HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
UK leaving the EU
Posted by: BillSp ()
Date: June 25, 2016 06:39PM

Serious question.
Why exactly did the people of the UK vote to leave the European union?

Please explain. Quality answers appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: UK leaving the EU
Posted by: Infection ()
Date: June 25, 2016 06:49PM

If you pay money to join a health care plan, and the doctors in Brussels who are in charge of your well-being decide to cut gaping wounds in your flesh and allow bacteria, viruses and amoebas to pour into the openings and plot against the healthy cells, it is time to fire them and find a different health care plan or better yet manage your own lifestyle to actually improve your health.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: Children Under 8 And Balloons ()
Date: June 25, 2016 07:18PM

The EU pushed too many stupid liberal rules on the UK. Such as a "Ban" on Children under 8 years old blowing up a balloon.. And the Brits Got tired of being nannied by that kind of B.S.

Plus the Brits want their Country Back.. Like America does and keep immigrants the Hell OUT. And Do things There Way. The British Way..

Germany is in a Pissing Match. They need to sit down strap in and STFU. The caused WW1, WW2 and destroyed Europe. And the USA with The Brits as allies stomped them back down. The French?? They can't say shit either, It was the USA and the UK that kicked the Germans out of their country.. And liberated Them. VIVA LA France.. and God Save The Queen..From a Southern US Yank..

Don't matter to them.. Were all Yanks you know..

DAJAX

Date: June 25, 2016 07:34PM

Children Under 8 And Balloons Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The EU pushed too many stupid liberal rules on the
> UK. Such as a "Ban" on Children under 8 years old
> blowing up a balloon.. And the Brits Got tired of
> being nannied by that kind of B.S.
>
> Plus the Brits want their Country Back.. Like
> America does and keep immigrants the Hell OUT. And
> Do things There Way. The British Way..
>
> Germany is in a Pissing Match. They need to sit
> down strap in and STFU. The caused WW1, WW2 and
> destroyed Europe. And the USA with The Brits as
> allies stomped them back down. The French?? They
> can't say shit either, It was the USA and the UK
> that kicked the Germans out of their country.. And
> liberated Them. VIVA LA France.. and God Save The
> Queen..From a Southern US Yank..
>
> Don't matter to them.. Were all Yanks you know..
>
>
> DAJAX

I appreciate the answer. Makes more sense. Tks.

Posted by: Not Joking At All Bout Balloons ()
Date: June 25, 2016 08:07PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047105/EU-bureaucrats-ban-children-blowing-balloons-crackdown-dangerous-toys.html

Liberals Here.. Liberals there..They all suffer from the same sickness. Got to F with people..cant live and let live..They would have never made it in Colonial America.. And This Nation Would Have ever been Founded with their "HELP".. And LOVE of Bureaucrats.. Especially the Nameless Faceless ones..

Being 1/2 German.. I understand their need to bitch and have a Pissing Match...
and I like that German Food and Especially those German Women.. Ya Baby..

DAJAX

Posted by: just saying ()
Date: June 25, 2016 08:35PM

Saftey. Plain and simple. Any of the immigrants, friendly or hostile, legal or not, once they gain access to any EU member country have unfettered access to the British isles. After the loss of control of Brussels, and partial loss and extreme violence in Paris, the English citizens in my opinion saw a need for a change in direction. Having a Muslim elected as mayor of London probably sealed the deal. Another key factor that I see is that this new global order is going to be a huge foot on the neck of middle class. While the wealthy people are making millions off the global economy by getting goods and services performed at slave wages, and I chose that word carefully, the profits of the corporation's and the upper class that run them are increasing. China and other 3rd world countries are taking manufacturing jobs, and illegal immigrants are taking service jobs. In short, the middle class is losing ground. We have the same symptoms here, but we are not as far along. We are catching up quickly. I'm in the service industry in the DC area, and I will bet that half of all the work being done in the DC area is being done by illegals now. I've been doing this for almost 40 years, and trust me. I see it every day. Just go to the local home depot and look at the number of and type of guys buying materials. They dont pay taxes, they aren't licensed, and they don't participate in our tax systems or saftey nets. They don't pay in, but liberal policy allows them to take out. How can I compete against that? Well there is my answer. Think about your vote in November, for your children and grandchildren are the ones who will pay for it one way or another.

