HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pool question
Posted by: Janz ()
Date: May 16, 2006 08:48PM

Hi, Can anyone tell me what do the average neighborhood swimming pool rates run for in this area? Any replies Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pool question
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: May 16, 2006 11:43PM

Usually pretty expensive. I know Brookfield Pool in Chantilly is something like $475 for the season.

Posted by: RbF_dark420 ()
Date: May 17, 2006 12:33AM

Depends where you wanna go, and what area. I grew up at hunters creek pool and now in the local newspaper said the passes go for like $800 or something i think, but most likely wrong. $400 to $600 is avg thuo. but you can get to use a pool for free if you become a gate guard for local pools on the weekends you just sit there and get a tan and they pay you for it and you get free pool axx, and you dont have to be a certified guard.

Another good scam what me and buddy used to do if you got a lifeguarding certification (only $275 and cheaper than a season pool pass and last for 2 yrs) Is goto the local pool mangement companies is sign up and get hired. and they give you a bag of schwagg of lifeguard shirts and a bathing suit. and then their suppossed to deduct the bag of gear for like $55 out of your first paycheck, but then all you do is get a list of the local pools from your supervisor on your first meeting( which is always some punk 16 yr old kid) and write the names down. and after he hands you your bag of gear, you disappear into the sunset. and then show up at the local assigned pools from the list you stole that the company operates when you want wearing your FREE company gear and they will let other employees and famliy swim for free. the supervisors roll over every few weeks, so once you have the gear you have a free pool pass for life if you have that pools company operators shirt or heck try any regular lifeguard shirt.

And the 3rd most blatent ones are to find a small local pool in a townhouse of neighborhood sub-division which are mostly run by these pool companies and just walk right in like you belong there. because most kids runnings the pools youd be surpised either dont speak english or are realllllly high and dont want to make eye contact or talk to someone. and most important of all is that they really dont care unless someone says something to them to do something. if you get kicked out no harm was worth a try.

The second one is to go to a website like hotels.com and find a hotel in your area that has a indoor pool, and find what chain it is like Hilton, and then lookup another similiar chain near it without a pool like hilton regency or whatever, and then show up to the hotel with the pool and tell the front desk clerk that the other hotel said it was ok to use the pool. (if you get a room in any chains hotel they let you goto other hotels to use the facilities.) if your paraniod like me you can goto the other none pool hotel down the street and call from the lobby phone to the pool hotel front desk letting them know the people are coming by to use the pool and then they will let you right in.

local pool companies that are always looking for gate and life guards in FFX.
http://www.winklerpool.com/index.html
http://www.palmpools.com/

Only the paraniod will Survive...

Posted by: eh ()
Date: May 17, 2006 09:03AM

join Cub Run Rec Center insteead

Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: May 17, 2006 09:34AM

I think that it depends whether you are looking for an 'open' pool like Sideburn Run (off of Zion Drive in Fairfax) or a community pool which offers summer memberships as a source of additional income. My guess is that pools like Sideburn Run are $450+, but our neighborhood pool (Fairfax Club Estates -- yes, where Amanda Wenk worked last summer) is around $250-275. This rate, however, is probably for a family and I am not sure if there is a price for individuals.

There are probably pools out there (i.e., Somerset Olde Creek near Woodson) which are hurting for members which will give you a better price.

Posted by: TrickieL ()
Date: May 17, 2006 12:43PM

I hate our neighborhood pool. They won't let you bring a guest even if you agree to pay the guest fee. It's Villa Aquatic and it's really old.

TrickieL

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: May 17, 2006 10:18PM

That doesn't make any sense TrickieL. If there is a guest fee that means you can bring a guest if you pay the fee. If no guests are allowed, there wouldn't be a guest fee.

Posted by: Hemsk ()
Date: May 17, 2006 10:21PM

Maybe TrickieL's guests are not the kind of guest they want to have at that pool.

Hooligans!

Date: May 17, 2006 10:23PM

OK, here's the deal. I bought a guest pass which cost $5.00. My child had a friend from the neighborhood over. We went to the pool. Guest had to sign in with name and address. When pool people saw gues lived in the neighborhood pool was located, they would not allow him in. Why? Because guests can only come there if they don't live in the neighborhood! Pretty stupid, huh? This ridiculous poolis called Villa Aquatic and we quit after that fiasco.

