HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Missing person from 1980
Posted by: For my book ()
Date: May 13, 2014 05:31PM

Anyone know any information on the missing woman (Hofferman) I think is how you spell the name from 1980. In fairfax County

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Missing person from 1980
Posted by: longtimer ()
Date: May 13, 2014 06:55PM

I was in the area back in 1980 but that name isn't ringing a bell at all. Do you have any more details regarding the circumstances of her disappearance? Who was she, how old was she?

Posted by: For my book ()
Date: May 13, 2014 08:17PM

Sorry I wish I knew.

Posted by: Ted Bundy ()
Date: May 13, 2014 10:48PM

If OP can't remember where he's hid all the bodies, why is he writing a book about his serial killings? What, you want us to write the book for you?

Posted by: We all know ()
Date: May 13, 2014 10:57PM

Not killers you dummy.. A book on missing persons. Maybe Chuck knows

Posted by: ChuckTrumpHoffman RE Millionare ()
Date: May 13, 2014 10:59PM

Oh yes Hoffermen, she went missing back in 1982.

I found her recently..

n_40610_4.jpg

Posted by: TyJdx ()
Date: May 14, 2014 07:32PM

it's just funny all day

hey this guy "bowman" does not look like he's from the english family that made the first longbow in the britian that ended the advantage of suits of armour

i still don't believe that one. one was a banker right? some gang thing around that time targeted a banker in fairfax. that's not small stuff that's a foreign county infiltrating, i'd guess

Posted by: hh3HJ ()
Date: May 14, 2014 07:33PM

Attachments:
img.jpg
img2.jpg

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: May 14, 2014 08:34PM

This one is still missing
Attachments:
hofferman.jpg

Posted by: Not for my book ()
Date: May 17, 2014 01:49PM

Maybe this is about the missing wife of Sheldon Hofferman of Clifton. Story goes she is missing

Posted by: Sherlock ()
Date: May 18, 2014 03:38PM

A Jew ? Did he profit from her "missing"?

Posted by: fds ()
Date: May 18, 2014 03:41PM

There may be some information on the case here.

Posted by: Not for my book ()
Date: May 18, 2014 10:01PM

Is there a link to the case?

Posted by: Still looking ()
Date: May 24, 2014 10:10PM

Anyone know anything?

Posted by: XTn6j ()
Date: May 25, 2014 02:43PM

there are 50 patents on any product sold with blinking LED ligths. that's rigth, 50, just for the simplest stupid LED blink.

i think KIT there did not pay the patent fees

(if you make a product, you'll be sued and stopped, if they do they ignore patents)

Posted by: Your posts are intriguing me ()
Date: May 25, 2014 02:58PM

XTn6j Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> there are 50 patents on any product sold with
> blinking LED ligths. that's rigth, 50, just for
> the simplest stupid LED blink.
>
> i think KIT there did not pay the patent fees
>
> (if you make a product, you'll be sued and
> stopped, if they do they ignore patents)

Your posts are always a little weird and usually incomprehensible, but intriguing none the less. Do you talk the same way or is this just your writing style?

Posted by: Anonimus ()
Date: March 24, 2015 02:03PM

I did some due diligence on the guy some years ago. I found an accusatory and very detailed posting/plea on a website called Democratic Underground by a friend of the woman. Her name was Judith and they were originally from Philly. I think she was from a wealthy family.

Posted by: Not fo my book ()
Date: March 24, 2015 02:34PM

Did the police give up ? Any other links to this case? Who was the main suspect?

Posted by: Anonimus ()
Date: March 24, 2015 03:54PM

It seems to be a huge mystery. The story is that she just disappeared one day, abandoning young children. The aforementioned post accused the husband and criticized the police for not investigating. Also alleged a financial motive.

Unfortunately I think the post disappeared from the archives of Democratic Undeground when they redid the site. When I first found it, it was cached by google in the late 2000s. I think it was from the mid-2000s. You might be able to dig around under archive.org.

