HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Great Zucchini is awful
Posted by: Disgusted ()
Date: April 05, 2014 08:58PM

Never EVER hire The Great Zucchini for any party or support him by attending any of his events. He is one of the most condescending, arrogant, rude, and nasty people I have ever met. I was so absolutely disgusted by his behavior and the way he treated me at a private party that I cannot imagine ever supporting his business again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Great Zucchini is awful
Posted by: Squash Man ()
Date: April 05, 2014 09:01PM

Next time you need a gay stripper, call me. They call me the Squash Man. My vegetable is bigger than the Great Zuc!

Posted by: TpUd4 ()
Date: April 05, 2014 09:04PM

Who in their right mind would hire this douchebag!?!

https://www.facebook.com/thegreatzucchini
Attachments:
2012-12-10-1PhotobySusanKang.jpg

Posted by: Dissent.Jihadist ()
Date: April 05, 2014 11:16PM

Wow...

Well, we hired this guy last year to work my son's party. He was turning 7 and the kids ranged from 5 to 8. They really enjoyed him. I guess he's changed his act.

Posted by: D ()
Date: April 06, 2014 07:31PM

Saw him a few months ago and he was so hungover. Shows are just okay. I wouldn't ever hire him for a party entertainer. No tact

Posted by: honest ()
Date: April 06, 2014 07:38PM

That pic sums it up

Posted by: I Drink, Therefore I Am ()
Date: April 06, 2014 08:03PM

D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Saw him a few months ago and he was so hungover.

Wouldn't you drink, too, if you were an adult whose entertainment career consisted of pandering to an audience of screaming, fidgety mongoloids in training pants while dealing with their obnoxious, overly demanding parents?

I'd probably spend every single night of my life in the company of Jack Daniels if it was me. Shit, it'd probably take me a few shots of liquid enthusiasm just to get my ass out on stage.

Posted by: Krusty the Klown ()
Date: April 06, 2014 09:10PM

I Drink, Therefore I Am Wrote:
> D Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Saw him a few months ago and he was so
> hungover.
>
> Wouldn't you drink, too, if you were an adult
> whose entertainment career consisted of pandering
> to an audience of screaming, fidgety mongoloids in
> training pants while dealing with their obnoxious,
> overly demanding parents?
>
> I'd probably spend every single night of my life
> in the company of Jack Daniels if it was me. Shit,
> it'd probably take me a few shots of liquid
> enthusiasm just to get my ass out on stage.

Woohoohoo. I hear ya, man. And it's even worse if you have a sidekick. Mine is named Bob and he spends more time in prison than actually working.

Posted by: Sidekick ()
Date: April 06, 2014 11:09PM

It's sad that people pay money for this lunatic to perform at a kids party. And he acts like he's the greatest show on earth. I feel sorry for him and his drinking

Posted by: Sidekick 2 ()
Date: April 06, 2014 11:15PM

The Great Zucchini needs to up his game, no pun intended

Posted by: Otter Meister ()
Date: April 06, 2014 11:37PM

Is he sensual or sensuous?

Posted by: et7Dw ()
Date: April 06, 2014 11:42PM

Post columnist Gene Weingarten profiled the Great Zucchini, including a revealing look at his lengthy personal struggles, in 2006. I'm surprised he's still around. From the story it sounds like his success is based largely on his ability to understand what makes children laugh, which isn't necessarily what entertains their parents.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/18/AR2006011801434.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2006/01/19/DI2006011902464.html

Posted by: Sidekick ()
Date: April 06, 2014 11:47PM

@otter meister
Both make me cringe

Posted by: Honestly ()
Date: April 07, 2014 12:32AM

That article explains a lot. How is this guy still in business??

Posted by: Eric knaus ()
Date: April 07, 2014 10:59AM

Hey Guys, just saw this, and I know that when you do 500 shows a year, I can only hope that every single person likes me, but I know that's not possible. Lol. I haven't advertised in years, and been back to homes year after year, so I know that lots of people do enjoy what I do.
A parent brought who I'm friends with, brought this thread to my attention. I'd like to make one thing clear, my friends, I'm not a big drinker at all. I have other vices, smoking, gambling, but luckily, drinking isn't one of them. I've never been hungover at a party, never.
I've done 10,000 shows, and been around for 20 years. I love the parents and kids of the homes I enter, and I'm always thankful for the big crowds that come to my public shows. It's not possible to be as busy as I've been for the duration of my carreer, if I was tough to work with.
Now, this particular parent, was a guest at the party, that came out late, and wanted to walk through the middle of where I was perfuming to sit her kids down. I just simply asked her to take her kids around to the back to get seated, so it wouldn't disrupt what I was doing. Most people get it, but she was upset, and really went off on me after the show, where several parents apologized to me, on her behalf. It didn't have to be a big deal at all.

She, then started having a loud conversation, 2 feet from show, and was taking away from the experience of the kids. This wasn't fair. I had one parent tell me, they've been to lots of bday parties, and has never seen a guest try to butcher the entertainment the way she did.

Also, for those interested, Ryan Reynolds is going to produce a new show called The Great Zucchini, based on me. Fx has bought it, and it's based on the Post article. For those people that don't like me, on here, I welcome, you to come up and say hello sometime. I love meeting new people. Thanks. Your friend, Eric aka The Great Zucchini

Posted by: NCNKY ()
Date: April 07, 2014 11:30AM

Eric knaus Wrote:
> For those people that
> don't like me, on here, I welcome, you to come up
> and say hello sometime. I love meeting new people.
> Thanks. Your friend, Eric aka The Great Zucchini

Thanks for taking the time to respond courteously to an outrageous cheap shot. I hope your business continues to thrive.

Posted by: LO76 ()
Date: April 07, 2014 11:49AM

Great with kids, bad with parents. Not the first time I've heard bad reviews from parents. From what I heard he's not likeable person

Posted by: Sheri Schiff ()
Date: April 07, 2014 01:39PM

My then 3 year old granddaughter and I first saw The Great Zucchini's act 6 years ago. Granddaughter laughed so hard that we attended many of his shows over the next few years until school, scouts and sports took over her schedule. Some of the shows were free public events (White Flint Mall), some paid (Jammin Java), and some charitable events (Knowles Children's library). TGZ even agreed to do a show for military children for us at no expense, something other children's entertainers declined to do. TGZ probably does as many shows for charitable organizations, at no charge, as he does paid events. I've had a number of conversations with him and he is a genuinely nice guy. It's a shame that one disruptive parent would write a such a negative review.

Posted by: xCkK6 ()
Date: April 07, 2014 03:21PM

Interestingly, Yelp has six reviews of The Great Zucchini. Five are unqualified raves by people whose children have seen him and loved him, sometimes more than once, and one trashes him thoroughly for being hungover and rude. I wonder if there is any possibility that there is a Great Zucchini impostor out there? Or maybe the one negative review is from the same person who started this thread?
http://www.yelp.com/biz/great-zucchini-the-washington

Posted by: Enrico 2 lazy 2 sign in ()
Date: April 07, 2014 03:57PM

Original poster you are a douche. Really? Talking loud to disrupt others during an entertainment show!!? It is too bad the host didn't tell you to take your child and leave right away.
Attachments:
untitled.png

Posted by: A.A. ()
Date: April 07, 2014 04:17PM

"I've never been hungover at a party, never."

You know who says overly-defensive stuff like this? Alcoholics. Please get help, Eric.

Posted by: Great and Powerful ()
Date: April 07, 2014 04:44PM

A friend of mine saw him at a birthday party and she said he was demanding and offensive to the hostess before, during, and after the performance. She asked him to leave right after the show and he said he was entitled to stay and handed out his cards to all the parents. The cards probably all were thrown away because my friend said all the parents were angry about his attitude/personality and entitlement issues. I bet the kids enjoyed the show except its the parents that pay. What kind of 'professional' performer would talk down to a paying client? He seems like a jerk

Posted by: eric knaus ()
Date: April 07, 2014 04:49PM

Hey guys, had a show at a preschool, and I'm back in front of computer. It's actually kind of funny, but I got like 7 moms that emailed who saw this thread, and they are like, 'don't respond, it's not worth it on this site'. I guess I just wanted to respond to the last person.

