HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS going to rip apart Gender
Posted by: PhoenixMatthias ()
Date: June 01, 2015 10:51AM

For those who do not know, FCPS in 2016 will add as part of their Health (and thus mandatory) curriculum "Gender Fluid" lessons:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/05/15/call-it-gender-fluidity-schools-to-teach-kids-there-s-no-such-thing-as-boys-or-girls.html

Rise up against this! In all of humanity's history never has a nation ever, ever questioned or taught its children that there's no such thing as gender.

Parents and residents of Fairfax County: DEMAND that the school produce un-assailable, concrete, and irrefutable science and medical based evidence for this curriculum. Course lessions are SUPPOSED to be based on fact; which the school system has NOT produced to justify this "gender fluid" curriculum.

Pull your children or sue the school to stop this. These are impressionable childen to whom this will be taught.

Spread the word; be vocal. Openly and publicly DEMAND that FCPS produce evidence for these lessons; evidence that is conclusive.

For nothing less should be used when it comes to child's identity.

UNITE AND FIGHT!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS going to rip apart Gender
Posted by: Paging Ryan McElveen! ()
Date: June 01, 2015 11:25AM

The school board has made up its mind. This is going to happen.

They don't respond to anyone, neither do people like Karen Garza.

It is so lucky this happened during an election year.

If you don't like what happened, vote AGAINST EVERY SINGLE INCUMBENT. That means your local school board person AND the "at large" members, McElveen, Moon, and Velkoff.

In response to Paging Ryan McElveen
Date: June 01, 2015 12:17PM

The fight is not over. The lack of scientfic and medical based evidence supporting this curicullum can be exposed. As far as I know, lessons need some kind of concrete factual backing.

When it comes to the identity of a child, the bar is set as high as possible when it comes to making sure that what they are being taught is legit.

Lawsuits; pulling kids from schools; loudly and pubicly demanding that FCPS release to the public the concrecte and unambigious scientific and medical evidence (if they have any) that backs these lesson plans, to the public.

Date: June 01, 2015 12:22PM

Unless this evidence (if they have any) is demanded, they (the school board) can just go along quietly. If loud and public attention is brought down upon their heads, and they come up empty and don't have SOLID, irrefutable, concrete, unambigous, and diamond-strong scientific and medical based evidence for this "gender fluid" curriculum, then they must pull it or face lawsuits.

This gets down to the core of a child's inner, persomal identity. No evidence/shaky evidence for this curicullum, and if FCPS still goes forwards, will show that they are willing to mess with millions of kids heads on a whim.

THAT must be exposed. That FCPS is willing and ready to mess around with the minds of millions of children, with NOTHING, or close to nothing, to back up these "gender fluid" lessons.

LOUD, public, demands that FCPS must produce scientific and medical evidence backing these "gender fluid" lessons plans. And if parents are not satisfied, lawsuits and pulling kids if FCPS goes forward.

Even now, lawsuits should be filed. Impressionable minds are at stake.

This can and must be fought.

Date: June 01, 2015 01:50PM

* Bump *

Posted by: QueerAsFairfax ()
Date: June 01, 2015 02:03PM

Freak County Public Show -- FCPS

Posted by: The Answer Is ()
Date: June 01, 2015 03:12PM

Private school. Not cheap, but if you want your kid in a saf(er) place, it's the best answer.

Posted by: Oh, Please ()
Date: June 01, 2015 03:15PM

Well, if you can't trust Fox News and the attack dogs at the Family Research Council, then who can you trust? From the linked article...

"Get a load of what the kids are going to be learning in middle school:

“Students will be provided definitions for sexual orientation terms heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality; and the gender identity term transgender,” the district’s recommendations state. “Emphasis will be placed on recognizing that everyone is experiencing changes and the role of respectful, inclusive language in promoting an environment free of bias and discrimination.”

The horror! I bet you oppose teaching evolution as well. Kids really should be taught 'fact-based' creationism instead.

Date: June 01, 2015 04:24PM

You missed a spot, skippy:

"Eighth graders will be taught that individual identity “occurs over a lifetime and includes the component of sexual orientation and gender identity.”

“Individual identity will also be described as having four parts – biological gender, gender identity (includes transgender), gender role, and sexual orientation (includes heterosexual, bisexual, and homosexual).”

The district will also introduce young teenagers to the “concept that sexuality is a broader spectrum.” By tenth grade, they will be taught that one’s sexuality “develops throughout a lifetime.”

“Emphasis will be placed on an understanding that there is a broader, boundless, and fluid spectrum of sexuality that is developed throughout a lifetime,” the document states. “Sexual orientation and gender identity terms will be discussed with focus on appreciation for individual differences.”"

Also from the link. Funny that you bring up creationism and evolution. Evolution does have supporting evidence. This "gender fluid" curicullum does not. When it comes to the personal identity of a child, do you not think that the bar should be set as high as possible in terms of making sure that the evidence is diamond-strong and based on science and medicine?

Because FCPS has not produced one iota of irrefutable sciencfic and medical evidence to back their "gender fluid" curiculum.

Posted by: identify ()
Date: June 01, 2015 04:28PM

If I (suddenly cough cough) "identify" as a woman, can I go into the female locker rooms/showers? If so, I'm filling out that application immediately.

In reply to identify
Date: June 01, 2015 04:32PM

Yes. Over the objections of parents, the FCPS school board will now allow to use lockerooms and bathrooms of their choice; the Department of Education threatend to withold funding unless they, the FCPS school board, complied.

Now, after that change to who is allowed in school lockerooms and bathrooms, this other agenda has come along.

