HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
CAR HIT BICYCLE ROLLING ROAD AND DAVENTRY
Posted by: OUCH ()
Date: May 03, 2014 11:33PM

Saw that a person on a bike was hit by a car on Rolling Road and Daventry in Springfield. Anyone hear anything about it and/or if the guy is ok? I was about to turn around to help, but lots of cops were racing to the scene. Hoping all is ok.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CAR HIT BICYCLE ROLLING ROAD AND DAVENTRY
Posted by: toe jam driver ()
Date: May 04, 2014 06:48AM

Really sick and tired of these goddamn cyclist's on the road. I roll down my window and scream "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!" then I blow the horn and flip them off as I go by. I hope they all get hit by dump trucks.

Posted by: DMV God ()
Date: May 04, 2014 08:14AM

Was it Jason Berry? Please baby jesus let it be Jason!

Posted by: Berdhuis ()
Date: May 04, 2014 10:43AM

toe jam driver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really sick and tired of these goddamn cyclist's
> on the road. I roll down my window and scream
> "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!" then I blow the horn and flip
> them off as I go by. I hope they all get hit by
> dump trucks.

Aren't you slick...although I'm convinced you would't last 2 seconds against a cyclist if you got out of your car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2014 10:47AM by Berdhuis.
Attachments:
cyclist.jpg

Posted by: Automobile owner ()
Date: May 04, 2014 11:40AM

OUCH Wrote:
> Saw that a person on a bike was hit by a car on
> Rolling Road and Daventry in Springfield. Anyone
> hear anything about it and/or if the guy is ok? I
> was about to turn around to help, but lots of cops
> were racing to the scene. Hoping all is ok.

Why is it not illegal for these bicycle bitches to ride on our roads? These idiots put themselves and others in danger for no good reason. They need to be restricted to bike paths.

Posted by: bicyclistinfairfax ()
Date: May 04, 2014 12:25PM

Don't complain about bicyclists on the roads. I only have a bicycle to go where I need to go. There are lots of trails in Fairfax County, but some are not maintained. The road is safer and maintained. Trails are usually shared with people, meaning trails are just oversized sidewalks. People don't move out of your way and dogs are in your way. The area around Daventry on Rolling Road is where a few trails meet and you have to cross the roads. Rolling road between the Fairfax County Parkway and old keene Mill Rd. Doesn't have a trail, only sidewalk.

Posted by: 6tjPY ()
Date: May 04, 2014 02:26PM

Cycling is like smoking: you may not die on your first day but it'll get you killed eventually and no one will feel sorry for you when it does.

Posted by: OUCH ()
Date: May 04, 2014 02:28PM

bicyclistinfairfax is right. The guy was on the path, but was in the process (it looked like) he was crossing the road to get back on the path. It was just getting dark enough whereas I could understand the driver may not have seen him/her. My sons doctor was killed riding his bike...killed by a teen driver who was texting. He was out in the wide open country (not in this area), in the bike lane wearing all the proper reflective gear. I would also like to note this doctors son was killed by a drunk driver a few years earlier. I am saying this because the self righteous idiot who honks their horn and hopes they all get killed by dump trunks is probably just a dick who likes posting controversial stuff, but can you only imagine being the wife/widow of this family? I hope the bicyclist is ok, and not seriously injured.

Posted by: 6tjPY ()
Date: May 04, 2014 02:32PM

I would like to say I am a idiot for saying no one cares when you die. I think a lot of people who loved the cyclist would care. I don't know why I said that, I am just a stupid idiot who writes stupid things. Did I say I was an idiot? I am an idiot.

Posted by: DNU9G ()
Date: May 04, 2014 02:51PM

6tjPY Wrote:
> I would like to say I am a idiot for saying no one
> cares when you die. I think a lot of people who
> loved the cyclist would care. I don't know why I
> said that, I am just a stupid idiot who writes
> stupid things. Did I say I was an idiot? I am an
> idiot.

Impersonating posters on FFXU is like cycling: people are laughing at you, not with you, and everyone will know you about your homosexual desires.

Posted by: DNU9G ()
Date: May 04, 2014 02:56PM

I am out of the closet already, that is why I can say that

Posted by: uyHTY ()
Date: May 04, 2014 03:33PM

DNU9G Wrote:
> I am out of the closet already, that is why I can
> say that

You're never fully out of the closet until you don your spandex and start cycling.

Posted by: Regular Biker ()
Date: May 04, 2014 03:47PM

Any other biker like the feel of saddle sore?

Posted by: not just bikes ()
Date: May 04, 2014 04:29PM

Its not just cycling that is dangerous anymore. Pedestrian crosswalks are becoming killing zones too. I entered marked crosswalks 4 times today in FFX - they ones with the really wide stripes and bright day-glo yellow signs. The ones you are required to stop for when in a car and pedestrians are attempting to cross.

About 1 in 4 cars stopped. I would enter the crosswalk and wait and it would take 3 cars zipping by before I would simply point to the sign and eventually a non-brain dead driver would stop for me.

Cyclists have every right to the road and pedestrians deserve to be able to cross safely. Impatient ignorant drivers are ruining the area for everyone. Eventually everyone needs to get out of their car. Does not being in a car mean you should be run over?

Posted by: Need info ()
Date: May 04, 2014 05:01PM

A lot of these cyclists need to be tickets.

They are all over the roads and rarely pay attention to road signs. They fly through stop signs, dart in and out of traffic and pass cars at stoplights.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.