HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Stewart: Prince William murder, gang fight point to rise in crime
Posted by: NOVA Crime ()
Date: March 14, 2014 07:29AM

Stewart: Prince William murder, gang fight point to rise in crime
http://www.insidenova.com/news/crime_police/stewart-prince-william-murder-gang-fight-point-to-rise-in/article_6134c41c-aacc-11e3-b403-0019bb2963f4.html

Prince William County Board of Supervisors Chairman Corey Stewart says he’s concerned about a possible uptick in violent crime in the county and has asked Police Chief Stephan Hudson to research recent crime trends and statistics and report back to the full board as soon as possible.

Stewart, R-At Large, noted during Tuesday’s board meeting that the county’s overall crime rate is at a 15-year low. But he said a recent spate of high-profile crimes, including the fatal shooting of a 21-year-old Woodbridge store clerk and a fight involving several teen-agers at Potomac Mills Mall, has him concerned.

“Over the last several weeks there have been several notorious incidents that seem to indicate, at least the perception is, that this drop in violent crime in Prince William County is now reversing itself and that has a lot of constituents concerned,” Stewart said.

Addressing his fellow supervisors about the issue, he added: “This community has never papered over problems. I guess it’s just the nature of this board that we bring things out in the open.”

Stewart’s concerns come amid budget planning for the 2015 fiscal year, which begins July 1. During a press conference held in his office prior to Tuesday’s meeting Stewart said he’s concerned the county hasn’t added enough police officers in recent years to keep up with population growth.

The county currently has 610 sworn police officers but should have 870, according to the county’s police staffing formula that recommends two officers for every 1,000 residents. The county’s population is estimated to exceed 430,000.

The county’s police staffing plan recommends adding 25 police officer positions each year, but the budget proposed by County Executive Melissa Peacor would add only five new officers in 2015. The county added 14 police officer positions this year, 12 in fiscal year 2013 and 10 in fiscal year 2012.

Stewart said supervisors limited hiring during the recession and need to catch up.

“We put off things that were easy to put off for a year or two, like hiring new police and new firefighters,” Stewart said. As a result, the county’s total police and fire-rescue personnel numbers are “not just a little bit lower than we should be, [they’re] a lot lower.”

When asked if current police staff numbers are affecting the department’s ability to respond to calls for assistance, Stewart said he’s not sure.

“I don’t know that and I want to find out,” he said, adding he also wants to know about current crime trends, the ages of recent perpetrators, to what extent recent crimes are related to gang activity and whether crime is up regionally.

Violent crime on the rise?

Violent crimes reported in Prince William County in 2012 were up about 9 percent from the previous year, according to the 2012 crime report. But those crimes – defined as murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault – amounted to about 6 percent of the total crime in the county in 2012, the most recent year for which statistics are available.

The 2012 report shows lower numbers of murders and aggravated assaults in 2012 compared to 2011 but slightly higher numbers of reported rapes and robberies. Police say it's important to note that some of the crimes included in the 2012 report occurred in 2011, but weren't immediately reported.

The 2013 crime statistics are still being compiled and won’t be released until later this spring or summer. But Prince William County spokesman Jonathan Perok said in an email that he doesn’t know of “any particular spike in crime.”

“Once the report is compiled and publicly available, we will have a better understanding of our current standing between 2012 and 2013,” Perok wrote.

Stewart said his recent concerns were sparked by the “absolutely heartless, execution-style murder” of Glenda Marisol Coca-Romero on Feb. 21 and the Feb. 15 mall fight that erupted in the food court on a crowded Saturday evening and was later said to be related to gang activity.

“People are waking up and wondering, what’s going on?” Stewart said, referring to the two incidents. “If this is the beginning of the reversal of this trend, we need to know about it and we need to nip it in the bud to see what we can do about this trend.”

