HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Left on RED is ALLOWED!!!
Posted by: Left on RED is ALLOWED!!! ()
Date: November 08, 2007 12:16PM

Left on RED is ALLOWED!!!

When turning onto a One-Way road!!!

On the 29 Service road (Under FFX country Pkwy) turning onto the FFX county Pkwy Service road (By HD & Costco).

TURN YOU IDIOTS! I will be blowing my horn in an obnoxious manner.

To the people who give me dirty looks - learn the rules of the road!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Left on RED is ALLOWED!!!
Date: November 08, 2007 12:22PM

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/drivers/vadm/vadm2-7b.asp

Left turn on red: You may turn left at a red light if you are on a one-way street and turning left onto another one-way street. Come to a complete stop and proceed with caution. You may not turn while the light is red if a sign prohibits it. You must yield to all oncoming traffic and pedestrians.

Posted by: gesoffen ()
Date: November 08, 2007 01:02PM

That always pisses me off! I'll be joining in a unified protest against moronic drivers by obnoxiously laying on my horn too!

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: November 08, 2007 01:04PM

What about green?

Do I stop on green?

Posted by: lol ()
Date: November 08, 2007 01:11PM

Left on RED is ALLOWED!!! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To the people who give me dirty looks - learn the
> rules of the road!

says a dipshit who apparently doesn't understand half the rule. how many people have you honked at and annoyed when sitting at a two-way street waiting to make a left onto a one-way street?

Date: November 08, 2007 02:25PM

You're probably one of the assholes who I beep at!

Obviously you can't even read - how would you know the rules - A-HOLE!

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: November 08, 2007 02:26PM

A little patience goes a long way...heh

Date: November 08, 2007 02:35PM

yeah it's guys like this you'd wish have an aneurysm right there on the road and just die. you may have to wait for authorities to clear the lane and it may cause a backup, but at least the impatient bastard is dead, never to apply wear to our roads again.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: November 08, 2007 03:11PM

Left on RED is ALLOWED!!! I hope that you are not the hot dog on my right on this road, who makes the left turn in spite of the "no turn, drive straight" signal.

Posted by: gesoffen ()
Date: November 08, 2007 03:19PM

Left on Red is talking about the intersection of 29 & 7100 where you are traveling 29S, take the 7100/West Ox Road Exit Ramp, proceed through the intersection of West Ox on through the Northbound 7100 entrance ramp and wait at the stop light to the southbound 7100 ramp. Here, there is no on coming traffic (at least not until you cross the bridge over 29) but there is a light to control traffic continuing back on to 29S and coming off of 7100SB.
Its perfectly legal to turn left on red as long as you yield to traffic exiting 7100 (when they have the right of way). So learn how to drive and turn left or get out of the way!

Posted by: jack ()
Date: November 08, 2007 03:22PM

Sometimes I don't make right turns on red just to piss off assholes like you !

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: November 08, 2007 04:37PM

46.2-1060

It shall further be unlawful for any person at any time to use a horn otherwise than as a reasonable warning or to make any unnecessary or unreasonably loud or harsh sound by means of a horn or other warning device.

Date: November 08, 2007 05:45PM

watcher Wrote:
> It shall further be unlawful for any person at any
> time to use a horn otherwise than as a reasonable
> warning or to make any unnecessary or unreasonably
> loud or harsh sound by means of a horn or other
> warning device.

Left on RED is ALLOWED!!! is okay for blowing the horn in this case because it is a "warning" that there is an idiot douchebag in the vicinity.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: November 08, 2007 07:36PM

These laws allow turns on red, they don't require it.

Ever see the stickers on the back of Metrobuses that say, "This vehicle does not turn on red light"??

There are intersections with limited sight lines and with all the speedracers around here....I ain't turning on red. I'm not risking my life to save a few seconds...and you can stick your horn up your ass.

Posted by: Wow ()
Date: November 08, 2007 08:59PM

Seems like a little common sense, courtesy and fewer pricks would go a long way.

If it's safe, proceed, if it's not don't.

