HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Police flying down Burke Lake Road today [Shooting at Sully district station!]
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: May 09, 2006 02:19AM

Oh my god. Something horrible happened with someone's post and the MySQL table relating to this (very important) thread got completely destroyed. I was able to recover a backup from my own Firefox history so this will have to do. At the time of its undoing this thread had well over 1600 views in less than 12 hours. I will try to recover the original thread.

I am submitting a full bug report to the "Phorum" creators and will try to pinpoint exactly what happened to ensure this never occurs again.

- Cary

--BEGIN ORIGINAL THREAD--

Police flying down Burke Lake Road today [Shooting at Sully district station!]
Posted by: Concerned Forum Member (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 04:27PM

Earlier today I was driving down Burke Lake Road and I witnessed three police officers driving about 80 mph. It was wet out and everything. I called a friend who then phoned the police station. The police said that the officers were going to back up some other police officers at a robbery in Sully District. All I could think about was the poor fellow who was killed by the police in Falls Church.

edit by Cary:
edited the topic to make it more clear

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2006 05:59PM by Cary.

--NEXT POST--

Re: Police flying down Burke Lake Road today
Posted by: boredom (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 04:45PM

We got a notice about this at work. It said something about shots fired towards the new police station next to Westfields (right next to Sully Station 1) and Rt. 28

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: update (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 04:47PM

mulitiple people shot at police station at sully...there is a second shooting site as well

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: boredom (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 04:53PM

Were police officers shot or people who use the small commuter parking lot?

Any word yet as to why?

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 04:56PM

multiple police officers or personnel shot carjacking attempt at paddington lane started it

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: RESton Peace (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 05:06PM

I just got in and I saw officers headed that way, lights on full blast, in the centreville area. Apparently the APB went out far and wide...

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Cary (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 05:06PM

http://wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=785060

Details are still sketchy. Somebody go get pictures! I bet there are 100+ police officers there.

--NEXT POST--

•Edit Post
Date: May 08, 2006 05:08PM

even more officers at inova fairfax hosp 1 officer shot for sure...looking for a white ford f150 keep your eyes open

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Gravis (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 05:17PM

if they were truly going 80 and it was slick out, even with the sirens and light, that is beyond wreckless. they really could have killed people at that speed specifically because of the weather. funny how if they kill someone it's all hush hush but someone kills one of them it's blasted around the world so everyone knows.

There's no place like Gnome.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: trekroner (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 05:52PM

NBC4 has an updated link:
http://www.nbc4.com/news/9178513/detail.html?treets=dc&tml=dc_break&ts=T&tmi=dc_break_1_03450105082006

I was on Rt.29 in Centreville near Union Mill around 4:15, when about 5 cruisers blew past me—including a motorcycle going much faster than one should on wet pavement. Had no idea what that was about at the time...

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: WJLA live (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 05:55PM

All the major news outlets are covering this. WJLA streams their newscasts over the internet. to watch click here: http://video.wjla.com/wjlalive

--NEXT POST--

Re: Police flying down Burke Lake Road today [Shooting at Sully district station!]
Posted by: just_someguy (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 06:06PM

This guy was just identified as a suspect on the news:

"KENNEDY ","MICHAEL ","W","019"," 6200","PRINCE ","WY","CENTREVILLE ","VA","02/14/2006","FIREARM RECKLESS HANDLING/HUNTING"

"KENNEDY ","MICHAEL ","W","019"," 6200","PRINCE ","WY","CENTREVILLE ","VA","03/14/2006","FAIL WEAR SAFETY BELT "

He may be dead at this point, who knows..........

--NEXT POST--

Re: Police flying down Burke Lake Road today [Shooting at Sully district station!]
Posted by: RESton Peace (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 06:09PM

If he is dead, society seems like it will be better off.

I mean, failing to wear a seatbelt... what a fucking monster.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Nigga Haney (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 06:09PM

Today at 1pm 2 unidentified males in a white pick up truck opened fire on the sully police station today with a high powered rifle and an automatic machine gun, injuring 5 people. Four police officers and a civilian. A state trooper shoot back and struck one of the suspects as they were fleeing the scene. Two of the police officers are in critical condition and were helivaced to INOVA Fairfax hospital and the others were also rushed to the same hospital. A total of 60 Fairfax county police along with and unidentified number of state police and FBI agents were walking around with M18's and there 9mm hand guns at the scene of the crime. The vehical has been recovered along with there high powered arsinal of weapons. 66 and 28 have been shut down until further notice.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Truth (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 06:14PM

Until you are a police officer and in that type of situation, keep your freaking mouth shut.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: MrDoctor (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 06:14PM

i thought m18's were only on tanks and helicopters
i wonder how far the suspect was when the cop shot him, and was it a pistol?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2006 06:15PM by MrDoctor.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: wow (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 06:24PM

wow ok that's really gay 66 and 28 shut down until further notice ....... stupid fuckin cops..

where's the justice for the ones that don't pose any threat to the cops but get shot anyways......you don't see 60 cops block roads to catch the cop who kills innocent teenage kids.

I'm guessing the culprit(s) in this case were royally fucked by the police in some way shape or form

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 06:27PM

they say on the news this michael kennedy hijacked a car in rockville 3 weeks ago and drove it to a police station to turn himself in, but they just slapped him on the wrist and sent him on his way

i think this guy wants to goto jail for a prisonbreak type scenario
SEASON 3 ANy1??

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Somebody (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 06:37PM

Funny that the news isn't reporting the firearms violation from just a few months ago.

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 06:43PM

That's because they don't know about FU and our arrest list ;)

--NEXT POST--

•Edit Post
Posted by: Bob (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 06:46PM

i'll go run around and take pics. i'm in the office building on the edge of the woods right behind the police station.

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 06:47PM

I'd bet that any 19 year old shooting at the police station would have been on here bitching about them first.

It'll be interesting to see what the details are and whether they match any posts on this site...

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: WreckInTurn4 (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 06:49PM

He has a profile on myspace, and judging by his pic. he looks like the kind of person that would do that. That nbc newslink posted earlier was updated, and said 2 are dead now, but fox news isn't saying anything about fatalities, weird..

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 06:51PM

mrs somebody needed to change her shell

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Daniel (IP Logged)

post myspace link please

--NEXT POST--

Jim Vance falls victim to Baba Booey new
Posted by: Colin (IP Logged)

Jim Vance was interviewing a supposed eyewitness on NBC4. The eyewitness turned out to be a hoax. When describing the shots, he yelled, "Baba Booey, Baba Booey, Baba Booey!" J. Vance scolded him, telling him he could go someplace where it's hot all the time. Another Howard Stern fan pranks the media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Booey

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 06:54PM

he used an ak-47

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: t (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 07:04PM

I stopped by here to see if anyone had posted new information about the shooting that occured today. I cant believe the disgusting ( at best ) comments some have made. These officers deserve respect and prayers from everyone in this country!!!! Until you put on a uniform and risk your life for those who dont even apprecitate you....... YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT!!!! Please check out www.odmp.org and then run your mouth about Officers.. NO one deserves to be vicitmized.. !