The Washington Post article was one of the top stories in the country when it came out, and Gene Weingarten still thanks me for being so open about my life. He never snooped. Anything in there, I gave him to put in there. I said, 'this is me'. I talked about all my vices. PP, I have many, drinking has never been one of them. You might call it defensive, but if you were called an alcoholic online, by people you don't know, you might want to take a stand, and say, 'wait a second'.

You can call me a couple things, but I'm not a drinker-gambler, smoker, yes. For the record, I've tried to quit cigarettes and I'm almost there, not quite. I'm an open book. Just google me. I don't hide anything about my life.

Like I said, before, It's impossible to do 500 shows a year, every single year, and perform at the white house, vice president's house, and 11 embassies, the world bank, the CIA, the Nsa and be a drinker. My friends, they do background checks. I"m not saying where I've performed to brag, it's because they check me out completely.

Hungover is my look, anyway. When I go out bowling, I always look the same. I'm not sure if anyone saw this, but google The Great Zucchini April Fools Pranks. I was on Channel 8 in a seven minute segment and interview last week, and I looked sloppy on Tv. Ha. It's my look. Youtube it or google it. I think it was a funny segment and was honored they invited me.

I was performing in a nice shirt at 'celebrate fairfax' before and a mom joked to me, 'what happened to your t-shirt. I don't usually dress up. I like to look like my audience. Thanks for your time. I will be performing at Jammin Java this Thursday, btw. It's going to be packed for Spring break, but if your in the area, and have never met me, come on by.

Posted by: Great Z is ok ()
Date: April 07, 2014 05:15PM

My kids saw him and thought he was great. I met him and thought he was a nice guy and more normal then what "The Great Zuchinni" might imply.

For someone to do this many shows and to have kids enjoy it so much he must have a passion for making kids laugh.

As far as how he dresses, he pretty much looks like all the Dad's at these things. Again, I thought he was a pretty normal guy.

I'm glad he responded above. It sucks to think that some loser on this sight could give his reputation and successful career a bad image. Let the kids be the judges. If he wasn't good he wouldn't be working.

OP - you're a dork.

Posted by: C.Everett.Coop ()
Date: April 07, 2014 05:31PM

So, lemme get this straight...

You are a smoker and you work around children? Nice. You are aware of third-hand smoke, right? And don't tell me "I bathe daily...always wear freshly laundered clothes at my shows", etc...If you smoke? The chemicals are on you. If you smoke and you work around children? You're poisoning them. Maybe it's only 2 hours...maybe they go home and Mom and Dad burn Marlboros continuously right there in the living room with the windows closed and they have for years.

You are a smoker and you work around children. This is all I need to know.

Posted by: AA is good ()
Date: April 07, 2014 05:40PM

AA has helped a lot of people. Is denial one of the first steps to recovery? By the looks of him he doesn't shower daily so there is a lot of built up cigarette smoke. Not good for kids

Posted by: Lolol ()
Date: April 07, 2014 05:45PM

The first few comments are hilarious

Posted by: CGHXh ()
Date: April 07, 2014 05:51PM

A.A. Wrote:
> "I've never been hungover at a party, never."
>
> You know who says overly-defensive stuff like
> this? Alcoholics. Please get help, Eric.

It might also be a statement of fact. I, for example, have never put on a lampshade at a party. Saying so doesn't make me defensive about lampshades.

Posted by: TGZ FAN ()
Date: April 07, 2014 06:19PM

By the tone of all these negatives comments, I would not be surprise if the OP is posting under different names. Or maybe got some of their friends to post as well.

I've seen the TGZ four times. Once at the DC Improv and three B-Day parties. MY children adore him and as a matter of fact all the parents in my "Mommmy Group" are fans as well.

Quick note about the DC Improv, we took our four year old, however our seven year old was home sick and couldn't make it. I mentioned this to the TGZ, and he ask for my phone # and called her personally and said;

"I miss having you at the show,next time you come, you can be my first helper."

That absolutely made her day!!

One more thing, the only difference between the TGZ and the person talking about smoking, the TGZ is keeping it real about his flaws. Do you know how many of your children teachers smoke cigarettes or maybe even pot? I'm sure quite a few do and doesn't effect their abilty to teach.

Date: April 07, 2014 07:02PM

TGZ FAN Wrote:
> One more thing, the only difference between the
> TGZ and the person talking about smoking, the TGZ
> is keeping it real about his flaws. Do you know
> how many of your children teachers smoke
> cigarettes or maybe even pot? I'm sure quite a few
> do and doesn't effect their abilty to teach.

I never said smoking affects Eric's ability to entertain children. Or for teachers to educate their students.

What I said was people who smoke and spend time around children are poisoning those children. Even if you're not presently engaged with a cigarette, cigar, pipe, joint, spleef or any other burning vegetable matter while around children, you're exposing them to toxic chemicals. If you smoke and you're around children...you're exposing them to poisons against their will.

As for how many of my childrens' teachers smoke? None. I make it clear I don't want my children around a teacher who smokes at the start of each school year and my school complies with my request. I have seen my childrens' teachers smoking and smelled smoke on them and my children were in different classrooms the following morning.

If you want your children poisoned by smoke...that's your call. So is limiting their exposure.

Posted by: WCw4N ()
Date: April 07, 2014 07:09PM

C.Everett.Coop Wrote:

> As for how many of my childrens' teachers smoke?
> None. I make it clear I don't want my children
> around a teacher who smokes at the start of each
> school year and my school complies with my
> request. I have seen my childrens' teachers
> smoking and smelled smoke on them and my children
> were in different classrooms the following
> morning.
>
> If you want your children poisoned by
> smoke...that's your call. So is limiting their
> exposure.

That's just sanctimonious silliness. That's all that matters to you? You'd rather have your kids taught by an inexperienced, maybe inept teacher who doesn't smoke than a great teacher who smokes at home? And you think your kids benefit from that? I hope your kids aren't in a public school; we shouldn't be using our tax dollars to appease crazy parents. (And I'll bet you're an anti-vaxxer, too, right?) What are you going to do when your kids start smoking to find out what all the fuss was about?

Date: April 07, 2014 07:46PM

WCw4N Wrote:
> C.Everett.Coop Wrote:
> -----
>
> .....
> > As for how many of my childrens' teachers
> smoke?
> > None. I make it clear I don't want my children
> > around a teacher who smokes at the start of
> each
> > school year and my school complies with my
> > request. I have seen my childrens' teachers
> > smoking and smelled smoke on them and my
> children
> > were in different classrooms the following
> > morning.
> >
> > If you want your children poisoned by
> > smoke...that's your call. So is limiting their
> > exposure.
>
> That's just sanctimonious silliness. That's all
> that matters to you? You'd rather have your kids
> taught by an inexperienced, maybe inept teacher
> who doesn't smoke than a great teacher who smokes
> at home? And you think your kids benefit from
> that? I hope your kids aren't in a public school;
> we shouldn't be using our tax dollars to appease
> crazy parents. (And I'll bet you're an
> anti-vaxxer, too, right?) What are you going to do
> when your kids start smoking to find out what all
> the fuss was about?

Public school? God no...

Posted by: Sheri Schiff ()
Date: April 07, 2014 07:53PM

I'm an ex smoker, over 20 years ago, and I didn't know TGZ smoked. I'm amazed since after all these years I smell smoke on smokers. He must not smoke near his performances. I would know. And that's why I smell it on my dear daughter who swears she quit--no way.

Posted by: StrLrn ()
Date: April 07, 2014 08:04PM

This guy is way too defensive to take serious. Brag about your number of shows and audience and it makes you look desperate to impress other people. If you have nothing to hide why are you so defensive? Something doesn't add up.

Posted by: TGZ ()
Date: April 07, 2014 08:11PM

He is a kids performer. Give him a break. What do you assholes do for work? Make people miserable in some way? At least he makes little kids laugh.

Bunch of self righteous assholes here.

Go bitch about AstroTurf or something.

