HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Update on Yates Pizza Palace on Duke Street (the old Generous George's location)
Posted by: Giuseppe.Verdi ()
Date: June 20, 2016 06:39PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Update on Yates Pizza Palace on Duke Street (the old Generous George's location)
Posted by: Mama Celeste ()
Date: June 21, 2016 04:41PM

3M to sell pizza? How much for a pizza? $49.95 plus tax and tip?

Re: Update on Yates Pizza Palace on Duke Street (the old Generous George's location)
Posted by: Well then ()
Date: June 21, 2016 04:55PM

The same guy that keeps a Vette, a Ford GT, and several other exotic cars parked in front of his house lol. While running a plethora of college aged hotties through there on the regular.I wanna be like him when I get old

Posted by: SuperVette ()
Date: June 21, 2016 08:11PM

Well then Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The same guy that keeps a Vette, a Ford GT, and
> several other exotic cars parked in front of his
> house lol. While running a plethora of college
> aged hotties through there on the regular.I wanna
> be like him when I get old

There was a Ford GT and some other nice cars parked in front of that Generous George location for a while shortly after it closed and when the Yates Pizza signs were placed in the windows. Yates seems to be diversifying. Didn't they start out with a service station?

Posted by: re ()
Date: June 22, 2016 07:31AM

$3M isn't much for new construction. Hopefully the plans make for easy conversion to other uses in case the guy can't make a decent pizza.

Posted by: Yates ()
Date: June 22, 2016 08:50AM

Has anyone actually looked into the Yates fortunes? Seems to be buying up a lot of properties in Alexandria, and running businesses with little visible activity.

Posted by: Avoid the Noid ()
Date: June 22, 2016 09:58AM

$3,000,000 to make it into a pizza joint? Wasn't it already a pizza joint? Sounds like Yates is a Democrat to be wasting all that money.

Posted by: Commonwealth Ave. ()
Date: June 22, 2016 10:48AM

There was a Yates Auto Parts in Alexandria years ago. Same guy?

Posted by: Yup! ()
Date: June 22, 2016 11:13AM

Commonwealth Ave. Wrote:
> There was a Yates Auto Parts in Alexandria years
> ago. Same guy?

Yes, he's the same guy. He owns Yates Auto Parts, the Yates Shell gas station across the street from GW Middle School, Table Talk Restaurant on Duke Street and he bought the old Generous George's location which he is converting to the aforementioned Yates Pizza Palace.

Posted by: Kingwtowneman ()
Date: June 22, 2016 01:54PM

If it is anything like his two gas stations he owns in Kingstown, it will be the most expensive pizza in the area. Gas is way cheaper on Franconia Rd. Remember back in January of this year and everybody was filling up their cars before the big storm. Both stations were open for business. The only thing they would sell you in the 93 octane gas. Staff claimed they didn't have any 87 or 89 octane.

Posted by: Annan ()
Date: June 22, 2016 02:11PM

I'll believe it when I see it. That place has had 'Coming Soon' in the windows for 2+ years now.

Posted by: Creeper. ()
Date: June 22, 2016 02:20PM

Annan Wrote:
> I'll believe it when I see it. That place has had
> 'Coming Soon' in the windows for 2+ years now.

Well, fuckface...City permits take time, especially for a company who is so new to the restaurant business. We've broken ground this week, demo-ed a good portion of the old Generous George's and we'll be open soon enough. Within a week, you schmucks will forget what the crap you're eating now that passes for pizza tastes like. If you want pizza as good as ours, you have to go to NYC...

Posted by: Al's # 1 ()
Date: June 22, 2016 03:16PM

Kingwtowneman Wrote:
> If it is anything like his two gas stations he
> owns in Kingstown, it will be the most expensive
> pizza in the area. Gas is way cheaper on Franconia
> Rd. Remember back in January of this year and
> everybody was filling up their cars before the big
> storm. Both stations were open for business. The
> only thing they would sell you in the 93 octane
> gas. Staff claimed they didn't have any 87 or 89
> octane.

Maybe he can re-open Al's Steak House?

Posted by: Hungry for pizza ()
Date: August 26, 2017 07:26AM

IS IT OPEN YET?

Posted by: Yates'.CFO ()
Date: August 26, 2017 09:24AM

Hungry for pizza Wrote:
> IS IT OPEN YET?

Hey fucker...pipe down. It takes a while to spend $3M to build this place. The bribes to overlook codes have to be paid in small amounts over a long period of time.

It's ok waiting for Northern Virginia's best pizzeria to open...some people spend all their lives waiting for nothing.

Posted by: Yates Pizza Palace won't open! ()
Date: August 26, 2017 11:22AM

Jeff Yates won't open Yates Pizza Palace. He has an Alexandria Realtor who is desperately trying to sell it for him, for $7 million dollars, which he will never get.

Posted by: Squeezy ()
Date: August 26, 2017 04:45PM

Yates Pizza Palace won't open! Wrote:
> Jeff Yates won't open Yates Pizza Palace. He has
> an Alexandria Realtor who is desperately trying to
> sell it for him, for $7 million dollars, which he
> will never get.

Sell it to Bishop Ireton HS. They have been trying to expand the school for years and have already moved some offices and activities to rented space off campus.

Posted by: Hi-Rollah ()
Date: August 26, 2017 09:02PM

Yates Pizza Palace won't open! Wrote:
> Jeff Yates won't open Yates Pizza Palace. He has
> an Alexandria Realtor who is desperately trying to
> sell it for him, for $7 million dollars, which he
> will never get.

Can you post a link to the property listing, please? I can't find it. I'd like to purchase this property and acquire it immediately...

Posted by: VaPhil ()
Date: February 23, 2018 07:02PM

Posted by: Little Caesar's ()
Date: February 23, 2018 07:13PM

So I guess there won't be any pizza anytime soon......

Posted by: Alexandria Patch ()
Date: February 23, 2018 07:21PM

Alexandria businessman Jeffrey Lee Yates died of cancer at age 63. RIP.

Posted by: Good.Riddance ()
Date: February 23, 2018 07:43PM

Seriously, fuck that dead, cancerous piece of shit. I don't know what's more spectacular...

Not finishing Yates Pizza Palace
What he spent building the incomplete Yates Pizza Palace
The asking price to purchase the incomplete Yates Pizza Palace

Posted by: Generous George’s ()
Date: February 23, 2018 07:47PM

The bigger dick in Del Ray is the guy that owns the sugar shack donut shop.
I think he owns the “hidden” bar underneath too.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.