HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS says I'm not allowed to use the laminator and I can only have 30 pieces of copy paper in my classroom at one time but, they want to give me a gun?
Posted by: Ms. Hornswoggled ()
Date: February 26, 2018 01:32PM

I'm trying to teach students, not shoot them...

Damnit, Johnny, you're going to pass the 3rd grade or I'm going to pull back the hem of my blazer and show you I'm carrying a gun...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS says I'm not allowed to use the laminator and I can only have 30 pieces of copy paper in my classroom at one time but, they want to give me a gun?
Posted by: Frank Fucker ()
Date: February 26, 2018 05:00PM

When they talk about arming teachers, they don't mean the snowflake retarded ones. You're safe.

Re: FCPS says I'm not allowed to use the laminator and I can only have 30 pieces of copy paper in my classroom at one time but, they want to give me a gun?
Posted by: gbc ()
Date: February 26, 2018 05:59PM

Anyone who belongs to the Soros funded SEIU should not have a gun or be allowed near one.

Posted by: Gun Range Guy ()
Date: February 26, 2018 11:59PM

Don't worry "teacher", they'll only arm the administrators.

BTW my high school chemistry teacher war a Marine who landed on Iwo Jima, and my math teacher was a paratrooper. Probably no one like that in FCPS these days.

Posted by: FCPS maintenance man ()
Date: February 27, 2018 05:04AM

I have worked with FCPS teachers over 10 years. With a few exceptions they have very little common sense overall. Some have zero common sense. I could not imagine trusting these educated idiots with a loaded gun around my kids.

Posted by: Light blue collar worker ()
Date: February 27, 2018 12:38PM

and most probably don't know how to change the tire on their own car.

Posted by: Ms. SlickLips ()
Date: February 27, 2018 03:27PM

FCPS maintenance man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have worked with FCPS teachers over 10 years.
> With a few exceptions they have very little common
> sense overall. Some have zero common sense. I
> could not imagine trusting these educated idiots
> with a loaded gun around my kids.

Yeah, but we sure can suck a dick, eh Lamont? If you're lucky, you might get a taste of my sweet gash.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: February 27, 2018 08:10PM

They want to fire you now, Stupid.

Posted by: Sidney Ohio Smart Schools ()
Date: March 01, 2018 08:02PM

SIDNEY, Ohio — The 8-by-11-inch box sits atop a bookshelf in the district headquarters, as much a part of the office furniture as the manila folders, yearbooks and Webster’s dictionaries. Inside is a semiautomatic Glock handgun with extra magazines, equipment that education leaders here say will prevent this district from suffering the next schoolhouse tragedy.
Dispersed throughout the seven school buildings in this rural Ohio district outside of Dayton are dozens of biometric safes, tucked away discreetly in closets and classrooms, only accessible to a designated staff member whose fingerprint can open the box. A bulletproof vest is nearby, in an undisclosed location, fortified to protect against any bullet except one fired from an assault rifle.

“We can’t stop an active shooter, but we can minimize the carnage,” said John Scheu, the superintendent of Sidney City Schools.

Like many districts, Sidney City Schools was shaken by the slaughter of 20 first graders and six staff members at Sandy Hook in 2012. In the following days, Sheriff Lenhart presented Mr. Scheu with an equation: Every 17 seconds after the first shots are fired and the first 911 call is made, somebody gets hurt or dies.
“Even in the best case scenario, we could get here in four to five minutes,” Sheriff Lenhart said. “You do the math.”
Within a year, Sheriff Lenhart had led what he calls a “layered” approach to school security and a “conservative” approach arming teachers in the 3,400-student school district.
The district spent about $70,000 on safes, bulletproof vests, cameras, guns, radios and ammunition. Uniformed, armed officers cost $200,000 a year, and an insurance policy of $100,000 a year includes coverage for its staff with access to firearms. Those are negligible costs for a school district with a $36 million budget, the superintendent said.
“We’re buying time, and it’s of the essence,” Mr. Scheu said.
Windows and doors are numbered in the district’s schools, and visitors have to be buzzed in. Each school has a panic button and security camera system that feeds to the sheriff’s office. Every school has a uniformed, armed guard, mostly retired sheriff’s deputies, every day from bell to bell. The high school has a specially trained officer and a bulletproof window between the secretary and visitors.
And if all else fails, there’s a secret group of 40 educators — teachers, principals, custodians, secretaries — called a “first responder team” that can retrieve firearms in under a minute.
The team was vetted by Mr. Scheu and Sheriff Lenhart, and completed a 16-hour training course that includes firearm safety. Its members are required to attend a concealed weapons course, that includes firearm safety, unarmed defensive tactics and basic gunshot first aid as well as additional monthly trainings at either the firing range where they practice marksmanship and in school-based simulations where they practice in the hallways, identifying threats and as well as additional monthly trainings at either the firing range where they practice marksmanship and in school-based simulations

Fairfax County Schools Liberally Stupid And Give a Child No Chance To Survive

Posted by: PrItChaRd2.o ()
Date: March 02, 2018 07:29AM

gbc Wrote:
> Anyone who belongs to the Soros funded SEIU should
> not have a gun or be allowed near one.

