HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fire Dept- Thanks
Posted by: Pinkprincess06 ()
Date: May 19, 2006 08:17AM

I wanted to say thanks to the fire dept and emt's. Lats night my neighbors called for help and being the nosy neighbors we are we all watched out our windows. But when they were leaving they did not turn on the sirens. Thank you for not waking us all up. Also thanks for what you do too many people do not say that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fire Dept- Thanks
Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: May 19, 2006 11:59AM

Having done data entry for the FCFD in the summer of 1997, you're welcome.

Posted by: acidbyt3 ()
Date: May 19, 2006 12:00PM

Im sure the department would like to hear about it themselves.
I believe that is standard operating procedures for smaller neighborhoods.. Just what I've noticed anyways, although it most likely depends on the severity of the problem. Anyways, those firetrucks have a thousand lights on them, and would be hard not to see on the road, especially at night.
Just my two bits.

Posted by: Pinkprincess06 ()
Date: May 23, 2006 11:53AM

it's nice to have a fire dept who actually cares about us

Posted by: Rupert Pupkin ()
Date: May 23, 2006 04:50PM

I have been a volunteer firefighter in FXCO for about 15 years and this action is correct for the time of day and environment (neighborhood at night). However, FXCO protocol instructs the use of lights and sirens when on a Priority 1 (P1) response which includes enroute to an incident or the hospital. From a practical perspective, however, the siren is generally used as a warning device to clear traffic and when travelling through an intersection. Constant use on a 10-15 minute transport at 2am on Braddock Road and the Beltway really is not necessary. However, I don't want to be the officer in charge (OIC) when an ambulance is struck by another vehicle while on a call and it is found that the siren was not being used.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 23, 2006 08:50PM

As someone who likes George Straight's song, "The Fireman," you're welcome.

Date: October 01, 2006 11:27PM

VA Code (Law) requires the use of both siern and warning lights. It is a courtesy when the FRD is not using them in neighborhoods late at night. But, how many of you who don't want to hear the noise will try to sue them when you back out of your driveway in the path of ambulance or fire truck. I bet you and your attorney will try to nail them for not having all their warning devices in operation. You can't have it both ways.

Posted by: FAVA13 ()
Date: October 02, 2006 06:42AM

My asshole neighbor across the street got charged with assault against a fire fighter a couple years ago after they werre responding to an emergency in our neighborhood, for no reason he came out and smacked one of the firemen over the head with a tree branch from behind, it was ridiculous, it took three guys to get him down.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 02, 2006 10:45AM

what was your neighbor's name, I wanna see the charges

Posted by: lol lol lol ()
Date: April 11, 2019 10:01AM

The fire dept has issues that never end......lol

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.