HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Missing person from 1980
Posted by: my2cents ()
Date: June 03, 2016 08:36PM

Sheldon?
Attachments:
th-1.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: justice4judy ()
Date: June 03, 2016 09:02PM

I am going to throw this out there... No matter what you are holding on to, you know the truth deep down. You have lived your life that has been based on lies told to you... You know that, whether you want to face reality or not... He did this not only to your mom, but to you and your brother, and your kids... All of you have had to live life without the love of your mom. What right did he have to decide for you that you guys were better off without her? I've tried to protect you Kelly, but I'm sorry, you know the truth... and I don't know why you protect him. Look up what percentage of homicides are committed by strangers... and then combine that with the fact no trace of your mom has been found...Add that to the story your dad sticks by, and the fact he has not used a dime to search for her... I know you are suffering... This tears you up! I know it may not be easy to face the facts, but Kelly She loved you and your brother dearly... It wouldn't be right for me, knowing her like I did, to not speak up, and speak for her since obviously, she cannot. Your Dad is not the big mean boogie man he was... He is nothing but a spineless, greedy coward that he was 36 years ago when he killed her... The sad thing is, he probably didn't have to kill her for the money, he is a smart man, so did she threaten to take you guys from him? Did he kill her because he didn't want to lose you guys??? I keep all of you guys in my prayers... Including your Dad!
Attachments:
hofferman.jpg

Posted by: uU9xh ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:55PM

uU9xh

Date: June 30, 2016 01:19AM

Still very little about her online... I thought by now there would be more. Where is her family? Friends? Doesn't anyone care about this woman? I know that the media trolls this site for stories, this isn't newsworthy? A woman goes missing, her husband never looks for her. Her kids never question what happened? How does that happen in Fairfax County? Too many questions, no answers from the family.

Posted by: xudwF ()
Date: June 30, 2016 10:00AM

Why hasn't anyone called the local news? They would be all over this kind of thing.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: June 30, 2016 11:01AM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2016 02:29PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: xudwF ()
Date: June 30, 2016 11:07AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> xudwF Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why hasn't anyone called the local news? They
> > would be all over this kind of thing.
>
> There's no press release on the subject, which
> instantly eliminates any chance of 95%+ of the
> local news and media outlets reporting on the
> subject.
>
> The paucity of information and unwillingness to
> cooperate of most of the principal actors, plus
> the age of the case (36+ years) pretty much
> ensures that any local news outlets that might
> have the resources (reporter and researcher time,
> both of which cost money) to do investigative
> reporting won't commit them, which pretty much
> eliminates the remaining 5%.

As it stands now.

Posted by: Minnie winne ()
Date: June 30, 2016 12:02PM

So no press release ever on a missing woman from the town of Clifton. Yet they do a huge thing on Bunnyman. Seems messed up doesn't it.

Date: August 22, 2016 12:31AM

I can't believe this is being buried. if I were a reporter I would be investigating and reporting this until everyone knew... Why did the Lacy Peterson case get splashed all over the news, but nobody cares about a wealthy Fairfax Station Mom disappearing leaving her two small children? You'd have to be an absolute idiot to not see her husband did this! If America saw this, he wouldn't have gotten away with it. What a loser! We should start a petition! Justice4Judy are you listening?

Posted by: Unsolved Mysteries ()
Date: August 22, 2016 01:20AM

Stop whining try this http://unsolved.com/content/tips

Posted by: anonymous poster ()
Date: November 11, 2016 10:58PM

Have the police talked to the daughters ex husband? He knows everything.

Posted by: evry2mos ()
Date: January 13, 2017 09:54PM

Still no news?

Posted by: um ()
Date: January 14, 2017 02:40PM

No, we're still not going to write the book for you, OP. Write it yourself!

Posted by: Mystery writer ()
Date: January 16, 2017 04:30PM

Yes the mystery of what happened to Judy is now being worked on

Posted by: stumblebum ()
Date: May 28, 2017 01:58PM

Just stumbled on this, I am surprised that guy could get away with murder so easily. I wonder if growing up the kids were told not to play in certain areas of the property?

Posted by: Rotten ()
Date: May 28, 2017 03:33PM

If the ex husband knew something did the police talk to him?

Posted by: Judy ()
Date: May 28, 2017 04:04PM

Lighten up, people! I'm fine as long as you keep your nose out of my business! Get a life, like I did!

Date: May 30, 2017 01:25AM

I've searched for info on this and can't find much. I would think if she were missing for that long the husband, kids or police would post more about this. there is a police report, but not much info

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: May 30, 2017 05:19AM

where’s the police report?

Date: May 30, 2017 02:31PM

She is listed on NAMUS which means she has been reported missing. That means that someone forged her signature in 1993.

Posted by: p3i50348957 ()
Date: May 30, 2017 08:34PM

The husband set up a company called "The Golden Phoenix." Look beneath that at what that name really represents. He used her for her money, got through college on her dime, and as soon as he got his professional degree, and her fortune and real estate holdings, there was no longer any need for her. The "Golden Phoenix" is basically her fortune that was going to be used to raise his sorry butt out of the ashes of his useless life and into a life of the coveted 1 % ers, most of whom leach off of other people's money and who don't have to lift a finger to work for or earn their own sustenance.

He could easily have set her up, paying someone off to "create a drama" enabling him to make such a spurious claim or alibi as to where she "went". After all, if she is having an affair, would that not be a reason for him to also have an affair, and give him a good reason to say she "wanted" to leave him? Then pay someone to meet him at the airport and pick him up after he drives her car there and leaves it there? After he pays for a hit and disposition of her remains by someone else? As an attorney he would have access to who such people do that sort of work.