Don't be a douche for the sake of being a douche.

Posted by: Myopic Misanthrope ()
Date: November 08, 2007 09:34PM

> Left turn on red: You may turn left at a red light
> if you are on a one-way street and turning left
> onto another one-way street. Come to a complete
> stop and proceed with caution. You may not turn
> while the light is red if a sign prohibits it. You
> must yield to all oncoming traffic and
> pedestrians.

The way I read this is: "Left turn on red: You may turn left at a red light if you are on a one-way street and turning left onto another one-way street. Come to a complete stop and proceed with caution. If there is an asshole behind you beeping his horn, you may also choose not to turn and jack the asshole's blood pressure up in hopes that he has a stroke and dies, thus allowing his wife and kids to have a happy, healthy life".

But maybe that's just me.

Posted by: commuter ()
Date: November 08, 2007 10:01PM

Personally there's nothing that makes me take my time at a turn on red (either direction) than someone honking. If I hear a honk, unless I see flashing lights of a police cruiser, fire engine, or ambulance I'll just sit until I see green and tough shit to the honker.

Posted by: Yep ()
Date: November 08, 2007 10:25PM

I agree hearing a horn makes me stay put cause I want to annoy the loser honking the horn.

Posted by: Myopic Misanthrope ()
Date: November 08, 2007 11:43PM

Nothing works better to say "F-YOU" to a horn honker than putting your car in reverse so they can see the white lights fire up. Yeah bitch, I'm going nowhere but back.

Posted by: t ()
Date: November 09, 2007 01:52AM

"Left on RED is ALLOWED" has absolutely no time to wait the 30-60 seconds for people waiting for the green light to turn left...but has time to come on fairfax underground in the middle of the afternoon on a week day and make a post about this hugely important topic. Go back to work left turn expert.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 09, 2007 06:29AM

"Left on RED is ALLOWED" has absolutely no time to wait the 30-60 seconds for people waiting for the green light to turn left

It has nothing to do with "waiting", and everything to do with paying attention to the rules of the road while you are driving.

I have to side with "Left on Red". It's just irresponsible to ignore traffic laws, and I would blow my horn too.

Date: November 09, 2007 07:37AM

But then you would be ignoring traffic laws by blowing your horn.

Date: November 09, 2007 08:00AM

It's not against the law to use the horn as a "reasonable warning."

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: November 09, 2007 08:43AM

Why do I get the feeling the "Left on RED" is the type of person who has one of those word of the day calendars and then goes around all day long using them. To that I say:

Next time, in promulgating your esoteric cogitations, or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable, philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your conversational communications possess a clarified conciseness, a compacted comprehensibleness, coalescent consistency, and a concatenated cogency. Eschew all conglomerations of flatulent garrulity, jejune babblement, and asinine affectations.

Date: November 09, 2007 09:20AM

"reasonable warning" of what? That the other driver chose not to take the option to turn left on red? Hardly.

Date: November 09, 2007 09:50AM

watcher Wrote: "reasonable warning" of what? That the other driver chose not to take the option to turn left on red? Hardly.

Yes, exactly.

BTW, I don't mean I'd sit there and blast away on my horn like a madman, I think people who act like that on the road are obnoxious a-holes.... but I don't see what's so bad at giving a short toot to alert someone who is more than likely not paying attention behind the wheel.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: November 09, 2007 11:40AM

if you obnoxiously honk at me its just gonna make me sit there longer and NOT do what you want me to. Id prolly just sit through a green light as well just to annoy. that or drive 1 mph down the one way street. DICKHEAD!

Date: November 09, 2007 12:22PM

I am a big fucktard---la la la---i like acting like a complete asshole around everyone---no wonder my momma doesn't like me..la la la

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: November 09, 2007 01:21PM

A toot on the horn, no problem, but the orginal poster said "I will be blowing my horn in an obnoxious manner.
"

That to me says stupidity by the horn blower or I want somebody to pay attention to me. If the person doesn't know they can turn left on a red light on a one way then "blowing the horn in an obnoxious manner" is going to accomplish what?

