HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Car backed into restaurant
Posted by: brianl703 ()
Date: July 28, 2006 10:09AM

(Yea, it's in Gainesville, but I thought it worthy of sharing here):

Two unidentified women were flown by helicopter to Inova Fairfax Hospital on Thursday afternoon after a car drove into the Panera Bread restaurant where they were eating.

The women, a 44-year-old from Bristow and a 39-year-old from Haymarket, suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries, said Officer John Bogert, a Prince William County police spokesman.

The 39-year-old woman's two children, ages 11 and 6, were taken to Prince William Hospital by ambulance. The 11-year-old was not injured and the 6-year-old was "slightly injured," Bogert said.

Police received a call about the accident at 1:29 p.m., according to Bogert.

The driver, a 33-year-old Gainesville woman, was trying to back into a parking space in front of the restaurant at 7351 Atlas Walkway in Gainesville.

"She was trying to back into the spot and she hit the gas instead of the brake," Bogert said. "When she hit the curb, she hit that 'brake' even harder."

The car, a Suzuki Sidekick, was almost completely inside the restaurant when it stopped.

The driver and a 22-month-old child in the car were not injured, Bogert said.

Police did not release the names of the driver and victims.

Ola Elwari was working at the Panera when the accident happened. "I was doing something and I thought I heard trays fall. I heard a boom and then I saw the car," she said.

Carole Williams, an employee at Town and Country shoes across the parking lot from Panera, said she also heard the noise of the crash.

"It was so loud. It didn't even sound like glass breaking. I don't know how that happened," she said.

Williams and other employees at nearby stores were watching the scene from their store windows after it happened.

"At first I thought the delivery truck had just dropped its gates," said Laurie Clark, who works at another store near the restaurant. "The Panera truck had just pulled up. But then I saw what happened and couldn't believe it."

Bogert said managers at Panera Bread restaurant planned to re-open later Thursday after a tow truck removed the car and boards could be placed over the broken windows.

Police have not decided if charges will be filed against the driver and the investigation is continuing, Bogert said.

This story can be found at: http://www.manassasjm.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=MJM/MGArticle/WPN_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149189654381&path=

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Car backed into restaurant
Date: July 28, 2006 10:10AM

Here's a hint: If it sinks all the way to the floor with little or no resistance AND the engine stars making a loud noise, it's NOT THE BRAKE.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 28, 2006 10:43AM

"She was trying to back into the spot and she hit the gas instead of the brake," Bogert said. "When she hit the curb, she hit that 'brake' even harder."

She is not a terrorist. She did this for her family.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 28, 2006 11:20AM

I wonder if the occupants of the restaurant had opened fire into the side of the Sidekick and killed the kids if the incident wouldn't even make it to a grand jury. After all, once instincts take over it's too late to stop.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 28, 2006 05:55PM

Hey give the woman credit for being advanced. She's doing things normally reserved for people of ages 80 and higher.

Posted by: Hawaii ()
Date: July 28, 2006 08:27PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if the occupants of the restaurant had
> opened fire into the side of the Sidekick and
> killed the kids if the incident wouldn't even make
> it to a grand jury. After all, once instincts
> take over it's too late to stop.

Now THAT'S funny! You make a hell of a point my friend.

This happened down the street from my house, so I drove by a checked it out. It looked like they did a pretty good cleanup operation, a couple hours afterward, all you could tell that something happened was a piece of plywood in the window.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 28, 2006 08:36PM

i have noticed that in recent history it has always been women alone (or with small kid) in larger vehicals (SUVs mostly) who run into buildings. i see a trend.

she (and others like her) should loose their license if not permanently, for a few years. i think the insurance company should charge $3000+ for 6 months.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2006 08:42PM by Gravis.

Posted by: Brock Landers ()
Date: July 28, 2006 08:59PM

Shoulda' never given women the right to drive....

Date: July 29, 2006 07:33AM

Driving is a privelege, not a right. Unless you're an illegal alien, then you somehow think it's a right.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 29, 2006 08:08AM

Unless you're an illegal alien, then you somehow think it's a right.

combo.gif

Date: July 29, 2006 08:38AM

it's actually not racist. illegal alien does NOT specify a race. the fact that you associate illegal aliens with a specific race make YOU the racist. that image is annoying.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: July 29, 2006 12:21PM

Illegal alien DOES specify someone who had broke a law and is therefore a CRIMINAL, media bs about "law abiding undocumented citizens" aside.

Date: July 29, 2006 02:51PM

there is no such thing as an "undocumented citizen". you either are a citizen or you are not.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: July 29, 2006 03:02PM

The fact that she drove into a Panera Bread should immediately count as "good behavior." The world has too much expensive, crappy tasting bread as it is.