Posted by: William Wallace ()
Date: June 25, 2016 08:35PM

Frankly I prefer the Scots.
Attachments:
trump_tweets_plum.jpg

Date: June 25, 2016 09:16PM

just saying Wrote:
> Saftey. Plain and simple. Any of the immigrants,
> friendly or hostile, legal or not, once they gain
> access to any EU member country have unfettered
> access to the British isles. After the loss of
> control of Brussels, and partial loss and extreme
> violence in Paris, the English citizens in my
> opinion saw a need for a change in direction.
> Having a Muslim elected as mayor of London
> probably sealed the deal. Another key factor that
> I see is that this new global order is going to be
> a huge foot on the neck of middle class. While the
> wealthy people are making millions off the global
> economy by getting goods and services performed at
> slave wages, and I chose that word carefully, the
> profits of the corporation's and the upper class
> that run them are increasing. China and other 3rd
> world countries are taking manufacturing jobs, and
> illegal immigrants are taking service jobs. In
> short, the middle class is losing ground. We have
> the same symptoms here, but we are not as far
> along. We are catching up quickly. I'm in the
> service industry in the DC area, and I will bet
> that half of all the work being done in the DC
> area is being done by illegals now. I've been
> doing this for almost 40 years, and trust me. I
> see it every day. Just go to the local home depot
> and look at the number of and type of guys buying
> materials. They dont pay taxes, they aren't
> licensed, and they don't participate in our tax
> systems or saftey nets. They don't pay in, but
> liberal policy allows them to take out. How can I
> compete against that? Well there is my answer.
> Think about your vote in November, for your
> children and grandchildren are the ones who will
> pay for it one way or another.

Just saying: I really liked your write-up and I also live in the DC Metro area.
Everything you state is absolutely true and it's a damn sad situation. We are even paying for there FREE LUNCH program. I would never ever hire them for anything. It's sick and twisted the way the LIBS have taken over this area. Yes, vote them out of office but they are multiplying like SLUGS, which they are.
Never give them any advice on American ways.

Posted by: MxTU7 ()
Date: June 25, 2016 09:55PM

The dumber the Brits, the more likely they were to support leaving. And the dumber the Yanks, the more likely they are to support Trump.

Posted by: Your tears are delicious ()
Date: June 25, 2016 10:00PM

MxTU7 Wrote:
> The dumber the Brits, the more likely they were to
> support leaving. And the dumber the Yanks, the
> more likely they are to support Trump.
Attachments:
TJKRy.png

Posted by: iLester. ()
Date: June 25, 2016 10:23PM

Backlash against immigration problem in the aftermath of the US/NATO wars in the Middle East and North Africa, most recently in Syria. There are 21 million refugees, and half of them came as a result of the war against Syria. There are 65 million displaced persons counting those who are forced to move within those countries to seek safe havens.

Posted by: SOOO SORRY..^^^SOB Story^^ ()
Date: June 25, 2016 10:51PM

Soooo Sorry You Fuckers ..Conspire to Kill Infidels ..Americans..some where Else.. Remember 9-11-01 Crying Libs??? Jihad?? Holy War.. Keep Those People Out Of the USA..Hillary Wont TRUMP Will..Pitiful what Democrats will stoop to..with their God Dammed SOB stories.

Posted by: A serious question ()
Date: June 26, 2016 01:13AM

SOOO SORRY..^^^SOB Story^^ Wrote:
> Soooo Sorry You Fuckers ..Conspire to Kill
> Infidels ..Americans..some where Else.. Remember
> 9-11-01 Crying Libs??? Jihad?? Holy War.. Keep
> Those People Out Of the USA..Hillary Wont TRUMP
> Will..Pitiful what Democrats will stoop to..with
> their God Dammed SOB stories.

Notwithstanding different axioms, opinions of immigrants, etc., what makes anyone think Trump will (a) try to do anything he claims he'll do and (b) would manage to achieve anything anyway? That there seems to be some serious disconnect with reality. Trump is out to benefit Trump and only Trump. Not you, not me. He's even said that repeatedly, as recently as this week.