Posted by: New Information ()
Date: March 24, 2015 04:00PM

I researched this case and found out that she was a part-time construction worker.
Need I say more?

Posted by: Vienna Inn ()
Date: March 24, 2015 05:38PM

New Information Wrote:
> I researched this case and found out that she was
> a part-time construction worker.
> Need I say more?

She was building one of the first mattress stores in Vienna. After the job was finished was when she went missing.

Posted by: justice4judy ()
Date: July 28, 2015 09:44AM

I am the family friend of Judy that has been searching for her... She was a friend of my mothers. 2 weekshows after she went missing her husband called her friends and told them he was getting rid of all of her animals (Cats and birds) Her car was found at Dulles airport, and he claims she left to follow her dream of chasing parrots in the amazon. He lawyered up, never fully cooperating with the police. he never searched for his wife.

Date: July 28, 2015 10:05AM

her name is Judy Hofferman, Sheldon was her husband, She was about to leave him. They had 2 small children at the time of her disappearance, a boy and a girl. she also had a dog, a goat several cats and birds. She had been having an affair with a local veterinarian. This was a woman that loved animals, and her children.

Date: July 28, 2015 10:11AM

She was NOT a construction worker... she was an only child and her parents had passed away and left her a sizable inheritance, which she used to put sheldon through Law School and build her dream home in Fairfax Station.

Posted by: Father Mulroney ()
Date: July 28, 2015 03:31PM

If you haven't heard from her, it's pretty certain she's dead. Pray for her, so that she may leave purgatory and join the angels in heaven. I'd say about 153 Hail Mary's and 283 Our Father's ought to about do it. If we can get enough people asking for intercession by some of the celebrity Saints, perhaps we can get her out in a couple of days.

Posted by: Minnie winnie ()
Date: July 28, 2015 09:36PM

It seems she should have been found by now. Did her house by chance get a new pool after she went missing. Did the husband move in another woman? If you are her friends demand the police open the case again. If her car was at the airport wouldn't there be some kind of video. This just doesn't add up.

Posted by: kelly Javid ()
Date: July 29, 2015 10:02AM

I am Judy's daughter. How can I get in contact with you privately. II would like to talk to you.

Date: July 29, 2015 10:41AM

The police are your best source. I'm sure they will try to answer all your questions. They would know the facts from the gossip. It's human nature to gossip. Good or bad

Posted by: teddy ()
Date: July 29, 2015 06:55PM

Dear justice4judy. Please can u add some sort of contact information. I am serious. I have information on this case and would like to speak with you. Thank you

Date: July 29, 2015 10:49PM

Hi Kelly! I hope all is well with you and your family!You are always, as is your mom in my prayers.
My email is justice4judy@yahoo.com and can be contacted there, if you leave a number, I will call.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: July 30, 2015 12:14AM

I didn’t see her name on any of the missing person lists local or national. I wonder why? I was unsuccessful in just a google search in getting any results with her name - first, last and any variation. Odd. Never that unsuccessful in any search before.

Date: July 30, 2015 12:41AM

I'm very sorry for her children. Keep up the fight to find this poor woman.
Justice for Judy. Do a fund raiser for her.

Date: July 30, 2015 10:01AM

I started the search for Judy in 2004. I was working on a marketing campaign for Intel, and started searching for information about her and was shocked to find absolutely nothing. I found tons of stuff about her husband. I found it odd that it wasn't even listed in any of the missing persons databases... it was almost as if she did not exist. I reached to to the Fairfax County Cold Cases Unit and started "Shaking the tree". Even stuff I posted disappeared from the internet.

Posted by: Vince Foster ()
Date: July 30, 2015 10:35AM

Did Judy have dirt on the Clintons, by any chance?

Posted by: Minnie Winnie ()
Date: July 30, 2015 02:01PM

Dear justice for Judy
Is it possible for you to contact the newspaper to try to get some coverage on this poor missing woman? The media would be a choice that might help. It is really strange that when you google her nothing shows up. Someone had some pull.

