HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
McDonnell Charges Should be Dropped Say Former VA Democrat Attorneys General
Posted by: Washington Post ()
Date: April 06, 2014 11:43AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/ex-va-attorneys-general-say-corruption-charges-against-mcdonnell-should-be-tossed/2014/04/03/1ea3da72-bb46-11e3-96ae-f2c36d2b1245_story.html

Five former Virginia attorneys general want the federal corruption charges against Robert F. McDonnell thrown out, arguing in a filing Wednesday that there is nothing illegal about what the former governor is accused of doing for a wealthy Richmond businessman.

But the filing, like many others before it, could subtly educate Spencer and the public on defense attorneys’ view of the case.

It also demonstrates that McDonnell and his wife, Maureen, still enjoy broad, bipartisan public support.

Written by lawyers William H. Hurd and Stephen C. Piepgrass of the Troutman Sanders firm, the brief was signed by Andrew P. Miller, J. Marshall Coleman, Mary Sue Terry, Stephen D. Rosenthal and Mark L. Earley — Republican and Democratic attorneys general spanning three decades in office.

Andrew Miller, Mary Sue Terry, Stephen D. Rosenthal are all Democrats.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McDonnell Charges Should be Dropped Say Former VA Democrat Attorneys General
Posted by: twb ()
Date: April 06, 2014 11:58AM

It was nothing but a witch hunt anyway. The Dems know if it goes to trial they'll
only continue to make asses of themselves.

Re: McDonnell Charges Should be Dropped Say Former VA Democrat Attorneys General
Posted by: Progress ()
Date: April 06, 2014 12:07PM

He won't be able to run against Mark Warner, mission accomplished.

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: April 06, 2014 12:08PM

Five dems call bullshit, Hey Gerry, now that shit is funny.

Posted by: Twisting ()
Date: April 06, 2014 12:21PM

Gerry never goes against the party. Ever. It's as if he doesn't have a single, original thought. So it will be funny to see what spin he can craft to explain his thoughts on this.

Posted by: Confuzed ()
Date: April 06, 2014 01:05PM

McDonnell was posing a threat to the Dems, so they had to take him out....

With the NSA/IRS - all the Dems have to do is ask Obama to pull some strings and POOF - threat eliminated.....

David Petraeus, McDonnell, the countless Generals fired for BS reasons (phony gambling chips???), Bridgegate...etc etc....

They're desperately trying to get Scott Walker in Wisconsin.....they cannot stand him - he's been slashing taxes and the state is bringing in MORE tax revenue....it's enough to make a Dem's head explode....

Meanwhile our dear governor Mcaullife keeps having to be reigned in by his handlers - his sleaziness keeps showing through....

Like trying to sell 1 on 1 time with him and his wife - publicly advertised bribery: http://www.newsleader.com/article/20140404/OPINION03/304040013/Letter-No-donations-no-attention-

Posted by: Payoffs payoff ()
Date: April 06, 2014 02:00PM

I'd like to know how much McDonnell had to pay for this.

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: April 06, 2014 02:13PM

I wonder how much he will sue the fed govt.fot the bullshit charges?

Posted by: Jewbamacare ()
Date: April 06, 2014 03:04PM

Gerrytard is still trying to figure out why he's been promoting Jew policies for so long.

Posted by: Follow the Money ()
Date: April 06, 2014 03:11PM

Lawyers defending lawyers. Big surprise.

"Future governors, the filing says, might be reluctant to invite state business leaders on foreign trade missions or to host campaign donors at the governor’s mansion, things that are now routine."

Imagine that! Campaign donors might not be able to buy access to the Governor's mansion. They're right on one thing - it is now routine.

“'Future Attorneys General will be well-advised to caution their Governors (and other elected officials) not to meet with campaign contributors unless they can affirmatively demonstrate that they are granting equal access to those who gave no contribution or who contributed to the other side,' the filing says."

The Governor might have to meet with non campaign donors to demonstrate impartiality. The horror!

I guess only 'the little people' should be persecuted - like the chef the McDonnells fingered for stealing food.

Posted by: Liberal Idiot ()
Date: April 06, 2014 03:35PM

Follow the Money Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lawyers defending lawyers. Big surprise.

You're retort is idiotic. Obama and Holder are lawyers, too. Will they defend McDonnell?

Posted by: Teabagger Idiot ()
Date: April 06, 2014 04:20PM

Liberal Idiot Wrote:
> Follow the Money Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lawyers defending lawyers. Big surprise.
>
> You're retort is idiotic. Obama and Holder are
> lawyers, too. Will they defend McDonnell?

