HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Does Fairfax experience onshore/offshore breezes?
Posted by: WkVwp ()
Date: September 14, 2016 04:34PM

I noticed that in the morning and afternoon there is a breeze. I googled it and read up on onshore/offshore breezes, which occur more in the summer months, near water bodies. Does this area get any influence from the Chesapeake Bay or the ocean which cause these morning and afternoon breezes? Or are we too far away?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does Fairfax experience onshore/offshore breezes?
Posted by: Taco Bell ()
Date: September 14, 2016 05:23PM

No that is me farting after eating Taco Bell.

Posted by: No ()
Date: September 14, 2016 05:59PM

No. A typical 'ocean breeze' is a localized condition caused by the temperature differential between land and water which exists only within several miles or so (more or less depending on specifics).

No effect here at that level. It does affect very broad conditions, e.g., large weather systems which may stall or otherwise be influenced by the ocean or very localized, e.g., the way that the Potomac River valley influences storms as the cross the area which may affect local winds and how some storms may blow up as they hit the River/Bay and trash Southern MD. Not really the same thing though.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: September 14, 2016 08:41PM

So we just have a nice evening breeze for breezes sake. Not to be mistaken with Fabreeze. Just a breeze.

Posted by: Yes on Some Summer Afternoons ()
Date: September 14, 2016 11:59PM

But Nothing like the "RIPE" smells that Democrats in Alexandria City get.. From the Blue Plains Shit plant in DC! The worse the Stench.. The Better Dems like it! .. How the HELL ELSE Could ANYbody VOTE FOR Hillary?? But DEMS!

Your Good pal.. DAJAX.. The WISE MAN!

Posted by: Oh Hell No ()
Date: September 15, 2016 01:40AM

There is nothing even remotely resembling an ocean breeze around here. I grew up surrounded by beaches and water. We used to open the doors and windows and enjoy the beautiful cross breezes. It is incredibly calming and relaxing, especially at night. That's what I miss most, along with temperate weather in general.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.