HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Burke: Any Ghetto Areas?
Posted by: Moving to Area ()
Date: April 21, 2014 08:59PM

I lived in NOVA years ago, and alas my company has decided to move on back to this "lovely location." It has changed a lot, as I see that its a mix of yuppies and third world types.

Burke is one area I'm considering for commuting reasons, along with there being some fairly affordable townhouses/condos, etc. Any areas to avoid, because while Burke back in the day was quiet, insight on to what its like now would be greatly appreciated.

Now to somehow get grumpy enough to live here and fit in

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Burke: Any Ghetto Areas?
Posted by: traashyy ()
Date: April 21, 2014 09:02PM

Near the safeway, local fixtures steven harris live there and sell dope to your kids

Posted by: Helper. ()
Date: April 21, 2014 09:08PM

I would stay away from the townhouses anywhere off of Lake Braddock Drive between Burke Lake Road and Burke Road. I'm not sure how things got so shitty there...I guess the fact that those townhouses are now 30+ years old but man, you make the loop of Hollins, Westport, and Kendrick and it's just a shithole there frankly.

Posted by: down the drain ()
Date: April 21, 2014 09:11PM

ALL of the townhouse neighborhoods in Burke have "local fixtures" who sell dope to your kids. The third-worlders are starting to out-number the yuppies. I could lose my mind from it.

I would say to look elsewhere, but it's not much better in the surrounding areas. Worse, maybe.

Posted by: Abandon All Hope ()
Date: April 21, 2014 09:15PM

Townhouses are the new American trailer parks. Stay away from the ones by the Burke Town Safeway, by the railroad tracks by the KFC, anything near Lake Braddock, and most definitely the townhouses off Shiplett by Rolling Valley Mall.

Posted by: GordonBlvd ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:16AM

On a real note. No.

Burke does not have any ghetto areas.

Posted by: dGFPN ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:30AM

Burke is infested with collectivist vermin everywhere you look. But in their defense, most of them do bathe once or twice a week. What makes them vermin is their steadfast belief that the government knows better how to spend your honestly earned money than you do. You better agree with their mindset. If you don't, it proves to them that they are intellectually and morally your superior.

Posted by: dGFPM ()

Burke is infested with collectivist vermin everywhere you look. But in their defense, most of them do bathe once or twice a week. What makes them vermin is their steadfast belief that the government knows better how to spend your honestly earned money than you do. You better agree with their mindset. If you don't, it proves to them that they are intellectually and morally your superior.

Posted by: dGFPN ()

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:46AM

one more time........

Posted by: That Guy ()
Date: April 22, 2014 09:24AM

Moving to Area Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...
>
> Burke is one area I'm considering for commuting
> reasons, along with there being some fairly
> affordable townhouses/condos, etc. Any areas to
> avoid, ...

The affordable townhouses/condos are what attracts the illegals and third worlders to Burke. Any of the areas mentioned above by other posters are Ghetto. Take a drive after 9:00pm and look at how many taxi cabs and work vans are parked in or on streets next to these communities and that will tell you where you don't want to live. There is an upscale town home community in Lake Braddock off of Tripolis Ct, between Olley Lane and Wallingford Drive on Lake Braddock Drive (by the pool) that hasn't seen the influx of undesirables, but the townhomes are priced in the low to mid $400s which kind of gets rid of the affordability factor.

Posted by: NS 13 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 09:46AM

Check out Kingstowne.

Posted by: 2ndes ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:24AM

NS 13 Wrote:
> Check out Kingstowne.

+1

Kingstown is more modern and better laid out than Burke with far superior shopping and road layout plus Wegmans is being built.

Burke is aging and was hardly a desireable location even 15 years ago.

Posted by: crevena oak boys ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:29AM

subsidized housing at crevenna oak (across from safeway in burke center) and subsidized housing at the end of oak leather (safeway side).

I grew up near there and was smoking cigs and weed with the little wanksters at 12 years old.

not ghetto or dangerous but juvenile delinquents who know they won't be charged as an adult...

Hillary Can Be BOUGHT & SOLD by Wall St., Foreign Donors- Would Electing Someone Who is Already a Billionaire (like Donald Trump)
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:32AM

fAter a fallow period in the mid Seventies, the band experienced a revival during the late 1970s and early 1980s with albums Sleepwalker, Misfits, Low Budget, Give the People What They Want and State of Confusion. In addition, groups such as Van Halen, the Jam, the Knack, the Pretenders and the Fall covered their songs, helping to boost the Kinks' record sales. In the 1990s, Britpop acts such as Blur and Oasis cited the band as a major influence.[1] The Kinks broke up in 1996, a result of the commercial failures of their last few albums and creative tension between the Davies brothers.[6] Sully Rd South onto lee Jackson Memorial Hwy into Chantilly, check status of machines at Fair Oaks Mall. Return any defective parts that are present. If you have not heard from Bill Splevins or Mara Toles at this time, continue to Fairfax County Court house. Don't park on Judicial Drive.They were the second group of the British Invasion on The Ed Sullivan Show, appearing in March for two weeks after the Beatles appeared three straight weeks in February 1964. For some time the Dave Clark Five were more popular in the US than in their native UK, but had a renaissance in the UK between 1967 and 1970. The group disbanded in late 1970. On 10 March 2008, the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.[2]

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 09:43PM by WingNut.

Posted by: All of it ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:37AM

All of Burke is ghetto. Trust me. This is coming from my mom's basement.

Posted by: Crevenna oaks ()
Date: May 16, 2014 05:47PM

yeah i grew up in crevenna oaks that place is so ghetto and i remember people trying to make me smoke cigarettes when i was five that place is so ghetto but some people are nice but you have to watch out for a lot of them in the projects ya know

Posted by: Da Ghetto ()
Date: May 16, 2014 06:00PM

Just that one section off the parkway. You'll see it.

bronx54.jpg

Posted by: CoolGuy ()
Date: May 16, 2014 06:05PM

I lived on Ulysses Ct, off Tripolis Ct and Lake Braddock Drive. Used to be a real nice place except for the park across the street. Became a parking nightmare on the weekends. But generally not bad.

Posted by: Northern Virginia is the Ghetto ()
Date: May 16, 2014 06:31PM

You just have to be mature enough to accept the fact.
The area finally grew up and out.

Posted by: Burke... ()
Date: May 16, 2014 06:31PM

crevena oak boys Wrote:
> subsidized housing at crevenna oak (across from
> safeway in burke center) and subsidized housing at
> the end of oak leather (safeway side).
>
> I grew up near there and was smoking cigs and weed
> with the little wanksters at 12 years old.
>
> not ghetto or dangerous but juvenile delinquents
> who know they won't be charged as an adult...

Doesn't Burke have alot of low income public housing besides Crevenna Oaks?

As I know they have another subsidised development near the VRE scattered in and around Burke.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.