Coca-Romero was working at Plantanillos Grocery and Jewelry on U.S. 1 in Woodbridge when three men, dressed in black with their faces covered, stormed into the store at about 9 p.m. and shot her and a 42-year-old coworker. Coca-Romero had a 10-month-old daughter. The co-worker suffered life-threatening injuries but survived. Police are still searching for the suspects and a possible motive.

Three teens – two 15-year-old Woodbridge boys and a 14-year-old Triangle boy -- were arrested and charged with malicious wounding, assault and battery and criminal gang participation in connection with the mall fight.

As evidence that crime might be up across the county, Stewart also mentioned three sexual assaults reported in the Manassas area March 8 and 9, a Nokesville bank robbery March 6 and a March 1 robbery in Triangle.

“It’s not just in Woodbridge or Dale City, it’s not just in places where people would think these things would occur. They are happening in the western end of the county,” he said.

One of the three reported sexual assaults involved a suspect who was a stranger to the victim, a 40-year-old woman who told police an unknown man climbed into her bed and sexually assaulted her March 9. The incident occurred before dawn in an apartment on Prince Cole Court.

The two other sexual assaults involved juvenile victims, a 12-year-old and 16-year-old, who told police their assailants were known acquaintances. Arrests have been made in both cases.

When asked why Chief Hudson did not also attend the Tuesday press conference, Stewart said he believed his effort needs to start with the board of supervisors.

“The police chief can only be directed by the county executive and the county executive can only be directed by the board,” he said.

Upon hearing Stewart’s concerns during the board meeting, Supervisor Maureen Caddigan, R-Potomac, also asked if Stewart had spoken to Hudson.

“He is waiting for direction from this board,” Stewart said.

Supervisor Pete Candland, R-Gainesville, said he agreed the board should look into recent crimes but added, “We don’t want to worry anyone if there isn’t a problem.”

“This might just be an anomaly,” Candland said. “We want to make sure we’re not just making rash decisions, but it might be an issue.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stewart: Prince William murder, gang fight point to rise in crime
Posted by: thisisajokeright ()
Date: March 14, 2014 08:17AM

Here we go again, let's launch a campaign against Hispanics.. *roll eyes*

Posted by: Sgt Joe Friday ()
Date: March 14, 2014 08:26AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here we go again, let's launch a campaign against
> Hispanics.. *roll eyes*

Good point. Everyone knows that the source of all crime in PW comes from white males who wear suits and work for the Federal Government. Soccer Moms are also high on the list.

PW County should spend taxpayer dollars chasing THEM instead of checking out people who are already breaking a few dozen laws just by being in the county.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: March 14, 2014 08:33AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> Here we go again, let's launch a campaign against
> Hispanics.. *roll eyes*

Hey it worked last time.Then they slacked off and the locust came slithering back.

There is no doubt the majority of the crime in PW County is gang related. Drive down Rt 1 in Hoodbridge. It looks like El Salvador on a Saturday afternoon. I expect to see Ox carts and donkeys any day.

Date: March 14, 2014 08:36AM

Sgt Joe Friday Wrote:
> thisisajokeright Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Here we go again, let's launch a campaign
> against
> > Hispanics.. *roll eyes*
>
> Good point. Everyone knows that the source of all
> crime in PW comes from white males who wear suits
> and work for the Federal Government. Soccer Moms
> are also high on the list.
>
> PW County should spend taxpayer dollars chasing
> THEM instead of checking out people who are
> already breaking a few dozen laws just by being in
> the county.

Because you know, Hispanics are the only ones that commit crimes -- no, "illegal" Hispanics at that. I can recall a few good stories over the past few years that involve whites.

The couple in Bristow who put sheetrock over their childrens door so they could get high? White. The guy selling drugs from daycare? White. The two guys who helped a black dude overdose at that shitty hotel in Old Town and then tried to set fire to his body in a parking lot down the street? White. Mal Wound and a Robbery at a 7-11 this past month? White guy. The guy growing weed in his trailer that was marked to be hit by four teens? White. The guy who stabbed his roommate a couple years ago? White.

Should I continue...??

