HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Aldi opening in Kamp Washington
Posted by: lorax ()
Date: June 08, 2014 06:26PM

It makes sense that Aldi is opening near Big Lots and Walmart, but don't they sell expired food and horse meat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aldi opening in Kamp Washington
Posted by: Yertl ()
Date: June 08, 2014 06:38PM

Yes I believe you're right.

Posted by: The real bottom dollar ()
Date: June 08, 2014 08:37PM

Aldi is the go to grocery store for poor people, illegal aliens, homeless people. They make Bottom Dollar look like a Wegmans.

Posted by: VGKVH ()
Date: June 08, 2014 08:39PM

perfect for the trailer park folk

Posted by: WrongForum ()
Date: June 08, 2014 08:41PM

Fairfax CITY is not Fairfax COUNTY.

Posted by: Reginald Aldi ()
Date: June 09, 2014 12:16AM

You people have no idead what the fuck you are talking about.

Posted by: Nyet ()
Date: June 09, 2014 07:53AM

Awhile back I was outside an Aldi. A tour bus pulled up and out came the people to shop. Sounded like they were speaking Russian.Tour buses stop at outlet malls,but Aldi?

Posted by: pw ()
Date: June 09, 2014 08:05PM

Where? The old Kmart? I heard that was going to be a Lowes.

Posted by: lorax ()
Date: June 09, 2014 09:13PM

It is going next to where Office Depot used to be.

Posted by: Shopper of Groceries ()
Date: June 10, 2014 08:37AM

Believe it or not, Aldi's is not as horrible as the above comments may lead you to believe. Would I buy ALL my groceries there? No. But many of its staples are just as good as any brand you'll find elsewhere and half the price. It's a sister company of Trader Joe's.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/12/02/aldi_grocery_store_best_in_america_related_to_trader_joe_s.html

Posted by: Aldi_Lover ()
Date: August 13, 2014 06:58AM

I completely agree with the last post. I'm a Fairfax County Public School teacher and I wouldn't be able to keep my grocery budget in check if it weren't for Aldi's staples and fresh fruits & veggies. It's not cheap to live in Fairfax County!

Posted by: senior tourist bus ()
Date: August 13, 2014 07:29AM

Yes, it's a German company---they have them all over Europe. There is also a new one going in where Fischer's used to be in Springfield.

People on pensions also love them.

Posted by: Nicely ()
Date: August 13, 2014 07:14PM

Is this gonna be in the old Kmart?

Posted by: Audis Is Awesome ()
Date: August 13, 2014 08:18PM

I saw the sign on the one on Rt 1 by Hybla Valley, Finally went in thought it was a clothes store. I found it to be very clean and offer very good prices. The frozen pizzas are very good for 6 dollars for a large 16 " pizza with many toppings. The can goods are off brands the names are funny and demand making fun of, but its basic stuff and cheap. there are fresh veggies and meats , chicken, dry goods cereals, and some things from Europe. The butter and milk are some of the cheapest I have seen. they have Butterball turkeys on sale at Thanksgiving and Christmas. A basics place with good prices and clean. I really dont see what there is to down about them. I dont think they have beer but they do have cheap wines $ 5-10 that are not cold.

Yes the new one is going in At Kamp Washington on Rt 236 in the center with the sports exercise upstairs, Was a Office Depot as said here.

Posted by: Aldi ()
Date: August 13, 2014 08:27PM

Nicely Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this gonna be in the old Kmart?

Lowe's is taking over the old K-Mart location (they are going to scrape it and build a state of the art facility).

Aldi is still being worked on but should be open in the next month or so. It's down at the intersection of FFX and Main next to Kamp Washington.

Posted by: Heres Where It Is ()
Date: August 13, 2014 08:31PM

And it was Best Co. before that.. And they sold reloading equipment at great prices ! And Fairfax Radiator was there before that with the yellow building and the fly specked back screen door side of the road joint on Rt 29 close by, that had great greasy Cheeseburger Subs about 40 years ago. Mr Donut was across the street. Fairfax Hardware with Lehman Young holding court at morning coffee nearby, Now every body should know where it is. You know kind of katty corner from Green Dolphin, and down the road off 29 from Janets Place, Va City and and Hunters Lodge near the old outdoor Drive Inn off West Ox.....A few miles away from Social Circle..Not far from Chula Villa....And Weber Tire is Still NearBy.! ....... Great place Weber Tire only place around that could put tires on my old 74 hi wheel Ford 4X4 swinging that big hammer knocking them split rims off no cage...........

