HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
John Norce for Mayor of Fairfax City
Posted by: Another Idiot ()
Date: March 26, 2014 10:37AM

John Norce is running for Mayor of Fairfax City

Who the hell is this John Norce.
I would like some dirt on him.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Norce-for-Mayor/570591783031691

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: John Norce for Mayor of Fairfax City
Posted by: Sorry ()
Date: March 26, 2014 11:00AM

Never heard of him. Sorry.
His face looks funny.

Posted by: NFM ()
Date: March 26, 2014 11:28PM

Norce is a good guy. I think he would make a good mayor, but is mainly running so that the incumbent clown would not be running unopposed.

Posted by: Homie D Clown ()
Date: March 26, 2014 11:57PM

NFM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Norce is a good guy. I think he would make a good
> mayor, but is mainly running so that the incumbent
> clown would not be running unopposed.

So name calling of the incumbent is your way of trying to back Norce?

How about elaborating on political differences?

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: March 27, 2014 03:48AM

Who gives a damn, he will get 4% of the vote, and that's about it.

Posted by: J. O'Dell ()
Date: March 27, 2014 06:42AM

After a Google search I can't find anything definitive about this guy
or what he would do differently than Silverspoon. All I'm seeing is
rhetorical blah blah blah.... Is he just another tax and spender?
Did he vote for Obama?

Posted by: LOLLOL ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:41AM

No idea if he is a good guy or not. However, after reading his site, the only reason he is running is so the current mayor doesnt run unopposed again. not sure I see anything else. All he says is he is going to to listen to the public.

blah blah blah. Good Luck Norce.

Posted by: Mayor McCheese ()
Date: March 27, 2014 08:57PM

Any relationship to Chuck?

Posted by: Todd Hedgepeth ()
Date: April 13, 2014 12:36AM

Even though I live in NC and am not invloved with your local politics, I have known John since college. He is a solid stand up guy and would make a great mayor. Good luck John sounds like Fairfax needs your skills.

Posted by: Debbie Downer Democrat XDD ()
Date: April 13, 2014 12:58AM

While John in running as an Independent, he has been focusing on the large tax increases that local Fairfax City faces. I trust that his more conservative approach when handling finances and taxes will be a benefit to most in Fairfax City.

The only issue being are politicians in general. Lots of promises up front, then when the realities kick in, they have to change some of their stances. But to get the right person into the office to work through those speed bumps is who you want.

Send him a few bucks on through his site. Being able to purchase a few more campaign signs or bumper stickers, goes a long way to get the name recognized.

Posted by: Just wondering ()
Date: April 20, 2014 11:51PM

why would anyone vote for a candidate who has never done anything - not voted in city elections, served on a Fairfax City committee or even been to a city council meeting. Could he be a fraud? Wonder why he is really running for mayor. He certainly doesn't know anyone who lives in Fairfax City or really know anything about the city. Must be an motive somewhere.

Posted by: Just Libeling ()
Date: April 21, 2014 02:17AM

Just wondering Wrote:
> why would anyone vote for a candidate who has
> never done anything - not voted in city
> elections, served on a Fairfax City committee or
> even been to a city council meeting. Could he be
> a fraud? Wonder why he is really running for
> mayor. He certainly doesn't know anyone who lives
> in Fairfax City or really know anything about the
> city. Must be an motive somewhere.

Please cite your sources for the above allegations re: not voting, never attending city council meetings, not knowing anyone or anything about the city.

Articles posted on his Facebook page suggest that he has some idea of what is going on in the city.

Paranoid, much? If so, rest assured that continuing to post on this forum is nearly guaranteeing that he will have a good showing in the Mayoral election, and possibly contributing to a huge upset win...

Posted by: Tim Parmly ()
Date: April 21, 2014 12:25PM

So what if he did vote for Obama. What does that have to do with anything in the city. This city has a good mayor and council who doesn't "tax and spend" as you say. Try living in the county and see if you get the same services for you tax dollar. Paying fire and police along with road maintenance takes a lot of tax dollars, which I am glad to pay for living in such a great city.