Date: March 14, 2014 08:38AM

Stabitha Wrote:
> -----
> > Here we go again, let's launch a campaign
> against
> > Hispanics.. *roll eyes*
>
> Hey it worked last time.Then they slacked off and
> the locust came slithering back.
>
> There is no doubt the majority of the crime in PW
> County is gang related. Drive down Rt 1 in
> Hoodbridge. It looks like El Salvador on a
> Saturday afternoon. I expect to see Ox carts and
> donkeys any day.

Stabby I fucking love you but you've gotta quit it with the racism toward Hispanics. I've been to El Salvador four times while we were waiting for my husband's visa and it is GORGEOUS. If you'd ever been to central america you would see there is NO work there. NONE. Whatsoever. There's simply no industry, no money.

Date: March 14, 2014 08:41AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> >
>
> Because you know, Hispanics are the only ones that
> commit crimes -- no, "illegal" Hispanics at that.
> I can recall a few good stories over the past few
> years that involve whites.
>
> The couple in Bristow who put sheetrock over their
> childrens door so they could get high? White. The
> guy selling drugs from daycare? White. The two
> guys who helped a black dude overdose at that
> shitty hotel in Old Town and then tried to set
> fire to his body in a parking lot down the street?
> White. Mal Wound and a Robbery at a 7-11 this past
> month? White guy. The guy growing weed in his
> trailer that was marked to be hit by four teens?
> White. The guy who stabbed his roommate a couple
> years ago? White.
>
> Should I continue...??

I see what you did there.

Comparing a guy growing weed to violent MS-13 related murders is pretty weak.

Date: March 14, 2014 08:44AM

Stabitha Wrote:

>
> Comparing a guy growing weed to violent MS-13
> related murders is pretty weak.

Oh please. Prince William has maybe 2 murders A YEAR. You act like we're fucking SE DC.

Date: March 14, 2014 08:46AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
>
> Oh please. Prince William has maybe 2 murders A
> YEAR. You act like we're fucking SE DC.

Getting there.

Ive seen PW County change drastically in the last 10 years. One of the reasons I moved away from that hell hole

Date: March 14, 2014 08:47AM

Stabitha Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > Oh please. Prince William has maybe 2 murders A
> > YEAR. You act like we're fucking SE DC.
>
> Getting there.
>
> Ive seen PW County change drastically in the last
> 10 years. One of the reasons I moved away from
> that hell hole

Seriously though, the majority of crime committed in PWC is pretty much spread even between whites, blacks and Hispanics. Corey Stewart HATES Hispanics and I'm 99% sure his hate mongering has lead to the departure of many, many Latinos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 08:48AM by thisisajokeright.

Posted by: tvpUh ()
Date: March 14, 2014 08:49AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> Stabitha Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > Comparing a guy growing weed to violent MS-13
> > related murders is pretty weak.
>
>
> Oh please. Prince William has maybe 2 murders A
> YEAR. You act like we're fucking SE DC.

They've had a bunch this year so far.

Date: March 14, 2014 08:50AM

tvpUh Wrote:
> -----
> > Stabitha Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > Comparing a guy growing weed to violent MS-13
> > > related murders is pretty weak.
> >
> >
> > Oh please. Prince William has maybe 2 murders A
> > YEAR. You act like we're fucking SE DC.
>
> They've had a bunch this year so far.

I've heard of one. Please, link me to the others.

Posted by: Sgt Joe Friday ()
Date: March 14, 2014 08:51AM

> > thisisajokeright Wrote:
> >

>
> Because you know, Hispanics are the only ones that
> commit crimes -- no, "illegal" Hispanics at that.
> I can recall a few good stories over the past few
> years that involve whites.
>
> The couple in Bristow who put sheetrock over their
> childrens door so they could get high? White. The
> guy selling drugs from daycare? White. The two
> guys who helped a black dude overdose at that
> shitty hotel in Old Town and then tried to set
> fire to his body in a parking lot down the street?
> White. Mal Wound and a Robbery at a 7-11 this past
> month? White guy. The guy growing weed in his
> trailer that was marked to be hit by four teens?
> White. The guy who stabbed his roommate a couple
> years ago? White.
>
> Should I continue...??

