HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sunday Morning drag racing at Kohls/Starbucks Fair Lakes
Posted by: Get off my lawn! ()
Date: May 19, 2014 08:25PM

OK, what the fuck is happening on Sundays at the Kohls/Starbucks? I could understand if it was a bunch of 16 kids showing off their skills after dropping out of HS. But these assclowns are just showing off their vehicles "purchased NOT done themselves" and showing how cool they are by revving their engines on what would normally be a quiet Sunday morning.

Time to admit to yourselves that you are old! Stop with the mid-life crisis and go back to your condos. It didn't get you laid in HS and it wont get you laid now...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sunday Morning drag racing at Kohls/Starbucks Fair Lakes
Posted by: Big Tim ()
Date: May 24, 2014 09:03AM

Agreed, this pseudo car show on Sunday mornings is getting really annoying. A bunch of old men hanging out at Starbucks showing off their cars that would probably get their ass kicked if they attempted to bring it to a real one.

Please stop...

Posted by: Road Pizza ()
Date: May 24, 2014 03:22PM

Old people are doing this? It's bad enough that they've been the cause of some many accidents lately.

Posted by: Old.Car.Guy ()
Date: May 24, 2014 05:10PM

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.........I always wanted a GTO but Mommie never bought me one. Then I went and married a woman who "made" me buy a Prius. Now, every time I see a fun car it makes me so mad that I wasted my life doing what everyone else wanted me to do instead of taking control of things and doing what I want to.

I know...I know how to fix this...I'll go on an internet forum and complain about it! That will change things! Forever!

YOLO, bitches...YOLO. Go out and live your lives. If you can't...are unwilling or otherwise unable to do so then, don't further waste your life trying to sit in judgment of people enjoying their lives and doing the things they enjoy doing. If you don't like shiny cars and loud engines...stay the fuck home. Better yet...

Go back to your room....errrr, I mean your parents' basement. Don't worry, Mommy will be down soon to smother your genitals with marshmallow fluff while Daddy plays hide the nine iron in your ass and then watches you lick your own shit off the end of it. Then you can call watch "The Kardashians" together...

Either way? Zero fucks given to what you think you're entitled to.

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: May 24, 2014 07:46PM

So this meet is the Kohl's Cars and Coffee, which is a great alternative to Katie's Cars and Coffee on Saturday AM for those who cannot go - or want to wake at the crack of dawn.

The idea comes from the Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA, which is hosted at the former PAG complex, which after Ford sold, became Mazda, and now Taco Bell HQ. Anyways, been going to the Cars and Coffee in Irvine since 2006, right after it left Crystal Cove...

Now a regional thing, Cars and Coffee is a way for car guys (and gals) to get together with their machines and talk about all things related.

Compared to the PAG Cars and Coffee in Irvine, Kohl's cars and coffee isn't quite the draw. With all the stock looking Camaros and many imports, it's actually pretty boring on some rows. But others have some great cars, built or bought...

Check it out for real some time - you might enjoy the times

Posted by: grystoff ()
Date: May 24, 2014 09:24PM

Poor old folks trying to sell their favorite old jalopies now--gotta pay for that medical bill somehow, now that Uncle Sugar is trying to get rid of their Medicare Advantage plans once and for all to make sure the advantages go away for everybody...

Posted by: herefishy ()
Date: May 24, 2014 09:40PM

I feel for the older generation having to sell their classics, but that gives us younger generation a chance to actually drive them! Why have a beautiful muscle car and never drive it? So it can be worth more money? You can't take it with you!!!! Use it while you're here on this earth!!!

Posted by: Utwpm ()
Date: May 25, 2014 05:52AM

Are they going to be there this morning?

Posted by: dude12345 ()
Date: May 25, 2014 10:01AM

I just drove by there and I didn't realize that it is probably over a hundred cars. That is a huge gathering of cars. Several people basically burning out of the parking lot. Surprised to not see any cops around.

Posted by: Stroller ()
Date: May 25, 2014 10:12AM

Oh Noes, someone actually having an enjoyable time in Fairfax? Call the police immediately! Write to the Board of Supervisors!

Posted by: Geez ()
Date: May 25, 2014 10:21AM

Good lord you babies will bitch about anything.

A few dozen folks out early on a Sunday morning enjoying cars and sharing stories. It has no effect on me therefore, could give a shit.

No one is being bothered, not in a residential area either.

