HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
RANDY BEST AT CAFFE AMOURI - DO WE HAVE FREE WILL?
Posted by: walden3twinfx ()
Date: January 04, 2018 07:26PM

01/04/2018

RANDY BEST AT CAFFE AMOURI - DO WE HAVE FREE WILL?
Caffe Amouri,107 Church St NE, in Vienna
May 3, 7-8pm

The Philosophical Discussion Series continues at the Caffe Amouri, which will be publicizing these discussions as part of their Penny University programs.
On May 3 we will be discussing the question of free will. Are our actions merely reactions to external stimuli?

What is the value of our internal mental deliberations? If we have no free will, how can we be morally responsible actors? These and other questions will be addressed in this discussion.

Northern Virginia Ethical Society

https://www.facebook.com/ethicalsociety/posts/10154825288912732:0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RANDY BEST AT CAFFE AMOURI - DO WE HAVE FREE WILL?
Date: January 05, 2018 09:35AM

Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharlal Nehru

Posted by: Beware the morons ()
Date: January 05, 2018 10:44AM

I's like to attend, once I figure pout the time travel thing...

Date: January 06, 2018 10:35AM

01/06/2018

01/06/2018

To figure out the "time travel" thing, beyond Einstein, it's in the theoretical physics domain topic with the revised Theory of the Universe,
with the possible discovery of the "5th force" in 2016.

What is "Dark Energy" ?

Here is a brief but recent description, published in "Nature".

The UCI researchers came upon a mid-2015 study by experimental nuclear physicists at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences who were searching for "dark photons," particles that would signify unseen dark matter, which physicists say makes up about 85 percent of the universe's mass. The Hungarians' work uncovered a radioactive decay anomaly that points to the existence of a light particle just 30 times heavier than an electron.

https://phys.org/news/2016-08-physicists-discovery-nature.html
Attachments:
Cosmic Dance MV HB 0203 Physics.jpg

Posted by: freewillexpert ()
Date: January 06, 2018 10:59AM

Took philosophy in college. Interesting but essentially boring and useless.

Here is all you need to know: all human beings think and act based on the assumption that they have free will. There is no practical way of living without going through the emotions and thoughts that that reality exists and that we can control our own actions.

Since this is the case we must base our laws and morals on this. It really doesn't matter if reality exists only in our minds or if we are biochemical robots. We can't think or live otherwise. End of story.

Posted by: DisinterestedPerson9 ()
Date: January 06, 2018 11:00AM

Oh man! I'm so glad this moron is posting again. I haven't had a laugh at a post since someone posted about Arthur Treacher's.

This is getting super gay again...

Keep it up! Please post some stuff about people in wheelchairs again and maybe that picture of the owl!!

Oh man... there I go again... rolling on the floor in a fit of laughter!!

So super gay!

Posted by: HillariousPosts ()
Date: January 06, 2018 11:18AM

This guy is great! I agree. These posts keep my laughing for hours. I hope he posts more of this gayness.

Date: January 06, 2018 06:01PM

Posted by: freewillexpert ()

Date: January 06, 2018 10:59AM

Took philosophy in college. Interesting but essentially boring and useless.

Here is all you need to know: all human beings think and act based on the assumption that they have free will. There is no practical way of living without going through the emotions and thoughts that that reality exists and that we can control our own actions.

Discussion: It's a "Hypothesis", maybe very tough to prove scientifically
that "all human beings think and act based on assumption that they have free will".

More Discussion: In fact, many in our society, that it's "God" as each so perceive, in all existing cultures, east and west, that their existence is "willed" by a "divine power", external to themselves.

In the Western cultures, the divine power is conceived at existing, external to themselves, in Heaven Above. In the East, for example, Hindu/Buddhist, God is conceived as existing in human heart, and often called "love", that binds on human beings as one living, thinking entity.

In fact, this was one of the key discussion between Einstein and Tagore, in the 1938, when they met in Berlin, at Einstein's house, and then again, in Calcutta, at Tagore's house, to debate and converse "intellectually" between two "Great Minds' of that era.

Anyone still remembers ?
Attachments:
Cafe Scientifique Crossroads 01 Tagore Einstein.jpg

Posted by: hvbn9 ()
Date: January 06, 2018 06:34PM

so when is he going to donate philosophy?

look...

Jimmy Carter is in 4H and building houses at his old age when he's not watching elections like a hawk and trying to make peace. at his age incredible.

others donate to organization

HOW DOES THE FOOL ABOVE have money to talk about what to think and if he does why does he waste it on that?

my guess: he doesn't have any money the government didn't give him

Posted by: HillariousPosts ()
Date: January 06, 2018 07:12PM

YES!

More please!

More gayness!

More stupid boring yet hilarious crap!

Please please keep it coming!

Please post a flyer with the owl, Einstein, the guy in the wheelchair AND some dumb, gay drivel about philosophy!!

Please do it. Please post it all so I can keep laughing at your gay ass.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.