HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
This board sets a bad example for Fairfax County. Perhaps we need moderation.
Posted by: Citizen Respect ()
Date: April 17, 2017 03:57PM

As far as I know, this forum is one of the few board's that centers itself around what is happening in Fairfax County. And that truly worries me.
Anyone doing a Google search of Fairfax County (say they are looking to move here) will more than likely stumble across this forum. And I'm guessing that what they find here and read they will find appalling. I know I would. Who would want to even consider moving to our county when they read all the negative things that are posted here.
And this sub-forum of Fairfax Underground is supposed to be the moderated and "safe place" for people to express their opinions. It might have been in the past, but for some reason, it is far from that safe place at the moment.
It's simply embarrassing, and I would hope like hell that people that discover and peruse this board would not think that Fairfax County is representative of what is posted here. On the other hand, many people DO read this forum and DO feel this board represents Fairfax County.
The problem, as previously mentioned, is that there aren't many other regional boards in play.
I think we need to move this sub-forum back to the more moderated and safe place it once was. Take the bullshxt to the other forum. Make this place appropriate for our kids, people looking at FC from the outside, and the respectable citizens who make up the overwhelming majority of our county.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This board sets a bad example for Fairfax County. Perhaps we need moderation.
Posted by: Gayvid Blimmo ()
Date: April 17, 2017 04:00PM

Citizen Respect Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I think we need to move this sub-forum back to the
> more moderated and safe place it once was.

Would you like it to be furnished with cybercoloring books, cybercrayons and virtual puppies, too?

Re: This board sets a bad example for Fairfax County. Perhaps we need moderation.
Posted by: phelpsmarc ()
Date: April 17, 2017 04:10PM

Actually, it might help a few people understand some of the realities of Fairfax County Gov't so they can make an informed decision before moving here.

Posted by: Been here over 6 years ()
Date: April 17, 2017 04:25PM

This isn't an official Fairfax County forum designed to promote the County. This is Cary's forum designed for people to come to and spout off whatever happens to be on their minds. If you feel the mission of this forum should be different I would suggest that you assemble a group that can buy Cary out. Then you can turn it into whatever you want.

I do not ever recall this sub-forum being advertised as a "safe place" for anyone to do anything. Ever since I came here it has been a place you need to be prepared to roll in the mud and get scrapes and bruises. It is a place for people to go and express how they really feel, not a place where they have to hold back for fear of hurting someone else's feelings. This serves an important role in society. Again that is how Cary seems to want it to work, and if you have a problem with that you should approach Cary about buying him out and taking over.

Posted by: Who is asking/stating this Shit? ()
Date: April 17, 2017 04:31PM

Who is this guy/girl? About 4 or 5 posts about signing in/age limits/censorship/sunshine and roses up the ass. WTF?

Posted by: just saying ()
Date: April 17, 2017 04:31PM

There are many good things that have come from the affluence and fingertip knowledge that the information age of personal computers and the internet has created. One of the downsides however, is the severe loss of critical thinking skills, and an inability to discern what's factual and truthful. Anyone who wants to truely understand the difference between a trolling idiot, and someone with a valid thoughtful point of view, can weed their way through a forum such as this with little effort. As for trying to idiot proof the world, it has been my experience that they just keep making better idiots. Therefore, it becomes an exercise in futility, and just makes things more difficult for everyone else. Leave things as they are. If someone doesn't like it, don't read it.

Posted by: Ben. F ()
Date: April 17, 2017 04:34PM

Why not start your own board snowflake instead of trampling on free speach. Go away.

Posted by: Safe Space ()
Date: April 17, 2017 05:02PM

The "safe space" here is the forum named "off topic." Go peruse there.

Posted by: seconded ()
Date: April 17, 2017 05:06PM

Ben. F Wrote:
> Why not start your own board snowflake instead of
> trampling on free speach. Go away.

I was about to post the exact same thing. Hosting plans are cheap and include the software. You could easily run your own site.

Posted by: Mi Nombre is Juan ()
Date: April 17, 2017 05:09PM

I see where the OP is coming from. Perhaps the solution is to take "Fairfax" out of the board's name.

Posted by: Vijay Singe ()
Date: April 17, 2017 05:11PM

Mi Nombre is Juan Wrote:
> I see where the OP is coming from. Perhaps the
> solution is to take "Fairfax" out of the board's
> name.

Good suggestion.

Posted by: Dr. Memory ()
Date: April 17, 2017 05:35PM

To what would you change the name?

Posted by: No Censorship ()
Date: April 17, 2017 06:35PM

Sounds like Congressman Connolley wants the board censored and he's sent his astroturfers our way.

