HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
CertaPro Painters Scammed NEVER SHOWED UP TO DO JOB TED GARGANO RIPPOFF
Posted by: distressed ()
Date: January 12, 2016 04:59PM

Tim Rankin owner of CertaPro Painters of Albany Schenectady New York ripped me off of both my time and my money! After seeing there ad on Momeadvisor website http://www.homeadvisor.com/rated.CertaProPainters.27551795.html I thought this company was the real deal however, I was sadly mistaken by the numerous online reviews I recently found out were fraudulently obtained through there own false reports of same. It is only via there online presence that Tim Rankin, who alleges he is a painter, obtains his work by paying for leads through the Momeadvisor website. When checking on Tim Rankin the alleged sales associate who lives in a rundown apartment complex on I was told he too has ripped off several clients.

I am making this post because the people in the Capital Region need to know not to hire or trust CertaPro Painters or Ted Gargano the owner and if your considering hiring a company like them, CONSUMER BEWARE!

I recently talked to several area paint dealers at Sherwin Williams and seeking a quality painter and was told that both Tim Rankin and Ted Gargano are not professional painters and there work is less then reasonable standard, they hire uninsured workers who lack professional experience and are known as a flyby-night outfit.

I was grateful for the information I was able to obtain from the local paint dealers in Schenectady and Albany both, and am very thankful for the superb painters they referred for me to have my job done correctly.

I would not trust CertaPro Painters http://www.homeadvisor.com/rated.CertaProPainters.27551795.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B3j0NBrXkk
http://www.angieslist.com/companylist/us/ny/schenectady/certapro-painters-of-albany-reviews-297346.htm

They will bid the job, ask you for money upfront and never show up to do the job. CertaPro placed signs in our development and after talking to a family at our association meeting, I found out that they too were ripped off of nearly $3,000 dollars. The photos of the work they do is stolen off the web from stock images.

I contacted the local authorities who stated they have had numberous complaints from consumers about Ted Gargano and Tim Rankin who are under investigated by the New York State Attorney General Department of Consumer Frauds and Protection.
Attachments:
images copy.jpeg
busted.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CertaPro Painters Scammed NEVER SHOWED UP TO DO JOB TED GARGANO RIPPOFF
Posted by: opop ()
Date: January 12, 2016 06:54PM

I can't find one photo of any CertaPro Albany location painter that has any painters whites or paint on them. a dead giveaway this company is in business of booking work and relying on sub-contractors with little to no experience to do the jobs, thats probably why they have so many complaints. Ted Gargano and Tim Rankiin both are not painters, I see there adds on craigslist all the time looking for painters. The only painters that are on craigslist are out of work painters with no insurance. I recently replied to one of Teds ads and was told I had to much experience! Get that, a company that calls them self professional needs people with extensive experience, what does that tell you about them?

Posted by: Terri Gargano ()
Date: February 03, 2016 11:09AM

My name is Terri Gargano. My husband and I both own CertaPro Painters of Capital NY. I am sorry you feel this way about our company but I can guarantee that we are a professional company who has lived and worked in the Capital Region for over a decade. We do not take pictures off of the internet and post them as our own. You may contact me directly at my email address tegargano@certapro.com and I can discuss any and all of your concerns. Anyone who is reading this is also welcome to reach out to me. We are fully insuranced, always. We do not work with any companies that do not have insurance in place and these documents are available at anytime they are requested and are carried by our sales associates. Tim Rankin has worked for our company for many years and although he isn't a painter, he is trained and highly qualified to give you an accurate and fair estimate.
We NEVER ask for money upfront. We have painters on staff and they wear their painters whites everyday. You are more then welcome to ask for references at anytime during you interactions with us, from beginning to end. We have many satisfied customers.
We have ads on craiglists as well as various online companies looking for painters all the time. This is not a shady thing to do.
I think it is an unfair and angry post that you made. If you put CertaPro Painters in your browser you will find us. My husband is a very good guy and has no problem meeting with you or talking to you if you feel like you were mistreated. We never want any customer to be so angry and upset.
I am sure if you contact Sherwin Williams directly and speak to Bill at 518-374-4406, he will give you an honest opinion of us and our company. We are a family owned business and rely highly on word of mouth referrals. Our website is albany.certapro.com, you can go on there and read about us.
Our office number is 518-631-4116, the girl in the office is named Anna and she can help you with anything you need.
We are not a scam and we are not frauds looking to rip off anyone. I hope that people reading this will take their time to do their own investigations on our company and form their own opinions of us. I am very proud of my husband and our family business. Please reach out to us with any and all concerns.

