HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
It is going snow on Sunday 3.16.2014 starting around evening and ending Monay 3.17.2014 around morning time. 2 to 5 inches total expected accumalation.
Posted by: snow on 3.16.2014 into 3.17.2014 ()
Date: March 15, 2014 11:13PM

It is going to snow.

Starting tomorrow night and ending Monday morning.

We can expect 2 to 5 inches in Fairfax County.

Updated 10:30 pm March 15, 2014

http://www.wjla.com/weather/

Another round of wintry weather will threaten the mid-Atlantic late Sunday and into Monday morning.

QuickCast
Watch QuickCast
ABC7 Belfort Furniture Weather Center

Updated 9:28 pm

OVERNIGHT:Scattered Clouds, Breezy and Cool
Lows: 32°-38°
Wind: North 10-15 mph

SUNDAY: PM Rain to Wintry Mix and Snow
Highs: 37°-45°
Wind: North 5-10 mph

MONDAY: Lingering Snow Showers
Highs: lower 30s
Wind: Northeast 5-10 mph

WINTER STORM WATCH starts Sunday at 5 p.m. for the entire ABC 7 News viewing area. Click here for all the counties covered. For forecast updates and more, follow @SteveRudinABC7 on Twitter.

With an area of high pressure to the north ushering in colder air, temperatures will fall to the 30s overnight. After a dry start Sunday, clouds will increase ahead of a potent weather maker that promises to bring yet another round of wintry weather to most of the mid-Atlantic.

An area of low pressure will slide just to the south of the area late Sunday and into early Monday. Rain will likely begin around the D.C. area by late afternoon with a transition to a wintry mix by evening. Little or no accumulation will occur during this time period because of warmer air at the surface.

Warm air will eventually be replaced with colder air as the wintry mix transitions to snow. Snow will begin to stick during the late evening and overnight hours. It is important to be mindful ground temperatures will take a little time to cool. Accumulations may total two-to-five inches. Heavier amounts are likely for the Potomac Highlands and Shenandoah Valley where eight or more inches are possible. Similar to the last storm, look for a sharp cut-off point along the Mason-Dixon line where lesser amounts are in the forecast. It is also important to note, and equally difficult to forecast where localized heaver bands may occur. These areas may see five or more inches.

Low pressure will exit Monday morning leaving behind lingering snow showers and highs only in the lower 30s.

http://www.wjla.com/weather/
Attachments:
3-15-2014 wja extended forecast.JPG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It is going snow on Sunday 3.16.2014 starting around evening and ending Monay 3.17.2014 around morning time. 2 to 5 inches total expected accumalation.
Posted by: Very serious storm ()
Date: March 16, 2014 01:14AM

Flank99 told me so:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9c1_1394917302

Best weatherman, ever!

Re: It is going snow on Sunday 3.16.2014 starting around evening and ending Monay 3.17.2014 around morning time. 2 to 5 inches total expected accumalation.
Posted by: snow on 3.16.2014 into 3.17.2014 ()
Date: March 16, 2014 01:17AM

Very serious storm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Flank99 told me so:
>
> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9c1_1394917302
>
> Best weatherman, ever!

I don't trust 2nd-hand links (it's a rare phobia that I have picked with my many Internet experienced).
They could have virus, malware, spyware, bugs

What does that link say?

Posted by: ADT ()
Date: March 16, 2014 01:19AM

OP
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: March 16, 2014 02:23AM

Very serious storm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Flank99 told me so:
>
> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9c1_1394917302
>
> Best weatherman, ever!

Phew, Frankie says its gonna snow in Baltimore, Ocean City and Richmond. Glad its gonna miss us in the middle. I was worried for a sec.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.