HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Police Chase and Accident on Union Mill Road
Posted by: LRR Mom ()
Date: April 08, 2014 06:29PM

Do we know who was involved in the high speed chase and accident? Do we know if the kids and the police officer are ok?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Police Chase and Accident on Union Mill Road
Posted by: LRR Mom ()
Date: April 08, 2014 06:48PM

This is what I have heard. 3-4 kids from CVHS stole a car. The police got involved, they went on a high speed chase on Union Mill Road. Both the police car and the kids crashed at the corner of Union Mill Road and Stonecroft Drive. One of them crashed into a tree. Don't know about the other one. I heard drugs were involved.
Don't know how accurate any of this is.

Posted by: Chief.Wiggum, FCPD ()
Date: April 08, 2014 06:48PM

The kids are all dead. The police officer is in critical condition.

Posted by: FCPD PIO ()
Date: April 08, 2014 07:04PM

Chief.Wiggum, FCPD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The kids are all dead. The police officer is in
> critical condition.

That's correct, all four juveniles are dead due to blunt force trauma.

Posted by: BangBang ()
Date: April 08, 2014 07:12PM

Check for bullet holes. I saw that on TV once. Cops dont like to have to chase you,

Posted by: LRR Hostage ()
Date: April 08, 2014 09:36PM

It was at at Stonefield and Union Mill.
Nobody's dead. Minor damage to both cars.

Posted by: The Truth of Cville ()
Date: April 09, 2014 02:54PM

No one was killed... The driver was in fault when he stole a car to pick up the other 3 friends. They all planned to play basketball. Unknowingly the 3 other passengers entered the car. when police received reports of a stolen vehicle,the driver immediately sped up causing the chase down union mill. The driver attempted to make a hard turn into LRR at high speed which caused the car to hit a tree. The driver fled the vehicle into the neighborhood where he was found hiding and arrested by the police. The passengers are fine and the driver will likely receive charges. Word of advice: don't say stupid lies when you don't even know the real information

Posted by: these fools ()
Date: April 10, 2014 06:27PM

the driver almost ran me off the road on new braddock. out of no where this dark grey toyota comes flying up on my rear bumper going like 80+mph. i immediately got over. i thought the guy had road rage until i realized there were two police chasing him.

Driver Charged After Police Chase, Crashes Car Into Tree
Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: April 12, 2014 04:48AM

Driver Charged After Police Chase, Crashes Car Into Tree
http://centrevilleindependent.com/driver-charged-after-police-chase-crashing-car-into-tree/

A Centreville teenager faces charges after leading a police officer on a two-mile chase Tuesday afternoon by the Union Mill community and eventually crashing the car into a tree, according to Fairfax County Police.

Brandon Gilliam, 18, of Centreville, was charged with grand auto theft, speeding to elude, petty larceny and hit-and-run.

The chase began at 4:33 p.m., after FCPD Sully District Officer Joseph Shields noticed that there was no tag on the front of a vehicle passing by the Union Mills area. The quick-thinking officer managed to see the tag on the back of the car and realized that it was stolen. He signaled for the driver to pull over, but Gilliam allegedly led him on chase right up until the time that his car crashed into a tree near Stonefield Drive and Union Mill Road. There were three passengers inside. All four were taken into custody.

The stolen tag was linked to a rash of vehicle larcenies over the weekend near Little Rocky Run, police said.

Posted by: Someone ()
Date: April 19, 2014 03:06AM

Wasn't the driver the white guy not Gilliam?

Posted by: Joe Citizen ()
Date: April 19, 2014 05:37AM

It looks like they cited him for 5 offenses.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/crime/arrest.txt

They stated Mr. Gilliam as living on St. Germain. It's no myth that that area is riddled with criminals.

Posted by: Okay ()
Date: April 19, 2014 12:39PM

How much jail time is he facing if found guilty.

Posted by: Nayarit ()
Date: April 19, 2014 07:42PM

With Mr.Gilliam's case, will his punishment be severe, as in giving him many years in prison or jail, or will there be a less severe punishment for him? There are many different stories about the case, and the people involved are mostly putting all the blame on Mr.Gilliam, though he wasn't the one who stole the car, but was the one driving. Will there be any punishment for the people that were also involved due to the fact that they also contributed to this event.

Posted by: BDC ()
Date: April 19, 2014 08:45PM

It is not possible to tell what the outcome will be without knowing the exact details that surround the incident. What you hear from the media most likely does not include all of the details that would be pertinent in whether or not an individual is charged with a crime such as grand larceny (VA does not have a grand theft auto, but is instead differentiated between petit and grand larceny). Grand larceny is a felony punishable up to 20 years in prison. Throw in additional charges such as eluding police, can add additional years. In VA, there are also multiple components to eluding, two of which were violated in this case. Simply eluding police, either on foot or in a vehicle when the officer signals for you to stop, is a Class 2 Misdemeanor. Eluding police and endangering a police vehicle is a separate charge, which is a Class 6 felony.