STFU on this this. If you don't like it protest and form a picket line or start a letter writing campaign you ass hats.

Posted by: Grow Up, People ()
Date: May 25, 2014 11:27AM

Well, clearly someone is being bothered "on what would normally be a quiet Sunday morning." Old guys gunning their cars. So juvenile.

Posted by: 7w3mF ()
Date: May 25, 2014 12:41PM

Old.Car.Guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.........I always wanted a GTO but
> Mommie never bought me one.

GTO = redneck garbage

Posted by: vroombitches ()
Date: May 26, 2014 12:29AM

I stopped by once. It wasn't that bad. Most peeps were nice except some of the douche 370Z owners. I told them my wife would love to drive one of their cute cars.

It was nice not having to drive to BFE (to me) for a cars and coffed like meeting.

(Former STi owner here, now drive something more growed up)

Posted by: 2007 Mazdaspeed6 ()
Date: May 26, 2014 05:45PM

the C and C in fair lakes is a good car meet, and I don't know what old farts are all worked up about. Sure people do some 1st and 2nd gear pulls out of the parking lot but playtime is over once you get up to the first stop light. Yesterday's turnout was impressive, and fortunately the snobby Lotus owners kept to themselves behind a roped off section of parking spots.

stop being so crotchety and let us have a bit of fun. the parking lot is absent of people shopping early Sunday AM, and I've not heard of anyone getting hurt at a C and C.

Posted by: icarealittlebit ()
Date: May 26, 2014 06:10PM

2007 Mazdaspeed6 Wrote:
> Sure people do some 1st and 2nd gear pulls

What does it matter what gears they get up to? For some cars 2nd gear may go to 45mph, in other cars 2nd gear might go to 120mph, you really can't judge how fast someone is going based on that.

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: May 26, 2014 07:33PM

There are going to be people who bitch even if NO ONE was making noise. They don't have a car, like cars, or have any other interest other than following some pro ball team and bitching that the players/coaches/etc are idiots and don't know how to play, all from their comfy recliners over their potbelly. Cause, of course, they need to bitch about ANYONE else.

Date: May 26, 2014 10:30PM

herefishy Wrote:
> I feel for the older generation having to sell
> their classics, but that gives us younger
> generation a chance to actually drive them! Why
> have a beautiful muscle car and never drive it? So
> it can be worth more money? You can't take it with
> you!!!! Use it while you're here on this earth!!!

Honestly, I think I have only seen one or two cars with "For Sale" signs, so it isn't a for sale lot by any stretch.

As far as the "older generation", I suppose if you mean people in their 40's, which is the typical demographic, followed by 50's-60's, I guess that's old to some.

The only people who rev or leave "fast" are in mustangs, from what I have seen. It is a laid back time, no big egos to feed. Except maybe the lotus crowd mentioned above, but I avoid Sundays when they plan their outings.

Date: May 26, 2014 10:40PM

icarealittlebit Wrote:
> 2007 Mazdaspeed6 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sure people do some 1st and 2nd gear pulls
>
> What does it matter what gears they get up to? For
> some cars 2nd gear may go to 45mph, in other cars
> 2nd gear might go to 120mph, you really can't
> judge how fast someone is going based on that.

It doesn't matter what gear they do pulls in. And like it was said, only the guys driving their american pig iron haul ass out of the parking lot. These tall first and second gear ratios you speak of are common amongst Vettes and Mustangs

Posted by: Nice! ()
Date: May 26, 2014 10:47PM

Sweetie
Attachments:
gtoe4.jpg

Posted by: Tim B ()
Date: May 30, 2014 01:59PM

Look at me! Look at me! I'm driving fast and making noise in my 'look at me, I am awesome' (sic) car. The reality is that you are a pussy that has a lot of money, or more likely, your dad does. You try playing the role of badass (read: dumbass) and when challenged, you run away like a little boy.

But in reality how cool can you be in a Kohls parking lot drinking Starbucks coffee on a Sunday? Answer: You're not, and we are laughing at you...

Posted by: Laughing at your Mid-Life crisis ()
Date: May 30, 2014 02:04PM

Haha! They are probably the same assholes who come back later in their mini-vans shopping for cargo shorts at Kohls before going to WalMart for some auto supplies!