So you ARE for some forms gun control?

Posted by: Thug.Niggah ()
Date: March 02, 2018 09:41AM

Sidney Ohio Smart Schools Wrote:
> SIDNEY, Ohio — The 8-by-11-inch box sits atop a
> bookshelf in the district headquarters, as much a
> part of the office furniture as the manila
> folders, yearbooks and Webster’s dictionaries.
> Inside is a semiautomatic Glock handgun with extra
> magazines, equipment that education leaders here
> say will prevent this district from suffering the
> next schoolhouse tragedy.
> Dispersed throughout the seven school buildings in
> this rural Ohio district outside of Dayton are
> dozens of biometric safes, tucked away discreetly
> in closets and classrooms, only accessible to a
> designated staff member whose fingerprint can open
> the box. A bulletproof vest is nearby, in an
> undisclosed location, fortified to protect against
> any bullet except one fired from an assault
> rifle.
>
> “We can’t stop an active shooter, but we can
> minimize the carnage,” said John Scheu, the
> superintendent of Sidney City Schools.
> Sign Up for the Mo
>
> Like many districts, Sidney City Schools was
> shaken by the slaughter of 20 first graders and
> six staff members at Sandy Hook in 2012. In the
> following days, Sheriff Lenhart presented Mr.
> Scheu with an equation: Every 17 seconds after the
> first shots are fired and the first 911 call is
> made, somebody gets hurt or dies.
> “Even in the best case scenario, we could get
> here in four to five minutes,” Sheriff Lenhart
> said. “You do the math.”
> Within a year, Sheriff Lenhart had led what he
> calls a “layered” approach to school security
> and a “conservative” approach arming teachers
> in the 3,400-student school district.
> The district spent about $70,000 on safes,
> bulletproof vests, cameras, guns, radios and
> ammunition. Uniformed, armed officers cost
> $200,000 a year, and an insurance policy of
> $100,000 a year includes coverage for its staff
> with access to firearms. Those are negligible
> costs for a school district with a $36 million
> budget, the superintendent said.
> “We’re buying time, and it’s of the
> essence,” Mr. Scheu said.
> Windows and doors are numbered in the district’s
> schools, and visitors have to be buzzed in. Each
> school has a panic button and security camera
> system that feeds to the sheriff’s office. Every
> school has a uniformed, armed guard, mostly
> retired sheriff’s deputies, every day from bell
> to bell. The high school has a specially trained
> officer and a bulletproof window between the
> secretary and visitors.
> And if all else fails, there’s a secret group of
> 40 educators — teachers, principals, custodians,
> secretaries — called a “first responder
> team” that can retrieve firearms in under a
> minute.
> The team was vetted by Mr. Scheu and Sheriff
> Lenhart, and completed a 16-hour training course
> that includes firearm safety. Its members are
> required to attend a concealed weapons course,
> that includes firearm safety, unarmed defensive
> tactics and basic gunshot first aid as well as
> additional monthly trainings at either the firing
> range where they practice marksmanship and in
> school-based simulations where they practice in
> the hallways, identifying threats and as well as
> additional monthly trainings at either the firing
> range where they practice marksmanship and in
> school-based simulations
>
>
> Fairfax County Schools Liberally Stupid And Give a
> Child No Chance To Survive

Huzzah! They've got a pistol and now everyone knows about it!

A three man crew with AR's could run a frontal assault directly to that Glock, secure it and scare the fuck out of a school full of whites. If you want to stop the shootings, you need to equalize the firepower...

Posted by: Back in the day ()
Date: March 02, 2018 09:59AM

Gun Range Guy Wrote:
> Don't worry "teacher", they'll only arm the
> administrators.
>
> BTW my high school chemistry teacher war a Marine
> who landed on Iwo Jima, and my math teacher was a
> paratrooper. Probably no one like that in FCPS
> these days.

My math teacher at Marshall High was a retired Col. He used to duck out of class to grab a nip. One quarter he didn't give a single test.

Posted by: peep ()
Date: March 02, 2018 10:13AM

They don't need to arm teachers. That's a stupid concept. They need more than one SRO at each school. Also, police departments need to quit hiring cowards. This shooting could have been prevented if the police department wasn't too busy beating up homeless people, and actually had time to listen to the tip.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.