Posted by: CPTG ()
Date: April 20, 2014 11:04PM

To be honest Brandon is getting set up for stealing yes he drove the car but the car was stolen by someone else. Like I really hope he doesn't get a lot time in jail. He's a young boy who made a mistake and yeah it's so wrong for him and his friends to act that ways but if all the other kids aren't getting trouble just because "they didn't know" (which that's bullshit) then Brandon shouldn't get a lot of time in jail. He's been out all the blame for everything and the police are really going to believe the other kids because they're minors/ some white or whatever reason it is. It's stupid the 4 of them should be getting some sort of trouble not just one. Kids this is an example on to not trust anyone because you own "friends" will turn their back on you when you're in need of help. Praying for Brandon Gilliam everyday. We all deserve 2nd chances. Hopefully his sentence is not harsh. He's too young and really should get another chance to make his life better and make things better for the people he hurt the most. His mom, girlfriend, and bestfriend I'm sure are the most hurt and shocked by this. Feel bad for all of them. Hopefully he realizes in the time he's locked up who's really his real friends and who really loves and cares about him and will be there for him no matter what.

Posted by: No Excuses ()
Date: April 20, 2014 11:20PM

It appears that this kid knew that the car was stolen, as evidenced by the high speed chase - which endangered a whole lot of innocent people. Under the circumstances, it is hard to feel sympathy for him. This went way beyond 'boys will be boys' and youthful hijinks. Some people have to learn the hard way.

Posted by: Not making excuse ()
Date: April 20, 2014 11:51PM

You're missing the point on that he wasn't the one who stole the car. He's being charged for something that he knew but didn't do. Hello they all knew the damn car was stolen any who got in that car and "didn't" the car was stolen is obviously lying and naive to actually believe that big lie. The one guy (not mentioning names) who picked them up 1) has a doesn't have his license to be driving 2) doesn't have the money to afford the a car like that and 3) it's a crack addict with a record and it's automatically Brandon's fault that he "stole" the car because he was the I deriving. Like come on people we can't really that naive to believe that these kids didn't know they all knew and they all should be doing some time not just one.

Posted by: You Miss The Point ()
Date: April 21, 2014 12:22AM

Not making excuse Wrote:
> You're missing the point on that he wasn't the one
> who stole the car. He's being charged for
> something that he knew but didn't do. Hello they
> all knew the damn car was stolen any who got in
> that car and "didn't" the car was stolen is
> obviously lying and naive to actually believe that
> big lie. The one guy (not mentioning names) who
> picked them up 1) has a doesn't have his license
> to be driving 2) doesn't have the money to afford
> the a car like that and 3) it's a crack addict
> with a record and it's automatically Brandon's
> fault that he "stole" the car because he was the I
> deriving. Like come on people we can't really that
> naive to believe that these kids didn't know they
> all knew and they all should be doing some time
> not just one.

The point here is not that he should be charged because he was in a stolen car, but because he endangered lives through his reckless attempt to evade the police.

A stolen car can be replaced, but the potential lives lost as a result of his dangerous driving cannot.

Posted by: Time to Grow Up ()
Date: April 21, 2014 12:35AM

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what anyone else knew or did. They weren't caught. This kid was. He knew that the car was stolen and he engaged in a high speed chase. That is on him. Old fart phrase - 'don't do the crime if you can't do the time'. The boy has to take responsibility for what he did. That is how you grow as a person. Making excuses will not help him.

Posted by: high speed ()
Date: April 22, 2014 04:18PM

There is no reason for these high speed chases, you cant out run a radio, just call ahead for another cop.
same thing happened to a parent who died when Nick rousos was principle at the kids school, devistated the school community.
no reason for it, cops need to back off these chases

Posted by: awjfksf ()
Date: April 22, 2014 05:52PM

They sould do the world a favor take him out back and put him down. The world is a much better place without people like that.

Posted by: LZ ()
Date: April 22, 2014 06:42PM

It's funny how you guys are here commentary about a situation/case that you guys don't even know the full story to or what's going to happen. You guys should do yourself a favor and get a life instead of commentary stupidity. I'm sure most of you guys are in your 30s+ with kids, instead of wasting your time talking about a case that you all know nothing about go spend time with your kids which I'm sure they're doing the same things or worst just not getting caught by the police. And no honey the world is a much better place without nosy people like y'all making up stories and lies.

Posted by: Stfuuc ()
Date: April 22, 2014 08:33PM

LZ is prob a single mom to one of the shit bags or a soon to be single babies momma of one of them

Posted by: True ()
Date: April 22, 2014 09:02PM

Stfuuc Wrote:
> LZ is prob a single mom to one of the shit bags or
> a soon to be single babies momma of one of them

Ummm actually no dumbass I'm not a single mom nor soon to be single baby momma of one of them. Exactly my point proven idiot you're here commentary when you don't know anything real. I'm a student from Centreville. Go on me all you want I don't care to be honest. I'm just saying that you guys are here commentary about something no one really knows what's going on or what will happen. Only people who really know are him, his lawyers, family, and girlfriend.

