HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Football on tele - best place?
Posted by: Footyfan ()
Date: December 09, 2017 09:03AM

Where is the best place in Fairfax county for watching football? Right now I'm watching this Chelsea / West Ham match wondering where I and my mates can maybe grab an AM pint and watch some footy on tele. Maybe within a few kilometers of West Springfield or Burke?

Thanks, lads!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Football on tele - best place?
Posted by: real football ()
Date: December 09, 2017 09:15AM

I'm sick of you limeys calling soccer football. What's with that? Why don't you go back to merry old England and watch lame soccer at your own stupid pubs or whatever? Football is american, you moron.

Posted by: international gaming ()
Date: December 09, 2017 09:39AM

OP, (with all due respect for your customs and culture) I am sorry but soccer (what you call football) is not AS popular here in the states, therefore there won't be as many venues open as there were in your part of the world.,.

You may want to check either Hispanic (Spanish) restaurants in the area or proper English/Irish pubs in the area via google, the ruffians on this board all pray to the altar of the No Fun League (NFL).

I can appreciate both sports. I wish you luck in your search.

Posted by: Footyfan ()
Date: December 09, 2017 09:56AM

To Int. Gaming,
Thanks! I will continue my search. There are a few decent pubs in Alexandria like Murphy's, but I was hoping for something closer to our new home.

Cheers!

Posted by: Premier League ()
Date: December 09, 2017 10:09AM

Most sports bars have enough TV's that they will be happy to switch one to a soccer broadcast if you ask them to. Especially if there isn't a marquee NFL game on.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.