Uhm, do you want to talk "general crime" and cherry pick your cases? Or do you want to address the issues raised but the OP? Increase in violent crime in PW - with the notable recent cases being:

- Stabbings at Manassas Mall (non-white)
- Fight at Food Court at Potomac Mills (non-white)
- Shooting at convenience store in Woodbridge (victim non-white) - and you can bet your next 10 paychecks that the perpetrator isn't either.

They all point to minority-based, gang-related criminal activity.

I'll bet you're one of those people who likes for the TSA to strip search old ladies at the airport. So as not to "profile" those who fit the profile of terrorists.

Date: March 14, 2014 08:57AM

Sgt Joe Friday Wrote:

>
> I'll bet you're one of those people who likes for
> the TSA to strip search old ladies at the airport.
> So as not to "profile" those who fit the profile
> of terrorists.

So what if I am? My LEGAL husband faces racial profiling on a daily basis, and it's unfair.

Date: March 14, 2014 09:01AM

Its not just the crime committed by illegals in PW County that is the problem.

They have destroyed many once nice neighborhoods with their "hispanic" lifestyle, i.e. packing 20 people into a 2 bedroom house, creating parking lots out of front yards, trash and junk everywhere, rampant loitering particularly at local 7-11's.

They are giving the resident white trash a run for their money.

Date: March 14, 2014 09:11AM

Stabitha Wrote:
> Its not just the crime committed by illegals in PW
> County that is the problem.
>
> They have destroyed many once nice neighborhoods
> with their "hispanic" lifestyle, i.e. packing 20
> people into a 2 bedroom house, creating parking
> lots out of front yards, trash and junk
> everywhere, rampant loitering particularly at
> local 7-11's.
>
> They are giving the resident white trash a run for
> their money.

I won't lie, IDK why they pack 20 into one house. When hub was in ES he lived in a house with 11 other people. Please believe it's only him and I and our daughter in our apartment right now, even though he has other family members here in the US.

Posted by: all the way with the KKK ()
Date: March 14, 2014 09:14AM

Stabitha Wrote:
> Its not just the crime committed by illegals in PW
> County that is the problem.
>
> They have destroyed many once nice neighborhoods
> with their "hispanic" lifestyle, i.e. packing 20
> people into a 2 bedroom house, creating parking
> lots out of front yards, trash and junk
> everywhere, rampant loitering particularly at
> local 7-11's.
>
> They are giving the resident white trash a run for
> their money.

I'm sure you all have heard about the affects of introducing a foreign species to a place that is not indgenous to them. Right?

Well the same applies to the locusts that flock here and look at the results!

Date: March 14, 2014 09:16AM

all the way with the KKK Wrote:
> Stabitha Wrote:
> -----
> > Its not just the crime committed by illegals in
> PW
> > County that is the problem.
> >
> > They have destroyed many once nice
> neighborhoods
> > with their "hispanic" lifestyle, i.e. packing
> 20
> > people into a 2 bedroom house, creating parking
> > lots out of front yards, trash and junk
> > everywhere, rampant loitering particularly at
> > local 7-11's.
> >
> > They are giving the resident white trash a run
> for
> > their money.
>
>
> I'm sure you all have heard about the affects of
> introducing a foreign species to a place that is
> not indgenous to them. Right?
>
> Well the same applies to the locusts that flock
> here and look at the results!

God I hate white people. I really do.

Date: March 14, 2014 09:32AM

How do you know that poster is white?

Youre being just as racist as the ones you are accusing of being racist.

Youre losing credibility fast.

Date: March 14, 2014 09:46AM

Stabitha Wrote:
> How do you know that poster is white?
>
> Youre being just as racist as the ones you are
> accusing of being racist.
>
> Youre losing credibility fast.