Posted by: JustAxing ()
Date: June 26, 2016 07:47AM

MxTU7 Wrote:
> The dumber the Brits, the more likely they were to
> support leaving. And the dumber the Yanks, the
> more likely they are to support Trump.

Surely you are aware that the highest concentrations of the least educated Americans vote Democrat 100% of the time? Obama would not have been elected without this important Democrat constituency.

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: June 26, 2016 08:00AM

Contrary to mainstream media and libcuks on this forum, it's the highly intelligent, majority white that are in favor national sovereignty. Don't worry libs, we'll continue to save your asses even as you spit in our faces, but not for much longer.

Posted by: just saying ()
Date: June 26, 2016 10:51PM

I've noticed lately that when democrats and liberals are faced with an opinion, canidit, or position that differs from their own, the opinion is misguided, the canidit is stupid and wrong, and the position is misguided and arrived at by some sort of misdirection. Yet it's been a while since I've seen an actual logical thoughtful argument as to WHY the offending party is so egregiously wrong to warrent such an aattack I would assume this is because most of the usual arguments have been exposed to be flawed and inaccurate. Every time the name calling, insults and character assassination's start, which is usually in the first sentence, I feel more confident that my position is accurate, sound, and reasonable. I'll always respect another's right to believe what they want, but it will take bit more than mud slinging to alter my position. Of course, I do believe these tactics are used more to reinforce the mind of the asaulting party than the target. Defending Hillary is going to take a lot of time and imagination. Let the games continue.

Posted by: backwards ()
Date: June 27, 2016 06:36AM

just saying Wrote:
> I've noticed lately that when democrats and
> liberals are faced with an opinion, canidit, or
> position that differs from their own, the opinion
> is misguided, the canidit is stupid and wrong, and
> the position is misguided and arrived at by some
> sort of misdirection. Yet it's been a while since
> I've seen an actual logical thoughtful argument as
> to WHY the offending party is so egregiously wrong
> to warrent such an aattack I would assume this is
> because most of the usual arguments have been
> exposed to be flawed and inaccurate. Every time
> the name calling, insults and character
> assassination's start, which is usually in the
> first sentence, I feel more confident that my
> position is accurate, sound, and reasonable. I'll
> always respect another's right to believe what
> they want, but it will take bit more than mud
> slinging to alter my position. Of course, I do
> believe these tactics are used more to reinforce
> the mind of the asaulting party than the target.
> Defending Hillary is going to take a lot of time
> and imagination. Let the games continue.

The pot is calling the kettle black.

Posted by: keep crowing ... ()
Date: June 27, 2016 06:49AM

Perhaps no promise was more audacious — and mendacious, critics say — than the £350-million-a-week claim. Boris Johnson, the former mayor of London who was the frontman of the Brexit campaign, toured Britain in a bus emblazoned with the slogan: “We send the E.U. £350 million a week, let’s fund our N.H.S. instead,” a reference to the country’s widely revered National Health Service.

Hours after proclaiming “independence day” for Britain, Nigel Farage, the leader of the fiercely anti-European U.K. Independence Party, conceded that the £350 million figure was a “mistake.” Asked by the BBC on Sunday about the spending pledge, Iain Duncan Smith, a former Conservative Party leader who campaigned for Brexit, said the Leave side had merely promised “to spend the lion’s share of that money” on the health service.

The shift was perhaps unsurprising, since the £350 million “independence dividend” never stood up to scrutiny. It excluded money returned to Britain through rebates and money that Britain spent to subsidize its farmers and poorer regions, according to the respected Institute for Fiscal Studies. The institute put the true figure at about £150 million.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/27/world/europe/having-won-some-brexit-campaigners-begin-backpedaling.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

The "leave" voters should be careful what they wish for. Like Kansans, many do not understand what is in their economic interest.

A Financial Times chart showing that the Leave vote was strongest in the parts of Britain that are the most economically dependent on the European Union was widely circulated online.

Many did not understand what Brexit entailed.