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 07:15PM

t,
I think I speak for everyone when I say..
WTF are you talking about?

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: johnr (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 07:15PM

Well said, t.

God bless the victims and families of this shooting.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: I P Freely (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 07:18PM

Dude--please tell me you have some video of Jim Vance getting punk'd. HILARIOUS! The news media are all such bastards--you can see them getting all hot and wet at a news story like this. If it bleeds, it leads. Wish I'd have been near a phone; I'd have punk'd them too!

And t is right. These officers deserve respect. It's not like they were from PG County. Now if that were the case, it would be cause for celebration. I cheer every time one of those bastards gets capped.

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 07:25PM

I checked out myspace, I couldn't find any profile.
If you really have a myspace link please post it before it gets yanked.

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 07:27PM

Wow... this has made the front page lead story of cnn.com.

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 07:34PM

Hah! CNN has the story on their front page [www.cnn.com] but the picture they have to go along with it is the Westfields Post office right up the street, NOT the police station. Wonder how long it'll take them to figure that one out. You can even see the USPS symbol on the building.
Attachments:
file.php?2,file=81--NEXT POST--

•Edit Post
Posted by: pgens (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 07:39PM

I was caught up for hours around the area and saw more cops than I have ever seen at one time but didn't see a damn thing they did wrong or innapropriate. I feel for them and their lost team members... this is a sad story.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Genevieve (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 07:44PM

Hmmm, I think this is the same guy:

Case Number:
GC06085986-00 File Date:
04/19/06 Complainant:
JUDD, T A Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant: KENNEDY, MICHAEL Defendant Status: Custody Defense Attorney: PUBLIC DEFENDER
City/State Address: CENTREVILLE VA 20120
Sex: Male Race: White Caucasian (Non-Hispanic) DOB: 05/22/****
AKA1: AKA2:
Charge:
FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE Code Section:
19.2-99 Case Type: Felony Class:
Amended Charge:
Amended Code:
Amended Case Type:

Offense Date: 04/19/06 Arrest Date: 04/19/06

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Nabe Watcher (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 07:47PM

That looks like the report from a carjacking Kennedy apparently made on that day in Mont. Cnty. The news reported that he had carjacked someone there, then later turned himself in at Sully.

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 07:50PM

Court info search.
Interesting notes:
The charge is Fugitive From Justice and the defendant status says "custody", so does that mean this guy is in jail?

Case Number:
GC06085986-00 File Date:
04/19/06 Complainant:
JUDD, T A Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant: KENNEDY, MICHAEL Defendant Status: Custody Defense Attorney: PUBLIC DEFENDER
City/State Address: CENTREVILLE VA 20120
Sex: Male Race: White Caucasian (Non-Hispanic) DOB: 05/22/****
AKA1: AKA2:
Charge:
FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE Code Section:
19.2-99 Case Type: Felony Class:
Amended Charge:
Amended Code:
Amended Case Type:

Offense Date: 04/19/06 Arrest Date: 04/19/06

Hearings
Number Date Time Result Type Courtroom Plea Min Continuance Code
01 04/19/06 0830AM Finalized Arraignment 569
02 0000 M 000
03 0000 M 000

Final Disposition: Extradition Waived
Sentence: Sentence Suspension Time: Operator License Suspension Time:
Fine: $.00 Cost: $.00
Fine/Costs Due: Fine/Costs Paid: Fine/Costs Paid Date:
Probation Type: Probation Time: Probation Starts:

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 07:51PM

Oops sorry genevieve, didn't realize you were posting too.
;-)

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: WreckInTurn4 (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 08:12PM

For those that asked earlier for myspace link, sorry I had to leave quickly. Now here is the link, HOWEVER I don't think it was him after all. The name, age, and location all match. Except for that fact that he's listed as graduating in 2006 from some religious school. On fox5, they said he graduated in 2005 from Westfield Highschool. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=20166777

Just my bad, didn't have enough info at that time

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 08:16PM

haha looks like hurley from lost

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Nabe Watcher (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 08:17PM

The DOBs don't match up either.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: acidbyte (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 08:28PM

Yeah uum sorry the pics suck
At the time I could get no where close.
The second and third pics are of the traffic that stemmed from the shooting.

Pleasant Valley was backed all the way from cox farms to 50, and from cox farms to stone rd.. unfortunately the battery died before I saw the FBI and a SWATT team by paddington ln and stone.. but im guessing that was on the news.

..:: acidbyte ::..

edit by Cary: Thanks for the pics acidbyte! Since they were HUGE I've made thumbnails. Click any thumbnail to pop up the full size original.
westfandpop_thumb.JPGpv+lee_thumb.JPGpv+50_thumb.JPGpoptree_thumb.JPG1_thumb.JPGDSC00057_thumb.JPG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2006 09:17PM by Cary.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: BG (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 08:40PM

As callous as it sounds, I'm glad that punk got killed. His death makes my 2-extra hour commute today worth it, but not the cops getting hurt. I thought Fairfax County had good schools? How does it breed this type of loser these days?

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 08:45PM

is that a fact or speculation? im guessing you guessed (or are gullible enough to believe the news)

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: g (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 08:49PM

schools do not breed students....just because these crazy kid "supposedly" graduated from a fairfax county school doesn't mean it's a bad school. don't make presumptions like that, it's ignorant. parents and the choices kids make cause them to act the way they do. teachers work their asses of to reach and teach kids and if they're not responsive it's their own fault.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Cm (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 09:10PM

Connolly is a giant douche for saying a female detective died before the police department got a chance to notify family and make an official statement.

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 09:29PM

It's official now, one female detective was killed. She was a 9 year veteran.

First Fairfax County officer killed in the line of duty (not traffic related). Sad.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Trogdor the Burninator (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 09:33PM

I feel pretty bad for all the officers, friends, and family of those hurt by what happened. A part of me is very happy they killed the shooter. But the other part of me wishes they didn't kill him but injured him. At least that way they might have been able to get SOME sort of information about other suspects, and even a motive. Now unless they capture someone else (possibly before they kill themselves) they will be unable to find out why this happened.

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 09:38PM

The latest reports were that there were three officers, one killed, one critical and one non-life threatening. There was only the one gunman, and he was killed at the scene. They are confident that there were no other shooters. The report of more than one shooter was probably a result of chaos at the scene and high radio traffic.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: DaPlumber (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 09:49PM

I was talking to some kids who go to Centreville HS, they didn't have anything happen to them but then again it was Westfield that got locked down. 50% of kids at Centreville supposedly are stoners (I believe it) But I bet the school cop is a dickhead.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: the dude (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 09:51PM

i think westfield was on lockdown because it's right down the street from where the shit hit the fan, not because they were afraid the guy was there...