Almost too stupid to reply to. Buy hey... First, it's 'your', moron. And I could just as well have written 'politicians defending politicians'. Both are egotistical, subhuman life forms defending their corrupt practices. That's what they do. They are not defending McDonnell; they're defending their way of life. Awaiting your stupid response...

Posted by: Liberal idiot ()
Date: April 06, 2014 09:25PM

Teabagger Idiot Wrote:
> Liberal Idiot Wrote:
> -----
> > Follow the Money Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Lawyers defending lawyers. Big surprise.
> >
> > You're retort is idiotic. Obama and Holder are
> > lawyers, too. Will they defend McDonnell?
>
> Almost too stupid to reply to. Buy hey... First,
> it's 'your', moron. And I could just as well have
> written 'politicians defending politicians'. Both
> are egotistical, subhuman life forms defending
> their corrupt practices. That's what they do. They
> are not defending McDonnell; they're defending
> their way of life. Awaiting your stupid
> response...

You got even dumberer (sic). Obama and Holder are politicians, too. Will they defend McDonnell?

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: April 06, 2014 09:34PM

They're not Federal Attorney's, the governor was in violation of Federal Law. They have no jurisdiction nor have been enforcers of federal law.

Throw the book at that corrupt lying Republican.

Posted by: Debbie Downer Democrat XDD ()
Date: April 06, 2014 09:36PM

Whether one wants to write off the charges as B.s. or not, I'm still disturbed by people in office who accept lofty gifts. A tie or a pen set might be one thing, a Rolex and other goodies might have pushed this up over the top a bit.

Again, just my observation on this.

All of the news surrounding theses events as they led up to the election surely didn't provide points towards the GOP. In effect, there was some impact due to lack of trust, etc. at the time.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: April 06, 2014 09:39PM

I'm fine with a Rolex, I'm even fine with letting him take the Ferrari for a spin, take a trip to his vacation home even.

It would be difficult but I could live to accept those things.

50,000 dollar checks left and right? That's where I draw the line.

Posted by: Jewbamacare ()
Date: April 06, 2014 10:04PM

Is it because that money didn't come from Jews like George Soros?

Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: April 06, 2014 10:22PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> I'm fine with a Rolex, I'm even fine with letting
> him take the Ferrari for a spin, take a trip to
> his vacation home even.
>
> It would be difficult but I could live to accept
> those things.
>
> 50,000 dollar checks left and right? That's where
> I draw the line.

Once again, you're a hypocrite.

That is like saying, " I don't mind a little forciblepenetration, but if he sticks it all the way in then it's wrong!".

Posted by: Gerrycrite ()
Date: April 06, 2014 10:30PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> I'm fine with a Rolex, I'm even fine with letting
> him take the Ferrari for a spin, take a trip to
> his vacation home even.
>
> It would be difficult but I could live to accept
> those things.
>
> 50,000 dollar checks left and right? That's where
> I draw the line.

"According to a 2014 event schedule accompanying one of the e-mails, high-end donors can get near-exclusive access to the longtime Clinton fundraiser who collected and spent nearly $40 million in the 2013 governor’s race — almost twice as much as his Republican opponent and by far the most of any gubernatorial candidate in the state’s history.

For $10,000, donors get entry into the Colonial Circle, which entitles them to a ticket to a PAC retreat in early April, a roundtable discussion with Mr. McAuliffe during the summer, a McAuliffe-hosted retreat for the Democratic Governors Association in the fall, and entry for one to a monthly roundtable discussion with “policy experts.”

The benefits ratchet up at $25,000 — the Old Dominion Circle — and $50,000 — the Virginia Circle.

A $100,000 membership in the Governor’s Circle, also entitles donors to two tickets apiece to private spring and fall receptions hosted by Mr. McAuliffe and first lady Dorothy McAuliffe.

Neither Mr. McAuliffe’s office nor Common Good VA responded to multiple requests for comment Tuesday."

Posted by: mFcPJ ()
Date: April 07, 2014 11:20AM

maybe they are not at evidence or testimony yet (the order of which can be change but isn't often)

this appears to be motions after opening but before trial

-----------------------------
my suspicion is you have one rich NJ gov, who did pyramid schemes with gov pay, passing the torch to another NJ gov who does the same

however that is not an issue at this trial

i read the complaint

what is the issue is the complaint did not say who filed nor how who and when the indictment happend which really stops the case then and there.

The second but not un-important issue is the complaint does not complain of anything Bob did that is illegal with respect to the contractor. Bob can accept and use political money but not as bribes: and no bribe was shown in complaint - the contractor was never done a favor the complaint doesn't even say it was. Bob can't use gov money for political reasons: but there was not a dollar spoken of in complaint.