Date: July 30, 2015 03:14PM

Out of respect for the children of Judy, and knowing that when you go public, sometimes the nut jobs come out of the woodwork, you will get crazy people that will falsly confess, and make it more difficult for the prosecution, I decided to hold off on any PR Campaign.

I will pull out all stops if Judy's daughter asks me to. I believe Judy deserves justice, but I don't want anymore pain for her children...

Posted by: Minnie winne ()
Date: July 30, 2015 04:08PM

I do agree with you about the nut jobs. Still to find out a truth that has been covered up its worth it. If it was my parent I would want to know. Not knowing I think is harder. The poor woman who it seemed loved her children and animals should be found. I just find it so crazy she isn't on any web searches. Can someone pay to wipe that information clean? If so that might be the place to start.

Date: August 01, 2015 05:12PM

Teddy,
What information do you have, please email me at justice4judy@yahoo.com

thank you!

Date: August 04, 2015 04:42PM

Did the police ever have a suspect ?

Date: August 04, 2015 07:35PM

yes. Her husband did not cooperate with the police, he "Lawyered up" I am beginning to suspect he's monitoring this site... Teddy has not responded. If you send me an email, I will fill you in with everything I know Minnie.

Date: August 05, 2015 09:21AM

See if the local paper will run an Article on her. I just hate to think her children will never know the truth unless someone comes forward. Maybe you could do a website? I just can't understand how her informatin was lost.

Posted by: PJTuV ()
Date: August 05, 2015 09:57AM

By "lost" do you mean unable to produce results from any google search on her, the crime or anyone with that last name anywhere, or do you mean law enforcement lost something?

Posted by: dick tracy ()
Date: August 05, 2015 09:59AM

Does her husband still live in the area?

Posted by: Watson ()
Date: August 05, 2015 10:22AM

From what I gather, he does. In Clifton. In ths same house he shared with her before she disappeared. The two children, young at the time, are recent HS graduates (in past 1-3 years, maybe). I really don't know. I got that from this thread alone.

But if there is a pool at the home which was being installed at the time of her disappearance, I think it should be dug up.

Posted by: minnie winnie ()
Date: August 05, 2015 10:59AM

On google I can't find anything. Only what is posted here. Media needs to get on board

Date: August 06, 2015 12:46AM

In 1980 Judith (Judy) Hofferman went missing. It was a cold and snowy night... Her car was later found at Dulles Airport. There has been no trace of her since. All checks on her Social Security Number and Credit Cards have shown absolutely no activity.

There has been no mention in the media, no search efforts for this young mother of two small children... A boy (Approx age 7) and toddler girl (Approx age 5).
Judy was married at the time to a Fairfax Attorney whom she met in High School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
. Judy's parents had passed away in a car accident, leaving a sizable inheritance to Judy, their sole heir. From all accounts, Judy used her inheritance to put her husband through Law School, and to build her dream home in the desirable Washington DC suburb of Fairfax Station. The over 4000 square foot home situated on several quiet, wooded acres was the last place anyone has seen Judy alive. Judy loved animals, and raised parrots, pedigreed cats, had a German Shepard, and even had a goat, she was all to happy to share the fresh milk with you if you were so inclined.
Judy not only raised Cats and Birds, but if she sold an animal to you, she also continued to offer her expert advice and support.
I have always searched online for Judy, and have found it very odd, that after 25 years when I first realized that there was absolutely no trace of any search efforts for this woman, even on missing persons websites such as "Namus" or the DOE Network... Not even a mention on Fairfax VA Police website... And then to make things even odder, everything I posted online was wiped away.
I started posting, contacting the Cold Case Detective and doing all the research I could... I felt so sorry for Judy, and her children... Two young, innocent children that had the love of their mother... a sweet loving woman. Their lives were forever fractured by a completely self absorbed, selfish egotistical monster... They were told their mother simply left them in the middle of the night, to pursuit a life of chasing parrots in the Amazon... Yet there was no sign of any flights booked in any Airport... Those that new Judy, new she wouldn't, that she couldn't have left her two beautiful children, or her beloved animals.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post! if you have any information on this case please contact the Fairfax County VA Cold Case unit. and share on this site.