There are plenty of local boards which have censorship. On one of them I posed that I suspected Hilary was licking Huma's gash. That got me banned for life.

Posted by: Gc4DT ()
Date: April 17, 2017 06:41PM

OP is just another American hating liberal asshole. A typical resident of FFX County.

Posted by: Been here for 4 Decades ()
Date: April 17, 2017 06:49PM

If you were researching Fairfax County, and came across this forum in an effort to gain knowledge about life in this area, I have one suggestion for you - Stay the fuck away.

We are full up with assholes, morons, nogs, spics, assorted gooks, and cry babies.

Posted by: criminals and crooked politician ()
Date: April 17, 2017 06:52PM

No Censorship Wrote:
> Sounds like Congressman Connolley wants the board
> censored and he's sent his astroturfers our way.
>
>
> There are plenty of local boards which have
> censorship. On one of them I posed that I
> suspected Hilary was licking Huma's gash. That
> got me banned for life.

It's evident that Gerry Connolly is in league with the Moreno Crime Family. The Morenos want the board shut down and have enlisted Gerry's assistance.
Attachments:
20160421_125603_50.jpg

Posted by: Burke Parkway ()
Date: April 17, 2017 06:52PM

Gc4DT Wrote:
> OP is just another American hating liberal
> asshole. A typical resident of FFX County.

As a Fairfax county resident, the OP has the right to post his point of view. He brings up a good point. Do we want the rest of America to think this is a good place to live and raise our kids, or do we want them to think this is Deporable Central?

Posted by: 4bN6H ()
Date: April 17, 2017 07:06PM

Burke Parkway Wrote:
> Gc4DT Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OP is just another American hating liberal
> > asshole. A typical resident of FFX County.
>
> As a Fairfax county resident, the OP has the right
> to post his point of view. He brings up a good
> point. Do we want the rest of America to think
> this is a good place to live and raise our kids,
> or do we want them to think this is Deporable
> Central?

Yes, the world needs to know the truth. FFX county is an Anti American shit hole overrun by liberal shit heads. It is a totally shitty county to raise kids. If you love your children, your not a liberal so you wouldn't live in Fairfax county. If you're a criminal, Fairfax county is a wonderful wonderland of free shit.

Posted by: Deplorable Resident ()
Date: April 17, 2017 07:11PM

Burke Parkway Wrote:
> Gc4DT Wrote:
> -----
>
> Central?

What the fuck is a "Deporable? Guess you are a product of the FCPS -

Posted by: donald jay trump ()
Date: April 17, 2017 07:14PM

Deplorable Resident Wrote:

> What the fuck is a "Deporable? Guess you are a
> product of the FCPS -

http://time.com/4486502/hillary-clinton-basket-of-deplorables-transcript/

Posted by: NEF4E ()
Date: April 19, 2017 07:46PM

^^^^ guilt complex

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: April 19, 2017 08:39PM

Burke Parkway Wrote:
> Gc4DT Wrote:
> -----
>
> Central?

Attachments:
okay w that.png

Posted by: county employee ()
Date: April 23, 2017 08:13PM

Citizen Respect Wrote:
> As far as I know, this forum is one of the few
> board's that centers itself around what is
> happening in Fairfax County. And that truly
> worries me.
> Anyone doing a Google search of Fairfax County
> (say they are looking to move here) will more than
> likely stumble across this forum. And I'm
> guessing that what they find here and read they
> will find appalling. I know I would. Who would
> want to even consider moving to our county when
> they read all the negative things that are posted
> here.
> And this sub-forum of Fairfax Underground is
> supposed to be the moderated and "safe place" for
> people to express their opinions. It might have
> been in the past, but for some reason, it is far
> from that safe place at the moment.
> It's simply embarrassing, and I would hope like
> hell that people that discover and peruse this
> board would not think that Fairfax County is
> representative of what is posted here. On the
> other hand, many people DO read this forum and DO
> feel this board represents Fairfax County.
> The problem, as previously mentioned, is that
> there aren't many other regional boards in play.
> I think we need to move this sub-forum back to the
> more moderated and safe place it once was. Take
> the bullshxt to the other forum. Make this place
> appropriate for our kids, people looking at FC
> from the outside, and the respectable citizens who
> make up the overwhelming majority of our county.

I grew up here and worked for the county 36 years. Nobody gives a fuck, not even a little.

Posted by: OP is like a Muslim innigrant ()
Date: April 23, 2017 08:24PM

Moves to a place where he's uninvited, then wants a bunch of cultural accomodations. Move on, fuckstick. This is not for you.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.