Posted by: 4cv5b6n7m8,9 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 07:51PM

Records indicate that Certapro Painting company has more consumer related complaints then any other painting company around. Your website states that you do commercial related projects like condos and apartments and medical facilities however your company does not have any references to back it up and your company is built on more hope so's then know so's.

Truth is, Certapro is not certified in anything because New York State does not offer any painting certifications you allege on your website. You hire crews with little experience and hardly can someone in the business a decade be considered a certified professional painter even if there was such a certification.

Your husband does not return calls and does not show up when he says he will, he fails to return phone calls.

CertaPro is a young company with very little experience billing itself as a professional outfit. Professional painting companies do not hire 2 and 3 year seasoned painters and call them professionals.

A person painting by union standards is an apprentice for up to 5 years before becoming a professional painter. Hiring people with several years experience qualifies them to be good helpers, not professional painters.

Posted by: alsdf00- ()
Date: March 28, 2016 08:09PM

Posted by: foryourinfromation ()
Date: March 29, 2016 11:17AM

Hi Terry Gargano, Let me introduce you to the better business bureau report on your company,

First I would like to say that your company has more consumer related reviews that are negative then any other painting company in our region.

Your company is a scam because you use people to do your projects that have virtually no experience at all in the painting and allied trades.

Here is your company review on BBB.org You have a C rating with is horrible for a painting company.

http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york/business-reviews/painting-contractors/certapro-painters-in-schenectady-ny-235973861

So do me a favor, don't come online and talk about how good your husband is because he rips people off and does shoddy work.

Posted by: kuKtG ()
Date: March 29, 2016 12:13PM

> New York State Attorney General Department of Consumer Frauds and Protection.

are a scam

file a a police report followed by a felony lawsuit immediately

but i'm just guessing your a city slicker spreading the rumor that complaining to an agency should be done not arrest and lawsuits

because who needs consumers to beleive that lawsuits and arrests aren't possible: is the people who are involved running scams

infact in fairfax county va the car dealers and courthouse and fx co gov are complicit in telling consumers to "complain to the agriculture dept."

what that does is delay a person long enough to prohibit a police report and court filing

file immediately or shut the fuck up and stop spreading your facist rumors "you can't do anything about theft" and your communist rumors "you just have to accept what goverment allows and not expect any laws be done"

> Better Business Bureau Website

will only bullshit you

call the BBB locally you'll get an illegal spic female answer , likely hired through bull-o-va gov.

call the police or shut the fuck up

report visible on fx co gov police weekly report or shut the fuck up

Posted by: 4c5v6b7n8 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 01:51PM

Hi Terry Gargano,

I wanted to tell you that your a scam as well, you applied chemicals to properties without a license and was busted by the state of new york.

here is a link to the issues so don't tell us your painting company is the real deal when we already know the type of company you run.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/legal_protection_pdf/scottslawn.pdf

Posted by: Ian archer ()
Date: April 23, 2017 08:09AM

This is one of CertaPro's big selling points. "We never ask for money up front."
Well, what difference does that make in the quality of the work? None.
Look, just stay away from Certa Pro. The local franchise here has to hire subs from the nearest city 40 miles distant because there isn't a local contractor in his right mind that would sub the work out for 50 cents on the dollar. It's just bad business, because I guarantee that every sub that walks in a clients door, the first thing on his mind is 'where can I cut corners in order to at least make a decent wage on this job.' This is human nature. It just also happens to be their business model. Hire/exploit undocumented and unskilled workers, throw them at a job and hope it all works out.

Posted by: #1 Terry Gargano fan ()
Date: April 23, 2017 08:18AM

Terry Gargano saved my life and is a wonderful, painting professional! Please stop besmirching the great Terry Gargano.

Posted by: Waste of a thread ()
Date: April 23, 2017 08:32AM

So what the fuck does a local contractor operating in upstate New York have to do with Fairfax County VIRGINIA?

Posted by: Scholar ()
Date: April 23, 2017 11:24AM

Waste of a thread Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what the fuck does a local contractor operating
> in upstate New York have to do with Fairfax County
> VIRGINIA?

This was my question. Why is somebody posting a complaint about a painting firm in the Capital District of New York State on a forum in the National Capital Area?

If there is a similar forum for the New York State Capital District, OP might be better off posting it there.

Posted by: #1 Terry Gargano fan ()
Date: April 23, 2017 11:48AM

Terry Gargano is a trusted professional who does quality work at a reasonable rate.
You won't regret hiring Terry Gargano.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.