Posted by: Minnie Winnie ()
Date: August 06, 2015 11:58AM

Can't her children demand the police reopen it. Send your article to the Patch newspaper or the Post. As her friend please don't give up. Demand to know why the information on her is missing. Make a demand Justice for Judy flyer. Put it in the local stores. We have to care about each other.

Date: August 08, 2015 10:36AM

Anyone else know anything about Judy Hofferman?

Posted by: Curiousabout Judy ()
Date: August 08, 2015 10:59AM

Well from the little that has been posted, she was on only child (sole heir) parents are dead, no siblings, and children too young to file a missing persons report. Husband obviously wouldn't file it, so who was left? Unless a friend filed at the time there wouldn't be any case. Do you know if Fairfax police even had a case?

There apparently was very little coverage, if any. Her name doesn't come up in the paid archives at WaPo, hard to tell if this story ever saw the light of day. Does the OP know if there was ever any newspaper coverage?

Date: August 08, 2015 11:47AM

I keeping posting that someone close to her get the local paper to do a story.
It might bring out some information. There is something very wrong going on.

Date: August 08, 2015 12:21PM

Minnie

Seems like the only route open and I think an excellent idea. The article would need more information than what is posted here. Perhaps if justice4judy knew of or could contact a larger base of former friends to present a more complete picture, the story could generate some leads.

I am puzzled because I don't think her husband would be able to have WaPo delete a story, doubt it ever hit the papers. I have done lots of research over the years and there is always a scrap of something left on the web. This story was before the internet existed for most of us, but still WaPo archives should have had something if there was a story in 1980.

Date: August 08, 2015 03:29PM

It will have to go over to a reporter who will check into it. Maybe her friend will check into it.

Date: August 08, 2015 11:05PM

Minnie Winnie Wrote:
> Can't her children demand the police reopen it.
> Send your article to the Patch newspaper or the
> Post. As her friend please don't give up. Demand
> to know why the information on her is missing.
> Make a demand Justice for Judy flyer. Put it in
> the local stores. We have to care about each
> other.

If she disappeared in 1980 - and I’m just taking OP’s word on that and everything else about the matter because there is nothing online about any of it. - why are you so butthurt now?! It’s been 35 years for crying out loud! Where have you been?

I’m calling OP out and I’m a sucker.

Good one!

Date: August 09, 2015 10:34AM

If you doubt this woman is missing. Call the cold case unit at the Fairfax County police dept. I'm sure they will tell you it's true.

Date: August 09, 2015 12:27PM

Causeican...

Agree, we only know what was posted but the story rings true. There was a Judith Hofferman living at one time in Clifton.

The only thing that comes up that I could find is apparently some residual estate issue that is unresolved.

Not sure why FFX County or VSP have no listing BUT from previous research (when Hanna Graham went missing) so many of the list for the State of Virginia don't match. They may be on the county list but not the state....some aren't on any list but on a site where you can add a name. I would think it goes back to the question...who, if anybody, ever filed a report.

Date: August 09, 2015 01:00PM

Since she is in the cold case file. A report would have to have been filed. This is a very strange case.

Date: August 09, 2015 01:58PM

She's definitely missing.... There's only so much I can do, I was only 10 years old when she went missing. Just the fact that her husband lawyered up, and has never attempted to search for her speaks volumes. My Father and brother were both in law enforcement and anyone familiar with missing persons cases will tell you, the first place to start looking is with the family... No one else wanted her to disappear... Judy was such a warm, friendly person... very down to earth, and not stuck up or pretentious. Take a few minutes to look up her husband.
He is a member of MENSA, is a "Humanistic Jew" He wants to embrace his Jewish heritage, but denies the existence of God- Typically with someone that has such an arrogant ego as he does, this is a defense mechanism... If he doesn't believe, it's easier to accept no consequences for your actions... no reason to have a guilty conscious... He never moved from the home his wife built, became a successful attorney, chairman of a company that facilitated phone calls for prisoners... Owns an antique Bentley..
Host bridge parties for MENSA in his home... and even though his wife was newly missing, instead of pleading with a Washington Post reporter to help spread the word about his missing wife, the mother of his two small children, he complains about having to drive his kids to McDonald's to wash their hands during a power outage... Draw your own conclusions... I've made up my mind! If she were alive, you couldn't keep her from her kids! Emory wake up! Your Daddy isn't what you think he is...