Posted by: Emma S ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:29PM

The fact that Norce is a political outsider is actually appealing. Right now, the Mayor and council just seem like puppets for developers. Scott Silverthorne will obviously win this election for mayor, but I think I'll vote for Norce anyway, just to let the incumbents know that people are not satisfied with politicians who constantly say yes to any developer, and disregard the impact to our community.

Rob Lederer did not seem like the friendliest person, but at least he had the fortitude to stand up to developers. Seems like we can't say the same for the current City Council members. Fairfax city needs a shake-up before we end up losing the small town character that makes us unique in the first place.

Posted by: just wondering... ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:43PM

Voting records are public. Trust me -- John Norce has not voted in city elections. As far as serving on city committees -- just ask. The answer is the guy has not served. Go to city council meeting. John Norce has never been to a city council meeting. you think he might go to a meeting since he's running. The answer - he does not go to city council meeting.

You think everything on his facebook page is the truth. think again. The Norce Force is fiction.

Posted by: Just a Guy in the city ()
Date: May 02, 2014 11:55AM

I'd never heard of him prior to his bid for mayor but I have looked into him and can't find much about him. He claims to have lived in FFX City for 12 yrs but online records show him out of state until 2006. No one on City Council had ever heard of him prior to his candidacy which means he has never attended a city council mtg or been involved in city matters. His FB has a lot of misinformation and confusion on the issues and statistics. He obviously knows very little about the city. Furthermore, he seems to not understand that the Mayor is a symbolic position with no voting power with the exception of a tie. He is allowed to Veto a vote of the Council. However, the council can override his veto making it a moot point.

He claims that there was no opposition in the last last election which shows that he was not here. He will end up with the same amount of votes or less than Jerry O'Dell did....

Posted by: Hmmm - I think I know what's up ()
Date: May 02, 2014 11:59AM

Based on his Web Site and FB, John Norce owns a small business in the City (insurance agent.) He is pissed off that he has to pay business taxes to operate in the city. Could it be that he wants to be Mayor to try to change the law for his benefit?

Posted by: Water deal? ()
Date: May 03, 2014 06:14AM

Mayor and council look to be in hot water with this water deal...anyone have dirt?

Posted by: CobbdaleBill ()
Date: May 03, 2014 07:23AM

I'm voting for John Norce because he isn't part of the "social club" that our city government has become. Also, I can find no evidence whatsoever that he
voted for Obama as someone above mentions so perhaps someone could post a link?
It's time for some new blood around here.

Posted by: Dazednconfused ()
Date: May 03, 2014 08:45AM

You say the position is symbolic with no power, Then Why do you care who wins.
Do You really believe jerry o'dell was a real candidate? Wow..

No longer confused...I'm with Bill...norce has my vote..

Posted by: MissYouJerry ()
Date: May 03, 2014 10:29AM

Dazednconfused Wrote:
> You say the position is symbolic with no power,
> Then Why do you care who wins.
> Do You really believe jerry o'dell was a real
> candidate? Wow..
>
> No longer confused...I'm with Bill...norce has my
> vote..

Jerry O'Dell received over 300 votes in the last election he ran for office and maybe that's not enough to win but he scared the living shit out of the status quo. Good for him.

Posted by: Fairfax2014 ()
Date: May 03, 2014 11:03AM

I have been to both debates. Seems to me that John Norce is running on fiscal responsibility. He is a refreshing voice of reason. If we don't have the money, why take on more debt?

John's point that we had to sell the water system because we hadn't saved the money to keep it up really hit home.

Nothing really against Silverthorne, but John Norce has earned my vote.

Date: May 03, 2014 11:12AM

Now if there is anything to the controversial sale of the water sale...Katy bar the door! Nancy Lofkus (sp?) passion was evident and it seemed as if a few of the councilpersons were quick to deflect. Where are Woodward and Bernstein when you need them?

Posted by: Wow - didn't think that though ()
Date: May 03, 2014 03:31PM

Fairfax2014 Wrote:
> Now if there is anything to the controversial sale
> of the water sale...Katy bar the door! Nancy
> Lofkus (sp?) passion was evident and it seemed as
> if a few of the councilpersons were quick to
> deflect. Where are Woodward and Bernstein when you
> need them?

