HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why don't people clean off snow off they're cars before they hit the highway?
Posted by: Why don't people clean off snow? ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:25PM

Why don't people clean off snow off they're cars before they hit the highway?

I was on the 66 earlier today and some Jetta had a box of snow on the roof and the back window and side-windows hadn't been cleared off the road.

This car was driving 60+mph and wasn't giving a shit that snow was flying onto other cars and creating hazards.

Why do people do this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why don't people clean off snow off they're cars before they hit the highway?
Posted by: Bitch bitch ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:30PM

What a fucking baby. Afraid some snow might get on your Beemer?

What hazard? Snow falls out of the sky doesnt it, whats the fucking difference you whiney baby.

Re: Why don't people clean off snow off they're cars before they hit the highway?
Posted by: Jason Berry ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:36PM

I'm going to report all of you who don't clean the snow off your cars! It is dangerous for us bikers. If I see it, I

WILL

contact all media outlets.

Better yet, ditch your earth killing machines and ride a bike!

1209177_10200935708847413_13001647_n.jpg

Posted by: yeah ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:38PM

It's funny cuz that dude drives a Jetta.

Posted by: gripped films ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:44PM

Jason Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm going to report all of you who don't clean the
> snow off your cars! It is dangerous for us bikers.
> If I see it, I

WILL

contact all media
> outlets.
>
>
> Better yet, ditch your earth killing machines and
> ride a bike!
>
>

That's right! And if you're a woman I'll beat you up while I'm at it~!

Date: March 17, 2014 11:47PM

Why don't people clean off snow? Wrote:
> Why don't people clean off snow off they're cars
> before they hit the highway?
>
> I was on the 66 earlier today and some Jetta had a
> box of snow on the roof and the back window and
> side-windows hadn't been cleared off the road.
>
> This car was driving 60+mph and wasn't giving a
> shit that snow was flying onto other cars and
> creating hazards.
>
> Why do people do this?

It's called a lack of manners and good common sense. Some people are just lazy and other just stupid. Welcome to Yankee infested Fairfax.

Posted by: News Reader ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:48PM

Because it's hard to for people to scrape with one hand and hold their cell phone with the other. It's hard enough for them to drive while on their cell phone, and now you want them to scrape while talking, too?

Fortunately, the newscasters are getting good about asking viewers to remove the snow and ice from their vehicles (including the lights) before they take off.

Posted by: Statelawbitch ()
Date: March 18, 2014 12:55AM

Bitch bitch Wrote:
> What a fucking baby. Afraid some snow might get on
> your Beemer?
>
> What hazard? Snow falls out of the sky doesnt it,
> whats the fucking difference you whiney baby.

Are you fucking serious you bitch bitch! It's not just a hazard it's the fucking law you idiot. You are responsible for the snow/ice that comes off your car. Some of the idiots around here like your punk ass, dont clean their car off and this snow on top of their car melts a little and then re freezes into a 5 foot by 5 foot block of ice. Then these assholes drive down 66 or 495 at sixty five until it blows off and hits another vehicle causing incredible damage or worse. Take a couple of minutes and scrape the snow off the top of your car or truck and avoid this dangerous, unlawful problem.

Posted by: MEMEMEMEME ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:42AM

Because this area is full of self-important douches who care only about themselves, not about taking an extra 3 minutes to brush the snow off their roof so they don't cause someone else harm when it flies off their car at 60+ MPH. No, that would mean thinking about one's effect on other people. Who cares about that when it is all about you, right?

Posted by: Irony.... ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:05AM

Ice Slab Crushes Car She Just Paid Off
http://www.nbcnews.com/#/news/weird-news/ice-slab-crushes-car-she-just-paid-n53411
Attachments:
140314-ice-car-ct-2152_b82eeeacd6137f3c60ed565838ac78d9.jpg

Posted by: Vienna metro ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:27AM

Saw this at Vienna Metro level 3 today. What a fucking douche bag. It is 24 hours after the snow and this ass is too fucking lazy to clean their car.
Attachments:
snowcar.jpg

Posted by: Fuck all Cyclists ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:14AM

Jason Berry Wrote:
> I'm going to report all of you who don't clean the
> snow off your cars! It is dangerous for us bikers.
> If I see it, I

WILL

contact all media
> outlets.
>
> Better yet, ditch your earth killing machines and
> ride a bike!