Date: August 09, 2015 03:23PM

Well said. Very well said

Date: August 09, 2015 10:09PM

Wow, I didn't realize you were only 10 at the time. I can see why it made such an impact. We had a crime scene in our neighborhood when I was 5 and the details are still vivid. (Nice suburban neighborhood back then) Oddly I can't tell you much else about my life at 5. Those type things just stick. And although over the years there were very few leads, it was finally resolved about 8 years ago. The incident happened in the late fifties.

I have found lots about the husband on the internet, have to say, not impressed. Curious...what did your dad think, share if you are comfortable.

Posted by: anonymous256 ()
Date: August 10, 2015 05:38PM

I prey that one day this asshole gets what he deserves.

Posted by: Watson ()
Date: August 10, 2015 06:42PM

Someone has come out of the woodwork. What do you know anonymous256. Anything at all may help.

Date: August 10, 2015 07:06PM

Let's just hope the media gets this. That might get the police to look at this case again. Judy needs justice.

Date: August 10, 2015 08:44PM

Wow, I really appreciate all of the interest! Nobody deserves to be simply wiped away like Judy was...

Everyone in my family believed her husband was involved... Judy was supposedly having an affair with a prominent local Veterinarian (Who is still in business in Fairfax today.) I can't say there was a single person at the time that was not happy for her... Judy's husband was extremely narcissistic and as self cententered as they come. He liked to prove to you that he was smarter than anyone you had ever met.
My mom believed that a business partner or associate of his helped either kill or dispose of Judy. Unfortunately I remember only two friends of Judy's besides my Mother. I distinctly remember my Mother and I rushing to Judy's house about two weeks after she disappeared to pick up cats because her husband said if we didnt , he was taking them to the animal shelter. I remember sitting in thier kitchen with her son and daughter and some strange woman, and her husband laughing and encouraging her son to laugh saying he hoped (The husband) that she never return.

With Judy being the one with the money, many suspected Judy was planning on leaving her husband, and with no money, that was not acceptable to him. Please spread the word as best you can!

Date: August 10, 2015 09:35PM

Had this happened today, there would be a relentless media/social media campaign. I'd like to see if we can create that today! It just doesn't make any sense that Judy was simple "Erased". Neither her, or her children should have had her taken from this world... When we are kids, we expect are parents to live forever. We need our Mothers love. There are some things in life that seem so sacred, that nothing should be able to disrupt it... Remember as a child being sivk, and your mother taking your temperature, feeling your forehead, comfring you as you threw up, and telling you everything was going to be alright.... A Mothers love!
Judy's children were robbed of her love. Judy was never allowed to watch her children grow up. All the things both Parties missed out on... So Sad!

Date: August 10, 2015 10:33PM

Anyone know if he moved a new woman in after his wife went missing? If so how soon?

Date: August 10, 2015 10:44PM

yes... I sent her an email asking her if she knew anything, and how she cold even step in the house, much less sleep in the bedroom Judy occupied. I also asked her how she could sleep at night knowing that he may have a hand in it... She never wrote back. if you look him up, you will see a female name that keeps popping up. He also has brothers in PA, and I believe a sister in Florida.

Date: August 10, 2015 10:47PM

Oh my goodness. I have faith the police will look into this again. I hope so.
I want to say you are a very brave woman.

Date: August 10, 2015 11:04PM

They are looking into it again I'm sure. and thanks, but I'm a guy! Lol!
Married with 2 boys of my own..
I just lost my daughter and Mom in a house fire, and suffered 3rd degree burns... life is a never ending mystery, you never know what's around the next corner! We wereally truly blessed to be able to know my beautiful daughter, and incredible mother! Makes it all that more personal for me that someone has the audacity to think thier needs are greater than their childrens, and he has the right to erase someone from this world.