CNN said there was another "ping". Quick! Grab the cheap wine and head for the basement to see if they hear it again

Posted by: LaSapa ()
Date: April 07, 2014 08:16PM

I have met TGZ on several occasions and he is absolutely hilarious for the Pre-K-8 year old crowd. He nails the potty humor thing well. I have also performed for kids over the years and it is easy to criticize the performer from the comfort of your computer chair. No, not everyone is going to love you. Some parents don't get the potty humor because they have forgotten how to be a kid themselves. It isn't easy to get up in front of kids day after day and not lose the attention of a group that has the attention span of zucchini. Who cares if he smokes? What does that have to do with how entertaining he is to kids? It isn't like he is blowing smoke in their faces. Smoking as an adult has nothing to do with being great with kids.
I don't blame Eric for getting defensive or "bragging" because it is all about your reputation in the Children's Entertainment business. I hated parents that had no respect for my "show". It can ruin it for everyone there.
Keep on keeping on Zucchini! :)

Posted by: Hey Eric ()
Date: April 07, 2014 08:54PM

We hired TGZ to perform at a preschool camp for several years, and he was professional, kind to the kids and staff, and very popular with the participants. He was never so much as a minute late, and even offered us a discount price when the budget was tight. The dude makes a good living making kids laugh, so I can see why some jealous posters would feel the twisted need to bring him down.

Eric, you can't win arguing with people who have too much time on their hands, and troll for responses even when they don't have any knowledge about things they speak about. You are better off ignoring their comments and spending your time with things that bring you happiness. I hope the TV show gets off the ground and is a big hit, and that you are doing well.

Posted by: Liza ()
Date: April 07, 2014 09:52PM

I've taken my kids to see The Great Zucchini several times. He's hilarious, endearing and was very professional and nice to me when we spoke after the show. The OP sounds like a rude bitch, honestly.

Posted by: A parent who knows ()
Date: April 07, 2014 09:54PM

Hi,
I hired TGZ for my sons birthday party. He arrived 30 mintues a head of time to set his show up. The guidelines that he gave me for making sure that we received the most out of our event were pretty straight forward, No food NO drinks or toys during the show and please no talking during the show. While I followed the rules that were set forth. The talking did get a little loud. TGZ ask politely if we would stop or carry the conversation in another room with a door shut. I had to laugh but I understood that I was takening away from sons birthday party and the other guess that were there. It was like talking during the movie. Shhhhhhhh. I don't really understand how he is awful. My child laugh so hard for 40 mintues straight it was they best party my son had. If your trolling person please take the time meet TGZ he is very good with kids and parents. The way he dress is part of the act weather or not. He did not smell like smoke he did not smell of booze. And to boot my sister inlaw book him. Thank you TGZ for a wonderful show.

Posted by: Wut A. Tool ()
Date: April 07, 2014 10:54PM

C.Everett.Coop Wrote:
> WCw4N Wrote:
> -----
> > C.Everett.Coop Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > .....
> > > As for how many of my childrens' teachers
> > smoke?
> > > None. I make it clear I don't want my
> children
> > > around a teacher who smokes at the start of
> > each
> > > school year and my school complies with my
> > > request. I have seen my childrens' teachers
> > > smoking and smelled smoke on them and my
> > children
> > > were in different classrooms the following
> > > morning.
> > >
> > > If you want your children poisoned by
> > > smoke...that's your call. So is limiting
> their
> > > exposure.
> >
> > That's just sanctimonious silliness. That's all
> > that matters to you? You'd rather have your
> kids
> > taught by an inexperienced, maybe inept teacher
> > who doesn't smoke than a great teacher who
> smokes
> > at home? And you think your kids benefit from
> > that? I hope your kids aren't in a public
> school;
> > we shouldn't be using our tax dollars to
> appease
> > crazy parents. (And I'll bet you're an
> > anti-vaxxer, too, right?) What are you going to
> do
> > when your kids start smoking to find out what
> all
> > the fuss was about?
>
> Public school? God no...

So how big is the private school that you send your children to that, on several occasions, you "have seen [your]childrens' teachers
smoking and smelled smoke on them and [your] children were in different classrooms the following morning." ?

If what you allege is true, don't you wield enough power to insist on the school firing any teacher who is a smoker?

Posted by: NFOG81 ()
Date: April 07, 2014 11:36PM

To the original poster, thanks for bringing this up. I've met TGZ and he's really intimidating especially to women. Good someone had the nerve to call him out.

Date: April 07, 2014 11:57PM

Wut A. Tool Wrote:
> C.Everett.Coop Wrote:
> -----
> > WCw4N Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > C.Everett.Coop Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > >
> > > .....
> > > > As for how many of my childrens' teachers
> > > smoke?
> > > > None. I make it clear I don't want my
> > children
> > > > around a teacher who smokes at the start of
> > > each
> > > > school year and my school complies with my
> > > > request. I have seen my childrens' teachers
> > > > smoking and smelled smoke on them and my
> > > children
> > > > were in different classrooms the following
> > > > morning.
> > > >
> > > > If you want your children poisoned by
> > > > smoke...that's your call. So is limiting
> > their
> > > > exposure.
> > >
> > > That's just sanctimonious silliness. That's
> all
> > > that matters to you? You'd rather have your
> > kids
> > > taught by an inexperienced, maybe inept
> teacher
> > > who doesn't smoke than a great teacher who
> > smokes
> > > at home? And you think your kids benefit from
> > > that? I hope your kids aren't in a public
> > school;
> > > we shouldn't be using our tax dollars to
> > appease
> > > crazy parents. (And I'll bet you're an
> > > anti-vaxxer, too, right?) What are you going
> to
> > do
> > > when your kids start smoking to find out what
> > all
> > > the fuss was about?
> >
> > Public school? God no...
>
> So how big is the private school that you send
> your children to that, on several occasions, you
> "have seen [your]childrens' teachers
> smoking and smelled smoke on them and [your]
> children were in different classrooms the
> following morning." ?
>
> If what you allege is true, don't you wield enough
> power to insist on the school firing any teacher
> who is a smoker?

I'm reasonable...Nobody needs to be fired for being a smoker. I just don't want them around my children. There's nuance there...try to keep up.

Posted by: suburbanmom ()
Date: April 07, 2014 11:57PM

Kids love TGZ and that's why he does what he does. If you have never met the man or been to his show - you have no idea what you are talking about and you need to go find something better to do with your time.

I am a teacher and tomorrow, we are going to use part of this thread to demonstrate cyberbullying, so if you are a parent that posted negatively on this thread - congratulations. You are setting a fine example to the kids of what not to do.

Posted by: A parent who knows more ()
Date: April 07, 2014 11:59PM

If you're so desperate to get your kid to laugh that you have to hire this clown, you have bigger problems with your kid

Posted by: Alex ferguson ()
Date: April 08, 2014 12:08AM

I've never heard of this guy before reading this forum. I have to say that based on the comments alone I would hire him in a second. Not many people would come on here with their real name and respond to anonymous attackers.

The original poster sounds like a total cunt, I feel sorry that her kids and her ex-husband have to deal with her.

The same goes for the bitch who yanks her kid out of class if she finds out a teacher is a smoker - you're not doing them any favors, and they are probably the least popular kids around.

Posted by: EJpTV ()
Date: April 08, 2014 12:16AM

StrLrn Wrote:
> This guy is way too defensive to take serious.
> Brag about your number of shows and audience and
> it makes you look desperate to impress other
> people. If you have nothing to hide why are you so
> defensive? Something doesn't add up.

He's responding to posts by people who accuse him of being a nasty drunk. It's hardly desperate for him to respond to attacks on himself and his livelihood by citing satisfied customers. No entertainer (or author or anybody else) is to everybody's taste, but he's been doing what he does for 20 years. He must be doing something right, or at least not so terribly wrong.