Posted by: The fuck ()
Date: April 23, 2014 12:38AM

ya'll niggas are really probably like 30-40 years old and you're saying shit like "someone should just put him down. we don't need people like him in this world."??? you're talking about some nigga that's about 20-30 years younger than you... think about that for a moment. do you feel good about yourself? people like you need to know their place. the only thing anyone really knows, except for the 3 other people involved, is what is told by the article online. so stop making up bullshit stories like "their all dead". ya'll don't know shit.

Posted by: Sad, Really... ()
Date: April 23, 2014 01:09AM

Well, guess I've been schooled.

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: April 23, 2014 10:13AM

His lawyer is being paid for by our tax dollars..... He's already a drain. Stealing cars before he's 20, almost sad. he will be a felon after this and will not be able to get a job and he will be spending the rest of his life in and out of jail, on welfare on our dime. His mom should have listened to her mom and got the abortion.

Posted by: Really sad ()
Date: April 23, 2014 10:15AM

I hope to God he does not have kids.

Posted by: don't go easy on him ()
Date: April 23, 2014 10:07PM

this guy was totally out of control. i was unfortunate enough to be right in front of him before he went out of control on union mill. scared the s h i t out of me and my young child in the car.

a vehicle can be a weapon. he's lucky he didn't hurt anyone.

Posted by: KVFte ()
Date: April 24, 2014 09:00PM

i'm sure the officer feels terrible

you let them go they might kill someone or be fleeing felon you wish you'd not have let go had you known (evading police). chase them also a danger.

if high speed being not worth it - been a topic for a while. maybe a different approach altogether is needed that's not yet been tried

in some jurisdictions i could swear they are wrecking police cars intentionally for kickback. not in this area, no. (they just sell cars fleets at a time?)

--------------------------------
i have no idea why they don't shoot the radiator (with a quiet rubber arrow let's say)

there has to be a way which doesn't involve gov installing "vehicle disablers" that is "fair and balanced"

Posted by: Burning tax dollars ()
Date: April 24, 2014 09:56PM

Ummm actually no dumbass I'm not a single mom nor soon to be single baby momma of one of them. Exactly my point proven idiot you're here commentary when you don't know anything real. I'm a student from Centreville. Go on me all you want I don't care to be honest. I'm just saying that you guys are here commentary about something no one really knows what's going on or what will happen. Only people who really know are him, his lawyers, family, and girlfriend.

From your lack of knowledge involving basic grammar, it's obvious you're a Centreville student.

"Only people who really know are him, his lawyers, family, and girlfriend."

Lawyers, plural? Gotta LOL at that...

Posted by: Y'all are fools ()
Date: April 25, 2014 10:50AM

Lol nigga you don't know if he has more than one lawyer.

Posted by: So sad ()
Date: April 25, 2014 12:57PM

Brandon has caused lots of hurt and pain for everybody involved. This message is for you Brandon, you have cause pain to your family and people all around you for over 18 years even before you were born. Look at this mess you are causing, it's going to be sadness and pain for you the rest of your life. It's hopeless Brandon. It's time you stop causing pain for people. Think about it Brandon how can you stop this? Hanging yourself is the only option.

Posted by: So sad ()
Date: April 25, 2014 12:59PM

Have fun sucking dick in jail bud.

Posted by: Buuuuuuuuuuuu ()
Date: April 25, 2014 09:35PM

Posted by: True ()
Date: April 26, 2014 03:41PM

Niggas gonna nig

Posted by: Sooooo sad ()
Date: April 26, 2014 11:48PM

YOU ALLL who are saying shit like your mom should've listened to her mom about having an abortion, hanging yourself is an option, have fun sucking dicks in jail, and stupid comments like are F U C K I N G STUPID. That nigga is probably about 20-30 years younger than you old pieces of shit. I bet you all are white too sadly. Get a life and worry about yourself not some nigga who not her to defend himself. Smh people of centreville/fairfax county. Disgusting let's talk about the world would be a better place without people like you all nosy, hypocritical, dumbasses etc.

Posted by: wowwo ()
Date: April 28, 2014 01:36PM

Nothing wrong with being white. Being a worthless, ignorant, NIGGER like Brandon is something to be ashamed about.

I have seen ignotnat nigger white people too.

Posted by: Brandon M ()
Date: December 25, 2014 04:07AM

I was In the accident and no one got killed I was ok I gust broke my chest and the other thee boys where a little injured one broke it nose one hurt its arm and leg and one ran as soon as we hit the tree I went to the his piddle as so did the other two but one with a bloody nose that's it so take it Frome me no one was killed

Posted by: judo 2002 ()
Date: December 25, 2014 07:57AM

This guy is white? God, what an embarrassment; acting like a nigger.

Posted by: Grammar Policeman ()
Date: December 25, 2014 09:55PM

Brandon M Wrote:
> I was In the accident and no one got killed I was
> ok I gust broke my chest and the other thee boys
> where a little injured one broke it nose one hurt
> its arm and leg and one ran as soon as we hit the
> tree I went to the his piddle as so did the other
> two but one with a bloody nose that's it so take
> it Frome me no one was killed

Santa called and he's sending a late Christmas present. A period. Jesus Fing Christ find it on your keyboard.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.