HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Social Security Change
Posted by: HUH ()
Date: February 20, 2008 04:02AM

Someone I know from work is undergoing social security number change due to heavy identity theft. Not only is she getting a new number but she is also getting a name change. This got me thinking , so if she is creating a whole new identity wouldn't you be able to go out and get a new driver's license(with clean record) and start a fresh credit history. Ofcourse that is if she didnt mention her old social security to creditors and dmv or if by doing so she would be commiting illegal act or that the whole point of ss number change?. Would she be starting from the beginning with clean record? The way I see it you can just go to the dmv and apply for a license (after taking all the bs tests) and get a fresh license and the same for credit report, go out and get new credit cards??? Am I right or am I missing something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Social Security Change
Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: February 20, 2008 05:30AM

There is a block on the application where a person is asked if they have had a Virginia Driver's license before. In fact, you have to list all the licenses you have held in other states. Omitting the previous Virginia license under a different name would be fraud, and punishable as a Class 2 misdemeanor.

§ 46.2-348. Fraud or false statements in applications for license; penalties.

Any person who uses a false or fictitious name or gives a false or fictitious address in any application for a driver's license, or any renewal or duplicate thereof, or knowingly makes a false statement or conceals a material fact or otherwise commits a fraud in his application shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, where the license is used, or the fact concealed, or fraud is done, with the intent to purchase a firearm or use as proof of residency under § 9.1-903, a violation of this section shall be punishable as a Class 4 felony.

§ 46.2-317. Persons making false statement in application.

The Department shall not issue, for a period of one year, a driver's license or learner's permit when the records of the Department clearly show to the satisfaction of the Commissioner that the person has made a willful material false statement on any application for a driver's license.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 20, 2008 12:51PM

HUH,
   i can help you with your questions much faster if you post your name and SSN. sounds like your dumb bitch coworker fell for that type shit. never, and i mean NEVER give out your SSN on the phone to someone who called you.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: huh ()
Date: February 20, 2008 02:28PM

Ok so the new drivers license is out of the question. How about starting out with a new credit report???

I believe she didn't give out her ss number. She lost her purse and it got in the wrong hands. The person has started a merchant account under her name and used STOLEN credit card numbers to max out the stolen credit cards through the merchant account. The thief has also openeed a checking account under her name and connected the merchant account deposits into the checking account. Charged over $200000 , withdrew the money and left. Now she has people and police calling her day and night threatening her and making false accusations. I think she is in her 60's(if I had to guess). I hope she recovers but it sounds like its going to take a while

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 24, 2008 09:50PM

There is a scam where you told to apply for a federal tax id number ususally for business's and personal corporations and the like. This number is also 9 digits long and is used "in place of" the ssn.

Don't fall for this scam.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: February 25, 2008 03:10PM

FYI - Interesting:

Should you get a new Social Security number?
If you have done all you can to fix the problems resulting from misuse of your Social Security number and someone still is using your number, we may assign you a new number.

You cannot get a new Social Security number:

To avoid the consequences of filing for bankruptcy;
If you intend to avoid the law or your legal responsibility; or
If your Social Security card is lost or stolen, but there is no evidence that someone is using your number.
If you decide to apply for a new number, you will need to prove your age, U.S. citizenship or lawful immigration status and identity. For more information, ask for Your Social Security Number And Card (Publication Number 05-10002).

You also will need to provide evidence that you still are being disadvantaged by the misuse.

Keep in mind that a new number probably will not solve all your problems. This is because other governmental agencies (such as the Internal Revenue Service and state motor vehicle agencies) and private businesses (such as banks and credit reporting companies) likely will have records under your old number. Also, because credit reporting companies use the number, along with other personal information, to identify your credit record, using a new number will not guarantee you a fresh start. This is especially true if your other personal information, such as your name and address, remains the same.

If you receive a new Social Security number, you will not be able use the old number anymore.

For some victims of identity theft, a new number actually creates new problems. If the old credit information is not associated with the new number, the absence of any credit history under the new number may make it more difficult for you to get credit.

East of Philly
Posted by: whiskeyTangoFoxtrotOneNiner ()
Date: June 13, 2018 01:31AM

credit issues? ^

At easterns yo job be yo credit

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.