TrickieL

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: May 17, 2006 10:25PM

Wait, what? So the people who live in the neighborhood where the pool is located can't go to the pool?

Is the pool in a ghetto or something?

Date: May 17, 2006 10:55PM

No the pool is not in a ghetto. It's just that they want as many people to join and pay $450 for the summer. That way they can keep the pool operating and pay the help. You can't go to the pool unless you are a member who has paid the $450. Unless you bring a guest from like "burke" or Newington. Like I told you, it was very unfair. And I was not gonna write a fake address down because I didn't want to lie in front of my kid.

Posted by: M ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:21AM

I belong to Sully 2 pool and I hate it with all the little kids and not having a hot tub, the stupid parents of the kids, bitchey lifegards and fat people creating tsunami when they jumping into the pool. The kids always jump in the pool as close as they can to you. If I could I would pay for my own hot tub, now thats the way to go much more relaxing, chill out their drink some brew have your girl come over. But I'm just at my parents house for the summer before I go back to college.

Who Is More Of A Ding Bat, TrickieL or
Posted by: Tina3 ()
Date: May 18, 2006 07:23AM

Tina3? I think it is a toss up, at least Tina can say she is still in High School!

I will try to make it simple, low level, maybe third grade, but that maybe too much for TrickieL.

For your pool to function (maybe too advanced for you), it needs the majority of your community to purchase pool memberships to pay for the cost of operation.

In many respects it would be cheaper to pay $ 5 each time then to pay $ 450.

It is that simple, but I am sure it is too complicated for you to understand. I hope at least your good in bed!!!!!!

Posted by: heh ()
Date: May 18, 2006 09:14AM

Local pools are ghetto.
Dirty, cheap, filled with chlorine.
Why would anyone swim there...

go to the beach!

Date: May 18, 2006 09:49AM

Tina,
I believe you have me mixed up with someone else. Sorry.

TrickieL

How Stupid Are You TrickieL ....
Date: May 18, 2006 01:02PM

you still don't get it!! Your POOR husband, but he probably likes living with a MORON!! I guess a BJ is out of the question!!

Re: How Stupid Are You TrickieL ....
Date: May 18, 2006 01:09PM

Tina,

There has been a huge mistake. I "think" I am the only Trickie here. But you seem to be directing your posts to me by mistake. This is the pool thread. You might want to go back and find the correct poster. By the way, I shop at Costco not BJ's. I like the produce at Costco better but now Wegman's is my current fave.

Trickie

TrickieL You Didn't Write The Following?
Date: May 18, 2006 01:18PM

I can't believe how stupid you are. I will attempt to make this very, very, simple. If nobody joined the pool and paid $ 450, you would not have enough money to manage and operate the pool. I know you don't get!

BJ stands for what Monica L. gave Bill Clinton. I know you won't get it, but do I need to be more specific. I can assure you, you have no intellectual conversations with your hushand. I can also tell you what you do for a living.

YOU BLOW UP BALLONS, YOUR AN AIR HEAD!!!!!!!!

Posted by: TrickieL (IP Logged)
Date: May 17, 2006 12:43PM

I hate our neighborhood pool. They won't let you bring a guest even if you agree to pay the guest fee. It's Villa Aquatic and it's really old.

TrickieL

Date: May 17, 2006 10:23PM

OK, here's the deal. I bought a guest pass which cost $5.00. My child had a friend from the neighborhood over. We went to the pool. Guest had to sign in with name and address. When pool people saw gues lived in the neighborhood pool was located, they would not allow him in. Why? Because guests can only come there if they don't live in the neighborhood! Pretty stupid, huh? This ridiculous poolis called Villa Aquatic and we quit after that fiasco.

TrickieL

Date: May 17, 2006 10:55PM

No the pool is not in a ghetto. It's just that they want as many people to join and pay $450 for the summer. That way they can keep the pool operating and pay the help. You can't go to the pool unless you are a member who has paid the $450. Unless you bring a guest from like "burke" or Newington. Like I told you, it was very unfair. And I was not gonna write a fake address down because I didn't want to lie in front of my kid.