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 10:16PM

Hemsk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And maybe if these kids found something better to
> do with their time than smoke pot, they could have
> a better perception of law enforcement because
> they weren't "harassed" for doing something
> illegal.

Truth Wrote:
> Until you are a police officer and in that type of
> situation, keep your freaking mouth shut.

t Wrote:
> I stopped by here to see if anyone had posted new
> information about the shooting that occured today.
> I cant believe the disgusting ( at best ) comments
> some have made. These officers deserve respect and
> prayers from everyone in this country!!!! Until
> you put on a uniform and risk your life for those
> who dont even apprecitate you....... YOU NEED TO
> KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT!!!! Please check out
> www.odmp.org and then run your mouth about
> Officers.. NO one deserves to be vicitmized.. !

i have a better idea, how about the police stop treating citizens (especially minors) like trash and maybe they will earn some respect. everytime i have talked to a cop, they have a HUGE ego and treat everyone like crap. i speak respectively to cops and they still treat me like trash. it's no wonder that they dont get much respect because they dont give any respect to anyone but themselves. respect has to be earned, it's not just handed out. you dont seem to respect other people that have posted so why should anyone respect you? so here it is: you guys can go fuck yourselves.

BG Wrote:
> As callous as it sounds, I'm glad that punk got
> killed. His death makes my 2-extra hour commute
> today worth it, but not the cops getting hurt. I
> thought Fairfax County had good schools? How does
> it breed this type of loser these days?

the school itself does not "breed" angry and bitter people, it is the students who are heartlessly torment others. if you cannot understand that, you clearly didnt have it happen to you. please not that the higher level of development of a persons' mind happens durring the teenage years. so, when your dumbass kid harasses someone constantly, dont be surprised when they use a shotgun to blow his face clean off.

g Wrote:
> schools do not breed students....just because
> these crazy kid "supposedly" graduated from a
> fairfax county school doesn't mean it's a bad
> school. don't make presumptions like that, it's
> ignorant. parents and the choices kids make cause
> them to act the way they do. teachers work their
> asses of to reach and teach kids and if they're
> not responsive it's their own fault.

it is not the teacher's fault, i agree. however, regaurdless of where one attends school, tormented kids yeild similar results. im not saying they all go shoot up the place but it happens. no matter how good a parent is, one's peers can have a very negative effect on that person.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Daniel (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:20PM

are you people serious about the cops being dicks? i've never had a bad experience with the cops in fairfax county. yeah, jesus, god forbid that cops do their job and arrest people for marijuana possesion. i don't necessarily agree with the law, but its their job. some of you need to stop acting like angry 16 year olds.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: bully (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:33PM

> BG Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As callous as it sounds, I'm glad that punk got
> > killed. His death makes my 2-extra hour
> commute
> > today worth it, but not the cops getting hurt.
> I
> > thought Fairfax County had good schools? How
> does
> > it breed this type of loser these days?
>
> the school itself does not "breed" angry and
> bitter people, it is the students who are
> heartlessly torment others. if you cannot
> understand that, you clearly didnt have it happen
> to you. please not that the higher level of
> development of a persons' mind happens durring the
> teenage years. so, when your dumbass kid harasses
> someone constantly, dont be surprised when they
> use a shotgun to blow his face clean off.
>

It has to do with the fact that kids that get bullied can't fight back....schools these days are putting out a bunch of whimp kids that don't know what to do. They choose drugs and extreme violence, when they certainly wouldn't have considered that had they grown up fighting like real men.

Not only that, but the schools encourage all this pussy shit in the first place. "Don't hurt his feelings" ..... blah blah blah. Instead, they keep in all this aggression and look what happens.

But I do agree with you on cops being dicks.....

fuckin misguided kids..

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 10:34PM

Fox5 also showed the suspect, and it's definitely NOT the guy in the previous Myspace link. Plus, that guy's apparently online there right now, as opposed to being a bullet-riddled corpse in police custody.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Fuck Da Police (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:36PM

Fuck da police

Fight the power, man, fight the power

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Jenny (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:36PM

Yeah, I'm sure that Stephen Gaughan's widow and fatherless kids think the same way you do, that EVERY PG officer deserves to die.

Asshole.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Genevieve (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:39PM

Gravis and burpgun- could you just hold off on your bitching for one day out of respect for the life that was lost today?

And fuck da police - I think you've been watching too much of the Spike Lee movies...

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Hemsk (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:41PM

Gravis Wrote:
> everytime i have talked to a cop, they have a HUGE
> ego and treat everyone like crap. i speak respectively
> to cops and they still treat me like trash.

I've never had a problem with cops, and have met many of them. I speak respectively and they don't treat me like trash at all.

In what way did my single post to this thread give you the impression that I don't respect other people? I was referring to the "kids that spoke pot" from burpgun's post, but yet you seem to have taken it personally. Get a grip, Gravis.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: thomas (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:48PM

jesus christ. that's curraazzzy.

no motive as of yet?

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: aeils (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:49PM

my father is a fairfax county police officer and they deserve much respect for the work they do much of the time without thanks.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Brock Landers (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:58PM

"my father is a fairfax county police officer and they deserve much respect for the work they do much of the time without thanks."

they deserve no more respect than any other profession. the fact is many of them are egotistical dicks. thats almost a requirement to do their job correctly.

still, never cool to see a cop shot.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Bill Gates (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:58PM

Fucking cockhead cops need to learn how to shut up and shoot first. They get paid better than any other department so they need to shut up and do their jobs without so much bitching and so many vendettas.

If each police station had a guard tower, like a prison, then this prick would have been gunned down in his tracks before he could do shit. The police just have no clue how to protect themselves. That means you and I are next.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: brianl703 (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 11:02PM

I used to think that Fairfax County required their officers to have a college degree.

Nope, a high school diploma will do you just fine if that's what you want to be.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: wow (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 11:03PM

aeils Wrote:
> my father is a fairfax county police officer and
> they deserve much respect for the work they do
> much of the time without thanks.

lol what are you talking about dipshit..so what if your dad is 'an officer of the law' . get off this forum you little cock sucker. cops deserve no respect. I give douschebag used car salesman and garbage men more respect than the one stops. they do nothing but fuck with people. and they break the law themselves all the time. like tonight, when I got passed like I was standing still going 60 in the right lane in a 50 mph zone. BY THREE OF THEM.

so what if I had a long day at work....that doesn't mean I get to speed home.....

how are the cops any different?

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 11:05PM

aeils Wrote:
> my father is a fairfax county police officer and
> they deserve much respect for the work they do
> much of the time without thanks.

Your father is a good man for what he does. Sadly, you will find more people bitching about the police here than praising them.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Dennis (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 11:11PM

Gravis Wrote:
> respect has to be earned, it's not
> just handed out. you dont seem to respect other
> people that have posted so why should anyone
> respect you?

Gravis,

Maybe this is why you are treated the way you are? We already know that you are a mental case. Should we expect that you treat everyone with the utmost respect at all times? Why should people respect you?

