
> parkways.

Teehee. What's the matter there, butterbean? Had a bad day?

Posted by: JohnGalt338 ()
Date: June 14, 2014 09:42AM

Date: June 14, 2014 03:02PM

pl,mns Wrote:
> It looks to me like a LOT of really pompous people
> are completely ignoring the fact that THERE ARE
> SPEED LIMITS. Really. They are not merely
> suggestions, as many people might think. They are
> THE LAW. Can you read this, Gordon Blvd? You left
> out part of the Code.
>
> If I am driving the speed limit or slightly above,
> and I really need to be in the left hand lane, I
> don't feel any need to move because some asshole
> who wants to BREAK THE LAW BY SPEEDING thinks they
> are entitled to do so and thinks I am supposed to
> cater to their inflated ego.
>
> If FCPD is going to focus on anything, they can
> start issuing more speeding tickets to these
> assholes.
>
> Make my day.

Get the fuck out of the left lane you dumb retarded bitch.
Attachments:
enforcer.JPG

Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: June 14, 2014 03:49PM

I support MASSIVE penalties for assholes who troll the left lane. If you see a line of vehicles behind you, be a gentleman and move the HELL over one lane to the right!

Posted by: Not So Fast ()
Date: June 14, 2014 03:50PM

I could buy this argument if these people were in fact just passing. But they're not. They sit there and do their best to intimidate everyone else to move. Personally, I usually stay in the right lane out of a desire for self preservation.

Posted by: logic please ()
Date: June 14, 2014 03:56PM

if our local police enforced left lane squatters all hell would break loose in Asian community as they will scream they are being targeted.

Re: ok, dumbass, let's educate you with some intelligence
Posted by: 4Gcjv ()
Date: June 14, 2014 11:12PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> same shit as usual

I already beat you down once on this non-issue, do you really want to fail again?

Posted by: ...... ()
Date: June 15, 2014 12:25AM

pl,mns Wrote:
> It looks to me like a LOT of really pompous people
> are completely ignoring the fact that THERE ARE
> SPEED LIMITS. Really. They are not merely
> suggestions, as many people might think. They are
> THE LAW. Can you read this, Gordon Blvd? You left
> out part of the Code.
>
> If I am driving the speed limit or slightly above,
> and I really need to be in the left hand lane, I
> don't feel any need to move because some asshole
> who wants to BREAK THE LAW BY SPEEDING thinks they
> are entitled to do so and thinks I am supposed to
> cater to their inflated ego.
>
> If FCPD is going to focus on anything, they can
> start issuing more speeding tickets to these
> assholes.
>
> Make my day.

Hey, cunt. You aren't a traffic warden. Get the fuck out of the left lane.

cunt

Posted by: move yo ass ()
Date: June 15, 2014 12:34AM

Very simple, get the out of the left lane...fuck face.

Posted by: yoyoyo2 ()
Date: June 15, 2014 12:54PM

Last night, I was behind a person who slowed down to 50 in the left lane on 66, a whole mile before they exited on the Stringfellow exit.

Posted by: totuan ()
Date: June 15, 2014 06:06PM

Here is a good example of sheep behavior. When they see someone doing something on the road that doesn't conform to what they are told to do,they don't understand it and automatically think it is bad.
The most dangerous people on the road are those that drive in packs. They won't vary their speed(or, God forbid, exceed the limit); or move to a less crowded lane. This is where the accidents happen.
To put it more clearly, you can't get hit if there are no cars near you. The sheep haven't figured that out yet.
I will drive in the left lane, or any other lane for that matter, if it allows me to drive in a clearer lane and keep up a reasonable speed.

Posted by: wrong or out of it ()
Date: June 15, 2014 06:58PM

Left lane bandits are usually just out of it. In their own world and have no idea of the world outside their car. None. The rest are on a power trip actually trying to annoy people. Either way its very dangerous and I wish they would ticket them all.

Posted by: GTFOOTLL ()
Date: September 08, 2018 11:02AM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.