Posted by: Methinks Thou Protest Too Much ()
Date: April 08, 2014 12:20AM

C.Everett.Coop Wrote:
> Wut A. Tool Wrote:
> -----
> > C.Everett.Coop Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > WCw4N Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > C.Everett.Coop Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > >
> > > > .....
> > > > > As for how many of my childrens' teachers
> > > > smoke?
> > > > > None. I make it clear I don't want my
> > > children
> > > > > around a teacher who smokes at the start
> of
> > > > each
> > > > > school year and my school complies with
> my
> > > > > request. I have seen my childrens'
> teachers
> > > > > smoking and smelled smoke on them and my
> > > > children
> > > > > were in different classrooms the
> following
> > > > > morning.
> > > > >
> > > > > If you want your children poisoned by
> > > > > smoke...that's your call. So is limiting
> > > their
> > > > > exposure.
> > > >
> > > > That's just sanctimonious silliness. That's
> > all
> > > > that matters to you? You'd rather have your
> > > kids
> > > > taught by an inexperienced, maybe inept
> > teacher
> > > > who doesn't smoke than a great teacher who
> > > smokes
> > > > at home? And you think your kids benefit
> from
> > > > that? I hope your kids aren't in a public
> > > school;
> > > > we shouldn't be using our tax dollars to
> > > appease
> > > > crazy parents. (And I'll bet you're an
> > > > anti-vaxxer, too, right?) What are you
> going
> > to
> > > do
> > > > when your kids start smoking to find out
> what
> > > all
> > > > the fuss was about?
> > >
> > > Public school? God no...
> >
> > So how big is the private school that you send
> > your children to that, on several occasions,
> you
> > "have seen [your]childrens' teachers
> > smoking and smelled smoke on them and [your]
> > children were in different classrooms the
> > following morning." ?
> >
> > If what you allege is true, don't you wield
> enough
> > power to insist on the school firing any
> teacher
> > who is a smoker?
>
> I'm reasonable...Nobody needs to be fired for
> being a smoker. I just don't want them around my
> children. There's nuance there...try to keep up.

No nuance that I missed. You are obviously so anti-smoking that I am surprised that you don't insist on firings. Those teachers are somewhere in the building and your children are in some way exposed to them.

You also did not answer my question as to how large the private school is. If you, for example, have two 5th grade classes, and both of the 5th grade teachers are smokers, how do you have your 5th grader in a different classroom "the following morning"?

For that matter, if you are of the mindset that you portray, why wouldn't you have checked ahead of the school year to find out if your children were to be assigned to a classroom with a teacher who smoked, and gotten that taken care of ahead of time? If your "private school" knew of your insistence, why would they assign your children to be taught by smokers? Maybe our are not getting your money's worth.

Your rant is so full of holes, it sounds like your native language is Swiss, as in the cheese.

By the way, when you say

I don't want my
> children
> > > around a teacher who smokes at the start of
> > each
> > > school year

is it OK with you if they don't smoke at the start of the year, but smoke at some point as the year progresses?

Posted by: another teacher ()
Date: April 08, 2014 12:25AM

Kudos to you! I to am a teacher who has worked with young children for over 10 years. I have seen The Great Zucchini a ton of times, and have always found him to be friendly and profetional.

I'm glad someone brought up fundraisers earlier cuz i've got one for you.
A teacher at our school had to leave because of a cancer diagnosis, missing an extended period of time. The Great Zucchini, who'd been too our school, two years in a row, put on show on a Friday night, which he donated. We charged $10 a ticket, raised a couple thousand dollars, and gave it to our teacher for medical bills. The parents at my shcool will never forget him for this.

The most important thing to know about The Great Zucchini is that the children absolutly love him. He has the magical ability to hold the attiontion, imagination and laughter of children around.

If you're interested, here is a link to The Great Zucchini on the channel 7 news, just last week:

http://www.wjla.com/blogs/lets-talk-live/2014/04/-the-great-zucchini-s-april-fools-day-pranks-21391.html

Posted by: Snoop Lion ()
Date: April 08, 2014 12:33AM

C.Everett.Coop Wrote:
> Nobody needs to be fired for
> being a smoker. I just don't want them around my
> children. There's nuance there...try to keep up.

Your kids need to be around someone as perfect as you all day. Have you thought about homeschooling?

Most likely your daughter will be pregnant at 15.
Your son will be a meth head by 16.

You will be enjoying anal with rectum wrecker by June 2014.

Posted by: teacher back, one more thing ()
Date: April 08, 2014 12:34AM

It's unfortunate that people feel the need to put down public figures behind the shield of a computer screen. Great Zucchini, if you check in again remember, you're a celebraty, stop reading this shit! You think George Clooney reads trash talking internet sites?

p.s. sorry about all typos, it's late and I gotta go to bed

Posted by: GMJvv ()
Date: April 08, 2014 12:50AM

another teacher Wrote:

> If you're interested, here is a link to The Great
> Zucchini on the channel 7 news, just last week:
>
> http://www.wjla.com/blogs/lets-talk-live/2014/04/-
> the-great-zucchini-s-april-fools-day-pranks-21391.
> html

This is a great link. It's pretty clear that he connects with kids because he's something of a big kid himself.

In case it hasn't been posted, he has his own website:
http://www.thegreatzucchini.com/

Posted by: NOVA.Dude ()
Date: April 08, 2014 07:58AM

@suburbanmom: I don't see any cyberbullying here. I see the OP who EXPRESSED AN OPINION which they are entitled to do and I see people supporting TGZ. Are people being rude and disrespectful? Yes...welcome to FairfaxUnderground but, I don't see anything here I'd classify as cyberbullying. If we were all in a room talking to each other face to face, people would be acting and speaking the same way. Welcome to Northern Virginia...buckle your chinstrap.

@ejptv: I still think TGZ is being overly-defensive. Not about his addictions but, about his show. As you said, no entertainment suits everyone's tastes. If (and I don't suspect otherwise) he's been performing for 20 years then that should be enough to convince himself that he's not going to make fans out of everyone. Does Marilyn Manson or even Charles Manson feel the need to defend themselves? And trust me...coming onto a website, especially one like this and trying to passionately defend your business is a waste of time. Hell, this is a site where users flame and make fun of people who die...the more unusual the death the harsher the comments.

All: Just because someone is posting here claiming to be TGZ (even as a registered user) doesn't mean they are actually TGZ. Over the years there have been many people posting here as quasi-famous or local-slightly elevated profile persons along with all the everyday mopes. There's no way for someone to definitively establish their identity here...(well I guess if Eesh "smokes you out" in one of his famous unmaskings)...that is both the blessing and the curse of Fairfax Underground.

Date: April 08, 2014 08:29AM

Wow, I'm literally just checking in for the first time since yesterday afternoon. I wasn't going to check in during the basketball game last night. My friends would never have forgiven me. I can't believe the how much reading I've done this early.

Anyway, I will only say that my repeating the humber of shows I do, with print ads or anything, was just to say that it was not possible to do that for 20 years if I didn't have wonderful interactions with the parents as well. The parents are the ones that bring me in to their homes, bring the kids to my public shows, etc. It doesn't matter how good I am with kids, if I didn't get along with the parents I wouldn't be consistently so busy.
In fact, I've been invited by many parents to events, that don't have kids there, meaning they want me to just come hang. The reason, I consistently said that I do hundreds of shows a year is to state that parents are involved in my success of course, not just the kids.

I've been the subject on threads before, no biggie, I get it. I just like being involved when it's about me. I will say this about the Op. She did tell me specifically at the party that she was going to trash me online. This was told to me, while standing on the patio. Here's the thing, I just asked her to not walk in middle of my show, and disrupt it. Listen, If I let her carry on like that, the show would have suffered the bday mom, who was paying, would of lost out. This particular mom, was awesome, and understood, why I have to control the distractions.

The Op face booked me the same night, and said some colorful things as well. It really reminded of mean girls with Lindsay Lohan. I did feel bullied, but oh, well. I know her full name, because she face booked me, and I'm not posting it here, because it's not worth it. Anyway, my mom told me years ago that, as more publicity start to garner, that I have to really have thick skin. That's a life long work in progress. Haha.

Also, did anyone watch the link posted of me above on channel 7. I think the disheveled look is just me. I didn't know I looked the like the joker so early in the morning.

