HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Nats Park vs the Cubs — Parts 2 & 3
Posted by: Hello, it’s me ()
Date: September 08, 2018 02:50PM

Let’s try to play two! Weather isn’t helping so far, but it should improve some. Hoping for the best.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nats Park vs the Cubs — Parts 2 & 3
Posted by: Hello, it ‘s me... ()
Date: September 08, 2018 03:59PM

Cool breeze blowing through the ballpark this afternoon. Good thing some are in the suites today. Watching the Reds and Padres game while waiting for weather updates. Pretty much all up in the air at this point.

Posted by: Hello, it’s me... ()
Date: September 08, 2018 04:37PM

Looks like they’ll try to start Game-1 around 5:15. Plenty of free beer in the fridge, so bring it on.

Date: September 08, 2018 04:48PM

Munching off the free spiced shrimp platter now, but the tarp is still sitting out there. Oh wait, here comes the grounds crew...

Date: September 08, 2018 05:20PM

Dogs, wings, and meatballs have arrived. Let’s play ball!

Date: September 08, 2018 05:46PM

Well, could have had more but 3-0 after one will work.

Date: September 08, 2018 06:37PM

Max is bringing it but offense has vanished. Still 3-0, bottom five.

Date: September 08, 2018 07:15PM

Junkyard 5-Spot. Max and the Nats now up 8-0.

Date: September 08, 2018 07:29PM

Couple of lead-off hits, but Cubs held to one run. 7th inning stretch with a 7-run lead.

Date: September 08, 2018 07:40PM

Max gets that one back on his own with a sharp RBI single to center. Nats add another and lead 10-1.

Date: September 08, 2018 08:04PM

Max a little shaky going for the CG. Gives up 4 hits and 2 runs, but with 11 K’s Locks up his 17th win, 10-3.

Game-2 will start shortly.

Date: September 08, 2018 09:10PM

Nice between games ceremony to add Jayson Werth to the Ring of Honor. If Mike Pence were here, he’d have called Werth a ‘lodestar’. So after Max in the opener, we get Jefry Rodriguez in the nightcap. Two flies an a K in the first, so off to a good start.

Date: September 08, 2018 10:11PM

Ouch! Couple of walks, an error, and a salami. Down 4-0 in the fourth.

Date: September 08, 2018 10:35PM

So we got the ne back on a triple by Adrian Sanchez. He’s better than people think. But we’re still in a 4-1 hole.

Posted by: Readit ()
Date: September 08, 2018 10:51PM

Never over till it’s over.
Herr comes the rain.

Date: September 08, 2018 11:05PM

Rendon starts the sixth with a long HR. Costly DP dampens things but Adrian Sanchez come through again to make it 4-3. There might be hope yet.

Posted by: Nats Suck ()
Date: September 08, 2018 11:27PM

Date: September 08, 2018 11:36PM

The bad Sammy Solis showed up. Now down by two.

Posted by: Hello, it’s me..: ()
Date: September 08, 2018 11:49PM

Ooh, ooh, Harper! Nats up 6-5

Date: September 09, 2018 12:06AM

The rains have returned but so has Sean Doolittle with a 1-2-3. Bottom eight now with s 1-run lead, but the tarp is back on.

Posted by: #ForeverAlone ()
Date: September 09, 2018 12:23AM

IhNKCag.gif

Date: September 09, 2018 01:58AM

Rains abate but Nats do nothing in the 8th. Fortunately, Greg Holland erases a lead-off HBP in the 9th with a nifty game-ending double play. Long day, but we go home happy with the sweep. Sorry, Cubs fans.

Posted by: BV6P1 ()
Date: September 09, 2018 02:40AM

We have 116 under the roof, so we didn't get wet. We left after rain started in 8th...surprised the rain stopped long enough for them to finish.

Cubs looked like Keystone Kops in the 1st game--either that or a team that's in first place---in the Fall Instructional League. Scherzer was back to his old self. Those September call-ups are showing some promise.

GF liked the Werth ceremony. Baker named it when he said the reason for Washington's woes is they miss Werth.

Rodriguez looked better than usual until the 4th. Ol' Sammy did OK in the 6th, but not so OK in the 7th.

The good Koda showed up and Dooooooooooooooooooo did what he was asked to do.

As much as Holland has done for Washington, you gotta' wonder what his problem was in St.L.

All in all, an enjoyable time and it was good to see the "traditional" double header. It's been a while. & I'm not even a Nationals fan.

Posted by: Baseballguy72 ()
Date: September 09, 2018 10:28AM

How did you get to the game? did you use I-395? Also, does anyone know why that road is numbered 395? I have always wondered.

Posted by: Who? Me? ()
Date: September 09, 2018 12:55PM

Baseballguy72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How did you get to the game? did you use I-395?
> Also, does anyone know why that road is numbered
> 395? I have always wondered.

Live in DC. Took a cab. We got a cab from Uber, which is something you can actually do in DC, get an actual real taxicab from Uber. It's something on the Uber app they call Uber Taxi and it gets you a real, actual taxi.

If you get the Pool or Uber X, they have these dumb ass drivers who can't find anything and if they didn't have their screwy route GPS, they wouldn't even get there tomorrow. If you get the taxi from Uber, those guys don't pay any attention to the GPS b/c they know where they're going. It gets you all the convenience of Uber plus a driver you don't have to direct.

Too bad we can't get it back to DC when we go to friends in VA or MD. Sometimes if there's a high surge in the 'burbs on Uber X or Lyft, it's worth it to try Uber Black, but you have to make sure you get a limo with DC or MD tags, b/c those guys have a limo license so they know where they're going, too. The VA limos on Uber Black don't have a limo license, so they're just as ignorant as the idiots on Uber X and Lyft, they just have a fancier car.

Definitely reject anything on Uber Black that's a Suburban with VA tags and the driver's name is Abdullah.

Date: September 09, 2018 03:50PM

We were at the park for 13 hours Saturday and it was pretty tiring despite the protection and comforts of the suite. It distances you from the game some, so I can’t see doing that on a regular basis, but it’s nice as an occasional, special treat kind of thing.

Re travel routes, we have parking in the Geico Garage, but we rarely take 395 to get to or from the Park. Especially with the train tunnel construction the past couple of years, simply cutting across H Street. to Mass Ave over to Union Station and then down 4th Street NE has worked well. Home via S Capital to E Street SE then N Carolina and 2nd Street north past the Capitol to Constitution is usually good unless there is some sort of festival going on. Work on the tunnel is nearing completion, so maybe we’ll try 395 again sometime next season.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.