Google's Trends Twitter account reported an increase of 250 percent in people searching "what happens if we leave the EU," at around midnight British time, two hours after the referendum polls closed.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/24/12022880/google-search-spike-brexit-why-leave-eu

Posted by: nKHJH ()
Date: June 27, 2016 09:53AM

nKHJH

Posted by: hEbh9 ()
Date: June 27, 2016 08:45PM

Attachments:
img.jpeg
img2.jpeg
img3.jpeg

Posted by: kCheW ()
Date: June 27, 2016 08:46PM

UK and EU are a set of deliate negotiations involving ...

that russian and others have hit the charts as using beaches and vacations spots much more freuently than their USA counterparts - by ALLOT

Posted by: KuWxm ()
Date: June 27, 2016 08:47PM

captain kirk's daughter hot or not ?

don't bother answering i know what your thinking - and it's greedy!

Attachments:
img7.jpeg

Posted by: CLEG6 ()
Date: June 27, 2016 08:48PM

i missed this priceline commercial.

can anyone fill me in on why shatner is dress as a biker ?
Attachments:
img5.jpeg

Posted by: Dr. Memory ()
Date: June 27, 2016 09:09PM

Homo sapiens has been voting with its feet since it walked out of Africa for the first time 60,000-70,000 years ago. Among the effects of homo sapiens' migrations is the contribution to present day British culture of the various populations that have moved there over the centuries. Romans built the first bridge over the River Thames at London, everything ending in 'chester or 'caster is a name signifying origin in a Roman garrison, Duke William of Normandy invaded Britain and defeated King Harald to claim the throne of England and brought his French-speaking supporters with him, resulting in around 50% of the words in English actually having a Latin origin, via the infusion of French deriving from its use by the new ruling class. The current ruling family is of German origin. The East India Company, through various means, eventually gained control of most of the territory of what is now Pakistan, Bangladesh and India, eventually resulting in rule by an English viceroy. As is inevitable when one country colonizes another, population exchanged brought curry to Britain. Would there be a restaurant industry in England if curry vanished tomorrow? Compare with kabobs and pho in Northern Virginia. Conclusion: History is written in the migration of peoples.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: June 27, 2016 10:05PM

"canidit"?

Posted by: Go Trump ()
Date: June 27, 2016 10:54PM

Dr. Memory Wrote:
> Homo sapiens has been voting with its feet since
> it walked out of Africa for the first time
> 60,000-70,000 years ago. Among the effects of
> homo sapiens' migrations is the contribution to
> present day British culture of the various
> populations that have moved there over the
> centuries. Romans built the first bridge over the
> River Thames at London, everything ending in
> 'chester or 'caster is a name signifying origin in
> a Roman garrison, Duke William of Normandy invaded
> Britain and defeated King Harald to claim the
> throne of England and brought his French-speaking
> supporters with him, resulting in around 50% of
> the words in English actually having a Latin
> origin, via the infusion of French deriving from
> its use by the new ruling class. The current
> ruling family is of German origin. The East India
> Company, through various means, eventually gained
> control of most of the territory of what is now
> Pakistan, Bangladesh and India, eventually
> resulting in rule by an English viceroy. As is
> inevitable when one country colonizes another,
> population exchanged brought curry to Britain.
> Would there be a restaurant industry in England if
> curry vanished tomorrow? Compare with kabobs and
> pho in Northern Virginia. Conclusion: History is
> written in the migration of peoples.

Regarding your conclusion: It's really a damn shame what has happened to NoVa over the past 20 years. Try and find an American physician or dentist in this area that doesn't eat Pho or kabobs. Impossible. They have destroyed of what was a decent area to live in along with the nig nogs.

Posted by: Dr.Memory ()
Date: June 28, 2016 06:01AM

Describe the negative effect on the level of professional skill of an American physician or dentist as a result of eating pho or kabobs. Cite actual cases and be sure to show cause and effect,i.e., how eating pho or kabobs degrades professional skill. Extra credit--Compare and contrast availability of the highest level of medical care in Fairfax County with the highest level of care available in areas not served by pho and kabob restaurants such as rural Kansas.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.