HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mystery Graveyard Leaves Few Clues for County; Public Works is seeking information on the bodies buried near Coles District Volunteer Fire and Rescue Station.
Posted by: Mystery Graveyard ()
Date: April 13, 2014 05:26AM

Mystery Graveyard Leaves Few Clues for County
Public Works is seeking information on the bodies buried near Coles District Volunteer Fire and Rescue Station.
http://woodbridge-va.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/mystery-graveyard-leaves-few-clues-for-county

There’s an abandoned cemetery near the Coles District Volunteer Fire and Rescue Stationwith graves that have been left unmarked over time, and the Prince William Public Works Department needs help in identifying who might be buried there.

“First and foremost, what we want to do is identify who’s in the cemetery,” said Matthew Corneliussen, an engineer with the Facilities Construction Management division of the County’s Public Works Department. “We’re just looking to find family members of people who may be buried there.”

Public Works officials have determined that they are looking for people who might know anything about the Norman or Tinsill families in particular, or anyone who might know something about the graveyard generally. “We’re sort of putting a call out for anybody who knows any information about the cemetery,” Corneliussen said. “Through courthouse records and genealogy records, there’s potential that there may be additional families. That’s why we’re hoping that if anyone knows anything about it, they’ll come forward and share that information with us.”

The little graveyard with 12 to 14 graves isn’t unknown to people, Corneliussen said. The Prince William Historic Commission examined and documented the site about 20 years ago. There are a few headstones and footstones to attest to some of the burial plots, but indentations in the ground indicate that there are also other graves in the cemetery.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Matthew Corneliussen at 703-792-5296 or Lou Ann Dorrier at 703-792-6674.

The cemetery is located near the site where the new Coles District Volunteer Fire and Rescue Station is scheduled to be completed by late 2015.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mystery Graveyard Leaves Few Clues for County; Public Works is seeking information on the bodies buried near Coles District Volunteer Fire and Rescue Station.
Posted by: ? and the Historians ()
Date: April 13, 2014 11:15AM

Civil War-era contractors killed illegal workers and dumped them there after work on the nearby saltpeter processing plant was finished...

Re: Mystery Graveyard Leaves Few Clues for County; Public Works is seeking information on the bodies buried near Coles District Volunteer Fire and Rescue Station.
Posted by: Joe Citizen ()
Date: April 13, 2014 12:25PM

? and the Historians Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Civil War-era contractors killed illegal workers
> and dumped them there after work on the nearby
> saltpeter processing plant was finished...

Just think, if they hadn't "offed" those contractors at the time, they would have multiplied and added about 500 offsprings by now. It's a good thing that they were taken care of when they were.

Posted by: Bible answer man wrote ()
Date: April 13, 2014 12:27PM

Joe Citizen Wrote:
> ? and the Historians Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Civil War-era contractors killed illegal
> workers
> > and dumped them there after work on the nearby
> > saltpeter processing plant was finished...
>
>
> Just think, if they hadn't "offed" those
> contractors at the time, they would have
> multiplied and added about 500 offsprings by now.
> It's a good thing that they were taken care of
> when they were.

Reminds of the bible passage that speaks about the workers in the field and jesu' love for the birds.

Posted by: EvLDn ()
Date: April 14, 2014 07:13PM

There’s an abandoned cemetery near the Coles District Volunteer Fire and Rescue

----------------------------
bullshit they hid the documents and are advertising hoping no one knows

Posted by: been ()
Date: April 14, 2014 07:41PM

They should start building, say, a high school sports field on the site. Stand back and "family" will start coming out of the woodwork.

Posted by: thisisajokeright ()
Date: April 15, 2014 12:35PM

I just love mysteries like this!!!

Posted by: wkevw ()
Date: April 15, 2014 12:41PM

i'm sure it's in the zoning maps they are lying

as if one could zone a fire dept nextdoor to a cemetary and say the records were never seen or never ...

-------------------------
they are advertising they lost the land records they can't have. if no one complains they steal the graves

get the damn democrats out

and it's not that i care abotu kicking skulls so much as i do the impilcations of "milli vanilli" stealing land by falsifying zoning records

these people are a terror

Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: April 15, 2014 12:52PM

There is an abandoned sanitarium that I went to in the 90's. I think it's called Glenn Dale Hospital.

We went at night, pitch-black inside. It was fun and pretty spooky.

Posted by: tw9Vj ()
Date: April 16, 2014 06:22PM

you mean saint elizabeth's ?

the Dept. of Homeland Security is now in that building

Posted by: EX-plorer ()
Date: April 16, 2014 07:39PM

Rockhound Wrote:
> There is an abandoned sanitarium that I went to in
> the 90's. I think it's called Glenn Dale
> Hospital.
>
> We went at night, pitch-black inside. It was fun
> and pretty spooky.

I went there too in the very early nineties, very cool to explore and creepy off the charts but on our third trip got caught by law enforcement. It was a long, no fun after that. Never went back. Their security is armed and very jumpy. Awesome exploration, still have some little things i picked up there. All said its not worth getting caught in there though.

Posted by: thisisajokeright ()
Date: April 17, 2014 01:06PM

EX-plorer Wrote:
> Their security is armed and very jumpy.

Shit, I'd be jumpy too if I were watching an abandoned hospital!!!

Posted by: Ex-plorerr ()
Date: April 17, 2014 06:52PM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> EX-plorer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Their security is armed and very jumpy.
>
> Shit, I'd be jumpy too if I were watching an
> abandoned hospital!!!

It is completely fucking uber-creepy. Down in the steam tunnels that connect the buildings is about the scariest shit I've ever experienced. The morgue too.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.