Posted by: Mr. Aldi ()
Date: August 13, 2014 11:05PM

There is also an Aldi that is going where Fisher's Hardware in Springfield was.

Posted by: libs hate America. ()
Date: August 14, 2014 07:07AM

Libs. What idiots.

A lib will gladly pay a guy $200 to now his yard because he's white and charges more than the Hispanic with the same equipment who will do it for $50.

Posted by: Your fault ()
Date: August 14, 2014 07:36AM

libs hate America. Wrote:
> Libs. What idiots.
>
> A lib will gladly pay a guy $200 to now his yard
> because he's white and charges more than the
> Hispanic with the same equipment who will do it
> for $50.

So now we know who is responsible for all the illegals coming to nova......
It's not libs per your post.

Posted by: Now this ()
Date: August 14, 2014 07:37AM

libs hate America. Wrote:
> Libs. What idiots.
>
> A lib will gladly pay a guy $200 to now his yard
> because he's white and charges more than the
> Hispanic with the same equipment who will do it
> for $50.

I "now" my own yard.....

Posted by: Aldi#1 ()
Date: August 14, 2014 01:02PM

Aldi is a great little store. They do not have the main brands that you see in like Giant or Walmart, so instead of it being called something like "Frosted Flakes",they might carry a product exactly like it but called: "Yummy Flakes". well actually I did notice that they are starting to carry Brands that are well know now, like Coke, and Sprite. Aldi is a lot cheapper then Walmart!!!!! Veggitables/Fruits, and basically everything in there is cheap. I used to go all the way to the Aldi in Chantilly, but as soon as I heard that Aldi is going to Open in Fairfax, I stopped going to Chantilly. I am still waiting for it to open in Fairfax. I wish they would open it where K-mart was, it is wider then where they're going, plus a lot of parking space and they could fit more and stock more products. Aldi is a sister store to Trader Joe's, and Aldi is a German store. I hope that they'll become bigger and spread to a lot of locations. Also I see that many of the comments above like expired food and for haspanics and poor people. Well that is so not true. They have food there that is Up To Date, and anyone can shop there, rich, poor, even the middle class. If you do not have anything nice to say, then Don'T say anything at all!!! Most of all, do not give false information, like expired foods. And let everyone that has not yet been to aldi experience it for them selfs and they can have thier own opinions about it.

Posted by: Long time Aldi fan ()
Date: August 15, 2014 10:31AM

Great news re Aldi coming to Springfield. If you need six kinds of mustard or catsup, we will not like this store as they stock one type of everything. If you want to save 25 - 35 percent on your staples - bread, milk, eggs, cereal, etc - you are in for a treat. Say good bye to Giant/Safeway's $3.99 milk....the Aldi in Woodbridge is consistently at $2.99. Your choice....and I choose to save.

Posted by: yahoo! ()
Date: August 17, 2014 12:01AM

yes! I'm tired of travelling to Woodbridge to buy at Aldi's. Glad they're coming to us -

....people that rag on Aldi = no have cash to buy groceries. Probably already spent $$ on recreational 'needs'.

Posted by: aaaa ()
Date: August 17, 2014 12:03AM

+1000
your credit no good here

Posted by: eagle64 ()
Date: August 17, 2014 01:00AM

@Aldi#1: Right On! All of the detractors of Aldi don't know what they are talking about. Sure there are a few inconveniences such as bringing your own grocery bags (unless you want to pay for plastic bags), but the bottom line is that they blow the ass out of the major chains for their prices on many items!

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: August 17, 2014 08:01PM

yahoo! Wrote:
> yes! I'm tired of travelling to Woodbridge to buy
> at Aldi's. Glad they're coming to us -
>
>
> ....people that rag on Aldi = no have cash to buy
> groceries. Probably already spent $$ on
> recreational 'needs'.

Chantilly is a lot closer to Kamp Washington than Woodbridge?!

Posted by: DKNJt ()
Date: August 18, 2014 08:36PM

all products have my utmost trust behind them dear customer

GmbH

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.