HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
White male held over threats to kill CNN staff
Posted by: T3HEL ()
Date: January 23, 2018 11:49AM

"‘Fake news. I’m coming to gun you all down’: White man accused of making threatening calls to CNN.

A Michigan man has been arrested for threatening to kill CNN employees after telephoning the network and saying: “Fake news. I’m coming to gun you all down.”

Brandon Griesemer appeared in federal court in Detroit on Friday charged with using interstate communications to threaten injury.

Griesemer, 19, could face up to five years in prison if convicted. He was released on a $10,000 bond by the judge, Anthony Patti, following an initial hearing, where he was represented by a public defender. No plea was entered.

The FBI alleged that Griesemer called CNN’s headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, approximately 22 times between 9 January and 10 January, threatening violence against the network’s staff and making racist remarks.

An affidavit filed to court by special agent Sean Callaghan said Griesemer had referred to the news network as “fake news”. President Donald Trump has repeatedly used the same phrase to deride journalists and has shared mocked-up images on social media showing him physically attacking a CNN logo.

In a Tuesday morning tweet about the recent government shutdown, Trump referred to “Crazy Jim Acosta of Fake News CNN”.

During one call, Griesemer told a CNN phone operator: “I am on my way right now to gun the fuckin’ CNN cast down … I am coming to kill you,” according to the affidavit.

Later, he allegedly called back and said: “I’m coming for you CNN. I’m smarter than you. More powerful than you. I have more guns than you. More manpower. Your cast is about to get gunned down in a matter of hours.”

Griesemer allegedly used a racist slur about African Americans and made “disparaging remarks regarding Jewish individuals”. He allegedly called CNN again on 10 January and said: “You are going down. I have a gun and I am coming to Georgia right now to go to the CNN headquarters to fucking gun every single last one of you. I have a team of people. It’s going to be great, man.”

CNN said in a statement on Monday that it had been in contact with law enforcement officials and taken steps to protect its staff. “We take any threats to CNN employees or workplaces, around the world, extremely seriously. This one is no exception,” the statement said.

The court heard that Griesemer worked part-time at a grocery store and had no previous criminal convictions. Prosecutors said that he must undergo mental health and drug testing.

Patti told Griesemer that, as a condition of his bond, he must remain in the eastern district of Michigan and not speak with anyone linked to his case. “Certainly you cannot have any contact with CNN,” said the judge.
Attachments:
brandon-griesemer-e1516679637435.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: White male held over threats to kill CNN staff
Posted by: fake news FFX ()
Date: January 23, 2018 12:42PM

This is fake news.

Re: White male held over threats to kill CNN staff
Posted by: Not scary ()
Date: January 23, 2018 01:23PM

He was kidding.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.