HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Security force at Tyson's Corner today
Posted by: Mrs. K ()
Date: January 18, 2009 10:05PM

Took my son to see a movie today at Tyson's Corner - AMC theater. Don't know if it was secret service or a private security force, but there was plenty of them.

Mrs. K

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Security force at Tyson's Corner today
Posted by: Why? Wanna Stalk Me ()
Date: January 18, 2009 10:13PM

Ok and?

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: January 18, 2009 10:28PM

Mrs. K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Took my son to see a movie today at Tyson's Corner
> - AMC theater. Don't know if it was secret service
> or a private security force, but there was plenty
> of them.
>
> Mrs. K

what did they look like?

Were there white police cars with gold badges on the front doors? Those would be Uniformed Secret Service.

Were there lots of dark SUVs, some with low profile emergency light bars on the roofs? Those could be secret service, or state department security, or FBI or even private security.

Were they wearing suits? Again, secret service or state department, or FBI.

If you saw any DC cops, then it was definitely a cabinet member and his secret service detail.

Someone told me that there's a FEMA group staying at the hotel behind where Linens and Things used to be. Maybe they had something to do with that?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 18, 2009 10:30PM

I saw a box-truck sorta thing driving around Tysons yesterday. It said something like "DC Mobile Technical Command Center". It turned onto Idylwood Drive from 7.

Posted by: Local Idiot ()
Date: January 18, 2009 10:33PM

I was up there around 1:30. On the top level movie theater/food court entrance there were a few limos. The security were in black SUVs and there were a few standing around in dark suits

there were at least 3 security vehicles and 10 dudes in suits so whoever this was must have been pretty honkin important

Posted by: BHO ()
Date: January 18, 2009 10:48PM

Obama and his family were there to see a movie this afternoon.

Posted by: excited ()
Date: January 18, 2009 10:49PM

I saw a green car today. And, oh, I saw a dog out for a walk and I also saw a plane take off from the airport!

Pretty exciting stuff! Every bit as exciting as those cooking shows on PBS! Anyone have a paper bag before I hyperventilate?

Posted by: Local Idiot ()
Date: January 18, 2009 10:55PM

excited Wrote:
> I saw a green car today. And, oh, I saw a dog out
> for a walk and I also saw a plane take off from
> the airport!

horrible attempt at being funny

we're commenting on the fact there are a lot of famous people around here in our backyard. you're making a far reach in a failed attempt to make fun of someone and falling flat on your fgt face

Date: January 18, 2009 11:01PM

Local Idiot Wrote:
> I was up there around 1:30. On the top level movie
> theater/food court entrance there were a few
> limos. The security were in black SUVs and there
> were a few standing around in dark suits
>
> there were at least 3 security vehicles and 10
> dudes in suits so whoever this was must have been
> pretty honkin important

I'm not sure, but I believe that official government security details usually have marked police cars, in addition to the SUVs and limousines. So I'm guessing it was probably a prominent but private citizen??

Every once in a while you'll see them racing along the dulles access road. They always have DC police cars and sometimes a fairfax county cop car as well (I guess depending on where they originated from). Those are cabinet members and other really high officials.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2009 11:03PM by Bob.

Posted by: Paul Blart ()
Date: January 18, 2009 11:30PM

Was this guy on duty?
Attachments:
13001a.jpg

Posted by: Mrs. K ()
Date: January 19, 2009 12:09AM

Hahaha. No, it wasn't Paul Blart the Mall Cop.

Yeah, so I didn't see the vehicles, just all of the men in suits, with dark over-coats.

Oh, and later on (about 3:45) we saw Ted Leonsis. He was so busy trying to look cool with his pompador hair, that he almost ran over my kid. He's shorter than I remembered from our AOL days.

Mrs. K

Posted by: AJ ()
Date: January 19, 2009 01:00AM

that would be a pompadoo...

Date: January 19, 2009 01:12AM

Mrs. K Wrote:
> Hahaha. No, it wasn't Paul Blart the Mall Cop.
>
> Yeah, so I didn't see the vehicles, just all of
> the men in suits, with dark over-coats.
>
> Oh, and later on (about 3:45) we saw Ted Leonsis.
> He was so busy trying to look cool with his
> pompador hair, that he almost ran over my kid.
> He's shorter than I remembered from our AOL days.
>
> Mrs. K

Then it was probably some private citizen of some "importance".

My aunt goes to the hairdresser at the Four Seasons, "George" something or other, and he said that Oprah had rented out the entire top floor of the four seasons for her staff and crew and stylists, etc. Plus you had U2, Bruce Springsteen, Mellencamp, Stevie Wonder and all sorts of other big names performing today, so it seems like all of fameland is in town. Even Steve Carell was at that concert.

But with Leonsis in the mix, my guess is that it was just a bunch of really rich people who decided to exert their power of wealth on us little people. We're all used to politicians doing that, I guess they figured it was time we learned to accept their importance as well.

Rosie started the whole thing by saying nobody should be allowed to own a gun, and then hired a bodyguard with a concealed carry permit because she was famous and had threats on her family. Now it's just "we're rich, accept our motorcades and security details telling you where you can and can't be inside a public shopping center."

Fuck, is this Brazil or Mexico City?

Posted by: HooLeo ()
Date: January 19, 2009 03:28AM

Bob Wrote:
> Mrs. K Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----

>
> Fuck, is this Brazil or Mexico City?

Not quite yet, but there are nutjobs who think it should be.
Border? What border?

Posted by: Winston Smith ()
Date: January 19, 2009 09:23AM

Welcome to the new United Police States. And don't forget to report all suspicious behavior as well as all un-approved thought.

Posted by: Anonymous321 ()
Date: August 24, 2010 05:21PM

I was there and I saw them too. Looked like they were following around some white guy with blondish/reddish hair who was also in a suit. Don't know who he was but he must have been important. They stopped next to the kid's play area and stood in a circle talking for quite a while. That was after they followed the guy into the men's room.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: August 24, 2010 08:00PM

I can recall the time VP Cheney was coming into IAD, they had an entire section of the drop-off zone cordoned off with squad cars, black SUVs, everything. They had multiple convoys racing to the airport as well.

It's still not as cool as the time when they had the Humvees stationed around the Pentagon with the S2A missile launchers. That was badass.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.