Re: TrickieL You Didn't Write The Following?
Date: May 18, 2006 01:27PM

Tina,
I did pay the $450 to join the pool. My gripe was that I could not bring my son's playmate even though I offered to pay the guest fee.
In answer to your other comments, what does Monica lewinsky's behavior have to do with me? I DID vote for Clinton but that's about it.

I don't blow up balloons for a living at all. I do not have a job right now. ( I am looking but there is no hurry) One thing you are correct about - my husband and I do not have many intellectual conversations. We like it that way. So instead we discuss American Idol, the basketball tournament (Go Cavs!), and whether we want to vacation in Turks or Tortola. Honey, I am just not that interesting to pick on and call names. You would be better off choosing a more interesting target. I am sorry if I got you fired up but pool memebership is just not really high on my radar screen. And, yeah, I am a moron sometimes. Aren't we all?????

No offense taken!
Trickie

TrickieL Please Don't Create .....
Date: May 18, 2006 01:43PM

any more children! Fairfax County would not be able to pay for the LD costs associated with your kids. Each of us would have to pay thousands of more additional dollars in property tax to pay for your mistake!

I will in the future look at everything you write, I will put a smile on my face!!

I bet your a BLOND!! You stero type the blond jokes, I hope your at least good looking, life is tough enough being stupid, you need all the support you can get!

Re: TrickieL Please Don't Create .....
Date: May 18, 2006 01:51PM

LOL at Tina,

Don't worry. No more kids for me!! I am 59 and the store is officially closed. We do have one son but he went to catholic school so you got lucky and didn't have to pay for his education. I wish he had been labelled LD, he would have earned better grades!!!! Besides our property tax assessment went up over $100,000 over last year's so beleive me, we are paying more than our fair share here in Fairfax County!
Yes I am blond. I have been all my life but I just got the best highlights at this awesome shop in Falls Church. it's called Perfect Endings . Ask for Juja!!! I am glad I can bring a smile to your face with my posts.
BTW, I just wrote one about my ferret Baby. He is very naughty but is now in his golden years.
Hope this exchange gives you a pleasant break from school or work or whatever. I gotta go to the gym.
Trickie

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: May 18, 2006 02:26PM

Wow. This got off=topic real quick. You two if you've got a bone to pick please don't clutter up an existing thread. I'll probably be "splitting" this thread soon and removing the bitching.

Posted by: M ()
Date: May 19, 2006 02:09AM

Get a Hot Tub much more fun

Posted by: Pinkprincess06 ()
Date: May 19, 2006 08:18AM

For Burke it's like 160 per family

Posted by: Jim H ()
Date: June 05, 2006 01:23PM

Our pool, Springfield Swimming and Racquet Club, is soliciting for temporary memberships, if Central Springfield is convenient to you (we're located near Lake Accotink).

On the guests and fees issue, we used not to be able to bring neighborhood guests, but that rule was changed. The pool charges a daily guest fee ($3.00/$4.00 for weekdays/weekends). With a large family and lots of kids, we rack up a couple hundred in guest fees every year. The association gets the benefit of that cash influx and I think it is why they changed the rule to allow locals as guests.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 05, 2006 07:55PM

Janz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, Can anyone tell me what do the average
> neighborhood swimming pool rates run for in this
> area? Any replies Thanks.

There are a ton of rec centers in the area that charge per usage. Usually in the $5 to $15 range. That is possibly a way to go.

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: June 06, 2006 10:04AM

You need to be like Burt Lancaster in "The Swimmer"....

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JKQ6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

...Just go around Fairfax County, randomly jumping into peoples' pools. At the end, you realize you are insane.

Posted by: 345 ()
Date: June 07, 2006 09:27AM

"I hate our neighborhood pool. They won't let you bring a guest even if you agree to pay the guest fee. It's Villa Aquatic and it's really old. "

I dropped a duece in that pool once. It remained open.

Posted by: Lifeguard ()
Date: November 15, 2014 10:51AM

Pools are closed.

It is basically winter now.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: November 15, 2014 01:09PM

You dug up an 8 year old thread to post that?!? You must not have much of a life.

Date: November 15, 2014 01:20PM

And you read and commented?

Pot calling the kettle black right there.

Bill.N. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You dug up an 8 year old thread to post that?!?
> You must not have much of a life.

Date: November 15, 2014 01:22PM

Fun Facts

This thread was started when I was only 8

This thread is half my age

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.