However we know allot of gov workers, and NJ contracts, got shitloads of money. Why isn't any of that complained of? The easy things? I can only guess the people filing the complaint are criminals who are using the courts to "hand off the torch".

Gov graft during his tenure could easily be due to bad employees and yes men rather than Bob himself. Yet that also is not an issue filed.

I do remember denizens of Richmond complaining of foreign invasion, of hostile takeover and marauding, and that they wanted a homeboy in office. Quite clearly.

Posted by: pUxHk ()
Date: April 07, 2014 11:21AM

yet indicating Bob alone and during this particular case, is bullshit

whether it was designed bullshit or not must be a different filing

Posted by: U.S Senator McDonnell ()
Date: April 07, 2014 05:04PM

Nothing but a political ploy to dismantle a rising star. I hope the Democrats can live by their own standard.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: April 07, 2014 06:56PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> They're not Federal Attorney's, the governor was
> in violation of Federal Law. They have no
> jurisdiction nor have been enforcers of federal
> law.
>
> Throw the book at that corrupt lying Republican.

Federal laws do not apply to STATE office holders. The FED has no jurisdiction unless what he did crossed state lines.

Posted by: Nopey Noperson ()
Date: April 07, 2014 09:35PM

U.S Senator McDonnell Wrote:
> Nothing but a political ploy to dismantle a rising
> star. I hope the Democrats can live by their own
> standard.

HA HA! Your trolling is obvious

Posted by: Confuzed ()
Date: April 07, 2014 10:04PM

Nopey Noperson Wrote:
> U.S Senator McDonnell Wrote:
> -----
> > Nothing but a political ploy to dismantle a
> rising
> > star. I hope the Democrats can live by their
> own
> > standard.
>
>
> HA HA! Your trolling is obvious

I don't have the time at the moment to do the proper research on this subject - but I have two examples that come to mind about Dem double standards:

Exhibit A: Dem Senator Bob Mendendez was caught receiving favors (flights on the donor's private jet to parties in Dominican Republic) from a donor 'friend' and spent 87% of his financial assets repaying the favors....Yet no indictment.....While Mendenez claimed he always planned on paying for the favors, and just forgot to repay for the favors - a key point made in the article is: if he knew accepting the favors would cost him 87% of his net worth, why did he accept it??

Side note: the parties Mendendez attended are described as "alcohol-fueled sex parties" which included underage prostitutes.

Do you think guys like this would enjoy sex parties with underage girls? (Donor on left - Mendenez right)

Sources:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/25/emails-show-fbi-investigating-sen-bob-menendez-for-sleeping-with-underage-dominican-prostitutes/

http://www.nationaljournal.com/daily/senator-bob-menendez-spent-up-to-87-of-his-savings-to-repay-donor-for-dominican-republic-flights-20130205

Exhibit B:
Dem Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid....aka "Dingy Harry"....

Dingy Harry was caught paying his granddaughter $31,0000 with campaign funds - felony crime.....

Dingy Harry cut a check for that amount, and that's it....Case closed....No indictment....

To add insult to injury, Dingy Harry commented that people need stop poking into his family's affairs, and enough is enough....Guess he forgot he holds a PUBLIC office....

http://nypost.com/2014/03/28/reid-campaign-cash-paid-to-granddaughter-hits-31000/

http://lonelyconservative.com/2014/03/harry-reid-doesnt-like-reporters-poking-into-his-family-affairs/

anyway - more to come later when I have more time.....Trust me there's plenty of material to cover ;)

Posted by: Debbie Downer Democrat XDD ()
Date: April 07, 2014 11:50PM

The judge refused to allow the statement from the 5 previous attorney generals supporting dropping the trial. The days are getting longer, and sadder for ol' Bob.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 08, 2014 03:38PM

Debbie Downer Democrat XDD Wrote:
> The judge refused to allow the statement from the
> 5 previous attorney generals supporting dropping
> the trial. The days are getting longer, and
> sadder for ol' Bob.

The statement is not as important as the defense addressing the issues in court. The former AG's really have no standing in the case, even if their opinions may or may not make sense.

I think the pay for play stuff is pretty common in all politics, if convicting McD would stop it permanently, I'd be for it. His seems like a pretty garden variety case though.

He'll probably walk after a jury trial.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Bobbymcweasel ()
Date: April 09, 2014 11:31AM

Bobby McBribe is your typical republican scum bag. Glad to see the judge in this case has some common sense.

Posted by: Drop the charges ()
Date: July 28, 2014 10:14PM

Bump

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.