Posted by: XY7Cd ()
Date: May 30, 2014 02:46PM

Can anyone around here do what they like to do without getting a whole rash of shit for it? I personally think cars are an absurdly expensive hobby and lost interest around 16-17 but I'm certainly not offended by those who take it seriously. Get over yourselves, life's too short to be a fucking hater.

Posted by: MS6 KILLER ()
Date: May 30, 2014 02:58PM

2007 Mazdaspeed6 Wrote:
> icarealittlebit Wrote:
> -----
> > 2007 Mazdaspeed6 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Sure people do some 1st and 2nd gear pulls
> >
> > What does it matter what gears they get up to?
> For
> > some cars 2nd gear may go to 45mph, in other
> cars
> > 2nd gear might go to 120mph, you really can't
> > judge how fast someone is going based on that.
>
>
>
>
> It doesn't matter what gear they do pulls in. And
> like it was said, only the guys driving their
> american pig iron haul ass out of the parking lot.
> These tall first and second gear ratios you speak
> of are common amongst Vettes and Mustangs

My 335i will shit on your MS6, out of my way mazda boy!

Posted by: Wizdom of the Lamb Centre ()
Date: May 30, 2014 11:07PM

Starbutt wen out the business 4 year ago. This mofo bullsh***t. Yall dragging yo brain. That what I think.

Posted by: BEEEEEEEEMERRRR ()
Date: May 31, 2014 12:48AM

Learn your place mr 335. My M6 will shit on ALL! Except cars faster than mines. But I'm pretty sure those cars are far and few inbetween.

Posted by: Engrish 101 ()
Date: May 31, 2014 08:00AM

Wizdom of the Lamb Centre Wrote:
> Starbutt wen out the business 4 year ago. This
> mofo bullsh***t. Yall dragging yo brain. That
> what I think.

I see the 7 years of Community College that you attended really improved your English language skills!

Posted by: honest question ()
Date: May 31, 2014 08:58AM

Any daisy duke wearing young blondes waving race car flags in tied up buttonup shirts? If so I would go. Rather not mingle with the smelly old fart dreamers with gray goatees wearing bandanas to hide their baldspots. Just not my thing.

Posted by: Yo Mama... ()
Date: May 31, 2014 09:28AM

Wizdom of the Lamb Centre Wrote:
> Starbutt wen out the business 4 year ago. This
> mofo bullsh***t. Yall dragging yo brain. That
> what I think.
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: Here it is ()
Date: May 31, 2014 03:37PM

Someone mentioned Katie's in Great Falls. This AM they had 300+ cars. Most are not the recent crap (crop) of new Mustangs, Cameros, and Chargers. Loads (40+) of vintage Porsches. Many Lambos and Ferraris. Some cars are ones that could be displayed at Pebble Beach. Some of the people are nice and some are real douches. There is even on occaision a Buggati Veyron and this week a Moal Custom ($4 mil+). First car does get there by 6AM but it can be so worth it. It is, however, getting way too crowded, get there at 7:30 and there are no spaces left anywhere in the area.

Date: May 31, 2014 04:26PM

Here it is Wrote:
> Someone mentioned Katie's in Great Falls. This AM
> they had 300+ cars. Most are not the recent crap
> (crop) of new Mustangs, Cameros, and Chargers.
> Loads (40+) of vintage Porsches. Many Lambos and
> Ferraris. Some cars are ones that could be
> displayed at Pebble Beach. Some of the people are
> nice and some are real douches. There is even on
> occaision a Buggati Veyron and this week a Moal
> Custom ($4 mil+). First car does get there by 6AM
> but it can be so worth it. It is, however, getting
> way too crowded, get there at 7:30 and there are
> no spaces left anywhere in the area.

I go to Katie's a few times a year. The Great Falls weekly event is larger than Kohls, but you have to wake up so damn early to find a parking spot.
The mustangs and camaros could probably stay home, as nobody really cares. If I wanted to see those cars, I could go to my local dealer at a more reasonable hour.

A few weeks ago a couple (yes, two) Ferrari F40s were at Katie's. Unreal to see one, but TWO!!

Anyways, I was going to go to Kohl's in the AM, but have other commitments tomorrow. As the weather gets nicer, so do the cars.

Posted by: Vroom-Vrooom Idiots ()
Date: June 01, 2014 03:54PM

I live "close" to the Kohls parking lot and I dont have a problem with the few douchebags who want to give the car show a bad name. Everytime I have stoped by to look around most everyone has been very pleasant. My concern is with the motorcycles who feel that the Fair Lakes area is their own personal drag strip.