I usually clean off my truck but if its dangerous to bikers then I'm going to stop.

If it puts even one of those arrogant shitheads in the hospital then it will be worth it.

Posted by: Melinda A. ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:38AM

The real question is what would Melinda do?
Attachments:
ard.jpg

Posted by: Cant handle the truth ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:51AM

The real reason FX County pussys whine about this is because its another thing that could possibly take their attention away from their iPhone for a moment.

Im a lot less worried about a flying chunk of snow and ice than I am about all the asshats flying down 66 and 495 texting and playing with their toy.

I saw one just yesterday. Swerved all the way across 4 lanes of 66 with no signal whatsoever. Got up next to her (yes a her) and she was smiling and texting away.

Posted by: thisisajokeright ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:03AM

Ha I saw a car with US GOV'T plates on 66 this morning careening in and out of traffic. The asshole cleared maybe a dinner plate worth of snow from his rearview mirror -- everywhere else was COVERED.

Posted by: ANGRYDRUNKER ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:05AM

BECAUSE I'M MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU PEASANTS.

Now GTF out of my way. I have to get to the front of the Mr. Wash line with my leased BMW!

Posted by: Why don't people clean off snow? ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:10AM

yeah Wrote:
> It's funny cuz that dude drives a Jetta.

I went to image.google.com to research images of jettas and have come to realize it was a not a jetta. It might have a Honda prelude or some type of scion car.

Posted by: WellFuck ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:16AM

Actually there is no snow removal law in Maryland and Virginia. While it does pose a hazard, those people aren't responsible for damage.

I know this because I just got a cracked windshield this morning from some fuck who didn't clean off his roof.

Posted by: funnyface ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:23AM

You are a liar. This snow hasnt gotten hard enough to crack an egg much less a windshield. Its like cotton candy.

Date: March 18, 2014 10:25AM

No lie. I live in Richmond actually. Spent a good 30 minutes clearing the ice off my car this morning, get on I-64 and I thought it was funny to see flying sheets of snow everywhere. Then 2 minutes later, a sheet flies off the SUV in front of me and hits square on my windshield and cracks it. Obviously it was ice, or it wouldn't have cracked. Pictures can be provided since I don't like being called a liar.

Date: March 18, 2014 10:26AM

And while you call me liar for that, it is TRUE that Virginia and Maryland does not have a snow removal law.

Date: March 18, 2014 10:38AM

A picture wont prove shit. It will prove some car somewhere has a cracked windshield. Dont be dumb.

Like I said, this snow is soft as a marshmellow. You probably bought the car with a cracked windshield and now you are going to make a fake insurance claim.

Date: March 18, 2014 10:45AM

Like I said, I'm in Richmond. That's 2 hours south of where you are, slapdick. You're very dim.

Posted by: Grammar Police ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:49AM

I'll answer your question if you answer mine, OP:

Why don't people learn the difference between "their" and "they're", something most people should be able to master at least by the time they complete second grade?

Date: March 18, 2014 10:58AM

WellFuck Wrote:
> Like I said, I'm in Richmond. That's 2 hours
> south of where you are, slapdick. You're very dim.

Is that a fact? And just how would you know where I am oh brilliant one?

If I'm dim, your light is out.

Posted by: Lib Response ()
Date: March 19, 2014 05:13AM

As a liberal, I expect the government to send someone to clean the snow off my car. They plow roads, don't they? Why can't they clear off my car while they're at it?

Posted by: 4CFxE ()
Date: March 19, 2014 06:42AM

Just be sure to park along the snow emergency routes. The government will tow your car to the nearest government cleaning center. You can pick it up any you pay the mandatory cleaning free.

Posted by: TXxmL ()
Date: March 19, 2014 02:42PM

that can cause death on a highway

it is a moving offense

and fails inspection too

Posted by: u6Hnj ()
Date: March 19, 2014 02:43PM

oh not the covered window

covering broken windows especially if the are auxiliary to driving

is it's own section in VA code

Posted by: D3m9G ()
Date: March 19, 2014 02:45PM

why do people put large objects behind them, in the rear seating, and get on the highway ?

Posted by: pedro contractor2 ()
Date: December 14, 2015 11:52AM

I no can clean snow off my van. The snow be sticking to the 5 extention ladders on me roof.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.