Oh, one more thing, I've always been pretty open about my feelings, etc. You will always know where I stand. I can't say for certain, but I do believe that Op got some of her friends to post, because she told me that she was going to 'hammer' me, and talk to a couple of her 'peeps' about me as well. Thanks for hearing me. Gotta get ready, on my way to Mclean for a daycare show. Thanks guys. Your bud, Eric aka Gz

Date: April 08, 2014 08:34AM

Sorry, I meant to say that it isn't possible to do 500 shows a year, without advertising, if the parents didn't get along with me. Word of mouth has been amazing. 90 percent of my calls are people being recommended to me by another parent or seeing me themselves, This was important to illustrate, because the people that were saying I don't get along with the adults, it's impossible to have that be true, and be super busy. This was point and not a bragging one. Thanks for listening.

Posted by: TGZH8R ()
Date: April 08, 2014 09:05AM

I don't buy this for one minute. Zuke-dawg, you can talk all you want about protecting the artistic creativity and engagement of your audience all you want but, the bottom line is...You're getting paid whether the host walks through the room or not or does anything else they're "not supposed to do."

I'm a chef downtown...I've spent 17 years developing my recipes. If a customer comes in and says to our waitstaff, "I liked the steak last time but it was too salty...", or "I'm interested in this pasta dish...can I get it without mushrooms, onions and peppers, though?" then our staff knows to come and get me and I'll come out and discuss personally with our customers how they want their meal prepared. At no additional charge to them.

Other chefs I've worked with at other restaurants don't veer at all from their recipes no matter what the customers request.

And you've worked 20 years entertaining kids and made a nice life for yourself running YOUR show YOUR way...tell me, do you have climate demands, red M&M's, no green shirts and other ridiculous contract riders, too? Take a lesson from your audience...lighten up, Zukatollah Khomeni.

Posted by: F R ()
Date: April 08, 2014 09:21AM

Um, Chef, I'm glad you cook because you don't listen. It wasn't the host of this party. He loved the host. It was a guest that came in late, walked right through center of show, instead of going around to the back. Who does that?

Posted by: TGZH8R ()
Date: April 08, 2014 10:07AM

Oh...yeah...well, fuck that guest. Why was he/she even allowed in? Host fail...

Posted by: Guest at the party ()
Date: April 08, 2014 10:21AM

I was at the party TGZ is talking about. Every kid had so much fun watching his show. He's great with kids, has a gift. The bday mom didn't pay for the party. She had the party at someone else's house and that person paid. I did see TGZ ask that person to leave the room during the show. Later that person didn't have anything good to say about him so maybe something happened before the show too. He did piss off the paying customer. I met the other mom he's talking about a few times. She's really nice and was friendly with everyone else at the party. I didn't hear the conversation with this mom and TGZ. Another mom told me TGZ started it and they were both rude and childish and that's what you get with a kid performer. I did see TGZ and the bday mom being dramatic and then he stormed away. The bday mom has a reputation for trouble and being not responsible and being dramatic. I don't know if I would hire him. The kids loved him only if I'm paying I wouldn't want him to be rude to me or the other kids or adults

Posted by: huge GZ fan ()
Date: April 08, 2014 11:37AM

My kids and I almost follow him like the Grateful Dead. I've been to many, many shows, and I totally get why he has to eliminate distractions. I'm not a teacher anymore, but I use to be, and if the chef thinks that you can compare being in a restaurant to working with pre-schoolers, he is way off base. The Great Zucchini wouldn't be half as successful as he is if he allowed children to get distracted by outside elements. The show would suffer if he performed in the middle of chaos. Remember, his audience is primarily 7 and under, you have to create a tunnel vision for this age group, and that's what he does. He's actually asked me, politely, to keep it down at a show before, but I get it. My kids think he's great, and so do I!

Posted by: Party guest ()
Date: April 08, 2014 01:12PM

Ok, this is my 1st time posting, but have been following this thread from the beginning. I didn't want to get involved, but I had no choice after seeing the PP, who claimed to be there. I would bet my right leg that it's the op, herself, or a friend.

I was also at the party, and that pp is absolutely lying. I, overheard the party mom, twice, apologize to Gz, for her sister's behavior. The party mom, also told Gz that my kid only laughs at your shows, and was thrilled with him.

I talked to other moms that thought the op, made a big deal out of bringing the late comers to the back. It's understandable, since he gets the trust of his audience from the beginning of show, and the op barges in front of him, to sit a 2 year old right up front. It's too 'in your face' for a 2 year old before gaining the comfortability of the performer.

She was demeaning to Zucchini, and he never stormed off, in fact, he stayed to chatter with everyone, just not Op, he was done talking to her. I was also on the patio for tons of the conversation, so I'd be lying if I said I heard the whole thing. I didn't. I did hear the Op say, "I'm going to hammer you on the Internet'

The party mom was thrilled, because the kids were rolling, and she understands why he had to limit talking in the kitchen. The grandman and Op didn't get that, but most of us parents did. My kid loved the show, and I have no doubt that op is sock puppeting.

Posted by: Party guest #3 ()
Date: April 08, 2014 03:56PM

The woman who interrupted the party and caused a completely unnecessary scene was the host's sister in law who has a history of these types of attention-seeking outbursts. Talk about dramatic.

As a guest there, I can confidently say the host was gracious, GZ was a riot and a hit, and the only problem in the entire mix was one whiny, entitled parent with too much time on her hands who didn't get her way so she turned to the internet to air her grievances.

Posted by: PartyGuest#76 ()
Date: April 08, 2014 04:38PM

Nope, I was there and I saw the whole thing...The Great Zucchini completely provoked this situation. That dude needs to learn to do his show, smile, get his check, stop worrying about the thermostat and whether there are toys in the room that might distract from his seriously questionable "awesomeness"...and shut up.

Posted by: Lily M ()
Date: April 08, 2014 04:41PM

I'm Lily (the woman who Eric is addressing), and I just want to state that I'm a miserable cunt. My snot-nosed little brats deserved to tramp right through his performance! I mean, who does he think he is? He's just a performer and I'm an entitled little twat housewife who's never worked a day in her life! I mean, someone I KNOW PAID for this asshole to come to come here and entertain my kids for a few minutes so I could get some free time to do some blow in the bathroom.

How dare Eric attempt to vilify ME! I've never been wrong a day in my life!

Posted by: Enrico 2 lazy 2 sign in ()
Date: April 08, 2014 04:55PM

PartyGuest#76 Wrote:
> Nope, I was there and I saw the whole thing...The
> Great Zucchini completely provoked this situation.
> That dude needs to learn to do his show, smile,
> get his check, stop worrying about the thermostat
> and whether there are toys in the room that might
> distract from his seriously questionable
> "awesomeness"...and shut up.

Are you related to Stacey (Hamburger) Hunsberger?

Posted by: TGZ fan ()
Date: April 08, 2014 05:18PM

I saw this thread days ago and can't understand the attention it got. Everyone knows this site cannot be taken seriously. If you really want to support TGZ then write a review on yelp or his Facebook page. No one comes to this site for real advice. Move on and don't feed into the BS

Date: April 08, 2014 08:50PM

There is truly a special place in hell for the mean and so painfully unhappy people who take to a public forum to bash others simply because they did not get their way. What is it that breeds that sense of entitlement? It sounds to me like the woman who started this needs to get a job or a hobby or a life or some serious medication. Stat.

Posted by: Aw, zip it ()
Date: April 08, 2014 09:56PM

Fairfax Mama of 2 Wrote:
> There is truly a special place in hell for the
> mean and so painfully unhappy people who take to a
> public forum to bash others simply because they
> did not get their way. What is it that breeds that
> sense of entitlement? It sounds to me like the
> woman who started this needs to get a job or a
> hobby or a life or some serious medication. Stat.

Get over yourself, lady. There's no special place in hell for us, at least not for this. I personally think that God (yes, I'm a Christian) has a sense of humor and gives a pass to people like us. Except for GerryTard, of course - he's definitely on God's shit list.

Posted by: Party guest 5 ()
Date: April 08, 2014 10:28PM

Every real person at the party would tell you the dramatic one was the SIL who was trying to take away from singing happy birthday to a 4 YEAR OLD by crying about an argument with the Great Zucchini that she started. She wouldn't let up and she sounded like a miserable person. The kids loved his show, as always, and the birthday mom loved the GZ.