I'm allowed to be ashamed of my own race, I really am.

Date: March 14, 2014 09:48AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> Stabitha Wrote:
> -----
> > How do you know that poster is white?
> >
> > Youre being just as racist as the ones you are
> > accusing of being racist.
> >
> > Youre losing credibility fast.
>

I'm allowed to be ashamed of my own race, I really am. Also, how do I know the poster is white? When have they ever allowed anyone of color into the KKK, as his user name implies he's "rooting" for?? Ass.

Posted by: Puleeease ()
Date: March 14, 2014 10:10AM

Your first mistake is taking anything on FU at face value. Just because someone posts as 'All the way with the KKK' doesnt mean shit.

Racists come in all colors.

When you make a blanket statement that you hate white people, you are being a racist and are no better than a KKK member.

Date: March 14, 2014 10:18AM

Puleeease Wrote:
> Your first mistake is taking anything on FU at
> face value. Just because someone posts as 'All the
> way with the KKK' doesnt mean shit.
>
> Racists come in all colors.
>
> When you make a blanket statement that you hate
> white people, you are being a racist and are no
> better than a KKK member.

99% of my fellow whites are insufferable simply because they're too close-minded to accept anything other than straight, pure-white, god loving, gun toting hicks. It drives me batshit insane that one group of people can be so fucking racist and xenophobic towards others and completely ignore the plight and struggle of other races.

So fucking sue me.

Posted by: Puleeease ()
Date: March 14, 2014 10:21AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> > 99% of my fellow whites are insufferable simply
> because they're too close-minded to accept
> anything other than straight, pure-white, god
> loving, gun toting hicks.

Well that pretty much seals it. You are a racist. Thanks for being honest.

Posted by: lolwtf4 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 10:24AM

thisisajokeright Wrote:
> Puleeease Wrote:
> -----
> > Your first mistake is taking anything on FU at
> > face value. Just because someone posts as 'All
> the
> > way with the KKK' doesnt mean shit.
> >
> > Racists come in all colors.
> >
> > When you make a blanket statement that you hate
> > white people, you are being a racist and are no
> > better than a KKK member.
>
>
> 99% of my fellow whites are insufferable simply
> because they're too close-minded to accept
> anything other than straight, pure-white, god
> loving, gun toting hicks. It drives me batshit
> insane that one group of people can be so fucking
> racist and xenophobic towards others and
> completely ignore the plight and struggle of other
> races.
>
> So fucking sue me.

Troll score: 61/100

I don't want to encourage you to troll harder, but you clearly have room for improvement.

Date: March 14, 2014 10:52AM

Puleeease Wrote:
> -----
> > > 99% of my fellow whites are insufferable
> simply
> > because they're too close-minded to accept
> > anything other than straight, pure-white, god
> > loving, gun toting hicks.
>
> Well that pretty much seals it. You are a racist.
> Thanks for being honest.

I fit in nicely here then, huh?

Posted by: Stabitha Wrote: ()
Date: March 14, 2014 11:31AM

Stabitha Wrote:
> How do you know that poster is white?
>
> Youre being just as racist as the ones you are
> accusing of being racist.
>
> Youre losing credibility fast.

Crediility and racist?
The old pot versus kettle routine.

Date: March 14, 2014 11:35AM

Stabitha Wrote: Wrote:
> Stabitha Wrote:
> -----
> > How do you know that poster is white?
> >
> > Youre being just as racist as the ones you are
> > accusing of being racist.
> >
> > Youre losing credibility fast.
>
> Crediility and racist?
> The old pot versus kettle routine.

Like I give a shit about "credibility" here. I don't know how my discontent with my fellow whites has anything to do with any of your abilities to "trust" or "believe in" me.

Posted by: aging debbie does dallas fan ()
Date: March 14, 2014 04:17PM

this is an old story

it was not long ago they got federal aid (likely itself stolen and a crime)

AND recently the FBI was called to that area

------------------------
catch up on your reading. :)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.