To the person who said teaching evolution over creation: since you are so big on facts and evidence, show us the irrefutable, diamond-strong, concrete, unassaialble and 100% legit scientific and medical based evidence which supports this "gender fluid."

You, who in one breath praise teaching evolution and then with the same breath, support a curriculum which has NOthing to back it up. And you better be sure it is 100% legit beyond a shadow of any doubt; else you will be show yourself of being in favor of something that experiments with children on a whim.

Posted by: jkefuhg ()
Date: June 01, 2015 04:46PM

Evolution/creation. What ever. I wanna see some titties in the girls locker room.

In reply to jkefuhg
Date: June 01, 2015 05:07PM

The FCPS school board approved a policy where male and females may use the bathrooms of their choice if they "identify" as the other gender. The DOE said "do this or else you lose your funding."

That is in addition to the new curiculum.

Posted by: eKx36 ()
Date: June 01, 2015 05:19PM

DOE thugs.

Posted by: LOLZ ()
Date: June 01, 2015 05:33PM

PhoenixMatthias' Blog: http://lifelightandliberty.blogspot.com/2012/04/angels-kneel-before-father.html

Keep ranting, bro. You obviously have a lot of free time.

Re: In reply to jkefuhg
Posted by: Wooly Bully ()
Date: June 01, 2015 05:39PM

PhoenixMatthias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The FCPS school board approved a policy where male
> and females may use the bathrooms of their choice
> if they "identify" as the other gender. The DOE
> said "do this or else you lose your funding."
>
> That is in addition to the new curiculum.

Glad the school board sets an example to the kids about bullying by caving to bullying from the Feds.

Date: June 01, 2015 05:57PM

LOLZ Wrote:
> PhoenixMatthias' Blog:
> http://lifelightandliberty.blogspot.com/2012/04/an
> gels-kneel-before-father.html
>
> Keep ranting, bro. You obviously have a lot of
> free time.

Oh, boy. Should have known - a faith based agenda. I particularly like this post: 'Stand Against the Wicked Ones', that is, people who use hypnosis for 'Encouraging people to give into lust, idolatry, adultery, and slavery.' Alrighty.

I don't need rock solid, double-blind studies to know that there are gay people, transsexuals, and sexually confused people in the world. I've met some, and so have you - although I'm sure they did their best to hide it from you. Most people know who they are and what they like from a very young age. Some take longer to figure it out. I don't have a problem letting kids know that and encouraging tolerance of people outside the 'norm'.

Posted by: Buh bye ()
Date: June 01, 2015 07:15PM

America the great is fading away. Goodbye, you will be missed

Posted by: Habla ()
Date: June 01, 2015 07:29PM

At least our kids will be able to read out it in history books... in Spanish.

Posted by: Caityln Jenner ()
Date: June 01, 2015 07:29PM

My gender identity is clear now and didn't need to have my public school system deal with it when I was younger.

Reply to LOLZ
Date: June 01, 2015 07:46PM

Thank you for advertising my blog :)

Date: June 01, 2015 07:52PM

The issue is teaching young minds that gender is fluid; THAT is what you need medical and scientific evidence to back up.

As to any "agenda" that I may have:

"The phrase ad hominem argument (often called an ad hominem attack) comes from the Latin "to the person." It also sometimes applies to any argument that centres on emotive (specifically irrelevant emotions) rather than rational or logical appeal.

As most people use the phrase in recent times, an ad hominem argument occurs when one attacks the person making an argument rather than the argument itself. It is therefore a special case of the broader category of formal logical fallacies, the non sequitur, in which the conclusion urged, e.g. that the disputant is incorrect, does not follow from the premise asserted, e.g. that the disputant is a dick. Even if the ad hominem attack is true, that fact has no bearing on whether the disputant's argument is logically sound."

- rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_hominem

Gender is part of humanity; and to toss it aside for new age-y kumbaya "there is no gender, it develops over a lifetime" with NOTHING to back up that claim, is an enourmous Sin. Yes, said sin.

For those of you who wish to tear apart the fabric of humanity, be my guest.

It's one thing to say there are sexually confused people. It's another to go ever FURTHER than that and teach and claim that gender is Subjective. It calling Gender Subjective that is the issue.

Posted by: FCPS Mom ()
Date: June 01, 2015 07:59PM

My three FCPS students will be opted out of FLE.

I opt them out for the annual "Risk Survey" also and will continue to do this.

Go ahead, FCPS, teach this, but it won't be to my children.

Date: June 01, 2015 08:00PM

Calling me out on any "agenda" that I may have does not change the fact that in schools, every single lesson must be evidence based. When you start going after the very foundation of what makes a person a person, then you must be damn sure that you are in the Right. Else you will be spreading lies and misformation about gender to impressionable young minds.

I've noticed something with liberals and their arguments: it's all about breaking down standards and barriers. Moving away from structure and order to destruction and chaos. Bounds which define people are broken down; and what you are left with is everyone is the same, no one is different.

I wonder if FCPS will talk about the people who regret underoing the change between genders:

http://www.sexchangeregret.com/

Unless you can give 100% concrete, undeniable evidence that gender is "fluid" then don't bother with ad hominem attacks on me. I can tell you tried hard to dig up that blog of mine.

Insulting me and saying "oh don't listen to him, faith based agenda rawr" does not refute my previous argument. Show the UNDENIABLE, concrete proof that gender "develops" and is "fluid".