FYI - LOL Ferfux

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2007 01:28PM by Lurker..

Date: November 09, 2007 01:31PM

Get a horn like this

http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php

some of these vids crack me up

Posted by: lyle ()
Date: November 09, 2007 02:24PM

Lurker wrote:
Next time, in promulgating your esoteric cogitations, or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable, philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your conversational communications possess a clarified conciseness, a compacted comprehensibleness, coalescent consistency, and a concatenated cogency. Eschew all conglomerations of flatulent garrulity, jejune babblement, and asinine affectations.

Wow....how long were you in the thesaurus?

Hey Left on RED is ALLOWED, it's not against the law if someone chooses NOT to turn...You just need to leave for your destination earlier instead of always running late and have a little patience.....Thank You!

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 11, 2007 04:43PM

i have yet to encounter a location with a one way street that i want to be at.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: JD ()
Date: November 12, 2007 09:12AM

ferfux Wrote:
> if you obnoxiously honk at me its just gonna make
> me sit there longer and NOT do what you want me
> to. Id prolly just sit through a green light as
> well just to annoy. that or drive 1 mph down the
> one way street. DICKHEAD!

In which I would run your bitch ass off the road.... at the very least. Test me.

Date: November 12, 2007 09:16AM

commuter Wrote:
> Personally there's nothing that makes me take my
> time at a turn on red (either direction) than
> someone honking. If I hear a honk, unless I see
> flashing lights of a police cruiser, fire engine,
> or ambulance I'll just sit until I see green and
> tough shit to the honker.

So you would rather be a douchebag and break the law as opposed to minding your own business and getting the hell out of the way? What a (criminal) class act you are:

No person shall intentionally and willfully:

1. Stop the vehicle of another for the sole purpose of impeding its progress on the highways, except in the case of an emergency or mechanical breakdown;

idiot.

Date: November 12, 2007 09:17AM

Myopic Misanthrope Wrote:
> Left on RED is ALLOWED!!! Wrote:
>
> > Left turn on red: You may turn left at a red
> light
> > if you are on a one-way street and turning left
> > onto another one-way street. Come to a complete
> > stop and proceed with caution. You may not turn
> > while the light is red if a sign prohibits it.
> You
> > must yield to all oncoming traffic and
> > pedestrians.
>
>
> The way I read this is: "Left turn on red: You
> may turn left at a red light if you are on a
> one-way street and turning left onto another
> one-way street. Come to a complete stop and
> proceed with caution. If there is an asshole
> behind you beeping his horn, you may also choose
> not to turn and jack the asshole's blood pressure
> up in hopes that he has a stroke and dies, thus
> allowing his wife and kids to have a happy,
> healthy life".
>
> But maybe that's just me.

Way to go idiot.....

No person shall intentionally and willfully:

1. Stop the vehicle of another for the sole purpose of impeding its progress on the highways, except in the case of an emergency or mechanical breakdown;

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: November 12, 2007 12:01PM

>
>
> In which I would run your bitch ass off the
> road.... at the very least. Test me.

Gladly! Its on. Grrr. oooh yeah lets get it on MuthaFucker! oh no you DI'INT! whoo its whoopass time! ROAD RAGE ALL DAY AND NIGHT!!!!!

Posted by: One Way ()
Date: November 12, 2017 01:59PM

It is legal when turning left from a one way street onto a one way street

Posted by: Left on Reds brother ()
Date: November 12, 2017 03:03PM

I've got one better, that is an actual hazard. How about not blocking cross traffic at a light. It is against the law in every jurisdiction to block an intersection. If your light is turning red and your vehicle will not clear the intersection DO NOT enter it. I don't blow my horn at people that won't turn right on red as the law only says you may. But for all you tree huggers out there the longer your car isn't moving the longer it gets ZERO mpg's. Now if you block the intersection in front of me you will get my horn and my high beams, neither of which are factory.