Posted by: Minnie winnir ()
Date: August 10, 2015 11:16PM

I'm sorry for your loss. To lose your child an mom.
You sound like a good guy. We need more like you.
To care as you do. To try to find the truth on this poor missing woman speaks that you believe as I do. Those that haven't any voice need to be heard.

Date: August 11, 2015 09:42AM

Thanks Winnie! funny thing, Judy sold us an orange winged parrot named she had named Winnie... It was for my brother for Christmas... When we first got her she chewed everything and would bite so hard we would bleed. Judy worked with my brother for years taming and training Winnie until she became the sweetest bird. About a year after Judy went missing, we sold Winnie, I think my Mom just couldn't have the reminder around, knowing she couldn't do anything.

Date: August 11, 2015 11:10AM

"Had this happened today, there would be a relentless media/social media campaign. I'd like to see if we can create that today!"

That's hard to do with so little factual information and a cold case to boot. Remember the name of the man who flew the gyrocopter over the capitol recently, the name of the man who crashed the White House dinner, or the name of the young lady from TV who ripped on the parking attendant? I don't. Even the big news stories of the day, fade fast.

Postings on Fairfax Underground are not going to generate much help, I 'm sure you know that. On the other hand, I do believe FFX police monitor the site on occasion, so they have seen this thread.

One thing I can think of, you can pull her high school on line. I'm sure you have found that site. I'd start there, see if you can find some old friends….most would be retired now and have the time (and probably money) to do some research or generate interest and discussion.

Date: August 11, 2015 11:57AM

Very good advice. I still think at a local level we might get some help for her.
her children should push too.

Date: August 11, 2015 02:08PM

I understand what you are saying, but if I continue to beat the drum, maybe someone will hear it and at least attempt to search.... I've been doing this since 2004.
Fairfax County Cold Cases Det. Farrell is reviewing the case. It is an extremely difficult case as there is so little information. I also have a criminal investigative reporter from the Huffington Post looking I to it... He is the best in his field if you ask me! David Lohr, hopefully he can find out more, and put it out there.

Date: August 11, 2015 05:43PM

Thank you for trying your best. Let's just hope the police can get this moving.
I do have faith in them.

Date: August 11, 2015 07:38PM

Date: August 11, 2015 08:44PM

Really weird. Since she reahhy is a cold case. Tax reasons maybe?

Date: August 11, 2015 09:13PM

very odd... He must have used her for tax purposes... He owned several properties which he had to pursuit legal action with the tenants. She may have owned the properties before she disappeared with him?

Date: August 11, 2015 10:34PM

I don't see why the police haven't question this? I'm hype they do

Date: August 11, 2015 10:36PM

Sorry I meant to say I hope they do. I've had a Long day. Did he ever remarry?

Date: August 11, 2015 11:16PM

Not that I have seen... He never declared her deceased. he had a girlfriend.

Date: August 11, 2015 11:41PM

Not so sure you are right about not declaring her dead, looks like the house in Clifton is listed only in his name as of 1993. Not sure of how that is done, it must have been in both their names originally. You can't just take property and declare it as solely yours. Either she was around and gave it up or he took other steps.

Date: August 12, 2015 11:44AM

100 percent she is a cold case. Fairfax county police can tell you that.
Someone went to a lot of trouble to cover this up.

Posted by: anonymous256 ()
Date: August 13, 2015 03:10PM

I know this case very well. I've read the cold case file. It's all true. Police have no more to go on. If allowed to I will continue to pursue. She is gone with no trace whatsoever. The truth will come to light one day. Eat a dick Sheldon Hofferman.

Date: August 13, 2015 04:12PM

Please pursue this matter on this poor missing woman. I like most on here share your thoughts

Date: August 13, 2015 06:30PM

Anyone able to post her picture?

