HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I-95 Express Lanes Getting Ready to Open
Posted by: Express Please ()
Date: April 17, 2014 04:03PM

http://95expresslanes.com/uploads/1000/463-Make_a_Plan_Video_040714.mp4

When open, the new 95 Express Lanes will bring changes to how you use I-95. To prepare, you need to learn how the Express Lanes could impact your travel and make a plan to get ready now.

Learn more and make a plan today so you can:
Prepare to benefit from the lanes after they’re converted to Express Lanes
Make sure you’re following the rules of the road to avoid any unnecessary fees
Attachments:
expresslanes.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-95 Express Lanes Getting Ready to Open
Posted by: Pricing ()
Date: April 17, 2014 04:04PM

Because toll prices are based on demand, it is difficult to predict exactly what the tolls will be at any given time. We expect they will range from as low as 20 cents per mile during less busy times, to approximately 80 cents per mile in some sections during rush hour, with a typical trip costing between $6 and $8.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 17, 2014 05:00PM

The state should expand and upgrade Route 1 as well. Bulldoze all those 60 year old motels and ancient gas stations that line the road.

Posted by: Lane.Meyer ()
Date: April 17, 2014 05:38PM

I don't really worry about paying tolls on the variable toll highways like the 495 Express Lanes and soon the 95 Express Lanes. I simply put the transponder in the HOV mode even if I'm alone in the vehicle, I don't pay tolls. I've been doing this twice a day, round-trip on the 495 Express Lanes ever since they opened in November 2012 and I've never paid one cent in tolls and I've never been stopped by the police or otherwise received a summons. Until they put infrared cameras on the gantries...they will never catch me.

Posted by: Toll disliker ()
Date: April 17, 2014 05:59PM

Last week the tolls at 8:20AM on 495 starting at Braddock Rd were $10.05. No joke, I drive it everyday and that is the highest I have scene since it opened. Other times it has been as high as $9.25, all that for 14 miles. Sorry no way for me.

Re: More Lanes!!!
Posted by: Heilig-Meyers ()
Date: April 18, 2014 10:03AM

Lane.Meyer, shhhhhhhh, don't give away the secret and spoil it for everyone else who uses it too.

Posted by: Expresser ()
Date: April 19, 2014 07:39PM

Holy fuck! Sweet! Lane.Meyer's right! I did this on Friday going to and from work...it's just like he said. Put the transponder in the HOV mode and nobody fucking stopped me! Whee!

Posted by: Great News On I95 ??? ()
Date: April 19, 2014 10:18PM

The HOV lanes are a joke, they back everthing up including the HOV lanes at the end of PW county. People would be better off that they never happened. As far as 95 goes a 4th lane south to Fredericksburg would have handled all that. It seems going south on 95 is worse then coming back up at any time of day. All they have done with this Express lane BS is cause a load of traffic troubles and no one on their right mind will pay those 6-8 dollar fees.

And now there going to want money to use the current HOV lanes people have used for free down to RT 234 . Heads will roll..

This is going to be a huge rip off and BUST. It will piss off people so bad the state will never attempt this again. And to bail out the privateteers will cost a billion plus for the state to get out of this shit.

Posted by: hot lanes make me hot ()
Date: April 19, 2014 10:46PM

Fuck you, OP. You had me excited for second.

"I-95 Express Lanes Getting Ready to Open"

"Getting ready to open" sounds like their opening is imminent.

But according to the web site, they are really scheduled to open in "early 2015."

That's not imminent.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.