I am NOT talking about people's feelings and emotions. If there is NO scientific and medical evidence for as you put it:

"gay people, transsexuals, and sexually confused people in the world"

Then it is ALL in their head. I am looking for scientific and medical evidence; not feelings because you need to teach children based on facts, not mess with their heads on a whim over what people feel.

You accuse me of having a faith based agenda, which I assume is your attempt at saying that i dont listen to science and medicine. And your argument is based on how people feel, not their biology and what's going on in their heads.

SO produce the medical and scientific evidence that what "gay people, transsexuals, and sexually confused people in the world" feel is BIOLOGICALLY based and not just feelings. I can call myself the King of Albion, adn think im a dragon, but it doesn't make me so.

I've spoken my peace. If one day as a country we get to the point where gender is dissolved and anything goes, don't cry about it.

To the Sane People
Date: June 01, 2015 08:03PM

To the people who are sane:

Do not give up on the USA. We faced down Nazism, Facism, Imperialsm, Communism, and Soviet-ism.

Stand true to The USA. Again, I get that people are as someone put it here:

"gay people, transsexuals, and sexually confused people in the world" I get that. MY issue and the issue with FCPS foisting this on children is this: all of the stuff involving gay people, transsexuals, and sexually confused people in the world is EMOTIONAL. So they're going off what people feel, not what is.

Last time I checked, before any lessons were given in school, they were backed up evidence, no?

Criteria for having a school curicullum is that it is backed up by EVIDENCE.

FCPS needs to produce this evidence backing up this curicullum, else they will be teaching a bare ideology that's based on what people think and feel, not what Actually Is.

Posted by: Private School Parent ()
Date: June 01, 2015 09:08PM

Oh, Please Wrote:
> “Students will be provided definitions for
> sexual orientation terms heterosexuality,
> homosexuality and bisexuality; and the gender
> identity term transgender,” the district’s
> recommendations state. “Emphasis will be placed
> on recognizing that everyone is experiencing
> changes and the role of respectful, inclusive
> language in promoting an environment free of bias
> and discrimination.”

To be respected you must first be respectable. Why would I want my child to be taught to give in to bullying and forced to respect a miserable freak?

Why should freaks not face discrimination? Or be automatically included in everything at the expense of the comfort of others?

The only thing to be encouraged is suicide for gays and the mentally ill who are buying into this "transgender" bullshit. There is no such thing as TG - only mental illness and a liberal agenda.

Re: To the Sane People
Posted by: Evidence that gender is fluid ()
Date: June 01, 2015 10:03PM

PhoenixMatthias Wrote:
> To the people who are sane:
>
> Last time I checked, before any lessons were given
> in school, they were backed up evidence, no?
>
> Criteria for having a school curicullum is that it
> is backed up by EVIDENCE.
>
> FCPS needs to produce this evidence backing up
> this curicullum, else they will be teaching a bare
> ideology that's based on what people think and
> feel, not what Actually Is.

Here is some evidence for you....

Date: June 01, 2015 10:13PM

Yeah, you people who are against this certainly sound balanced. Why anyone would think your opinion on these matters are more qualified than that of the American Academy of Pediatricians (http://aapnews.aappublications.org/content/34/7/22.1.full) is beyond me.

Date: June 01, 2015 10:39PM

No point in going any further. It's clear what and who you are. When you start throwing around the 'ad hominem' crap that religious conservatives use to deflect from the fact that you people are batshit crazy, then I'm outta here. Being LGBT is not a 'sin', nor is supporting people who do not adhere to your line of reasoning. Your argument that LGBT people are just 'emotional' is downright scary. Life is too short to try to reason with people like you. Cue the ad hominems...

Date: June 01, 2015 10:41PM

Posted by: Tranny slayer ()
Date: June 01, 2015 10:45PM

It's a good thing Fairfax students are being taught ths important curriculum to help them stay competitive in today's economy.

Oh wait..........

Posted by: Libtardz! ()
Date: June 01, 2015 10:47PM

Goddamn, libtardz and their PC bullshit is getting annoying.

Libtardz!
LoLz!

Motivation to fight this
Date: June 01, 2015 10:56PM

Posted by: k7UJH ()
Date: June 01, 2015 11:18PM

LOLZ Wrote:
> Yeah, you people who are against this certainly
> sound balanced. Why anyone would think your
> opinion on these matters are more qualified than
> that of the American Academy of Pediatricians
> (http://aapnews.aappublications.org/content/34/7/2
> 2.1.full) is beyond me.

Doctors representing both the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) and the American College of Pediatricians are condemning the American College of Physicians (ACP) for announcing its overwhelming support of the militant LGBT agenda.

Reuters reports that ACP came out in support of same-sex marriage and health insurance coverage that includes transgender healthcare services, at the same time it announced its opposition to reparative therapy for individuals who want to participate in psychological treatment for gender identity problems.

“The LGBT community deserves the same high quality care that any community in the United States should be getting, but may not be getting,” said ACP president Dr. Wayne J. Riley. “It’s based upon our longstanding policy in regard to eliminating healthcare disparities.”

Riley said that conversion or reparative therapy “is not a wise use of healthcare resources,” and also that full recognition of same-sex marriage is “important because we know from our members that simple things like hospital visitation and participation in the care of LGBT patients” have been a problem in the U.S.

However, Jane Orient, M.D., executive director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), observes to Breitbart News the ACP “is in a logical dilemma in advocating insurance coverage for treatment for transgender persons because insurers require a diagnostic code, and assigning a diagnostic code suggests the existence of pathology.”

“What to do?” Orient asks. “Are male organs and hormones normal in most people who have them, but not in a small percentage of people who also came from a Y-sperm? Excuse me, not exactly abnormal but in need of removal?”