The idiot who said he stormed off was wrong, I saw the birthday mom saying bye to him and thanking him and he even gave a cute t-shirt for the birthday kid.

Posted by: Crazy Ass Byotch ()
Date: April 08, 2014 11:33PM

The Great Zucchini is cool as a cucumber!

Posted by: ChadB ()
Date: April 29, 2014 02:43PM

I've seen TGZ a couple of times. He's always been a smash hit with the kids and was very polite, personable, and professional with the adults. I've never had any suspicion that he was hungover. He does ask that very little kids do no sit in the front and are accompanied by their parents because they sometimes freak out, as very little kids often do. It's a pretty reasonable request and I can't believe anyone would get upset about it to the point of wailing during the singing of Happy Birthday to the child.

If what several others have said about the SIL is true, she needs serious help. I also have to say that C.Everett.Coop's comment about his kids going to public school ("God no" was his response) should say enough about him to discount anything he says (last time I checked Fairfax County had some of the best public schools in the nation). Nice insult to the majority of people on this thread and the majority of people living in Fairfax County.

Gene Weingarten of the Washington Post responded to someone's post about this thread in his April chat. Here's what he wrote:

"Eric and I stay in touch some. A bit. I continue to like him a lot, and he continues to be pretty much the same 'ol Eric. The pettiness in this thread is amazing. I especially love the parent who won't let his/her child be taught by anyone who smokes, because it endangers the child's health.

Also, what kind of an a-hole will call someone an alcoholic, in an anonymous thread? For the record, to my knowledge, Eric drinks only in moderation. I, for example, drank him under the table. And yes, his general look is Hung Over. It comes naturally."

I strongly agree with Gene about the a-holishness of calling someone an alcoholic in an anonymous thread. Unfortunately for the a-hole, your irrational and petty post will not have the intended effect. TGZ remains a hard act to book. He makes a nice living making kids laugh - that must burn you up.

Date: April 29, 2014 04:07PM

ChadB Wrote:
> I've seen TGZ a couple of times. He's always been
> a smash hit with the kids and was very polite,
> personable, and professional with the adults. I've
> never had any suspicion that he was hungover. He
> does ask that very little kids do no sit in the
> front and are accompanied by their parents because
> they sometimes freak out, as very little kids
> often do. It's a pretty reasonable request and I
> can't believe anyone would get upset about it to
> the point of wailing during the singing of Happy
> Birthday to the child.
>
>
> If what several others have said about the SIL is
> true, she needs serious help. I also have to say
> that C.Everett.Coop's comment about his kids going
> to public school ("God no" was his response)
> should say enough about him to discount anything
> he says (last time I checked Fairfax County had
> some of the best public schools in the nation).
> Nice insult to the majority of people on this
> thread and the majority of people living in
> Fairfax County.
>
> Gene Weingarten of the Washington Post responded
> to someone's post about this thread in his April
> chat. Here's what he wrote:
>
> "Eric and I stay in touch some. A bit. I
> continue to like him a lot, and he continues to be
> pretty much the same 'ol Eric. The pettiness in
> this thread is amazing. I especially love the
> parent who won't let his/her child be taught by
> anyone who smokes, because it endangers the
> child's health.
>
> Also, what kind of an a-hole will call someone an
> alcoholic, in an anonymous thread? For the
> record, to my knowledge, Eric drinks only in
> moderation. I, for example, drank him under the
> table. And yes, his general look is Hung Over.
> It comes naturally."
>
> I strongly agree with Gene about the a-holishness
> of calling someone an alcoholic in an anonymous
> thread. Unfortunately for the a-hole, your
> irrational and petty post will not have the
> intended effect. TGZ remains a hard act to book.
> He makes a nice living making kids laugh - that
> must burn you up.

1) Yup...you're right...as PUBLIC schools go...FCPS is a good system. And? It will NEVER compare to a private school. The only people who "choose" to send their kids to public school? Are people who cannot afford a private school.

2) Fuck that old Jew Weingarten...yeah, fuck 'im. If he's so great, why did he take a buyout from The Post and his column is published contractually. If his content was so "epic"...why take a buyout? Answer...it's not. Don't let a few diehard Weingarten jihadists define good writing.

3) So, if I'm aware that someone is a smoker...I'm just supposed to let them be in my child's presence several hours a day? Poisoning them? I mean...I have a choice here. (And so do all parents...) I can put them in a clean, healthy environment OR one full of toxins. And I'm supposed to go toxins here? Why? Because we're so afraid of offending someone that what they choose to do is hurting everyone who breathes the poisons emanating from their clothes, skin and hair? And I'm the asshole here? Because I won't put my kids in harm's way? Really? REALLY?

Look...the old, hypochondriac Jew and all of you following this thread are free to raise your kids anyway you like. If you choose to expose them to hazardous things like third-hand cigarette smoke...that's your call. Just don't come bitching to me...or utilize any public funds to address your child's PREVENTABLE health concerns when your child is diagnosed with a potentially fatal situation.

Posted by: ChadB ()
Date: April 29, 2014 04:32PM

C.Everett.Coop, thanks for letting everyone here know what a bigot you are. One more reason to laugh at your idiotic posts.

You may want to be careful of posting your bigoted rants - the interent isn't as anonymous as you might think.

Date: April 29, 2014 05:18PM

I said nothing bigoted.

Weingarten...is old. That's a fact.

Weingarten...is Jewish. That's a fact.

Weingarten...is a hypochondriac. Or he was until he battled Hep-C...that's a fact.

Weingarten...is a writer. That's a fact

These are all factual things.

I do not express my dislike for Weingarten on the basis of his religion, his age or his health concerns (real or imagined) or his profession. I express my dislike for him for the same reason I've expressed it towards others on this thread...because he chose to express his feelings of how I choose to raise my kids. For him to say, "I love the parent who won't let his/her child be taught by anyone who smokes, because it endangers the child's health." is simply inappropriate. Again, I'm not posting here passing judgment on how he has/is/will raised/raising/raise his children. Who is Gene Weingarten or anybody else to "disapprove" of people not wanting to keep their children safe from the health hazards associated with children sharing an environment with someone (in this case a teacher) who smokes? Who is ANYONE really to question how anybody else raises their children such that those children are not a hazard to the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of those they encounter? Where's the outrage there?

Posted by: Chadb ()
Date: April 30, 2014 08:54AM

C.Everett.Coop wrote:

"Fuck that old Jew Weingarten".
In what world do you think that wasn't bigoted? Why bring up the fact that he's Jewish - what relevance did it have to his point or yours? You're deluding yourself if you think that's not bigoted. You're in fine company with Cliven Bundy and Donald Sterling.

"Who is ANYONE really to question how anybody else raises their children such that those children are not a hazard to the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of those they encounter? Where's the outrage there?"
Could you be a little more melodramatic? On the less important point of third hand smoke, there is curretly not enough research to determine what the risk is. The risk of the residue from cigarettes from someone's clothing is almost certainly less than the buildup in a room used by smokers because clothes are washed regularly. Even if there was a health risk due to third hand smoke, do you really think that your child, sitting 5 or 10 feet away from somoene, once or twice in their lives is at a signifincat risk. Weingarten was absoutely correct that your comment was ridculous.

Posted by: Marlboro Man ()
Date: April 30, 2014 09:48AM

3) So, if I'm aware that someone is a smoker...I'm just supposed to let them be in my child's presence several hours a day? Poisoning them? I mean...I have a choice here. (And so do all parents...) I can put them in a clean, healthy environment OR one full of toxins. And I'm supposed to go toxins here? Why? Because we're so afraid of offending someone that what they choose to do is hurting everyone who breathes the poisons emanating from their clothes, skin and hair? And I'm the asshole here? Because I won't put my kids in harm's way? Really? REALLY?

Jesus Christ! "Really? REALLY?" That really?REALLY? meme is so played out.

Get over yourself, you strident tiger mom. The next time I do a show, I'll have your brats lick my nicotine-yellowed fingers, and then give 'em a couple cigs for later.

