HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
White parents accused of shackling, starving 13 kids lived in dungeon-like California house
Posted by: WXLTY ()
Date: January 16, 2018 05:12PM

White parents accused of shackling, starving 13 kids lived in dungeon-like California house

When investigators entered the filthy dungeon-like California house of David and Louise Turpin, they found three children in shackles, nine other siblings emaciated and a mother who seemed puzzled over all the fuss.

“There were three individuals chained to some type of furniture inside the residence,” Riverside County Sheriff’s Captain Gregory Fellows said a press conference Tuesday.

“It seemed that the mother was perplexed as to why we were at that residence,” he said of the Sunday encounter.

Fellows said there was no immediate indication the parents suffered from mental illness or were part of a religious cult.

Teen flees 'foul-smelling' home where parents held her siblings
He praised the bravery of the 17-year-old daughter who escaped the house of horrors and called 911 to report the abuse of all 13 kids at the suburban home in Perris, a city southeast of Los Angeles.

Fellows said the children, ranging in age from 2 to 29, were the biological offspring of the Turpins and that it’s way too soon to know whether any sexual abuse took place.

“We have a substantial amount of interviews still to conduct, so we hope to get to the bottom of that as well,” Fellows said.

He said investigators were working hard to prepare the torture case for prosecutors.

Man forced stepdaughter to eat cat food, drink detergent
“If you can imagine being 17 years old and appearing to be a 10-year-old (girl), being chained to a bed, being malnourished and injuries associated with that, I would call that torture,” he said.

A hospital official gave the first description of how the starving and neglected children were faring after receiving some medical attention.
“We have seven of the adults. It’s hard to think of them as adults when you first see them because they’re small, and it’s very clear they’re malnutritioned,” said Mark Uffer, CEO of Corona Regional Medical Center.

“They’ve gone through a very traumatic ordeal. I can tell you that they’re very friendly, they’re very cooperative and I believe they’re hopeful that life will get better for them after this event,” Uffer said.

Man convicted of torturing, killing girlfriend’s 8-year-old son
“They’re stable, they’re being fed,” he said.

Police offered no details at the press conference on what precipitated the 17-year-old girl’s escape.

In an interview with ABC News, David Turpin’s parents said he and Louise believed “God called on them” to have so many children. The grandparents said they were “surprised and shocked” by the couple’s arrests on suspicion of child endangerment and torture.

They said the children were raised in a “very strict homeschooling” environment and had to memorize long Bible passages.

Black man killed in 1983 for 'socializing with a white female'
Some children tried to memorize the Bible in its entirety, they told the station.

David Turpin, 57, and Louise Turpin, 49, were being held on $9 million bail Tuesday.

The couple posted photos of their brood on social media in the past but seemed to go radio silent over the past year and a half.

Their last posts in mid-2016 involved a vow-renewal ceremony with an Elvis impersonator in Las Vegas. They posted photos and videos showing their small-framed kids attending the event, wearing matching outfits.

Man tortures, kills boy because he believed child was gay: DA
Louise Turpin’s sister told the Daily Mail she had grown concerned about her reclusive sibling.

Elizabeth Jane Flores said she wasn’t invited to visit her sister in California and was never allowed to speak with her nieces and nephews by phone.

“Something didn’t seem right about her parenting, but never would I have expected it to be like this,” Flores said.

“We have been so worried about them because it’s been so strange, but there was nothing we could do. They wouldn’t let anyone visit and we didn’t know their address. I haven’t seen her in 19 years. We would talk on the phone from time to time, but every time I would ask to talk to her kids, she wouldn’t let me,” the sister said.

Couple who allegedly starved adopted daughter to death charged
Flores said their parents even flew out to visit the family, but Turpin would not give them an address.

“My parents booked several flights to go see them, but when they got there they wouldn’t tell them where to go and my parents left crying every time. They died before they got to see them again. It’s just heartbreaking,” she said.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/children-found-chained-starving-parents-torture_us_5a5d3471e4b0fcbc3a12bbeb?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
Attachments:
afp-wr1is.jpg
torture17n-2-web.jpg
5a5d84ef220000251ab4e924.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: White parents accused of shackling, starving 13 kids lived in dungeon-like California house
Posted by: yuykf ()
Date: January 16, 2018 06:55PM

Black man killed in 1983 for 'socializing with a white female'
Some children tried to memorize the Bible in its entirety, they told the station.

#1 good, in 1983 if you had no money you could die on the streets, which is 2x as bad if your pregnant. 1983 was "DO OR DIE" in many parts of America, back then

#2 cut and past error: that phrase is from an ad on the news page

Re: White parents accused of shackling, starving 13 kids lived in dungeon-like California house
Posted by: 4my93 ()
Date: January 16, 2018 06:56PM

> Man tortures, kills boy because he believed child was gay: DA

i suspect that's also an error

Posted by: news hound ()
Date: January 16, 2018 07:02PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Jaycee_Dugard

alg-garrido-dugard-jpg.jpg

reminds me of Jaycee Dugard or i wouldn't have readit

160708_2020_act4_1036_16x9_992.jpg

only because i had a crush on her!

the couple said they provided for her the best they could. jaycee at first said she believed them, prosecutors urged her to prosecute, however i cannot remember if years later (with education and thought) changed her thoughts about her (captivity)

Posted by: 9jw9k ()
Date: January 16, 2018 07:04PM

she has a great smile (teeth) for someone who was "tortured" for 20 yr, if the prosecution is to be believed

Posted by: Black Devils ()
Date: January 16, 2018 11:48PM

[][][][][]
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: VHMWB ()
Date: January 17, 2018 12:53AM

Black Devils Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [][][][][]

Thanks for bump up, Black Devil

Posted by: Intertube lips ()
Date: January 17, 2018 11:18PM

VHMWB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Black Devils Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > [][][][][]
>
>
> Thanks for bump up, Black Devil

Your welcome!
Attachments:
image.gif

Posted by: Crazy White People ()
Date: January 18, 2018 01:02AM

Fucking white people! They are all crazy!

Posted by: EVAN KING ()
Date: January 22, 2019 06:53PM

STOP HURTING LITTLE GIRLS AND LET THEM LIVE FOREVER AND EVER

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.