--NEXT POST--

swatt new
Date: May 08, 2006 11:19PM

anyone know what the swatt team i saw was doing? it was near paddington at around 5PM was this related or was it just another drug raid, which is not rare there.

Nothing on the news.

--NEXT POST--

Date: May 08, 2006 11:32PM

Daniel Wrote:
> are you people serious about the cops being dicks?
> i've never had a bad experience with the cops in
> fairfax county. yeah, jesus, god forbid that cops
> do their job and arrest people for marijuana
> possesion. i don't necessarily agree with the law,
> but its their job. some of you need to stop acting
> like angry 16 year olds.

1. i have never taken any illegal substance, ever.
2. im 22 and get crap from every cop i meet, even a cop at GMU who had brought in his laptop into my job (at GMU) that he fucked up and it is NOT our job to maintain or repair their computers. i did fix it and when he picked it up he managed to reenforce that he acts like an ass.
3. im under the impression you are of the older crowd that cops dont deal with much. in anycase, none of my friends have had positive experiences with cops either and no, they dont do drugs or anything illegal.
4. "you need to stop acting like angry 16 year olds." - yeah, tell that to all the people that go nuts over politics. we are angry for legitimate reasons whether you choose to acknowledge them or not.

Genevieve Wrote:
> Gravis and burpgun- could you just hold off on
> your bitching for one day out of respect for the
> life that was lost today?

plenty of people are shot and die. just because they are police, why should i act any differently?

bully Wrote:
> Not only that, but the schools encourage all this
> pussy shit in the first place. "Don't hurt his
> feelings" ..... blah blah blah. Instead, they keep
> in all this aggression and look what happens.

I really hope you end up fucking with the wrong kid and he ends up killing your stupid ass.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2006 11:39PM

Swat team was searching the paddington/prince lane area for the other suspect, the guy with the "junker" car that was spray painted. 10:00 fox news didn't say anything about io. They found a grenade though. The post will probably have a nice article tomarrow.

The whole problem comes back to the parents. The parent says "I'm gonna sue the school if my Timmy gets punched in the face" and so the school doesn't let kids just fight it out, and then everybody is suprised when the kid takes it out the only way he can. We saw it at Columbine and we're seeing it here. Ya cant fight it out in school, and ya thinkit actually works to just go up to this kid who's beating you up and say stop? Assholes.

Parents gotta have common sense and teach commom sense. If they don't want their kid getting hurt, they oughta not expect the entire rest of the county to help them out, because this happens. I think the school cops are probably dipshits, but I got pulled over once by a polite cop. Others arent so cool, though.

WHy the hell do cops get to break the law and not us?

I bet CNN will never change theur pic. I was watchin the 5 oclock news and Skyfox was looking at the hotel, they even said "We're still trying to figure out where skyfox is" but they kept calling th ehotle the police station. The station has a frigging green roof!

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: G-man Gordan Liddy (IP Logged)
Date: May 09, 2006 12:12AM

like Bully said, Columbine happened because the kids weren't allowed to beat up the jocks. duh. kids can't take out their aggression like kids anymore. no fireworks and shit like that. when I was a kid, America was a Free Country (check out my book).

you should give Gravis respect because he has owned virtually every hater on this site and I find that comical. And he will own you too.

once you've been federally fucked by crooked cops who lie and plant evidence, and then get snitched on for the little that you did do by John Dean the subhuman, you find stuff like this amusing.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: mad max, JD (IP Logged)
Date: May 09, 2006 12:51AM

I hate being harrassed by the cops as much as the next guy, but they certainly dont deserve this.

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: p2dak (IP Logged)
Date: May 09, 2006 01:12AM

what is his URL myspace address?

--NEXT POST--

Posted by: Natten (IP Logged)
Date: May 09, 2006 01:18AM

I doubt pot was the real cause of this attack. Making it into the scapegoat here doesnt work when worse drugs were present.

--END ORIGINAL THREAD--

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 04:22PM by Cary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pics of police during the station shootout
Posted by: p2dak18 ()
Date: May 09, 2006 02:01AM

Pics of police during the station shootout, must have been 100+ police & SWAT and FBI

Edit by Cary: This was posted to a new thread during the time the original thread was corrupted and before it was recovered. I have merged it into the existing thread for convenience.
p2dak 18: Thanks for the pics! But they're freaking huge! I've slimmed them down to thumbnails for ease of use. Click one of the thumbnails to pop open the full size originals.
Picture006_thumb.JPGPicture007_thumb.JPGPicture008_thumb.JPGPicture009_thumb.JPGPicture011_thumb.JPGPicture013_thumb.JPGPicture015_thumb.JPG

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 04:24PM by Cary.

Re: Pics of police during the station shootout
Posted by: Matt Borowski ()
Date: May 09, 2006 02:02AM

Damn.. this is crazy.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: May 09, 2006 03:02AM

i was arond the area when this happend but didnt see anything cept a cop on a bike int he rain

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 03:03AM by MrDoctor.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 09, 2006 11:42AM

I was over on wtop.com reading the comments posted by people... I feel for the victims but as a side issue FCPD really needs to work on their PR. To see so much negativity posted when a LEO is killed in the line of duty is really sad. I'm not sure how a police force is supposed to improve its public perception and maybe they can pull in some lessons from other jurisdictions, but I sincerely hope they do something to improve their public image.

They need to communicate things more efficiently, increase transparency and speed their internal investigative process a bit in the cases of citizen shootings, and take their own policy actions instead of relying on district attorneys to decide outcomes.

There are elements who will probably never love the police, but I would like to feel more confident that the department has streamlined controls of its operations, the best training possible available to its officers, and accountability for performance and all levels of the department. It bothers me that the WTOP comments weren't 95% "we're praying for the victims" posts. Someone, maybe Connelly, needs to say "geez, public sympathy over this incident is way lower than expected... we have a serious problem and need to fix it."

Date: May 09, 2006 11:54AM

ITSD OFFICIAL
THE REAL MICHAEL KENNEDY MYSPACE SITE

http://www.myspace.com/act_i

Date: May 09, 2006 12:18PM

Gee, not one of his myspace friends posted "shame on you for killing people." Nice friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 12:18PM by pgens.

Posted by: brianl703 ()
Date: May 09, 2006 12:21PM

Improving their image? Maybe it's just due to the roads I tend to drive on, and the jurisdictions I tend to drive in, but whenever I notice a car pulled over in a left or right turn lane, or in the middle of a through lane, it's always been a Fairfax County police cruiser behind it. I tend to notice this because I'm in the traffic jam this choice of locations to pull someone over has resulted in.

It seems to me that this sort of thing can negatively affect their image, as others wonder why they chose that particular location to pull someone over.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 09, 2006 12:45PM

pgens Wrote:
> Gee, not one of his myspace friends posted "shame
> on you for killing people." Nice friends.

unless you are being sarcastic... it's a moot point. he's fucking dead, you might as well write a letter to each cop saying, "dont come in to work on monday"

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Nabe Watcher ()
Date: May 09, 2006 12:59PM

The cheif said his parents have not yet come forward. Anyone else think he killed them?