Date: July 29, 2006 03:31PM

I know that, that's why I called it "media bs".

Date: July 29, 2006 04:01PM

I've never heard the term "undocumented citizen" used. I have heard "undocumented worker" and "illegal immigrant" and "illegal alien." Technically speaking, illegal alien is the most accurate. An "undocumented worker" could apply to anyone, citizen or not, without the proper documents to be working (ss#, etc). And "undocumented worker" is a B.S. term.

Date: July 29, 2006 08:59PM

I guess "undocumented citizen" could be correct, after all, everyone (with a few exceptions, like that guy who lived in an airport for years) is a citizen of some country.

I think I actually saw a news article where the illegal aliens were complaining about being treated like second-class citizens..now I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Date: July 30, 2006 11:17AM

brianl703 Wrote:
> I guess "undocumented citizen" could be correct,
> after all, everyone (with a few exceptions, like
> that guy who lived in an airport for years) is a
> citizen of some country.
>
> I think I actually saw a news article where the
> illegal aliens were complaining about being
> treated like second-class citizens..now I'll have
> to see if I can find it again.

Heh. Second-class citizens. They're not even citizens.

Here's how a second-class citizen is treated in America. You walk into an ER. You get treated. The hospital has you fill out Emergency Medicaid forms and you leave. The hospital never sends you a bill or tries to get money out of you.

On the other hand, if you are an American citizen the hospital expects insurance. If you don't have insurance, you have to sign legal forms that say you will pay. If you don't pay, the hospital sends a collection agency after you and takes you to court.

Who's the second-class citizen here?

Posted by: SAMMY ()
Date: July 30, 2006 11:41AM

sHE WAS A DUMB ASS NIGER.
nOW THAT IS RACIST !

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: July 30, 2006 08:13PM

I hope after the accident she didnt run in and try to saw off her foot for causing the accident.

If nothing else be thankful most cars are now automatics. Imagine the number of accidents with stupid soccer moms on cell phones trying to shift gears, press the clutch, brake and gas.

Date: July 31, 2006 05:14AM

Tim45 Wrote:
> I hope after the accident she didnt run in and try
> to saw off her foot for causing the accident.

i hope she did. one less idiot on the road.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 02, 2006 05:53PM

We should not allow women and therefore soccer moms to drive. They are too afraid to change lanes, go an appropriate speed, or not rubberneck, and they do stupid things like drive off with the gas nozzle and back into stores or stop at yellow lights.

Date: August 02, 2006 06:08PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> We should not allow women and therefore soccer
> moms to drive. They are too afraid to change
> lanes, go an appropriate speed, or not rubberneck,
> and they do stupid things like drive off with the
> gas nozzle and back into stores or stop at yellow
> lights.

not all but there are a good amount out there. revoking all licenses for women would be insane. there are of coarse, male drivers that are the same.

Date: August 03, 2006 04:07PM

The development of the automatic transmission lowered the bar for drivers.

At least with a manual, you don't go ANYWHERE if you don't know how to drive it.

AND you have to use your left foot for the clutch, so none of the this left-foot-on-the-stop-pedal right-foot-on-the-go-pedal shit.

Date: August 03, 2006 05:46PM

I drive 2 footed. 1 foot on air pedal, 1 foot on steering wheel. Except when a cop comes.

Date: August 03, 2006 05:46PM

And with the manual, you do go somewhere, just not far. It blows up after about 10 miles.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 07, 2006 08:26AM

I guess they learn at a young age, starting with family members and then moving on to restaurants and banks later. At least the Fair Lakes bank lady plowed into the bank going forward.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14223804/

N.J. teen hits, kills mom during driving lesson
Accident occurred while mother was teaching daughter how to parallel park
Updated: 5:26 a.m. ET Aug. 7, 2006

FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP, N.J. - A 15-year-old girl accidentally struck and killed her mother while being taught how to parallel park, police said.

Tina Rowe, 39, died Saturday after being pinned under a 1997 Chevy Cavalier driven by her daughter. Police believed the girl may have hit the gas pedal instead of the brake.

Police said the teen won’t face criminal charges.
© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Posted by: Macdonalds in Tysons? ()
Date: August 07, 2016 06:35PM

Was this at the MCdonalds in Tysons?

Posted by: moron asks what? ()
Date: August 07, 2016 10:57PM

Macdonalds in Tysons? Wrote:
> Was this at the MCdonalds in Tysons?

No dipshit. It happened in the MCdonalds up your loose ass.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.