HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Helicopters over Sully area (Braddock/Stone Rd)
Posted by: Helicopters Schmelicopters ()
Date: April 26, 2014 08:30PM

Fairfax One has been circling my neighborhood for the last fifteen minutes.

Turned on my radio scanner on my ipad, and they were talking about people walking around my neighborhood.

Any idea whats up?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Helicopters over Sully area (Braddock/Stone Rd)
Posted by: WWTTFF ()
Date: April 26, 2014 08:41PM

I just stepped out to the pipeline behind my house, which is right by sully, to check out what I thought was a storm coming, and I while saw the helicopter, I also the sky southwest flash for about 5 seconds. Maybe a transformer exploded? Could be totally unrelated....

Posted by: At my house ()
Date: April 27, 2014 02:01AM

They were actually at my house. Apparently a young woman had cut her wrists and threatened to do further harm to herself and they were tracking her cell which led them to my street from the pinging of her cell. Unfortunately the helicopter thought I was her when they saw me on my cell in my backyard. The helicopter hovered over my yard and had relayed my address to the ground police. A close friend who is an officer came and told me to stay inside because the helicopter thought I was the girl. That's when I looked outside and saw my street was full of police cars and officers walking back to they're cars after they were told that I wasn't who they were looking for. Ironically the same time I was on my cell out back wondering what was happening, this girls cell pinged on my street leaving the helicopter to think i was her. Within minutes of leaving my home, they were able to find the young woman just down the street. I was told that she is doing ok. Needless to say, I felt horrible that they had wasted time hovering over my home and filling my street up with police cars and officers, taking time away from locating her sooner. Next time I see a helicopter flying low over my neighborhood, I'm staying inside.

Posted by: DXmWb ()
Date: April 27, 2014 05:03AM

At my house Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They were actually at my house. Apparently a
> young woman had cut her wrists and threatened to
> do further harm to herself and they were tracking
> her cell which led them to my street from the
> pinging of her cell. Unfortunately the helicopter
> thought I was her when they saw me on my cell in
> my backyard. The helicopter hovered over my yard
> and had relayed my address to the ground police. A
> close friend who is an officer came and told me to
> stay inside because the helicopter thought I was
> the girl. That's when I looked outside and saw my
> street was full of police cars and officers
> walking back to they're cars after they were told
> that I wasn't who they were looking for.
> Ironically the same time I was on my cell out back
> wondering what was happening, this girls cell
> pinged on my street leaving the helicopter to
> think i was her. Within minutes of leaving my
> home, they were able to find the young woman just
> down the street. I was told that she is doing ok.
> Needless to say, I felt horrible that they had
> wasted time hovering over my home and filling my
> street up with police cars and officers, taking
> time away from locating her sooner. Next time I
> see a helicopter flying low over my neighborhood,
> I'm staying inside.

Thanks!

Date: April 27, 2014 07:07AM

No problem. It was certainly a lesson learned for me. I'm just glad the young girl was found and is doing okay

Posted by: Schmrlicopter ()
Date: April 27, 2014 08:22AM

Interesting. You must be the woman on Lock Drive they were talking about in the back yard!
I stay inside when helicopters are flying around because I imagine a psychopath is running around. Inside is where the guns are at...

Date: April 27, 2014 10:40AM

Yes, that would be me. I understand why the mix up happened, but my husband was also out back with me and before we knew who they were looking for, we assumed that since they were right above the trees in our back area that they must have found who they were looking for, not realizing the entire time I was the one being watched by them while the calvary was on they're way to my home. It was certainly an adventure turning the night into something I never expected. I certainly didn't think I looked suicidal, as we were enjoying the night with our pool being open and the tiki torches illuminating the water. I guess with her cell pinging on Lock and my being on my cell at the same time just threw everyone off.

Posted by: At your house tonight maybe? ()
Date: April 28, 2014 12:42AM

Are you hot? Would you like to fuck? I live a few houses down lol

Posted by: eagle64 ()
Date: April 28, 2014 03:13AM

Ignore that retard "At your house...". You did the right thing, God bless you. By the way I live in the area.

Date: April 28, 2014 04:02PM

Eagles64.... Thank you and I'd like to believe and hope that the other poster doesnt live in our neighborhood and certainly not on Lock, as everyone that we know here wouldn't speak to another neighbor/stranger in that manner. All that matters to us is that this young woman was found before she could further harm herself and that she will now get the help she deserves. When the helicopter hovered over our house, my phone never stopped ringing and texts were back to back as many of our neighbors were concerned, but there were others that put they're safety aside not knowing of possible danger who decided to walk over to our home to make sure that we were ok. So I'm very proud of the people who live on Lock and in our neighborhood. After finding out why they were here, In the end we all kept an eye out for this young woman and thankfully she was found.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.