HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
SPOTTED: New images from SPACE appear to show Loch Ness Monster is 'ALIVE'; IS this proof that the Loch Ness Monster exists?
Posted by: Lake Fairfax Monster ()
Date: April 19, 2014 05:19AM

SPOTTED: New images from SPACE appear to show Loch Ness Monster is 'ALIVE'
http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/471161/Satellite-images-from-space-and-beamed-to-iPhone-show-Monster-Nessie-on-Loch-Ness

Amazing new images taken from space appear to show something swimming below the surface of the world's most famous loch.

There had been fears that Nessie could have died after more than a year without a verified sighting.

But today's fresh pictures have again peaked the excitement of Nessie enthusiasts everywhere - especially after experts ruled out the possibility it is a sunken ship.

The images were captured by two different amateur hunters scanning different satellites transmitting images of the earth from space - Peter Thain of Newbiggin by the Sea, Northumberland and Andy Dixon from Darlington, County Durham.

The creature was spotted just outside the village of Dores, on the south shore of Loch Ness.

The images were beamed from Apple's satellite map app and could only be viewed on some ipads and iphones.

Andy said yesterday: "It was purely by accident that I came across the image. I was trawling through satellite transmissions of different parts of the country and I thought I would try Loch Ness.

"I could see something big under the water and I saved it to my phone. My first thought was that it was the monster and I contacted Gary Campbell of the Official Loch Ness Monster Club.

"I was a believer in Nessie even before this but I had never been. Now I am so excited, I can't wait to get up north and pay a visit - with a camera of course.

"Unfortunately I have not seen anything since but I will keep looking."

Veteran Nessie-hunter Gary said yesterday: "We first received Peter's information at the back end of last year but took some time to try to work out what it was.

"Initially it was difficult because it doesn't appear on all online satellite images - only some of them on Apple products.

"When Andy got in touch at the beginning of the year, we finally managed to locate a device that had the image on it and asked some boating experts to look at it.

"They confirmed that while it looks like a boat wake, it cannot be a boat as there is no hull or superstructure visible. This is confirmed by the fact that there are clear images of other boats in the pictures.

"What ever it is, it's just below the surface and heading south so unless there have been secret submarine trials going on in the loch, the size of the object would make it likely to be Nessie "

"After Nessie 'going missing' for 18 months, it's great to see her back. Furthermore, the use of satellite technology means that if Nessie is just swimming below the surface like in this case, we can still pick her up."
Attachments:
149593.jpg
149594.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPOTTED: New images from SPACE appear to show Loch Ness Monster is 'ALIVE'; IS this proof that the Loch Ness Monster exists?
Posted by: WOW! ()
Date: April 19, 2014 07:23AM

Cool Pic! But it should be in Off-Topic.

Re: SPOTTED: New images from SPACE appear to show Loch Ness Monster is 'ALIVE'; IS this proof that the Loch Ness Monster exists?
Posted by: Derfx ()
Date: April 19, 2014 10:37PM

Dude, no. Its some shameless promotion for the new Godzilla movie

Posted by: JustanFYI ()
Date: April 19, 2014 11:39PM

FYI, the boat was photoshopped out of the photo. It's just the wake of a boat. Feel free to look up the hoax across Google, you'll even find the original image.

Posted by: hoax investigator help ()
Date: April 20, 2014 01:25AM

JustanFYI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FYI, the boat was photoshopped out of the photo.
> It's just the wake of a boat. Feel free to look
> up the hoax across Google, you'll even find the
> original image.

why dont you give us more detail. Like the picture all over the net? Googling hoax isnt going to turn up pic

Posted by: A Hoax! ()
Date: April 20, 2014 08:07AM

Here's the link discussing how it was faked...

http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=16928

Posted by: hoax investigator help ()
Date: April 20, 2014 09:44AM

good one

Posted by: A Hoax! ()
Date: April 20, 2014 09:51AM

I just realized something...If the Loch Ness monster was swimming at a high rate of speed on the surface of the water, wouldn't it create a similar effect? So maybe, not a hoax?

Posted by: Not a Hoax ()
Date: April 20, 2014 11:20AM

A Hoax! Wrote:
> I just realized something...If the Loch Ness
> monster was swimming at a high rate of speed on
> the surface of the water, wouldn't it create a
> similar effect? So maybe, not a hoax?

Of course it's not a hoax, Bigfoot told me so. Here's the proof...
Attachments:
BigfootRidingNessie.jpg

Posted by: Brilliant!!! ()
Date: April 20, 2014 03:54PM

^^^^^^^^^^. Bloody brilliant!

Posted by: loch ness not a hoax ()
Date: April 20, 2014 04:29PM

back in the 60's during the sex revolution we were during acid and weed by the lake and having orgies. We saw a creature coming onto sure. I had a bow and arrow and decided to shoot it towards the water. Do you know we killed that sucker and ate for a year on it? Bondfires, beer, sex, and, fried/roasted loch ness.

Best times of my life. Live free off the land.

P.S. It tasted like chicken wish we could have more.

Date: April 20, 2014 04:31PM

shore, sorry for misspell

Date: April 20, 2014 04:32PM

loch ness not a hoax Wrote:
> shore, sorry for misspell

doing not during

Date: April 20, 2014 04:34PM

loch ness not a hoax Wrote:
> loch ness not a hoax Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > shore, sorry for misspell
>
> doing not during

^^^^doing acid

Posted by: Avid Fisherman ()
Date: April 20, 2014 04:41PM

Everyone knows that the Loch Ness Monster is a hoax...
Attachments:
Funny-Picture-loch-ness-monster-2031194-500-621.jpg

Posted by: christoff lambert ()
Date: April 20, 2014 06:57PM

it's not a BONER nelly. it's the LOCK NESS MONSTER here on shore !!
Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: EhhUd ()
Date: April 20, 2014 06:58PM

pass or fail exam
Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: sorry im not sure i understand ()
Date: April 20, 2014 07:05PM

Last two posters:

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.