Date: May 09, 2006 01:04PM

He's 18 and an adult. They may live in another state and it wouldn't matter as they are not legally responsible for his actions. When Seaon Taylor got his DUI they didn't put out a press release asking for his parents to call.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: May 09, 2006 02:01PM

!!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 03:03AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: May 09, 2006 02:04PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 04:26AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 09, 2006 02:08PM

no, it's a democracy, and you're the lone asshole the group is aligned against..

Date: May 09, 2006 02:12PM

As a tribute to the fallen detective, here's a story about a case she worked on in December. Just shows what goofy things detectives have to do day-to-day. This story doesn't really reveal anything about her as a person, just a stroy that involved her.

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:GbktU4t8Ju0J:www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp%3Farticle%3D59878%26paper%3D62%26cat%3D104+vicky+armel&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

Posted by: Curious Onlooker ()
Date: May 09, 2006 02:13PM

brianl703 Wrote:
> ...as others wonder
> why they chose that particular location to pull
> someone over.

Um... maybe that particular location is where they saw the infraction?

Date: May 09, 2006 02:40PM

I thought police officers were trained to wait until the vehicle they want to pull over is in a safe place to pull over before turning on their lights.

At least, that's their excuse when they write you up for speeding a mile away from where they pulled you over.

Date: May 09, 2006 02:43PM

Point is--there is no law that I am aware of which requires an officer to pull over a vehicle immediately where he/she saw the infraction, and applying some common sense to the situation would lead one to conclude that if pulling someone over where the infraction was seen would lead to blocking traffic, then it would be better to wait to pull them over until they in a safer place to do so.

Posted by: Dude ()
Date: May 09, 2006 02:44PM

Its funny, how every topic on this forum turns into "isnt it against the law" and "cops pull people over and they suck" topic.

You people work at all? :-)

Date: May 09, 2006 02:51PM

I don't get paid for sitting in traffic jams.

Posted by: DontWorryWhatMyNameIs ()
Date: May 09, 2006 03:15PM

OK... so I do not condone the violent murder of anyone... but as with every incident like this, there is more than one side to the story... I had only met Michael in passing, but several of my good friends were very close to him, and I would like to post an excerpt from one of his best friends

"to most of you, mike must seem like some horrible, murdering coward....To me, he was the friend, the wonderful person, who I watched slowly decay into full-fledged schizophrenia. Everyone else quit talking to him for the most part because of his delusional speech, but I was the one who would come outside when he would show up at 3am and sit with him while he talked of things that made no sense to me......about a month ago, he was in a mental asylum and escaped. he stole a car because he just wanted to go home so badly and no one would come get him. when his friends convinced him to turn himself in, the cops made fun of him though he presented himself peacefully. they roughed him up, causing him to yell his delusions that should have clearly informed the officers of his insanity........he's been talking to me, hallucinating, absolutely delusional. he thought there were bad aliens disguised as people running around that he and the good aliens needed to eradicate. he wanted all of the aliens to just leave him alone, but he felt that as this reincarnation of jesus, he was obligated to help save our world. Perhaps he thought the cops he shot today were aliens of the bad sort. Perhaps he thought he was doing the world a favor. I don't know, and no one will ever know.......I apologize to the families of the policemen and mike kennedy's mother that I didn't take him as seriously as I should have. I should have informed someone right away. Somewhere in his delusions, he threatened his friends last night....."

Anyway, just bits of pieces of it...
as far as the confusion on 28, i can't be anymore certain than any other person, but i was 5 car lengths from the front of the block on 28 South, I watched 2 helicopters land in the middle of 28, i watched as officers pulled a large lifeless object from the back of an SUV and gave it CPR right on the pavement, i saw the officers running around with shotguns, and the SWAT marching their MP5s up and down the road... scare tactics perhaps? they didnt appear to be _looking_ for anyone... so whatever was going on on 28, i still havent figured out

Anyway my thoughts go out to the families of the officers and the assailant, as the families truly never deserve what is put onto them.

Date: May 09, 2006 03:28PM

What is the name of the mental asylum that he escaped from?

Date: May 09, 2006 03:47PM

Very cute. As it is, you might have noticed, if you've moved out of mom and dad's house and started working, that this area has one of the worst traffic congestion problems in the nation.

Given that, is it asking too much that police officers be cognizant of this fact and do what they can to not exacerbate the problem?

Date: May 09, 2006 03:54PM

Traffic problems in this area have nothing to do with police.
They acted exactly like they did during the snipper accidents as well.
Plus, if you are smart enough to drive, you should be smart enough to know that are tons of roads, large and small, that go around and along Rt. 28 :-)

Date: May 09, 2006 03:56PM

Dude, you've been posting an awful lot lately

do you even have a job?

Date: May 09, 2006 03:57PM

I'm not referring to the Rt 28 closure.

I'm referring to the practice of pulling cars over in travel lanes. Granted, the idiot getting pulled over decides where to stop, but the officer could and should tell them to pull off somewhere else.

Date: May 09, 2006 03:59PM

sure do, where do you think I post from :)

Date: May 09, 2006 04:01PM

Problem is not with people getting pulled over in travel lanes.
Problem is with idiots who slow down and look who and why got pulled over.
Usually in both traffic directions....

Date: May 09, 2006 04:01PM

Regarding the route 28 closure, my route around 28 involved a dirt road. I'm not kidding. I didn't know it was a dirt road from the map.

Date: May 09, 2006 04:03PM

Blocking a travel lane, for any reason, has an immediate and negative impact on traffic flow at the traffic volumes typical on any highway in this region during rush hour.

That's in addition to the impact from rubberneckers, of course.

Date: May 09, 2006 04:04PM

nice

oh well, it wont be long before they build a $400K condo on it

Date: May 09, 2006 04:10PM

It's pretty far out..runs between US15 and a road that the Loudon County Parkway goes to. It only took me an hour and 15 minutes to make a trip that normally takes about an hour or more during rush hour. The normal way is 15 miles, the alternate route I took is close to 50. I used the same amount of gasoline, too.

Date: May 09, 2006 04:11PM

brianl703 Wrote:
> Given that, is it asking too much that police
> officers be cognizant of this fact and do what
> they can to not exacerbate the problem?

So should people be allowed to break traffic laws during rush hour?

Date: May 09, 2006 04:11PM

Did I say that?

Date: May 09, 2006 04:17PM

Or is that what is known as a "strawman argument"?

Date: May 09, 2006 04:28PM

It was certainly implied.

You appear to be advocating that police don't pull over people during rush hour because it creates more traffic congestion. If an officer were to wait until it was a more convenient location to pull them over, the officer could be waiting a significant time before that location comes up. If the voilator does not know that they are being stopped or wishes to avoid being stopped, they may be able to escape arrest by getting into heavy traffic because it was not convenient for the rest of the law-abiding traffic for the officer to initiate the traffic stop.

