HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
North Reston going south - and Metro Impact
Posted by: NorthReston ()
Date: April 17, 2014 01:13AM

I went on a long bike ride this past weekend and happened through Lake Anne Plaza. My kid was with me. He had questions and I got to explain to him about trash.

Several African Americans were enjoying the day with their families. A few naggers were actively fist fighting outside one of several convenience stores.

A few Hispanic families were also enjoying the day. Their kids were trying to fly kites and their laughter made the day brighter. A few locusts were in the fountain that is clearly labeled "no kids or pets in the fountain" - a nagger joined them along with a couple of dogs. Speaking of dogs, locust moms were showing off their muffin tops - it must be spring. They look like they're going to pop like a can of biscuits.

We stayed on the sidewalks. Those bike trail tunnels are for thugs and victims.

There was more and it only reinforces my observations.

I often hear South Reston being called out as shit. That may be true, but it's shit all over. Embrace the intra-cultural diversity. At least white trash stays home, watches cable, and votes Republican.

So what's the prediction of whether it will get better or worse when the Metro (fucking finally) opens up? Will the cheap transportation bring more of this trash around? Will the housing spike and price the trash out of the market? Will the locusts dig in deeper by piling five generations of families in a studio apartment?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: North Reston going south - and Metro Impact
Posted by: The Real North ()
Date: April 18, 2014 01:08AM

I don't consider Lake Anne to be North Reston. Fuck the Toll Road as the dividing line. The area between the Toll Road and 606 is pretty much the same as South Reston in terms of housing style, construction timeframe, population mix, and associated crime problems.

The real North Reston boundary starts at 606.

Robert E. Simon is not the king of this place. Deal hippies.

Posted by: hNCGu ()
Date: April 18, 2014 01:46AM

So there were blacks and hispanics outside enjoying the sunshine and being outside, just as white, asians, and middle easterners do.... as you put it- taking a walk on a nice day being "families"...(save for the ones in the fountain, those kids should have been corrected)- and all of a sudden it's time to leave reston because you see a few more black/hispanic people outside than you are used to?

So it's ok for blacks and hispanics to live next door to you to "celebrate the diversity" but the moment they go outside to use the parks and stores they paid the rent/mortgage to be able to use too, it's a problem and oh no "they" can't be seen?

I will be frank, maybe it is because all the white people are inside now, too scared to come outside and mingle with the minorities. They stay on here and call names but wouldn't dare go outide where they are and say something to them and/or call the cops if they really ARE causing a scene..but no, you will act like you didn't see a thing, then log onto FfU and call them monkeys and everything else- instead of doing something to FIX IT. if you lock up the few troublemakers then there won't be a problem! And when I say this I do NOT mean lock up ALL black people as you would want me to say. I only said LOCK UP THE TROUBLEMAKERS. the ones who are actualy DOING SOMETHING WRONG. Just because a person is black and is standing outside on the corner talking to their friend (a usual occurance in ANY neighborhood, people stopping to chat outside!) doesn't mean "call the cops". If you see someone actively stealing, etc by all means. But I know you all, you will call at the sight of a black person...so maybe I will just be quiet and let you all get back to your ranting since you can't seem to say it to a black person's face.....carry on...I tried to say something....

Posted by: Lake Anne is North Reston ()
Date: April 18, 2014 08:09AM

North Reston starts at the toll road, always has.

Posted by: eLester ()
Date: April 18, 2014 10:09AM

Those are pedestrian paths, not bike trails. That's why Reston has fewer sidewalks in some areas.

The Plaza is relatively safe. Once it gets warm and they prepare to hold the concerts and farmers markets, they will clean things up.

I often drive by there as I notice the many Latin Americans in the apartment complexes in that area. However, the times I've walked or biked there, most of the walkers appear to be affluent Honkies in their 40s or older.

Posted by: stu ()
Date: April 18, 2014 10:18AM

Reston is a complete shithole full of hoodrats in their subsidized apartments surrounded by douchebags in their wannabe McMansions.

The ONLY reason to go to Reston is to go to work, collect my paycheck and then get the fuck out of Reston. Why ANYONE would want to live there is beyond me.

And OF COURSE the Metro is going to only make the situation worse. The little Nigglets of DC and PGC can't wait to come out and further lower your property values.

Posted by: Robert E. Simon ()
Date: April 19, 2014 02:07AM

Lake Anne is North Reston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> North Reston starts at the toll road, always has.

Wrong hippie.

In 1985, when North Reston was largely undeveloped, that was the story. Now North Reston has its own identity. The homes are newer, larger, and more expensive than those in South Reston (other than anomalies on lakes in South Reston). The area is also not saddled with low income subsidized housing and crime.

Say "North Reston" to someone and then ask them what neighborhoods they envision. Hint - it's not going to be N. Shore Drive...or Tall Oaks Shopping Plaza. They will almost certainly list neighborhoods off of Reston Parkway between 606 and route 7...or neighborhoods off Wiehle between 606 and Reston Avenue. They will mention North Point shopping plaza - not Lake Anne. Bank on it.

North Reston is not a town. Like the rest of Reston, it is unincorporated FFX County. It is also no longer defined in most people's minds by a highway. It is defined by the neighborhoods that have a sense of common identify and community...and that does not include the N. Shore Drive.

Let's be frank. Close your eyes anywhere in Reston. If you hear latin music and bullets, you know you are in South Reston.

Posted by: Vienna man ()
Date: April 19, 2014 03:04AM

In short = Reston Sucks

Posted by: south side ()
Date: April 19, 2014 03:15AM

What a bunch of BS. South Reston has been captured completely on Google street view. Check it out for yourself and discount the lies you see on this site.

Posted by: RE investor ()
Date: April 19, 2014 03:21AM

south side Wrote:
> What a bunch of BS. South Reston has been
> captured completely on Google street view. Check
> it out for yourself and discount the lies you see
> on this site.

I buy properties before ever seeing them.

One thing I learned is to NEVER rely on Google street view to get a true feel of the area.

Posted by: Derfx ()
Date: April 19, 2014 11:16PM

Yeah but the McTaco Hut is still the best fast food out there.

Posted by: The Confessor ()
Date: April 19, 2014 11:24PM

hNCGu Wrote:

> they paid the rent/mortgage to be able to use too,
> it's a problem and oh no "they" can't be seen?
>

Wrong Fuck Face, the state and feds or I should say the working honest people pays the rent/mortgage. "They" are nothing but the downfall of society. Nothing But Locust.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.