HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
state/ emmision burke
Posted by: state ()
Date: April 21, 2014 12:32PM

where is the best place to get the state and emission test done in burke?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: state/ emmision burke
Posted by: slimshady ()
Date: April 21, 2014 01:55PM

Posted by: mgnut ()
Date: April 21, 2014 02:01PM

Posted by: orb ()
Date: April 21, 2014 07:25PM

buddy is a very nice guy and have been there a few times in the last few years. He has also gotten a little expensive, the shell staion right in front of buddy's shop on the other hand is very inexpensive for repairs and there is almost never a line for emissions and inspections becuase they are relatively new.

Posted by: Thnj ()
Date: April 21, 2014 08:52PM

The Exxon at Burke Centre does emissions on Sunday - that makes it pretty convenient when time is limited.

Posted by: Burke girl ()
Date: April 21, 2014 10:00PM

I agree about Shell....I got so fed up with waiting at the Exxon that I drove over to it. No line, and Starbucks right there for the fifteen minutes that you have to kill.

Posted by: RJR ()
Date: April 22, 2014 01:13PM

where is the best place to get the state and emission test done in burke?

I've always assumed that one emissions test place is like another. I've never thought there was much leeway with the test and the price is set by law or regulation, I think. Safety inspection is another matter. I've had my car flunked for BS from inspectors looking for work for their shop. I only go to one specific place that I trust is fair.

The newish Shell station does seem to be decent. I haven't had any repairs done there but I've interacted with one of the mechanics and had no bad vibes.

Posted by: LGtLU ()
Date: April 22, 2014 02:40PM

ah well they say in this area, fairfax, dealerships are partially criminal and have ties with polititians. that there are far fewer owners than you'd think posing under many different titles.

employees are ordered to steal with threat of being fired. if you take your car in for "inspection" they will hand you a list of $500 of work that needs to be done if at all possible and if they don't they are fired. they aren't the old mechanics who were fired, they are kids or illegals who ousted the legitimate old mechanics and aren't paid much. they began this campaign of tyranny, betrayal, and really treason in the 2000's - mostly when news of the the 2nd consecutive depression got on air.

people keep asking why every time the car is in it's $500. ask sharon bull o va. the bitch knows is my bet. but her pay: she refused to FOIA. she thinks keeping secrets is fine with the law.

-------------------------------
there is also some news that gas stations might be centrally controlled. the ones in reston used to be. and if they still are ? probably it's no longer even possible to know for sure.

Posted by: burke centre automotivr ()
Date: April 22, 2014 04:38PM

One thing is for sure don't take it to Burke Centre Automotive, here is a Google+ review.

Burke Centre Automotive

STAY AWAY! Don't even think about giving them a 'shot'. These are con-artist's in a garage. Here are some issues noted with Burke Centre Automotive: * Baised- They will take complete advantage of any and all young/old/female customers that walk in. The prices they charge will vary off your level of knowledge perceived. *Prices - After receiving an estimate for work I phoned 4 dealerships for quotes on prices. Dealerships are supposedly more expensive then local auto shops, right? Wrong, they were charging an 'added amount' of 100% part cost quoted by the dealerships(this did not include labor). ie: Part was $100/ea. Quoted $200/ea. *Customer Service - They really 'shine' here. They will treat you like the dirt found underneath your car. They could careless about any problems or issues you might have with the way you were treated or abused. Note everything they say and do because they will lie about it in the future and have no problems about doing so. They also will find work that does not need to be done just for added revenue, I mean literally will 'make-up' work that was not agreed upon or impossible to be even done and charge an arm, leg, & first born. Bottom Line: STAY AWAY! You won't be sorry. There are plenty of good mechanic shops right in this area, take your business elsewhere.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.