Now you have a law-breaker that knows he/she can get away with it because there was heavy traffic. Word gets out, and the next thing you know people are running red lights, driving on shoulders and driving aggressively because they know that they can get away with it, because it's not convenient for the rest of the traffic flow for them to get pulled over. People will drive stolen cars only during rush hour because they know the cops aren't looking for them them, because it may inconvenience other drivers. Hell, driving a getaway car during rush hour may be a good idea, because the cops wouldn't want to inconvenience the public by being out there and looking for them.

Date: May 09, 2006 04:31PM

the "dirt road" you seem to be talking about is braddock road. It's a dirt road and a paved road in alternate stretches. There are also several parallel roads that are dirt in that area, the area running between US15 and appx. Pleasant Valley Road.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: May 09, 2006 05:17PM

Thats right, it goes past Cox farms.

Date: May 09, 2006 05:48PM

I don't happen to think that having some consideration as to traffic is going to negatively affect the officer's ability to pull over violators. If it does, maybe they could check with Manassas and Prince William officers to see how they're able to avoid blocking traffic when initating a stop.

As far as bypassing 28, the dirt road I used is The Woods Rd. which changes to Oatlands Mill Rd. between Evergreen Mills Rd and US15. I thought about using Braddock but I already know that's a dirt road.

Date: May 09, 2006 06:33PM

the day after

edit by Cary: Made the pictures into thumbnails. Click to pop up the full size original.
cops2(1)_thumb.JPGcops2(4)_thumb.JPGcops2(5)_thumb.JPG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 07:41PM by Cary.

Date: May 09, 2006 06:34PM

Mike's house

Edit by Cary: Made the image a thumbnail for easy viewing. Click to pop up the original.
cops2(6)_thumb.JPG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 07:46PM by Cary.

Date: May 09, 2006 06:39PM

Damn, you must be fucking stupid... you were already told not to upload those huge fucking pictures. Learn how to reduce, motherfucker.

Edit by Cary: I'll edit instead of reply. Honestly it's cool. I'd much rather have the full size originals than some low-res poorly cropped image. Yeah it makes the thread ugly until I get around to it but it's not a big deal. Everyone please continue to upload whatever images you have and I will slim them down and thumbnailify. Thanks. - Cary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 07:48PM by Cary.

Date: May 09, 2006 06:58PM

i 'heard' from my co worker whos brother works with his dad that he had a tumor that couldnt be operated on and had less than a year to live....

Mike
Date: May 09, 2006 08:26PM

When I went to school with mike during 9th grade at westfields we used to sit together in class he was a cool motherfucker, He was the first motherfucker that would talk to me at that school and was a all round nice kid, somethings in him just snapped, he was a nice kid that is gone now. So to call him a monster or whatever your totally off.

R.I.P. MK

Date: May 09, 2006 08:48PM

rest in piss

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: May 09, 2006 08:52PM

What the hell happened to that cop crusier? (with the flowers) it looks like it got sawed in half

Date: May 09, 2006 08:54PM

Looks like there's a black ribbon or something on it.

Posted by: Cm ()
Date: May 09, 2006 08:58PM

MrDoctor Wrote:
> i 'heard' from my co worker whos brother works
> with his dad that he had a tumor that couldnt be
> operated on and had less than a year to live....

Had to read that one a few times...

Date: May 09, 2006 09:24PM

i didnt hear from anybody
thats a quote from another website forgot to add quotation marks =X

Cm Wrote:
> MrDoctor Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i 'heard' from my co worker whos brother works
> > with his dad that he had a tumor that couldnt
> be
> > operated on and had less than a year to
> live....
>
> Had to read that one a few times...

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: May 10, 2006 02:51AM

A very big thank you to Travis for the following police scanner recording of the FCPD radio communications during yesterday's incident.

This scanner recording is a 50 minute mp3 from 5:27pm until 8:31pm (with the dead airtime removed).

Click here to listen: 5-08-2006.mp3 (5.73 megabytes)

Date: May 10, 2006 06:49AM

DontWorryWhatMyNameIs Wrote:
> To me, he was a
> friend, the wonderful person, who I watched slowly
> decay into full-fledged schizophrenia.

:'(

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: May 10, 2006 08:21AM

Cary Wrote:
> A very big thank you to Travis for the following
> police scanner recording of the FCPD radio
> communications during yesterday's incident.

Thanks Travis! What model of scanner do you have? I have a RS Pro-94 but I think it is now useless for Fairfax County Police communications because they have gone digital.

Posted by: iceman ()
Date: May 10, 2006 08:41AM

I dont understand some of the folks on this thread. Just becuase he was a good guy in school or just becuase he shot a cop so he should not be called a scum bag. The ahole deserved to die period. What he committed was a cold blooded murder. Too bad he did not stay alive to face the consequences. He should have died by the injection looking on at the small kids of the cops that are now left behind without a mom. Fukin idiot.

Date: May 10, 2006 11:33AM

Iceman, it's just an unfortunate byproduct of today's society where there isn't any sense of personal responsibility anymore. Nothing someone can do is their fault... child molestors commit crimes because they were abused as children so it isn't their fault. Kennedy was a cool guy at one point so strapping on guns and ammunition and blowing away a police station must be the result of something that isn't his fault so he must still be an okay guy even though he is a cold blooded killer.

If I had a friend who did the same thing I can imagine myself saying "wow, never saw him as someone who could do such a thing" but that statement wouldn't immediately be followed by "but I still think he was a great guy and am thankful to have known him." Evidently all behavior is excusable. That's why I posted my amazement at the WTOP site viewer feedback to this story... even a guy who ambushes police officers can be termed an "okay guy." Imagine what it takes for a person to be able to carry out that act... that's not an okay guy, it's a monster that FOOLED HIS FRIENDS.

Date: May 10, 2006 11:41AM

i wonder if this one will go as long as the don & mike thread

Date: May 10, 2006 11:46AM

Hey, I bet if you got to know Charles Manson, you would walk out thinking the guy is ok after all. Give people a chance, man.

Posted by: Dulla ()
Date: May 10, 2006 12:24PM

what happened sucks

but you have to admit cops kill people everyday for no reason

Date: May 10, 2006 01:11PM

This thread reminds me of a conversation teens would carry out during lunch time.
No reasoning, no logic, no point.

Why dont we go back to discussing lack of bathroom doors in local schools?
Its so much more interesting to read...

Posted by: AGREED ()
Date: May 10, 2006 04:37PM

Dulla Wrote:
> what happened sucks
>
> but you have to admit cops kill people everyday
> for no reason

AGREEED

Date: May 10, 2006 05:22PM

You two should get together and talk about evil aliens, at 3AM.
Dress code: full camo!

Posted by: FunkDat ()
Date: May 10, 2006 09:26PM

Rot in hell, Kennedy.

Date: May 10, 2006 10:12PM

Wait are we talking about Patrick or Michael Kennedy? There were two Kennedys in the news recently.