Posted by: ytbwm ()
Date: November 12, 2017 06:57PM

300px-4waystop.jpg

your a genius. you finally figured out why there is no left turn signal at 4 way stops

Posted by: 9ccyw ()
Date: November 12, 2017 07:03PM

most police would pull you over, not agree or listen to you and give you a ticket. police are not highly versed in the rules of the road actually.

anyway: you have to head speed limits even if the sign is no longer relevant to the traffic situation. therefore you have to head a red that has a turn signal simply because it is installed, without your questioning "why".

Posted by: te43v ()
Date: November 12, 2017 07:06PM

as seen above: it's not true that a road being "one way" is the only way in which one is allowed to make a left turn AFTER STOPPING

on the other hand, left turns on red are dis-favored in city limits because it is the most common cause of GRID LOCK

Posted by: HFVEV ()
Date: November 12, 2017 07:09PM

there's also the factor of whether people making right turns have their own turn lane - however the unfortunate part is fucking foreigners make wide turns (changing lanes inside an intersection which is ILLEGAL)

unfortunately due to fucking dumb ass foreigners all the money spent on turn lanes is INEFFECTIVE as far as allowing more efficient traffic from the other direction

Posted by: ykptj ()
Date: November 12, 2017 07:12PM

OP must not be finished studying for his up and coming DMV test.

TURN ON RED is also allowed in the city if the red is BLINKING. blinking is used optionally by the municipality during non-busy hours to aleviate unecessary signal waiting

Posted by: Think Twice ()
Date: November 12, 2017 07:26PM

> To the people who give me dirty looks - learn the
> rules of the road!

You should know that, in doing so, you may likely run into someone like me, who has absolutely no issue getting out of his car and challenging you to a fight. If you're the coward you sound like (99.5% are), you'll cower in your car. If you aren't, I'll enjoy using my 20 years of fight experience teaching you the basic etiquette lesson you somehow managed to miss during your life. People like you, who behind the wheel think they can get away with behavior they would never, ever dream of trying face-to-face, do so at their own risk - there are people like me out there, and you have no idea who we are until it's too late. Something to think about when you're tailgating, leaning on your horn, and generally begging for a fight.

Posted by: Officer Friendly ()
Date: November 12, 2017 07:37PM

Think Twice Wrote:
> > To the people who give me dirty looks - learn
> the
> > rules of the road!
>
> You should know that, in doing so, you may likely
> run into someone like me, who has absolutely no
> issue getting out of his car and challenging you
> to a fight. If you're the coward you sound like
> (99.5% are), you'll cower in your car. If you
> aren't, I'll enjoy using my 20 years of fight
> experience teaching you the basic etiquette lesson
> you somehow managed to miss during your life.
> People like you, who behind the wheel think they
> can get away with behavior they would never, ever
> dream of trying face-to-face, do so at their own
> risk - there are people like me out there, and you
> have no idea who we are until it's too late.
> Something to think about when you're tailgating,
> leaning on your horn, and generally begging for a
> fight.

A charge of aggravated assault is a Felony, and will have a negative impact on your life after I charge you with this crime.

Posted by: Cops aren't lawyers ()
Date: November 12, 2017 07:56PM

Officer Friendly Wrote:
> Think Twice Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > To the people who give me dirty looks - learn
> > the
> > > rules of the road!
> >
> > You should know that, in doing so, you may
> likely
> > run into someone like me, who has absolutely no
> > issue getting out of his car and challenging
> you
> > to a fight. If you're the coward you sound
> like
> > (99.5% are), you'll cower in your car. If you
> > aren't, I'll enjoy using my 20 years of fight
> > experience teaching you the basic etiquette
> lesson
> > you somehow managed to miss during your life.
> > People like you, who behind the wheel think
> they
> > can get away with behavior they would never,
> ever
> > dream of trying face-to-face, do so at their
> own
> > risk - there are people like me out there, and
> you
> > have no idea who we are until it's too late.
> > Something to think about when you're
> tailgating,
> > leaning on your horn, and generally begging for
> a
> > fight.
>
>
> A charge of aggravated assault is a Felony, and
> will have a negative impact on your life after I
> charge you with this crime.