“As for same-sex marriage, ACP is ignoring the moral issues (which are a part of holistic health) and the long-term societal and psychological consequences of deliberately depriving children of at least one-half of their family tree,” she adds.

Orient criticizes ACP’s attempt to use the media to lead Americans to believe the organization’s views are shared by all its physician-members.

“ACP doesn’t actually represent anybody except its own staff and hierarchy. Members have no meaningful input. Some keep sending in their $450 a year to keep from losing their ‘Fellow of the American College of Physicians’ award,” she states.

“As to health, does ACP really think that the risk of AIDS, hepatitis, syphilis, etc. is much higher in ‘MSMs’ (men having sex with men) because of ‘healthcare disparities,’ or do behavior and biology have anything to do with it?” she asks.

Regarding the organization’s agenda, Orient concludes, “ACP has supported every advance of cultural Marxism since the mid-1970s at least.”

Similarly, Michelle Cretella, M.D., president of the American College of Pediatricians, tells Breitbart News, “It is shameful that the ACP, like the majority of other professional medical organizations, has chosen ideology over science.”

Cretella continued:

The science is clear: no one is born gay or transgender. The psychodynamic and psychosocial theories of sexual desire and gender identity have never been disproven. No one has a civil right to a developmental disorder. It is well documented by those on both ends of the political spectrum that the normalization of homosexuality by the American Psychiatric and Psychological Associations was a result of a political and ideological coup, not of science.

Cretella recommends the book Destructive Trends in Mental Health: The Well-Intentioned Path to Harm by Dr. Nicholas A. Cummings, past-president of the American Psychological Association (APA), who was responsible for normalizing homosexuality in the APA in 1974.

“It should be required reading for all physicians, mental health providers and legislators,” she asserts.

“Despite being a life-long supporter of liberal causes, Cummings laments capitulating to political correctness without scientific support,” Cretella notes. “He states that the political correctness in mental health research today is worse than the McCarthyism he lived through and that it ‘tethers our intellects.’”

Posted by: Can't Make This Shit Up ()
Date: June 02, 2015 12:09AM

Phoenix Matthias, in his own words:

"A Tyranny has one goal: Power. The pursuit of gaining power and making it stronger. A Tyranny will do this even if they hurt their own People. The people leading a Tyranny care not for the ones they hurt. They care not for the pain and suffering inflicted upon the lives of the people under their authority.

The People under a Tyranny must put up with this day-to-day. They have to deal with the chaos and uncertainty that comes from living with a Government unbound by Clear and True Laws. The People live with an entity that can do what it wants when it wants. With no respect for any sort of restraining Law. When it comes down to it, the People do not matter at all, whatsoever, to the Leaders of a Tyranny.

The Leaders who care only for their power have no heart. They go about their lives running the Tyranny. They care not for the People. They care not for the pain caused by their actions. If they did care they would not use iron fisted tactics to control the People. If the Leaders of a Tyranny truly cared, they would stop pursuing power quests. If they were really humans with a heart and soul, they would stop oppressing the inherit freedoms that all People are entitled to. They would see how the Tyranny is affecting the People and stop being Tyrants!

People generally don't like to be oppressed. Laws to protect the Life and Liberties of other People are one thing. Laws designed to only enrich the Power of the Tyranny's Leaders is another.

The Leaders of every Tyranny need to look at their people. They need to stop being steel-hearted and realize what their oppressive laws are doing! It is possible to keep order without resorting to iron-fisted tyranny.

The Purpose of a Government is to uplift and encourage. Not crush and discourage."

Yeah, he's normal.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: June 02, 2015 12:25AM

Can't Make This Shit Up Wrote:
> Phoenix Matthias, in his own words:
>
> "A Tyranny has one goal: Power. The pursuit of
> gaining power and making it stronger. A Tyranny
> will do this even if they hurt their own People.
> The people leading a Tyranny care not for the ones
> they hurt. They care not for the pain and
> suffering inflicted upon the lives of the people
> under their authority.
>
> The People under a Tyranny must put up with this
> day-to-day. They have to deal with the chaos and
> uncertainty that comes from living with a
> Government unbound by Clear and True Laws. The
> People live with an entity that can do what it
> wants when it wants. With no respect for any sort
> of restraining Law. When it comes down to it, the
> People do not matter at all, whatsoever, to the
> Leaders of a Tyranny.
>
> The Leaders who care only for their power have no
> heart. They go about their lives running the
> Tyranny. They care not for the People. They care
> not for the pain caused by their actions. If they
> did care they would not use iron fisted tactics to
> control the People. If the Leaders of a Tyranny
> truly cared, they would stop pursuing power
> quests. If they were really humans with a heart
> and soul, they would stop oppressing the inherit
> freedoms that all People are entitled to. They
> would see how the Tyranny is affecting the People
> and stop being Tyrants!
>
> People generally don't like to be oppressed. Laws
> to protect the Life and Liberties of other People
> are one thing. Laws designed to only enrich the
> Power of the Tyranny's Leaders is another.
>
> The Leaders of every Tyranny need to look at their
> people. They need to stop being steel-hearted and
> realize what their oppressive laws are doing! It
> is possible to keep order without resorting to
> iron-fisted tyranny.
>
> The Purpose of a Government is to uplift and
> encourage. Not crush and discourage."
>
> Yeah, he's normal.

I cannot tell which side of the argument you are on.