Date: August 13, 2015 07:54PM

Anonymous, I'd love to talk to you... obviously I'd keep everything strictly between us, as this guy thinks he can, and has up until now gotten away with murder. if you email me at justice4judy@yahoo.com I'll send you my number. Minnie, I have 1 photo of Judy, and I have attached it.
Attachments:
tn.jpg

Date: August 13, 2015 08:39PM

Thank you for posting the picture. You are a true hero

Date: August 13, 2015 11:51PM

Thanks Winnie, just hope we can get him, and find Judy! Nobody has the right to take someone's life... Take a child's mother away, and lie to the children thier entire life

Date: August 14, 2015 12:12AM

My hope is the truth comes out

Date: August 15, 2015 12:10AM

Attachments:
judith hofferman white pages.jpg

Date: August 15, 2015 11:30AM

Not sure what to make of this.

Date: August 15, 2015 11:47AM

I don't know Causeican, on one hand it looks like Judy is alive and well. BUT on the other hand your postings are just all phone listings, which appear because she was married to Sheldon and it links relatives.

I have relatives long dead who still come up in those types of searches. Long dead, like over 20 years.

I do wonder if she left him why not leave his name behind....

Unless I see a story from a legitimate source, I'm checking out of this thread. Good luck to all, if true I hope it gets resolved.

Date: August 15, 2015 12:44PM

The story of Judy is sad and true. People in the town have know for years.
Justice doesn't always happen as it should.

Date: August 15, 2015 03:17PM

Yes, this is definitely true. I knew Judy... She was a very sweet, kind person. She had a very outgoing personality, engaging, and wanted you to feel comfortable... The type of person that you felt you knew her entire life after the first time you met her. I'll never forget her trying to get me to taste her pet goats milk! She did not deserve to be taken away from her kids and pets! And I can't understand why no one has attempted to search for her for the past 35 years. And how her husband would have her taken off the deed of thier home in Clifton, if he hasn't declared her deceased... But I intend to find out why no one has looked for her.

Date: August 15, 2015 05:27PM

Sorry to ask you this question again. Sorry....... Would you be willing to call one of the reporters with one of our news stations?

Date: August 15, 2015 08:00PM

I can and will once I speak to the Cold Case Detective more. I personally know many many DC reporters, and talked to David Lohr with the Huffington Post to look into this case.

Andy

Date: August 16, 2015 01:03AM

Justice4Judy, I think “Teddy” doesn’t know he can private email you (if you registered “justice4judy”) If you look back at his post, he asks you to post your contact information and later you ask him to provide his email but nothing was said about him (or her) sending you his email address within a private email on this website. Do you see how there could be some confusion?

Date: August 16, 2015 09:37AM

I do... no one that I've asked to send a private email to my email which is justice4judy@yahoo.com has sent an email except for 1 person... very strange to me.

Date: August 16, 2015 09:40AM

Ok…I'm back. Judith has indeed been declared dead, at least since 1999. This is the Maryland land deed transfer on one of the addresses causeican posted above.

20-2278109 TaxAccount No.1ParcelIdentifier
Made this 25th day of June, 1999, by and between EMORY J. HOFFERMAN, PERSONAl. REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE ESTATE OF JUDITH C. HOFFERMAN, party of the first part, and ..

Property Known As:
390792nd Avenue Springdale, UD 207?4
PROPERTYTAX 1.0. No.: 2()"2278109 which has an address of 3907 92NDAVE,SPRINGDALEMD20774.

Date: August 16, 2015 11:17AM

Even more curious, there is a document from January 2nd 1993, where Sheldon conveys the property (92nd Ave, Springdale) to Judy. Sheldon's signature is notarized. Judy's is there but it is not a notarized signature, and her address is shown as the Clifton address.

May of 1993 is when the Clifton property is transferred to Sheldon's name only. I don't know if both their names were on the original deed, but that seems logical.

So according to state recorded land records, Judy was alive in January 1993 and dead by June of 1999. That's quite a few years after 1980. It's all public records BTW.

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.