HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Former Owner of "1st Class Sleep Diagnostics" and "!st Class Medical" and accomplice plead guilty to wire, healthcare and tax fraud OVER 200 million dollars Citizen of South Korea and resident of Fairfax County
Posted by: Corporate Empire Collapse ()
Date: December 21, 2017 03:58PM

DOJ indicts two individuals for $200M healthcare fraud scheme

http://dennismichaellynch.com/doj-indicts-two-men-for-200m-healthcare-fraud-scheme/

https://wtop.com/virginia/2017/12/former-owner-of-sleep-study-center-pleads-guilty-to-fraud/

In this case, Young Yi, 44, a citizen of South Korea, and Dannie Ahn, 43, of Centreville, Virginia, were indicted for healthcare fraud, wire fraud, and filing false tax returns.

Yi had built up an empire of corporations, including 1st Class Sleep Diagnostic Center and 1st Class Medical, with sleep study clinics located throughout Northern Virginia and Maryland. Ahn helped oversee Yi’s corporations.

A 2012 article in the Washington Post says Yi started the business in 2004.

The Justice Department reports that from at least 2005 through 2014, Yi and Ahn had a scheme going whereby they received reimbursements of approximately $200 million in health insurance claims by submitting false claims to providers, fraudulently incentivizing patients to go through unnecessary treatments, and using identities of doctors without their permission to bill health care benefit programs.

The pair also falsified their business records and misclassified personal expenses as business expenses in order to pay less in taxes.

The indictment alleges that Yi and Ahn similarly caused the creation of various shell companies to acquire, hold and move proceeds derived from the scheme. Yi and Ahn then used the proceeds to purchase expensive vehicles, luxury clothing, exotic vacations and exclusive real estate, including but not limited to, luxury condominiums in Hawaii and Chicago, and a tract of land in the Hidden Springs neighborhood of Great Falls, Virginia, in order to construct “Le Chateau de Lumiere,” a multi-million dollar and approximately 25,000-square-foot home modeled after the Palace of Versailles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/planned-palace-upsets-some-neighbors-in-tony-dc-suburb/2012/04/23/gIQAeeb5cT_story.html?utm_term=.6f9f929445cb

The Chateau de Lumiere was built anyway 25000 sq ft in McLean. Construction company attained rights to it and it for sale at 12 Million USD.

check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gQFGsB0VQw

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Former Owner of "1st Class Sleep Diagnostics" and "!st Class Medical" and accomplice plead guilty to wire, healthcare and tax fraud OVER 200 million dollars Citizen of South Korea and resident of Fairfax County
Posted by: Louis the 14th ()
Date: December 21, 2017 04:10PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/where-we-live/wp/2017/01/06/le-chateau-de-lumiere-is-a-splash-of-grandeur-in-great-falls/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_3_na&utm_term=.31f3262da3ee

Dang, look at this house!

One of the Rotundas with pillars was modeled after one at the Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress.

These people lived in a fantasy world, until their Fraud found them out!

Re: Former Owner of "1st Class Sleep Diagnostics" and "!st Class Medical" and accomplice plead guilty to wire, healthcare and tax fraud OVER 200 million dollars Citizen of South Korea and resident of Fairfax County
Posted by: ThisPersonSmelled Yi's RatIn2012 ()
Date: December 21, 2017 08:02PM

heywouldjablowme2x
4/24/2012 3:11 PM EDT
One more thing, my family has had some experience with 1st Class Sleep Study that the health care provider approaved, but did not pass the smell test with me. I suspect that 1st Class Sleep Study is gaming the healthcare system. Their business practices may be legal and conform to health insurer's policies and practices, but we end up footing the bill in higher hethcare premiums and co-pays.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/planned-palace-upsets-some-neighbors-in-tony-dc-suburb/2012/04/23/gIQAeeb5cT_story.html?utm_term=.099bd9d9ff82

Corrupt people like this ruin it for everyone else. Taking advantage of the insurance companies.
That's why they kept saying NO you don't have any more Co-Pays ..

They were writing in extra FALSE claims for services no rendered and equipment neither ordered or delivered and filing false tax returns, claiming "company expense" when it was personal.

How many years will they serve behind bars?

Come over here to the US and scam the system like this.
Disgusting!

Posted by: Somali Mann ()
Date: December 21, 2017 08:59PM

It's very interesting reading the comments on the WaPo article about the Yi's home in 2012.

The YouTube video about the house is also very interesting. I think the Yi's have a good taste in homes (even if they made their money illegally).

Posted by: Attempted whistleblower ()
Date: December 22, 2017 11:04AM

I have a doctor who is running a similar scam. I tried to report her to my insurance three different times and they didn't give a shit.

Posted by: IRS will investigate ()
Date: December 22, 2017 02:36PM

Attempted whistleblower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a doctor who is running a similar scam. I
> tried to report her to my insurance three
> different times and they didn't give a shit.

Report her to the fraud division of the IRS .. cause she is earning an INCOME illegally and so she is also filing TAX RETURNS WITH FALSE INFORMATION!!

I have seen this a lot with foreign born doctors .. "No out of pocket this time" , we will just bill the Insurance company with different codes"

Posted by: 7xxym ()
Date: December 22, 2017 05:44PM

Corporate Empire Collapse Wrote:
> DOJ indicts two individuals for $200M healthcare
> fraud scheme
>

why are you picking on these two Koreans?

democrats have done that all over the county you stupid fuck!

Posted by: Put the beer down for a minute ()
Date: December 22, 2017 06:39PM

"Stupid fuck" is strong language for someone you probably have not met.
Who knows? Perhaps the poster knew or had a bad experience dealing with racket set up by these people.

As for corruption among Dems, that is the elephant in the room .. Sometimes people need to step back and see specific examples of the dung, to understand that that shit came from a Libs crapper.

Posted by: Château Louis XIV ()
Date: December 22, 2017 07:00PM

Somali Mann Wrote:
> It's very interesting reading the comments on the
> WaPo article about the Yi's home in 2012.
>
> The YouTube video about the house is also very
> interesting. I think the Yi's have a good taste in
> homes (even if they made their money illegally).

Yes, excellent taste.

They just point at very expensive shit that already exist elsewhere and tell the contractor to build a replica.

You may also be impressed by a White House look alike that's always on the market somewhere near McLean i believe.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.