Date: June 02, 2015 07:24AM

*bump*

Date: June 02, 2015 09:49AM

Ah yes, the esteemed "Dr" Jane Orient, Director of AAPS. I figured you'd be a fan of hers. Let's see what Wiki has to say about her organization, shall we? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Physicians_and_Surgeons

Sounds about as legit as "Dr" Oz!

Posted by: Got Science? ()
Date: June 02, 2015 11:18AM

Science means nothing to FCPS.

FCPS engaged Tara Brach to set up a "mindfulness initiative" (whatever that is). The publications cited by Brach even said there was no evidence that "mindfulness" worked. Nonetheless, this moves forward, and Brach gets to sell her books and CDs at places such as Woodson High.

FCPS went ahead with a massive program of building turf fields. They ignored two major problems: the hard surface of turf fields causes injuries, and the rubber pellets cause cancer.

FCPS awarded a sole source contract to Eric Jensen based on his education and experience. His education consists of a degree in English and a degree in "human development" (or some such foolishness) from an online school. His experience seems to consist of having been a motivational speaker. Yet, FCPS accepted his credentials as evidence of his expertise in poverty, neuroscience, and music.

FCPS, specifically MVHS' very own Nardos King, hired Menville "Flip" Flippen as a consultant. Flipper's credentials are interesting. He has an INACTIVE "licensed professional counselor" license in Texas. He has also referred to having "privileges at psychiatric hospitals" yet he fails to name the physicians who supervised his work. FCPS and King appear not to bother to check whether credentials are valid or not.

Lots of people are saying it, let's hope at least some people do it: vote out the existing school board in its entirety!

Posted by: ....... ()
Date: June 02, 2015 11:23AM

I cannot wait to use the girls locker room in area high schools.

Because I identify as a woman. Even though I have a penis.

Posted by: go green ()
Date: June 02, 2015 11:24AM

I told the schools I am in favor of turf fields because the artificial surface is carcinogenic. Turf requires more maintenance for heavily played areas, but its a tradeoff.

Never heard of Melville Flipper, Tara Brachs, or Eric Jensen though.

Posted by: Help me ()
Date: June 02, 2015 11:34AM

I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

In reply to .......
Date: June 02, 2015 12:35PM

Yes, under the new policy boys and girls will able to use the other's restrooms. This is another matter along with the new curicullum.

Referncing "Can't make this **** Up"
Date: June 02, 2015 12:36PM

Posted by: restrooms ()
Date: June 02, 2015 12:39PM

That is a move in the right direction. Many parts of the world have had coed restrooms for years. It makes good sense. It will end the embarrassment of accidentally walking into the wrong restroom.

Re: In reply to .......
Date: June 02, 2015 01:32PM

PhoenixMatthias Wrote:
> Yes, under the new policy boys and girls will able
> to use the other's restrooms. This is another
> matter along with the new curicullum.

No, they won't, you idiot. Your implication is that any student will be free to use any bathroom. That's just not true and you know it.

And I can't believe that you are so proud of your juvenile, badly written rant (Complete With Every Other Word Capitalized) that you posted a link to it.

Posted by: equality ()
Date: June 02, 2015 01:43PM

Oh, Please Wrote:
> PhoenixMatthias Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes, under the new policy boys and girls will
> able
> > to use the other's restrooms. This is another
> > matter along with the new curicullum.
>
> No, they won't, you idiot. Your implication is
> that any student will be free to use any bathroom.
> That's just not true and you know it.
>
> And I can't believe that you are so proud of your
> juvenile, badly written rant (Complete With Every
> Other Word Capitalized) that you posted a link to
> it.

Why not? It's just a matter of time before gender segregated restrooms are striken down by the courts, just as they were for race segregation. Separate but equal is wrong and they know it.

Posted by: ....... ()
Date: June 02, 2015 03:21PM

Oh, Please Wrote:
> PhoenixMatthias Wrote:
> -----
> > Yes, under the new policy boys and girls will
> able
> > to use the other's restrooms. This is another
> > matter along with the new curicullum.
>
> No, they won't, you idiot. Your implication is
> that any student will be free to use any bathroom.
> That's just not true and you know it.
>
> And I can't believe that you are so proud of your
> juvenile, badly written rant (Complete With Every
> Other Word Capitalized) that you posted a link to
> it.

Prove I don't identify as a female.

Delicious, nubile teen girls to share a bathroom with. I owe you thanks.

Date: June 03, 2015 08:33AM

*Bump*

And you have a point, ...... , boys in schools will able to claim with no proof that they identify as female; and when then be able to use female bathrooms and lockerrooms. and per the new curicullum, which is what i mentioned in the first post, any female who complains will be branded a bigot.

"Rights" of transgender now trump, unfortunatley, rights of privacy feeling safe and secure.

People who are in favor of this new curicullum, and and in favor of the new bathroom/lockeroom policy, are in favor of allowing school boys to look at school girls naked; and vice-versa for girls in boys lockerroom and bathrooms.

And yes, they will be able to
Date: June 03, 2015 08:36AM

"Will be able to use the bathroom/lockerrom of their choice." Keywords, of their choice. If someone claims to "identify" as the opposite gender, they will be allowed to use the opposite's bathrooms and lockerooms. Keywords, of their choice:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/05/07/parents-pastors-try-to-block-school-s-transgender-policy.html

You mean this one?
Date: June 03, 2015 08:40AM

You mean this one? Remember, I did not bring up my blog. Causeican quoted it so i posted the link:

http://lifelightandliberty.blogspot.com/2012/04/impact-of-tyranny-on-people.html

I did not bring my blog into this, LOLZ did.