And, Has anyone seriously interrogated the vet she supposedly was "having an affair" with? Vets have access to drugs used in euthanasia. They also have access to cremation facilities. Most of them are honest. But who knows? When large amounts of a fortune are available for giveaway, people get weak.

The other thing is that there are ground sensing devices that can be rolled over the ground and will pick up all anomalies such as dup-up areas, skeletal remains, etc. that have been buried underground. That whole estate needs to be scanned for dug up ground and bones, as well as the pond. That might not be where she is, as it would be hard for him to bury a body on the property without the kids knowing he was out there digging for a week. He doesn't look like the type well suited to getting his own hands dirty. The "hit man" payoff would be the most possible choice for him to try. But the "golden phoenix" gives it all away. Especially if her name was the only one on all of her inheritances and if he changed it over to himself after her "disappearance."

Date: May 31, 2017 01:45PM

I Agree
From what I read, she put him through college before he had her disappear. And she was reported in 1980, so He had to have forged her name.

Posted by: Rotten ()
Date: May 31, 2017 02:54PM

Pretty sad the kids don't care, He must have really fucked with their heads. Funny thing is, all that money is rightfully theirs. If my Dad killed my Mom, and said she ran off to chase parrots in the Amazon, I'd probably still love him, but want to know the truth. Sad, you can tell she was a loving person.

Posted by: Jackie B Good ()
Date: May 31, 2017 08:05PM

What happened to the woman who had the wine store that rented from him?
Didn't know she closed.

Date: June 09, 2017 03:44AM

She's in NAMUS. No picture, very little information. Why wouldn't the family search for her?

Posted by: Lt Columbo ()
Date: June 09, 2017 12:57PM

stumblebum Wrote:
> She's in NAMUS. No picture, very little
> information. Why wouldn't the family search for
> her?

It's kind of like OJ searching for the real killer.

Posted by: Jackie b good ()
Date: June 09, 2017 07:46PM

I know the wife is in NAMUS. My question is does anyone know what happened to the person who rented the wine store in his building. Did she disappear too?

Date: June 14, 2017 01:39AM

Was she reported missing? Does anyone know his daughters ex husband? He is supposed to have information the daughter told him. I understand Shelly and Kelly's ex don't get along.

Date: January 31, 2018 11:15PM

C1998-29162, NamUs #6150: Stafford County

I think this is Judy!

Date: November 25, 2018 09:46PM

Attachments:
missing.png

Date: November 25, 2018 09:52PM

I think she’s been found but still unidentified in Stafford County.
Attachments:
judy hoffman missing found.png

Date: November 25, 2018 10:14PM

National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). NamUs is a web-based computer search engine funded by the National Institute of Justice for matching missing and unidentified persons that can be accessed by individuals searching for their missing loved one.

www.NamUs.gov

C1998-29162, NamUs #6150: Stafford County

Date: November 25, 2018 10:53PM

http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/medical-examiner/looking-for-a-missing-person/

Anyone with information about the possible identity of any of these cases is asked to call the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner at (804) 786-3174 or email at OCME_CENT@vdh.virginia.gov.

Posted by: AllCallJustice4Judy! ()
Date: November 28, 2018 11:27AM

That really looks like her. What happened to justice4judy?

Posted by: Really peopleCPPFC ()
Date: November 29, 2018 05:50PM

I’m curious if the police are checking this out. Such as DNA or dental records.
Seems really to look like the missing woman. If I remember it took a long time to get her in the mission persons website. Really a shame

Posted by: justice4judy ()
Date: February 24, 2019 09:39PM

I spoke to a Detective in the Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office when I first saw this, and qas told that it was not a DNA match. I then reached out to Fairfax Cold Case detectives. I myself, cannot believe it is not her, and if anyone knows what Fairfax Station was like bake in those days, it qas extremely rural. Rt 123 was a clear shot to 95, then head south to Stafford, which was nothing but woods... I think there is a cover up going on here... Sheldon is very wealthy.

Posted by: AnthonyCumia ()
Date: February 25, 2019 10:41AM

They're stuck in Jumanji.

Posted by: Love birds ()
Date: February 25, 2019 09:00PM

Why did it take so long to get this poor woman on missing website?
Husband can’t be that rich

Posted by: InDAknowHoe ()
Date: February 26, 2019 10:42AM

Don't be surprised if the case file was lost. They employ some of the most incompetent fools in the cold case units. It is only being propped up by a few key detectives who are about to retire.

https://giphy.com/gifs/g2e22SIHPcQw0/html5

Date: July 26, 2020 03:28AM

justice4judy Wrote:
> I spoke to a Detective in the Spotsylvania
> Sheriff's Office when I first saw this, and qas
> told that it was not a DNA match. I then reached
> out to Fairfax Cold Case detectives. I myself,
> cannot believe it is not her, and if anyone knows
> what Fairfax Station was like bake in those days,
> it qas extremely rural. Rt 123 was a clear shot to
> 95, then head south to Stafford, which was nothing
> but woods... I think there is a cover up going on
> here... Sheldon is very wealthy.

you don’t make any sense.
Why didn’t you contact:
http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/medical-examiner/looking-for-a-missing-person/

Anyone with information about the possible identity of any of these cases is asked to call the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner at (804) 786-3174 or email at OCME_CENT@vdh.virginia.gov.
or
National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs). NamUs is a web-based computer search engine funded by the National Institute of Justice for matching missing and unidentified persons that can be accessed by individuals searching for their missing loved one.

www.NamUs.gov

C1998-29162, NamUs #6150: Stafford County

Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.