Posted by: Cm ()
Date: May 10, 2006 11:10PM

How about both? two for one?

Posted by: t ()
Date: May 10, 2006 11:26PM

I cant believe it .. you are all STILL downing Officers!!! To question why an officer makes a traffic stop and where is down right crazy. Ask yourself first.. do you even know why the officer made the stop. Maybe.. JUST maybe.. its more than a simple traffic infraction. Maybe he stopped a drunk driver from killing you, your family member or a friend on your way home from work. For those of you that continue to think Officers do not deserve our respect.. the next time YOUR in trouble dont call the police! So if you child is missing, your home is robbed, your car is stolen.. figure it out yourself. After all they are all too big of assholes to help. Sick.. totally sick.. This is what is wrong with this country. No is willing to take resposibility for their own actions and to thank those that are their to help them.

Date: May 11, 2006 12:22AM

Damn I was driving by and it looked like mike made a ways back to the back of the police station. does anyone know how far he got back? or does anyone have the link of the video cameras at the police station showing the shooting?

R.I.P. Everyone who died that day

Date: May 11, 2006 12:23AM

yeah, why dont you try Google video for that video.
Or maybe they have a podcast of it by now.

urh...

Posted by: don't worry about me ()
Date: May 11, 2006 06:16AM

t Wrote:
So if you child is
> missing, your home is robbed, your car is stolen..
> figure it out yourself. After all they are all too
> big of assholes to help. Sick.. totally sick..
> This is what is wrong with this country. No is
> willing to take resposibility for their own
> actions and to thank those that are their to help
> them..

I actually plan on it. I have never called the police and had them do anything that I couldn't have reasonably done myself. That includes vandalism to the 10th degree on my car that totalled it.

Date: May 11, 2006 07:09AM

t Wrote:
> I cant believe it .. you are all STILL downing

> traffic stop and where is down right crazy. Ask

> of you that continue to think Officers do not

> deserve our respect.. the next time YOUR in

> trouble dont call the police! So if you child is

> big of assholes to help. Sick.. totally sick..

> No is
> willing to take resposibility for their own
> actions and to thank those that are their to help
> them.

Well, you obviously didn't thank your English teachers... why do you promote thanking police while insulting your teachers?

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: May 11, 2006 09:17AM

Typical of some of the members of this board to start by worrying about the perp and not the cops. Hope the cop-hating assholes on this board are happy now.

Date: May 11, 2006 10:18AM

to everyone bashing mike,
  you are the people that are wrong with society. you don't understand what mental illness really is so you pass it off as "they are just making it up and are to avoid having to deal with life like everyone else" and think they can be fully responsible for their actions. it sounds like something the roman catholic church would do back in the day. they dont understand it so they condem it and say they are evil. hell, they even said people with mental illness were possessed by demons. well guess what, things are not that simple. would you say a person with alzheimer's just wasnt trying to remember things so they dont have to put up with people or take responsiblity for things they don't do because they "forgot"? if you say yes, you are a fucking moron and need to get out of the gene pool now. like alzheimer's, schizophrenia is a neurodegenerative disorder that eventually warps a person's perception of reality. take a moment to think about that and if after that you still think he is a coldblooded killer regaurdless of the information provided by his friend, please quickly execute yourself because i hate you and i hate what you stand for.

Date: May 11, 2006 10:22AM

I'm not bashing a guy who obviously has issues. I just despise the people on this board who don't give a rat's ass about some kids' dead mother simply because she was a cop.

Date: May 11, 2006 10:31AM

Fairfax MF-er Wrote:
> I'm not bashing a guy who obviously has issues. I
> just despise the people on this board who don't
> give a rat's ass about some kids' dead mother
> simply because she was a cop.

not to be cold but it is and occupational hazard and she decided for her children to take that risk. while this was a bizarre crime, she may have been killed by someone else some other way so i do put the responsibility on her because she knew the risks. that is not to say it doesnt suck for the kids but i dont think they protested her because a cop either. the truth is very painful in this situation but i will not say it was something they should have never expected. no matter what causes death, it is always painful but being complete abstract to this person, i will not mourn her.

Date: May 11, 2006 10:33AM

There are basicly two mentaltally ill people in the world, those who plan their acts and those who are not capable of planning anything.
Group #1 is usually all around us, on heavy dosages of anti depressants.
Group #2 - mostly locked up...

The killer was in the first category. He planned the attack.
He didnt just walk aroud Cville and shot bunch of people.
He took the time kill police officers specifically.
He knew exactly what he was doing.

In this country, one in ten uses anti depressants. I am suprized that we dont see acts like this happening more ofthen...

Sad.

Date: May 11, 2006 10:37AM

> In this country, one in ten uses anti depressants.
> I am suprized that we dont see acts like this
> happening more ofthen...

i think that is in their lifetime, not all the time. if that is all the time, then there is a lot of prescription drug abuse going on.

Date: May 11, 2006 10:51AM

I am a pretty open minded person, but...

If I had a teenage son who had mental problems, I would never, ever have any type of weapons in my house, like GUNS. Thats fucking simple, I think.

Date: May 11, 2006 11:20AM

Dude Wrote:
> I am a pretty open minded person, but...
>
> If I had a teenage son who had mental problems, I
> would never, ever have any type of weapons in my
> house, like GUNS. Thats fucking simple, I think.

Dude-

I agree 100%. The parents needed to get involved with this nutcase. It will be interesting to see if they tried to get him help or committed. If not, you may have another Eric Harris/Dylan Klebold-type situation where the parents were just fucking oblivious to what was going on under their own noses.

Date: May 11, 2006 11:23AM

Gravis Wrote:
because she was a cop.
>
> not to be cold but it is and occupational hazard
> and she decided for her children to take that
> risk.

Just like you take the risk of being pulled over when driving your car. Of course, when that happens you act like it is the end of the fucking world. When a cop who happens to be a mother is killed, you dismiss it with a bullshit blasé attitude.

Date: May 11, 2006 11:37AM

Dude was very average. I went to few schools in this area and I have seen kids like him many, many times. They usually hang out in a group, all dressed alike, and behaving alike. They are the outsiders.

He escaped from a mental hospital, and parents didnt do shit.
Guy shoots a family dog, and they dont do shit
He steels a car and guess what, NOTHING.

It is Eric Harris/Dylan Klebold situation, 100%.

I say, if you are suicidal - take your own life.
Dont take anyone else with you.

Date: May 11, 2006 11:55AM

Fairfax MF-er Wrote:
> Just like you take the risk of being pulled over
> when driving your car. Of course, when that
> happens you act like it is the end of the fucking
> world. When a cop who happens to be a mother is
> killed, you dismiss it with a bullshit blasé
> attitude.

touché.

Date: May 11, 2006 12:01PM

I think that's a terrible analogy.

Date: May 11, 2006 12:37PM

blasé blasé

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 11, 2006 12:37PM

brianl703 Wrote:
> I think that's a terrible analogy.