Posted by: Mikeymike ()
Date: April 30, 2014 11:54PM

So, I saw this guy's show at a children's party and he really connects with the kiddos. I think people don't like him because he doesn't put on a false face of sweetness when engaging with the adults. He seemed successful and confident enough in his schtick not to need or seek the adoration of us grownups. He was polite, but not artificially friendly.

People around here are highly accustomed to getting their asses kissed by everyone, from subordinates at work, to the landscaper, to the whole foods stockboy. This guy has talent, and typical of good performers, is not seeking approval of anyone outside his target audience. Good on him.

Posted by: Lonely Dad ()
Date: May 01, 2014 12:12AM

Forget the Zucchini; I wanna hire the Marlboro Man...boy, that would piss off my ex-wife..

Posted by: Come on ()
Date: May 01, 2014 01:15AM

Gene Weingarten is the only feature writer in the country to win to Pulitzers and the story about The Great Zucchini is one of the most popular stories ever in the United States. It made the top 25 most downloaded stories ever on the internet. Weingarten is extremely talented, no doubt.

Re: The Great Zucchini isn't awful?
Posted by: AthleticMom7 ()
Date: May 01, 2014 10:34AM

Hi everyone!

This thread is so obviously created out of the rage of a parent who thinks the world revolves around them.

It sounds like a meaningless rant from a parent who did something wrong, and they know it, but since it was called out in front of their friends, they got embarrassed and channeled that embarrassment into anger to create this post.

Where's your proof? All you did was list a bunch of negative traits.

Here's my proof:

I've taken my daughter to dozens of shows and we've NEVER once had a bad experience! The Great Zucchini is always pleasant and polite - he would never be rude, even if it was for the simple fact that a thread like this could arise!

I've met soo many people at his shows and not one single person has ever been upset!

Yes, he wears a t-shirt and jeans or shorts but how is that unacceptable?? (It's not like she shows up in RIPPED jeans, or marijuana t-shirts!)

We've been to almost every show, on Thursdays at Jammin Java, over the last two years and the kids absolutely ADORE him! Honestly, these kids laugh soo hard that it almost brings tears to my eyes to see my daughter with such a great big smile on her face!

If he can wear a mere t-shirt and jeans and make your child laugh like THAT, then that's proof in itself that this guy is utterly amazing! Think about it, does any other children's entertainer show up in regular clothes? No! They wear funny outfits and use those funny outfits make the children laugh, which is totally fine, but my point is The Great Zucchini doesn't need a funny outfit, his PERFORMANCE makes them laugh - and makes them laugh harder than any entertainer I've seen! Period.

Just because he's a children's entertainer doesn't mean he's any less of a professional than you are. If you disrupted the show, whether you walked in front of the other kids or walked up on stage with a boom box blaring, it's still a disruption. It's just common curteosy to sit at the back if you come in late.

I hope no one takes 'Disgusted's" thread very seriously because "Disgusted" obviously doesn't have concrete facts to back up thier statement - otherwise the facts would be written.

Just apologize for disrupting the show, don't start a thread saying HE'S awful.

Or, if you have PROOF that he was "condescending, arrogant, rude, and nasty", then write it out so we can see it!

We've seen over 100 shows in the last two years, and we've never ONCE witnessed any of these negative traits.

Posted by: Lonely IT person ()
Date: May 01, 2014 10:51AM

Athletic mom...any pics?

Re: The Great Zucchini is Awesome
Posted by: Old Friend ()
Date: May 01, 2014 01:02PM

I've known Eric for 33 years (yes, since fourth grade). He is one of the funniest, kindest, and most honest people I know. While his wardrobe sometimes (okay, almost always) leaves something to be desired, he is meticulous about giving kids the best show possible. It is this desire that inspires him to make sure each party venue is set up to maximize the kids' enjoyment. Trust me when I say that any accusations of Eric being arrogant, rude, drunk, or condescending are completely laughable. And of course Eric will be "defensive"--wouldn't you be if someone slandered you? It's called having a backbone and standing up for what's right. Eric is performing at my son's birthday party this summer, and I can't wait. Let me also just say that if you haven't played a pick-up game of basketball with The Great Zucchini and Broccoli The Clown, you have not truly lived. That is all.

Posted by: NEVER his friend ()
Date: May 01, 2014 02:06PM

@OldFriend: If it's true? I'm not sure it's slander. Having a backbone is absolutely standing up for what's right but...it would appear from the numerous posts here that The NOT SO great zucchini? Is wrong. Standing up for yourself when you're in the wrong...just makes you a bigger asshole.

I get it...it's art. Art by definition is not something that everyone likes. Does everyone like the same music, books, films, sculpture, paintings, etc? No.

You're entitled to your viewpoint...and so the fuck are we. Great artists when confronted with opposition know to simply shrug and say, "I'm sorry you don't care for my work...perhaps I'll create something in the future that you will like." and leave it at that.

Great swindlers will defend their "art" until they're breathless. Who are they trying to convince? The public or...THEMSELVES?

Date: May 01, 2014 03:07PM

It's not a debate about "art" or whether someone like's Eric's work. It's a debate about Eric having the right to ask patrons to respect his performance space. In other words, not to rudely interrupt his show. Hey, I have a joke for those of you using the above photo against Eric. Why did the children's performer hold a diaper while making a goofy face? Because he's a children's performer.

Posted by: DuChamps ()
Date: May 01, 2014 03:23PM

A diaper is Dada

Posted by: Momma L ()
Date: May 01, 2014 03:43PM

My son LOVES the Great Zucchini! Leaves every performance I take him to with lots of giggles and a big smile. The guy is professional, friendly, and great with kids. Someone just has too much time on their hands, and might be jealous of TGZ's ability to make children so happy. No one is perfect, and we all have our vices. Grow up and get over yourself, OP!

Posted by: Disser ()
Date: May 01, 2014 04:00PM

Old Friend Wrote:
> It's not a debate about "art" or whether someone
> like's Eric's work. It's a debate about Eric
> having the right to ask patrons to respect his
> performance space. In other words, not to rudely
> interrupt his show. Hey, I have a joke for those
> of you using the above photo against Eric. Why did
> the children's performer hold a diaper while
> making a goofy face? Because he's a children's
> performer.

I'm tired of this argument about "respecting the space". If the Great Zucchini (or anyone else for that matter) is so great then...they shouldn't be worried about "competing" with some toys that might be in view. I think his ego is just concerned that SOME of the kids in his audiences might be more entertained by a jar of bubbles or a ride-on toy than a guy who makes shit jokes...

Posted by: THE TGZ fan ()
Date: May 01, 2014 04:29PM

In my opinion, its the same couple of people using different names bashing him.

Every one of my friends absolutely loves him. I think the people that understands him, knows that he's not just a person that is picking up a check.

He really cares about his craft, and anybody who has ever worked with preschoolers would tell you that you have to eliminate distraction.

Posted by: TGZ fan again ()
Date: May 01, 2014 05:11PM

Hey, I just posted and I have one more point to make.

I actually talked to TGZ about his everyday attire at parties. We even joke about it at my four year old B-Day party. Believe it or not, theres a reason behind that which makes since.

He loves talking to parents before and after his shows and he feels that he's more relatable that way. Remember, you rarely see adults having conversation with clowns. TGZ understood this early on, and parents feel like they really know him at parties.

Date: May 02, 2014 07:25AM

"I'm tired of this argument about "respecting the space". If the Great Zucchini (or anyone else for that matter) is so great then...they shouldn't be worried about "competing" with some toys that might be in view. I think his ego is just concerned that SOME of the kids in his audiences might be more entertained by a jar of bubbles or a ride-on toy than a guy who makes shit jokes..."

And I'm tired of people like you. But, I have to say you nailed it. Eric is terribly afraid of that Hello Kitty doll lurking in the corner. And don't even mention Teletubbies in his presence. He told me he pees a little in his pants every time he hears the name. In fact, he's confessed to me: "What if Tinky Winky steals my thunder? Oh my god, and what if Dipsy and Laa-Laa conspire against me?" So cruel of you to expose his primal fears like that. How dare you. Oh, and here's an idea: CVS is having a sale on hobbies. Why don't you get one.