Also: http://lifelightandliberty.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

:P

Using my Blog as a "Squirrel" tactic
Date: June 03, 2015 08:47AM

My blog and what I wrote in it has no bearing on the topic at hand. Using it as an attempt to insult me is ad hominem, attacking the person to discredit their argument and logic. By attacking and demeaning the person, you imply that their argument is wrong and logic is wrong.

That way, you avoid having to face the actual argument itself.

"The phrase ad hominem argument (often called an ad hominem attack) comes from the Latin "to the person." It also sometimes applies to any argument that centres on emotive (specifically irrelevant emotions) rather than rational or logical appeal.

As most people use the phrase in recent times, an ad hominem argument occurs when one attacks the person making an argument rather than the argument itself. It is therefore a special case of the broader category of formal logical fallacies, the non sequitur, in which the conclusion urged, e.g. that the disputant is incorrect, does not follow from the premise asserted, e.g. that the disputant is a dick. Even if the ad hominem attack is true, that fact has no bearing on whether the disputant's argument is logically sound."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_hominem

"Even if the ad hominem attack is true, that fact has no bearing on whether the disputant's argument is logically sound." So pointing out and demeaning my blog, and any "religious agenda" that I may or may not have, has no bearing on whether or not my argument is logically soun

Re: In response to Paging Ryan McElveen
Posted by: Nixon ()
Date: June 03, 2015 11:20AM

PhoenixMatthias Wrote:
> The fight is not over. The lack of scientfic and
> medical based evidence supporting this curicullum
> can be exposed. As far as I know, lessons need
> some kind of concrete factual backing.
>
> When it comes to the identity of a child, the bar
> is set as high as possible when it comes to making
> sure that what they are being taught is legit.
>
> Lawsuits; pulling kids from schools; loudly and
> pubicly demanding that FCPS release to the public
> the concrecte and unambigious scientific and
> medical evidence (if they have any) that backs
> these lesson plans, to the public.

But body dysmorphic disorder is a real thing. We can talk about how there are problems with how all this stuff is implemented, but showing kids that if they feel out of place in their own bodies there's a name and culture for that doesn't strike me as such an evil imposition.

Posted by: Jos ()
Date: June 03, 2015 11:39AM

Seems like a good idea. People need to respect others' gender and more importantly their privacy. Restrooms will all eventually go coed in the long run anyhow. Being the same sex should not lessen that. Many people, myself included, don't want another female looking at my body any more than a male, and want adequate privacy in locker rooms or restrooms. It wouldn't affect me who was walking around as long as I could do my business in private.

Posted by: numbers of the future ()
Date: June 03, 2015 11:46AM

Less than 1% of FCPS students are transgender. We have trailers for classrooms. Is this the right balance?

And, just having one transgender bathroom won't work.

At a minimum, we need: bathrooms for boys (we have those), bathrooms for girls (we have those), bathrooms for boys who think they are girls (the "Jenner syndrome" and no, we don't have those), girls who think they are boys (we don't have those yet), and maybe an undecided category.

That makes for five kinds of bathrooms. Followed by five kinds of changing and shower facilities. Start with the schools, move to libraries, other government facilities.

Forget about being an educational consultant. If you're near Fairfax, "plumbing" is the key to success.

Posted by: KCkyRR ()
Date: June 03, 2015 12:00PM

numbers of the future Wrote:
> Less than 1% of FCPS students are transgender. We
> have trailers for classrooms. Is this the right
> balance?
>
> And, just having one transgender bathroom won't
> work.
>
> At a minimum, we need: bathrooms for boys (we have
> those), bathrooms for girls (we have those),
> bathrooms for boys who think they are girls (the
> "Jenner syndrome" and no, we don't have those),
> girls who think they are boys (we don't have those
> yet), and maybe an undecided category.
>
> That makes for five kinds of bathrooms. Followed
> by five kinds of changing and shower facilities.
> Start with the schools, move to libraries, other
> government facilities.
>
> Forget about being an educational consultant. If
> you're near Fairfax, "plumbing" is the key to
> success.

There is a much easier answer, which is blatantly obvious. Make all the restrooms open to everyone. If there are any locker rooms with open style showers they would need to be redesigned, so there is still a business opportunity for plumbers. A lot of people don't want to stand around naked in front of the same gender any more than if it was a different gender.

A lot of other countries already have same sex restrooms. The US needs to get with the times.

Date: June 03, 2015 03:40PM

*Bump*

Posted by: que? ()
Date: June 03, 2015 03:58PM

PhoenixMatthias Wrote:
> *Bump*

What does that mean?

Posted by: yesorno ()
Date: June 03, 2015 04:08PM

Depending on where you have the "bump(s)" determines whether you are male or female. Well, sort of. Maybe. Used to anyway.

Posted by: bump the topic ()
Date: June 03, 2015 04:12PM

"bump"ing a topic puts it to the top of the list.

Posted by: but why ()
Date: June 03, 2015 04:14PM

What for?

Date: June 03, 2015 04:16PM

Because it is my topic and I like seeing it.

Date: June 03, 2015 04:20PM

* Bump *

Posted by: uM6yT ()
Date: June 03, 2015 04:21PM

KCkyRR Wrote:
> A lot of other countries already have same sex
> restrooms. The US needs to get with the times.

The "times" have nothing to do with this.

Posted by: PsstYoudon'tKnowyou'reTrueGender ()
Date: June 03, 2015 04:25PM

I agree with the OP. This is tantamount to brain washing and a grab to influence young minds. It is confusion and should not be allowed, especially not manditorily taught in our public schools.
The Devil is very crafty and he is working hard in FCPS.