What is? The Harris/Klebold thing?

Date: May 11, 2006 12:56PM

Comparing the risk a police officer faces of getting shot in the line of duty with the risk a driver faces of getting pulled over is a terrible analogy.

Date: May 11, 2006 01:02PM

in my defense, i dont think ive actually bitched about getting a ticket. i really only bitch about their tactics and arrogance. they really did screw me though (non-traffic related) while they were actually coarsing a confession out of one person in a room of 30 which they did. they broke some laws, they fucked me over, that is why i bitch about them. i havent gotten a ticket in like... two years.

Date: May 11, 2006 01:05PM

Plus the officer is at risk at a traffic stop as well... much of the reason why HOV is sparsely enforced is that a few VA state troopers had been hit on the side of the road and there are few safe places to pull people over, at least along I-66.

Date: May 11, 2006 01:09PM

are you kidding me? i drove to manassas daily for a while and EVERY day i saw someone pulled over in the left for HOV violation. sparsely enforced, my ass.

Date: May 11, 2006 01:12PM

Police officers are always at risk. ALWAYS.
You just never know when you are going to get attacked. Every traffic stop is risky. Its part of their job.

And you cant even possibly compare any type of ticket to the stress and risks they face everyday.

A ticket is nothing. You get one, pay for it, and move on.

Date: May 11, 2006 01:14PM

HOV used to be enforced much more inside the beltway. They have downsized it a bit, but its still there.

Posted by: To Gravis ()
Date: May 11, 2006 02:17PM

Yes, A police officer knows the risks when they sign up to protect us from threats in our hometown.

A soldier in the military knows the risks associated when he signs up to defend us from threats abroad.

How is either less tragic? I don't see you talking shit about those who mourn lost soldiers or show respect for their sacrifice...............

So I ask you, you did not know her so you say you don't mourn for her. Do you mourn for the soldiers lost in battle? Or since you don't know them are you callous about them as well?

Date: May 11, 2006 02:47PM

taken from Silent Zombie (myspace):

Everyone knows what he did was wrong, but he wasn't in his right mind when he did it. What you don't understand is we are remembing him for who he was and not for what he did. And yes is it was the officers choice to do their job. They choose that job to risk their lives for others and they did what had to be done. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything.

The media is our enemy, they'll twist your words into what they want you to know!

Date: May 11, 2006 02:54PM

How cute...

After reading all of the posts and stories on this, I cant find a single positive thing that that person can be remember for.

Ah wait, he checked himself into mental hospital. I guess thats positive, heh.

Date: May 11, 2006 03:01PM

Bottom line, when you are 17, and if your friend does something wrong, you still support him. Even if he kills half your block, you still support him.
And general disrespect for police is also typical.

Its when you get older you realize that having and respecting law enforcement is essential part of daily life.

Posted by: aggie ()
Date: May 11, 2006 03:04PM

ok I am new here and just erad all this.

You stupid fucks that are bashing the police, I hope you NEVER need their fucking help.

Thankfully, sometime in your lifetime you WILL need them, they will respond, help you and treat you with respect, because they are 100x the type of person you are you stupid fuck

You make me want to vomit and beat your parents for raising you to be such stupid idiots.

As far for FCPD being the best Paid-- that's OLD NEWs, there are other departments better paid in the area now, its public knowledge. I understand its hard for you to read something other the bashing police.

SO fuckers, i am sorry Mike Kennedy is dead, i am sorry his life came to this, but I am not sorry the FCPD killed him. His parents shoudl talk to the Armel's two small children and tell them why they raised a killed.

The cops LOVE to kill people for no reason--- if you had a CLUE that the FCPD IA department has those men and women so tuck tailed, you would shit your pants

But at least they are there to protect your asses, no wonder they hate you as much as you hate them
you stupid chicken fuckers

Date: May 11, 2006 03:13PM

aggie - relax, its a fucking forum.
If you react the same way to all the posts by stupid people, you wont last long.

Date: May 11, 2006 03:30PM

brianl703 Wrote:
> Comparing the risk a police officer faces of
> getting shot in the line of duty with the risk a
> driver faces of getting pulled over is a terrible
> analogy.

You missed the point of my analogy. It was to demonstrate that some people - specifically Gravis - will make a huge issue out of something as insignificant as getting pulled over by a cop, but then those same people chide others for getting upset when a cop gets killed because it is "part of the job." The fact is someone is still dead and her kids will be without a mother.

Date: May 11, 2006 04:40PM

I wasn't aware of some people making a big issue over getting pulled over.

The "risk" of getting pulled over is pretty easy to mitigate: Pay attention, drive carefully, and make sure your stickers and bulbs are all good.

Date: May 11, 2006 05:24PM

Fairfax MF-er wrote:
---------------------------------------
The fact is someone is still dead
and her kids will be without a mother.
---------------------------------------

yea, and the Kennedy's without a son.

Date: May 11, 2006 07:30PM

p2dak18 Wrote:
> Fairfax MF-er wrote:
> ---------------------------------------
> The fact is someone is still dead
> and her kids will be without a mother.
> ---------------------------------------
>
>
> yea, and the Kennedy's without a son.

The Kennedys should have thought about that before they let their mentally ill son collect an arsenal in the family home.

Date: May 11, 2006 07:33PM

brianl703 Wrote:
> I wasn't aware of some people making a big issue
> over getting pulled over.
>
> The "risk" of getting pulled over is pretty easy
> to mitigate: Pay attention, drive carefully, and
> make sure your stickers and bulbs are all good.

You would think. Gravis was ranting about this a few weeks ago. The dummy was being followed by a cop so, like a spaz, he started slowing down and pulling to the side, etc., which prompted the cop to pull him over. Gravis went on quite a tear about this. He also went on a tear about the cop who shot the kid outside of IHOP. Unfortunately, Gravis's sympathy doesn't seem to extend to cops themselves.

Date: May 11, 2006 09:00PM

To Gravis Wrote:
> A soldier in the military knows the risks
> associated when he signs up to defend us from
> threats abroad.

yes, they do know the risks and it is their choice to join the military.

> How is either less tragic? I don't see you talking
> shit about those who mourn lost soldiers or show
> respect for their sacrifice...............

i wouldnt say they are tragic but rather unfortunate. also, no, they are they are quite similar.

> So I ask you, you did not know her so you say you
> don't mourn for her. Do you mourn for the soldiers
> lost in battle? Or since you don't know them are
> you callous about them as well?

i do not mourn the soldiers who have died because they also chose their path in life which lead to their death. again, they are completely abstract to me so i have no emotional ties to them. i am not callous because that implies i cared in the first place.

in short:
i will not feel sorry for an athlete who destroys his joints.
i will not mourne gang members who dies from gunfire.
i will not grieve for a typist who gets carpal tunnel syndrome.
i will not care if a constant sunbather gets skin cancer.
i will not feel bad for a man that drinks himself to death.

all these people chose their own path. i could go on but i think you get the point.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.