HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Castaway Goes to Mexico to Deliver Dead Friend's Last Words
Posted by: Castaway ()
Date: March 16, 2014 04:59AM

Castaway Goes to Mexico to Deliver Dead Friend's Last Words
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/marshall-islands-castaway/castaway-goes-mexico-deliver-dead-friends-last-words-n53401

A shark fisherman who said he endured a year lost at sea in a seemingly incredible tale of survival arrived Friday in Mexico to meet the parents of his friend who died early in the ordeal.

Jose Salvador Alvarenga, a native of El Salvador, said he was honoring a promise he made to his buddy, Ezequiel Cordoba, that he would share the man’s last words with his family, The Associated Press reported.

Alvarenga, 37, saved those thoughts for Cordoba’s family but told reporters: "I don't feel capable yet of telling what I remember."

"When I talk about that day, I feel like I am back there in the moment when I was suffering and hurting,” he said. “... what I am trying to do is to forget that."

Alvarenga washed up on a remote Pacific atoll in a battered 24-foot fishing boat on Jan. 30. He claims that after being swept out to sea by a storm, he survived month after month on raw fish and other sea creatures, quenching his thirst with rainwater and his own urine. He said Cordoba died of starvation.

Officials have said he was dehydrated from his oceanic odyssey, but he has also complained of swollen joints, aches and pains, and mental confusion. He was walking better on Friday, the AP reported.

A book and movie about Alvarenga’s voyage may be in the works. His lawyer, Benedicto Perlea, said they were speaking with publishers and producers.

Pacific castaway Jose Salvador Alvarenga, center, accompanied by his parents, Jose Ricardo Orellana, left, and Maria Julia Alvarenga, right, arrives at Tapachula airport in Chiapas state, Mexico, on Friday.
Attachments:
140314-jose-alvarenga-2129_6504eb874bcde91bafcd87e809714a80.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Castaway Goes to Mexico to Deliver Dead Friend's Last Words
Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: March 16, 2014 06:15AM

WTF? Who cares?

Re: Castaway Goes to Mexico to Deliver Dead Friend's Last Words
Posted by: Gerry! ()
Date: March 16, 2014 02:30PM

Priapus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WTF? Who cares?

I do! Celebrate Diversity! CELEBRATE!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.