Posted by: Helper. ()
Date: May 02, 2014 02:36PM

Old Friend Wrote:
> "I'm tired of this argument about "respecting the
> space". If the Great Zucchini (or anyone else for
> that matter) is so great then...they shouldn't be
> worried about "competing" with some toys that
> might be in view. I think his ego is just
> concerned that SOME of the kids in his audiences
> might be more entertained by a jar of bubbles or a
> ride-on toy than a guy who makes shit jokes..."
>
> And I'm tired of people like you. But, I have to
> say you nailed it. Eric is terribly afraid of that
> Hello Kitty doll lurking in the corner. And don't
> even mention Teletubbies in his presence. He told
> me he pees a little in his pants every time he
> hears the name. In fact, he's confessed to me:
> "What if Tinky Winky steals my thunder? Oh my god,
> and what if Dipsy and Laa-Laa conspire against
> me?" So cruel of you to expose his primal fears
> like that. How dare you. Oh, and here's an idea:
> CVS is having a sale on hobbies. Why don't you get
> one.

Wow...seriously...why you so butt-hurt, bro?

Tell you what...why don't you go back down to your room errrrrr...I mean your parents' basement? Don't worry, Mommy will be down soon to smother your genitals with marshmallow fluff while Daddy plays hide the nine iron in your ass and then watches you lick your own filth off the end of it. Then you can all watch The Great Zucchini together...

Posted by: Kelly Bender ()
Date: May 04, 2014 03:40PM

The Great Zucchini came to my son's birthday party a few weeks ago and we LOVED him! He was funny, personable,and the overall highlight of the party.

Not only were the children completely in awe of his performance, but the parents were actively involved as well. I plan to hire the Great Zucchini again next year and offer a recommendation to anyone looking for an entertainer.

-Kelly

Posted by: Daniel Leiby ()
Date: May 04, 2014 03:45PM

Seriously guys? You all are just jealous haters! The Great Zucchini is awesome for both the kids and the parents. Some of these posts are sick, and frankly make no sense. I doubt any of you actually even have met or seen him perform! Anyways don't believe the hate, The Great Zucchini is one talented performer and you all are haters.

-Dan

Posted by: Jason Berry ()
Date: May 04, 2014 03:51PM

Wonder if The Great Zucchini likes to drive a snow plow the wrong way?

Posted by: CuriousJorge ()
Date: May 04, 2014 11:03PM

Jason Berry Wrote:
> Wonder if The Great Zucchini likes to drive a snow
> plow the wrong way?

Is that a sexual innuendo?

Date: May 05, 2014 12:50AM

Wow, I had lots of reading to catch up on here. Ok, wasn't going to post again, but decided too after all. Thanks to all you teachers and parents that said nice things, etc. I have a ton of public shows in Fairfax this summer, so hopefully will see ya at one of the parks, so come say hello.

First of all, it's interesting, but I'd never heard of this site until recently, and I've been on all the parenting sites. I'm friends with most of the owners and moderators of all the major parenting sites. They actually monitor the site. I don't take this site very seriously and I think it's a shame that it exists.

Freedom of speech is basically the right to protest the government peacefully without repercussions, etc. The threads on this site that are racially motivated and down right mean, should be taken down, and actually moderated by someone. I can't believe some of what goes on here. I mingle tons during my parties with the parents before and after shows, and nobody has every mentioned this site, ever, so it's hard to imagine that most of the people on here are actually parents. My guess is that it's a ton of teenagers or internet trolls of some sort. This site makes the world go backwards, not forward, and I think it's shameful.

I'm in 500 homes a year, and many I've been back to year after year, and I'm very proud of my relationships with the parents and kids. I'm the only entertainer in the country doing this amount of shows all word of mouth. I'm very proud of this, because parents wouldn't keep bringing me back if I wasn't easy to get along with. I love what I do, and have been on the most amazing stages. When I have hundreds of kids show up to public shows, it's an amazing feeling and I thank the parents all the time for allowing me to continue doing what I love.

Now, when Kelly Duncan Beyer, the Op on this thread face booked me on the evening of the party letting me know that I shouldn't respond as she anonymously wrote things about me, I thought, 'she wants me to be a sitting duck, while she says things that everybody at that party knows isn't true. I was stunned at first. I don't have experience, putting someone down, on an anonymous board, but I would assume the idea would be to stay anonymous. I have Facebook messages telling me about the thread that she started. I got advice from parents that I know well, some in Fairfax that said, not to refer to her as Op, but to state her name, as well. I agree.

Kelly, anonymous, doesn't mean you can say things that aren't true. Your depiction of the story was not true. You won't hear me defend myself, if you say you don't like my show, that's fine. Of course, you wouldn't know that, because one of the parents told me that you took your kid outside to spite me, and didn't let them join the fun of the other kids. Ok, but all I asked you to do was to implement your kids into the show from the back and not disrupt what we were already doing. Nobody understood your reaction to me. I've been the same for 20 years. I do things for a certain reason to benefit the show.

Listen, like one mom said when she emailed me, "Zucchini, Beyonce and George Clooney get slammed on the internet too. When your in the public eye, that will happen'. True, but they fight back sometimes too. In Texas recently, a judge order an anonymous site to reveal some of their Ip addresses when someone got slandered on line. They were awarded a ton of money. Just because a site is anonymous, you can't make up stuff. It's illegal. Yes, I've had a couple of lawyers contact me when they got word of this, and I don't want to pursue anything right now, because I'm just to busy, but they say I have a case.

I can't imagine most of the homes I go to, the parents frequenting this site. This site is ridiculous and like I said, I really think tons of teenagers are the internet trolls here. Btw, I let Kelly Duncan Beyer know that I was going to use her name. Anybody that is out there with a business shouldn't have to be sitting ducks for someone like Kelly to fire away. Thanks for listening. See ya at the shows. Take Care. Gz

P.s. Many parents at the party can vouch for the fact that the adjectives she used to describe me, were actually the way she was talking to me. I'm always going to Keep it real, See ya

Posted by: The Great Cucumber ()
Date: May 05, 2014 01:44PM

The van he drives around town should have been the 1st clue..
Attachments:
candy.jpg

Posted by: teacher again ()
Date: May 05, 2014 01:59PM

Awesome post, Zucchini. We are so excited to see you back at our school in July and I'm bringing my 2 kids to see you at 'Celebrate Fairfax', as well. I was a huge fan before, and I'm even a bigger fan, after your posts. I agree, this site is a haven for young internet trolls, and the only reason I'm on this site, is someone told me about this thread.

I remember watching you when you were a guest on the Fox Morning News, and I think Tony Perkins, summed it up when introducing you. 'In the World of Children's Entertainment, there is no bigger name than The Great Zucchini'.

You're a celebrity, a brand name, and famous people deal with this shit all the time. See ya soon.

Posted by: Yup ()
Date: May 05, 2014 02:59PM

She seems like an attention whore.

http://beyerduncan.ourwedding.com/

Posted by: Jamie Smith ()
Date: May 05, 2014 04:54PM

I've been going to GZ shows for about six years and have never once seen him be rude or condescending to anyone. Yes, he has some "rules" and these are for good reason. He takes his job to make kids laugh seriously and this helps make him the undisputed best children's entertainer around. He seems to have unlocked a magic formula for making kids laugh and keeping him engaged for 45 minutes, which is no small feat when young children are involved.

What's more, he is constantly donating his time to help others. Just this weekend he was at a fundraiser for a rescue squad. I have no doubt he could have booked a paying show on a weekend morning but he chose to give back to the community instead. I wrote about all of his work to give in a Huffington Post article that is linked below.

Will everyone be happy all the time? Of course not. But to anonymously slam a children's entertainer who spoke up when you disrupted the show and prevented the birthday party guests from enjoying the entertainment is beyond low.

The GZ is a valuable part of our community and our children's lives. Don't let one petty person ruin it for everyone - especially the kids who adore him!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamie-davis-smith/thre-great-zucchini-gives_b_2260969.html

Posted by: Hooray for me! ()
Date: May 05, 2014 06:28PM

Hooray for me, I'm the 100th poster in this stupid thread!

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.