HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DC mayor to meet with Trump at her request
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: December 05, 2016 11:41PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DC mayor to meet with Trump at her request
Posted by: just saying ()
Date: December 06, 2016 03:34AM

During this election cycle, I've observed a lot of politicians and news outlets/people loose their composure and run off at the mouth about a candidate they didn't like. While I have come to expect this from musicians and the Hollywood set of usual suspects, the extreme actions and comments from supposedly seasoned political people was surprising. Mayor Bowser was one of these politicians. Endorsing a candidate is one thing. But cheap shots at a national candidate with early on broad support is a foolish waste of political capital. Politicians use this as a means to get things done. I don't know why so many people put so much on the line for Hillary Clinton, but they are paying for choosing incorrectly. Mayor Bowser is getting a lesson on the effects of letting your emotions interfere with your job. She works for the people of DC, in the middle of a city that depends quite a bit on the federal government. Now she has to hope that Trump is more professional than she was. Time will tell. At best, this must be a humbling experience. I guess we'll see on both accounts.

Re: DC mayor to meet with Trump at her request
Posted by: Muriel Blowser blows ()
Date: December 06, 2016 10:47AM

I can only imagine all the brown-nosing she will have to engage in with the President-elect Trump today.

She would not have been elected mayor if not for Marion Barry.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.