You would think that revving your puny engines over and over would get boring after while, but I guess if your a narcissist with a "look at me I drive a Japanese motorcycle like an idiot around town" you would disagree. When the Occasional Harley Davidson drivers look at you and start laughing you'd think they'd get the hint, apparently not.

We are laughing at you (and so are our daughters who you are trying (and failing miserably) to impress...

Posted by: Here it is ()
Date: June 01, 2014 09:41PM

Vroom-Vrooom Idiots Wrote:
> I live "close" to the Kohls parking lot and I dont
> have a problem with the few douchebags who want to
> give the car show a bad name. Everytime I have
> stoped by to look around most everyone has been
> very pleasant. My concern is with the motorcycles
> who feel that the Fair Lakes area is their own
> personal drag strip.
>
> You would think that revving your puny engines
> over and over would get boring after while, but I
> guess if your a narcissist with a "look at me I
> drive a Japanese motorcycle like an idiot around
> town" you would disagree. When the Occasional
> Harley Davidson drivers look at you and start
> laughing you'd think they'd get the hint,
> apparently not.
>
> We are laughing at you (and so are our daughters
> who you are trying (and failing miserably) to
> impress...

Any mature adult (male or female) would agree with you. Cars can be cool and nice to check out but burnouts are for High Schoolers and some there haven't grown up. But when they leave and are pulled over it is priceless!!!!

Posted by: Speedy Johnson ()
Date: June 02, 2014 03:21AM

Makes me think of the good old days, cruising Loehman's Plaza and hanging out at the Burger King in Falls Church. Of course those cars were actually cool, and not thos cheesy fartboxes the kids have today.

Date: June 02, 2014 09:56AM

Speedy Johnson Wrote:
> Makes me think of the good old days, cruising
> Loehman's Plaza and hanging out at the Burger King
> in Falls Church. Of course those cars were
> actually cool, and not thos cheesy fartboxes the
> kids have today.

I remember BK in Falls Church, probably until 1989'ish, then it died... BK in Tackett's Mill was also the place for a while, now it's BK in Manassas.... What's with BK and cars?

Anyways, the imports are a part of the car scene, like it or not. Most younger folks couldn't care less about a Trans Am or Camaro - they want a Scion or Subaru.

Not sure if they were priced-out in the 90's, or what, but it seems like the EVO/WRX/STi/BRZ, etc group forgot about domestics. Who will buy my junk in 20 years?? LOL

Posted by: Old.Car.Guy ()
Date: June 02, 2014 10:20AM

The youth of automobile enthusiasm have always been motivated by price and a lack of money (in most cases). In the 60's and 70's, the most frequently seen hot rods were Novas, Mavericks and Falcons. Why? Because these were the cheapest cars. Oh sure you had Mustangs and Camaros, Torinos and Chevelles and all of the Mopar cars, too but...cars are expensive for most people.

So, today there are no Novas, Mavericks and Falcons...so it's Scion, Hyundai and Kias. Dodge has brought back the Dart (which I think was a mistake from a PR point of view). You want a small domestic to compete with the imports? Fine...but don't call it a Dart. Even the Dart Swingers (an upline performance trim) were junk. Regardless, domestic manufacturers have finally woken up to the youth movement. But, they have a ways to go.

Posted by: vette dude ()
Date: September 02, 2014 12:37PM

This started off so nice with guys wanting to have a place to hang out,show your car for a couple of hours go home watch the game. but when you get the young and dumbs showing up. its game over.

Posted by: Get off my Lawn ()
Date: October 26, 2014 10:43AM

"YOLO", Really? You sir are obviously an idiot. After last weeks "show" in the parking lot. The shopping center management contacted the FCPD for assistance in removing "loiterers" from their property. And no, buying a cup of coffee from Starbucks won't help you.

Think I'm full of shit? Then please feel free to contact Captain John Naylor with the FCPD @ 703-591-0966.

Have a nice life asshole!

Date: October 26, 2014 07:07PM

Get off my lawn...

You are an ass hat, and a snitch for getting the pigs involved.

Think of it this way. If people show up to appreciate other cars and share a common hobby... let them. The show offs will eventually put them selves out of commission by showing off, totaling their cars/ getting arrested etc. You are just a whiny retired kermudgen with too much time on your hands. Kill yourself.

Ps, I'm raping all those Beemers.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.