Posted by: sit or stand ()
Date: June 03, 2015 04:28PM

Yeah in former times there were separate restrooms for blacks. If we had continued that model there would need to be separate ones for not only blacks but hispanics, arabs, possibly several flavors of gooks, etc.

Just make it more efficient everyone has to do the same basic functions so single bathrooms make sense. People just need to avoid swinging their boobs and dicks in anyone's face and everything will be fine. Other countries have same sex bathrooms with no problems.

Date: June 03, 2015 04:34PM

Bruce/Caitlin Jenner has shown us that gender is fluid. People change from one gender to the other and sometimes back again, or end up stuck in the middle. But it's not the schools job to explain it all.

Posted by: noargument ()
Date: June 03, 2015 04:35PM

sit or stand Wrote:
> Other countries have same sex bathrooms with no problems.

Who the f*** cares what "other" countries do? Why do idiots always bring up "other" countries? What kind of argument is that anyway?

Date: June 03, 2015 04:38PM

Restrooms are not the issue. Unisex restrooms are fine and could save money in any case. This is about a proposed cirriculum.

Date: June 03, 2015 04:40PM

Bump

Date: June 03, 2015 04:46PM

Bump*

Date: June 03, 2015 04:52PM

*Bump

Date: June 03, 2015 05:16PM

Bump *

Posted by: sad voter ()
Date: June 04, 2015 10:55PM

Paging Ryan McElveen! Wrote:
> The school board has made up its mind. This is
> going to happen.
>
> They don't respond to anyone, neither do people
> like Karen Garza.
>
> It is so lucky this happened during an election
> year.
>
> If you don't like what happened, vote AGAINST
> EVERY SINGLE INCUMBENT. That means your local
> school board person AND the "at large" members,
> McElveen, Moon, and Velkoff.

Unfortunately, almost every school board member is running unopposed. But really, there needs to be a clean sweep. The entire board needs to go.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: July 04, 2016 02:38PM

FCPS Mom Wrote:
> My three FCPS students will be opted out of FLE.
>
> I opt them out for the annual "Risk Survey" also
> and will continue to do this.
>
> Go ahead, FCPS, teach this, but it won't be to my
> children.

I believe there will be not option to Opt Out but rather will be required consent. Therefore, you have no alternative but to fight or agree. I will fight.

https://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

Gender Ideology Harms Children

Originally posted March 21, 2016 – a temporary statement with references. A full statement will be published in summer 2016. Updated with Clarifications on April 6, 2016.

The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.

1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of health – not genetic markers of a disorder. The norm for human design is to be conceived either male or female. Human sexuality is binary by design with the obvious purpose being the reproduction and flourishing of our species. This principle is self-evident. The exceedingly rare disorders of sex development (DSDs), including but not limited to testicular feminization and congenital adrenal hyperplasia, are all medically identifiable deviations from the sexual binary norm, and are rightly recognized as disorders of human design. Individuals with DSDs do not constitute a third sex.1

2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one. No one is born with an awareness of themselves as male or female; this awareness develops over time and, like all developmental processes, may be derailed by a child’s subjective perceptions, relationships, and adverse experiences from infancy forward. People who identify as “feeling like the opposite sex” or “somewhere in between” do not comprise a third sex. They remain biological men or biological women.2,3,4

3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking. When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind not the body, and it should be treated as such. These children suffer from gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria (GD), formerly listed as Gender Identity Disorder (GID), is a recognized mental disorder in the most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association (DSM-V).5 The psychodynamic and social learning theories of GD/GID have never been disproved.2,4,5

4. Puberty is not a disease and puberty-blocking hormones can be dangerous. Reversible or not, puberty- blocking hormones induce a state of disease – the absence of puberty – and inhibit growth and fertility in a previously biologically healthy child.6

5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.5

6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen) are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer.7,8,9,10

7. Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBTQ – affirming countries.11 What compassionate and reasonable person would condemn young children to this fate knowing that after puberty as many as 88% of girls and 98% of boys will eventually accept reality and achieve a state of mental and physical health?

8. Conditioning children into believing that a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse. Endorsing gender discordance as normal via public education and legal policies will confuse children and parents, leading more children to present to “gender clinics” where they will be given puberty-blocking drugs. This, in turn, virtually ensures that they will “choose” a lifetime of carcinogenic and otherwise toxic cross-sex hormones, and likely consider unnecessary surgical mutilation of their healthy body parts as young adults.

Michelle A. Cretella, M.D.
President of the American College of Pediatricians

Quentin Van Meter, M.D.
Vice President of the American College of Pediatricians
Pediatric Endocrinologist

Paul McHugh, M.D.
University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School and the former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital

For a PDF version click here: Gender Ideology Harms.

CLARIFICATIONS in response to questions regarding points 3 & 5:

Regarding Point 3: “Where does the APA or DSM-V indicate that Gender Dysphoria is a mental disorder?”

The APA (American Psychiatric Association) is the author of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition(DSM-V). The APA states that those distressed and impaired by their GD meet the definition of a disorder. The College is unaware of any medical literature that documents a gender dysphoric child seeking puberty blocking hormones who is not significantly distressed by the thought of passing through the normal and healthful process of puberty.
From the DSM-V fact sheet:
“The critical element of gender dysphoria is the presence of clinically significant distress associated with the condition.”
“This condition causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.”

Regarding Point 5: “Where does the DSM-V list rates of resolution for Gender Dysphoria?”

