HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Silver Line needs upgrade
Posted by: Silver Line upgrade ()
Date: April 16, 2014 06:50PM

The Silver Line needs a $1.8 Million dollar upgrade already? Seriously what a boondoggle? WMAL says Toll road cost won't go up. I call B.S. When will it open?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Silver Line needs upgrade
Posted by: pricereport ()
Date: April 16, 2014 06:58PM

Silver Line upgrade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Silver Line needs a $1.8 Million dollar
> upgrade already? Seriously what a boondoggle? WMAL
> says Toll road cost won't go up. I call B.S. When
> will it open?

That is not much. Typical for major systems.

Posted by: Tyson's enginequeer ()
Date: April 16, 2014 07:34PM

You fucking plebes should be on your knees blowing all of your elites for such a charitable project.

It will be ready soon so shut the fuck up!

Posted by: Headsroll ()
Date: April 16, 2014 08:04PM

I wonder if this is related?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dr-gridlock/wp/2014/04/16/silver-line-project-director-and-metro-chief-financial-officer-resign/?hpid=z2

The executive director of the Silver Line rail project and Metro’s chief financial officer are resigning, officials said Wednesday.

Posted by: get paid ()
Date: April 16, 2014 08:28PM

Headsroll Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if this is related?
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dr-gridlock/wp
> /2014/04/16/silver-line-project-director-and-metro
> -chief-financial-officer-resign/?hpid=z2
>
> The executive director of the Silver Line rail
> project and Metro’s chief financial officer are
> resigning, officials said Wednesday.

This is what "public service" is these days....use tax payer dollars for unaffordable pet projects in order to get a cush private sector spot and get paid my niggas.

don't hate cuz scumbags are better parasites than you

Posted by: b4HVu ()
Date: April 21, 2014 04:28AM

Silver Line project director and Metro chief financial officer resign
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dr-gridlock/wp/2014/04/16/silver-line-project-director-and-metro-chief-financial-officer-resign/?hpid=z2

The executive director of the Silver Line rail project and Metro’s chief financial officer are resigning, officials said Wednesday.

Pat Nowakowski, executive director of the Silver Line project, is leaving his job to take a position with another transportation organization, officials at the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority said.

Carol Kissal, the chief financial officer for Metro, is resigning to take a “position in the private sector,” Metro chief Richard Sarles said in a memo to employees.

Both MWAA and Metro have been under fire recently –MWAA for problems and delays with construction of the new Silver Line and Metro from federal auditors who criticized the agency’s contracting practices.

Metro spokesman Dan Stessel said he did not have any details on Kissal’s new job. She has been at Metro for five years and previously worked at Amtrak, where Sarles and many of his top executives also worked.

Nowakowski became executive director of the rail project in January 2009. Prior to joining MWAA, he was assistant general manager of operations at Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, Philadelphia’s transportation authority.

MWAA leaders praised Nowakowski’s leadership saying he has been a wonderful colleague.

“He has skillfully guided this rail project,” said MWAA CEO Jack Potter.

Potter said MWAA will immediately begin a nationwide search for Nowakowski’s replacement.

Nowakowski’s last day will be May 2. He would not elaborate on his new job, saying he would leave it to the organization to make the announcement. He said he was recruited for the new position and that the move had been in the works for awhile.

He described his departure as “bittersweet.”

“But it’s a job opportunity that I’m really enthused by,” he said. “Personally I’m very enthused about the product we’ve built, the product we’ve put out.”

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.