You've just made it clear that either you don't vote or you don't live in the City (or both.). The water treatment plant sale was neither a secret nor the sole decision of the Council. The Council made the reccommndation after several mailings, surveys and publicized town meetings. However, the City residents voted overwhelmingly by referendum to sell it.

Posted by: TheBMan ()
Date: May 03, 2014 05:02PM

I know Norce - he is a good guy and would be a great mayor. Fiscally Consevative. Cant stand Obama or Gerry Connolly. Has lived in Fairfax for a while. Successful in the insurance business. Very active in coaching youth baseball. He would be a refreshing change compared to the idiots we currently have.

Date: May 03, 2014 08:16PM

You got me lol...I'm a recent transplant to the city and I haven't participated in any election here to date. The water system question that Nancy brought up was interesting, that is all. If there is nothing there, then it will die on the vine. No issue.
City level politics is very interesting. It's necessary to shake up the status quo.

Date: May 03, 2014 08:22PM

No need to call the current mayor and council "idiots". You may disagree with their direction, but I'll bet their hearts are in the right place. Keep the discussion on a higher plane...the correct side should prevail. For the record, I think John Norce is on the correct side...

Posted by: Stratford ()
Date: May 03, 2014 10:15PM

One thing's for certain: Now that there's finally a competitive election in Fairfax City, I bet Scott Silverthorne and the rest of Council will push through the change to 4-year elections, whatever the results of the November referendum.

I think the incumbents are scared witless by challengers who are actually on top of issues and are willing to bring them to task for some of their troubling decisions.

There's nothing politicians hate more than competition, so I have no doubt they will force this 4-year term issue down our throats as a gift to themselves once they're re-elected (and Silverthorne will certainly be re-elected, despite the good challenge).

Posted by: Susie ()
Date: May 04, 2014 10:32AM

Do I understand correctly that Norce has not voted in any City election? I believe it is your civic duty to vote even if u don't like the incumbents!

Posted by: Megan Morrison ()
Date: May 04, 2014 11:07AM

Susie Wrote:
> Do I understand correctly that Norce has not voted
> in any City election? I believe it is your civic
> duty to vote even if u don't like the incumbents!

Even if true, I'm not sure that matters as much as Silverthorne's allies are saying. After all, Dwight Eisenhower never voted before he became president because he was turned off by politics as usual. It's an easy concept to understand.

Posted by: Fairfax unemployment office ()
Date: May 04, 2014 03:05PM

Does silverthorne have a job?

Posted by: Voting Tuesday ()
Date: May 04, 2014 04:57PM

My understanding that Silverthorne has been in government affairs and the last few years has been in executive search. I spoke to him and he's been interested in going back to his former line of work. Frankly, who cares. The guy is giving the City more attention in the meantime and always responds to my emails. Based on that alone and that Norce has never voted in a City election while living here 12 years is enough for me. Scott isn't perfect but he at least cares enough to be responsive, even when I disagree with him.

Loftus-Norce alliance?
Posted by: Fairfax First? ()
Date: May 04, 2014 05:12PM

After seeing Loftus signs appear in yards with Norce, makes me wonder what she's up to? I had her on my list but now thinking twice. Their rhetoric is also identical. We all love this City but it's nothing but criticism from their camps. I'd like to know what they want to accomplish beyond cutting taxes. Conservative Stombres pushed through environmental issues (recycling in the City is now one of the highest in Virginia) and also was willing to cut some services - he was upfront and honest about what he would cut. Nothing from Loftus-Norce on specifics. I'm disappointed.

Posted by: Dumb or dumber ()
Date: May 04, 2014 07:29PM

So any council candidates whose signs are on a residents lawn are working together? They are not in competition than? Wow same person posting about voting record. Wow..can we institute a voter iq test?

Posted by: Al ... ()
Date: May 05, 2014 10:38PM

what party is he?

Posted by: VOTED FR HIM ()
Date: May 06, 2014 08:47AM

I VOTED FOR HIM TODAy

Posted by: SSS ()
Date: May 06, 2014 12:18PM

HOPE U WIN

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.