Cops don't "charge" anyone, they arrest people and the DA decides what - if any - charges to bring. And why did you capitalize "felony?"

Posted by: Officer Friendly ()
Date: November 12, 2017 08:02PM

The police are being given new Powers, and the ability to make the tough choices like never before.

Posted by: You honk ()
Date: November 12, 2017 09:54PM

I stop. And take 5 mins from your day.

Wanna escalate, then I finger my ak pistol in my center console and dream about putting 30 rounds into your car.

K

Posted by: JYWMT ()
Date: November 13, 2017 07:56AM

> http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/drivers/
> vadm/vadm2-7b.asp
>
> Left turn on red: You may turn left at a red light
> if you are on a one-way street and turning left
> onto another one-way street. Come to a complete
> stop and proceed with caution. You may not turn
> while the light is red if a sign prohibits it. You
> must yield to all oncoming traffic and
> pedestrians.

And if one chooses drive aggressively, which includes intimidation and harassment in the below link
https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title46.2/chapter8/section46.2-868.1/
which one can at minimum can be cited for, it is best you yourself not drive and have others drive you, and instead use either transit, buses and trains which are limited in the VA suburbs, or Lyft or Uber which most of the time a car can be at your door within 10 minutes.

Posted by: mmmmm ()
Date: November 14, 2017 12:48PM

When you are on a one street and the intersecting street is a one way street????????????????????? Maybe

Posted by: pejjn ()
Date: November 14, 2017 11:39PM

Think Twice Wrote:
> > To the people who give me dirty looks - learn
> the
> > rules of the road!
>
> You should know that, in doing so, you may likely
> run into someone like me, who has absolutely no
> issue getting out of his car and challenging you
> to a fight. If you're the coward you sound like
> (99.5% are), you'll cower in your car. If you
> aren't, I'll enjoy using my 20 years of fight
> experience teaching you the basic etiquette lesson
> you somehow managed to miss during your life.
> People like you, who behind the wheel think they
> can get away with behavior they would never, ever
> dream of trying face-to-face, do so at their own
> risk - there are people like me out there, and you
> have no idea who we are until it's too late.
> Something to think about when you're tailgating,
> leaning on your horn, and generally begging for a
> fight.

WRONG ASSHOLE. it's also whether your worth the effort.

%90 of them that would have gotten out and kicked your ass THOUGH NO - HE'S A DICKHEAD, AND NOT WORTH IT, AND NO MONEY IN IT - TYPICAL DICKHEAD

Posted by: wvdhg ()
Date: November 14, 2017 11:42PM

> trying face-to-face

what's true is you are no joke: they never say it to your face

democrats run all of their crooked targeting schemes in a monologue and lie to your face, and only let their true intentions be known is when an officer has a gun to your head: it's called "fairfax county governing"

Posted by: mjmm4 ()
Date: November 14, 2017 11:44PM

Officer Friendly Wrote:
> Think Twice Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > To the people who give me dirty looks - learn
> > the
> > > rules of the road!
> >
> > You should know that, in doing so, you may
> likely
> > run into someone like me, who has absolutely no
> > issue getting out of his car and challenging
> you
> > to a fight. If you're the coward you sound
> like
> > (99.5% are), you'll cower in your car. If you
> > aren't, I'll enjoy using my 20 years of fight
> > experience teaching you the basic etiquette
> lesson
> > you somehow managed to miss during your life.
> > People like you, who behind the wheel think
> they
> > can get away with behavior they would never,
> ever
> > dream of trying face-to-face, do so at their
> own
> > risk - there are people like me out there, and
> you
> > have no idea who we are until it's too late.
> > Something to think about when you're
> tailgating,
> > leaning on your horn, and generally begging for
> a
> > fight.
>
>
> A charge of aggravated assault is a Felony, and
> will have a negative impact on your life after I
> charge you with this crime.

in the 1980's it WAS NOT A FELONY

it was during Bill Clinton that "typical white fights" (where no-one dies) became a crime and or felony. it was used as an excuse to arrest and terrorize white republicans who didn't realize the law had changed

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.