On page 455 of the DSM-V under “Gender Dysphoria without a disorder of sex development” it states: “Rates of persistence of gender dysphoria from childhood into adolescence or adulthood vary. In natal males, persistence has ranged from 2.2% to 30%. In natal females, persistence has ranged from 12% to 50%.” Simple math allows one to calculate that for natal boys: resolution occurs in as many as 100% – 2.2% = 97.8% (approx. 98% of gender-confused boys) Similarly, for natal girls: resolution occurs in as many as 100% – 12% = 88% gender-confused girls

The bottom line: Our opponents advocate a new scientifically baseless standard of care for children with a psychological condition (GD) that would otherwise resolve after puberty for the vast majority of patients concerned. Specifically, they advise: affirmation of children’s thoughts which are contrary to physical reality; the chemical castration of these children prior to puberty with GnRH agonists (puberty blockers which cause infertility, stunted growth, low bone density, and an unknown impact upon their brain development), and, finally, the permanent sterilization of these children prior to age 18 via cross-sex hormones. There is an obvious self-fulfilling nature to encouraging young GD children to impersonate the opposite sex and then institute pubertal suppression. If a boy who questions whether or not he is a boy (who is meant to grow into a man) is treated as a girl, then has his natural pubertal progression to manhood suppressed, have we not set in motion an inevitable outcome? All of his same sex peers develop into young men, his opposite sex friends develop into young women, but he remains a pre-pubertal boy. He will be left psychosocially isolated and alone. He will be left with the psychological impression that something is wrong. He will be less able to identify with his same sex peers and being male, and thus be more likely to self identify as “non-male” or female. Moreover, neuroscience reveals that the pre-frontal cortex of the brain which is responsible for judgment and risk assessment is not mature until the mid-twenties. Never has it been more scientifically clear that children and adolescents are incapable of making informed decisions regarding permanent, irreversible and life-altering medical interventions. For this reason, the College maintains it is abusive to promote this ideology, first and foremost for the well-being of the gender dysphoric children themselves, and secondly, for all of their non-gender-discordant peers, many of whom will subsequently question their own gender identity, and face violations of their right to bodily privacy and safety.

Please visit this page on the College website concerning sexuality and gender issues.

References:

1. Consortium on the Management of Disorders of Sex Development, “Clinical Guidelines for the Management of Disorders of Sex Development in Childhood.” Intersex Society of North America, March 25, 2006. Accessed 3/20/16 from http://www.dsdguidelines.org/files/clinical.pdf.

2. Zucker, Kenneth J. and Bradley Susan J. “Gender Identity and Psychosexual Disorders.” FOCUS: The Journal of Lifelong Learning in Psychiatry. Vol. III, No. 4, Fall 2005 (598-617).

3. Whitehead, Neil W. “Is Transsexuality biologically determined?” Triple Helix (UK), Autumn 2000, p6-8. accessed 3/20/16 from http://www.mygenes.co.nz/transsexuality.htm; see also Whitehead, Neil W. “Twin Studies of Transsexuals [Reveals Discordance]” accessed 3/20/16 from http://www.mygenes.co.nz/transs_stats.htm.

4. Jeffreys, Sheila. Gender Hurts: A Feminist Analysis of the Politics of Transgenderism. Routledge, New York, 2014 (pp.1-35).

5. American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Arlington, VA, American Psychiatric Association, 2013 (451-459). See page 455 re: rates of persistence of gender dysphoria.

6. Hembree, WC, et al. Endocrine treatment of transsexual persons: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:3132-3154.

7. Olson-Kennedy, J and Forcier, M. “Overview of the management of gender nonconformity in children and adolescents.” UpToDate November 4, 2015. Accessed 3.20.16 from www.uptodate.com.

8. Moore, E., Wisniewski, & Dobs, A. “Endocrine treatment of transsexual people: A review of treatment regimens, outcomes, and adverse effects.” The Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2003; 88(9), pp3467-3473.

9. FDA Drug Safety Communication issued for Testosterone products accessed 3.20.16: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm161874.htm.

10. World Health Organization Classification of Estrogen as a Class I Carcinogen: http://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/topics/ageing/cocs_hrt_statement.pdf.

11. Dhejne, C, et.al. “Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden.” PLoS ONE, 2011; 6(2). Affiliation: Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Psychiatry, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. Accessed 3.20.16 from http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885.

Posted by: where's the consultant? ()
Date: July 04, 2016 02:40PM

They were supposed to hire a consultant to do a report.

They are probably waiting for the meals tax to pass so they'll have enough money to hire Catelyn Jenner.

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: July 04, 2016 03:09PM

sad voter Wrote:
> Paging Ryan McElveen! Wrote:
> -----
> > The school board has made up its mind. This is
> > going to happen.
> >
> > They don't respond to anyone, neither do people
> > like Karen Garza.
> >
> > It is so lucky this happened during an election
> > year.
> >
> > If you don't like what happened, vote AGAINST
> > EVERY SINGLE INCUMBENT. That means your local
> > school board person AND the "at large" members,
> > McElveen, Moon, and Velkoff.
>
> Unfortunately, almost every school board member is
> running unopposed. But really, there needs to be a
> clean sweep. The entire board needs to go.

Please do the cause a favor and post some information here about the following:

1. When and where will the next school board voting take place?
2. What's the easiest way to tell if an incumbent is on our team (team sanity)
3. What can be done in the meantime to fight this and make the board's lives a living hell?
4. Is there any more information on the opt out option you can share?
5. Can you confirm what is consider crossing the line in terms of what can get our kids in trouble? Ex. Looking at a trans-freak the wrong way / hear say, or does there have to be a witness to some sort of "bullying" event.

Thanks...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.