HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Girls and Parents of WAGS
Posted by: Auntm ()
Date: May 24, 2016 05:56PM

To the girls of WAGS,

I'm sorry your club Presidents let you down and I urge you and your parents to hold them and the WAGS Board accountable for selling you out. They took the word of one man and gave away your league, all without getting what was promised in writing. Your voice in the new league is lost. On the new board you have been afforded 3 slots out of 10. Let me clarify... the girls will get 3 Board slots and the NCSL boys will get 7. That is not equality, something that the founders and prior leaders of WAGS fought so hard for you to have. At yesterday's WAGS meeting the President of NCSL had 12 WAGS votes. How could that be? Well, certain club Presidents, again with nothing in writing, turned over their proxy and your Board stood by and let it happen. Your club Presidents stood by and let it happen. When the WAGS Board was questioned as to what was going on they said there were no rules stating this couldn't be done. Huh? What about conflict of interest and fairness? What about history and everything this league stood for? Viable alternatives were put forward by conscientious clubs, clubs that wanted to take a step back and give this due diligence but the majority had already been swayed. Ask your club Presidents what was promised and why it was not put in writing. Make them accountable for the back-alley politicking and blind belief of things that will never be delivered. Their actions have sidelined a once proud, noble and well-loved league — the oldest girls league in the U.S. In the words of the NCSL President, this is the league that gave us Mia Hamm and Ali Krieger — you're damn right it is! This is a league that is nationally and internationally known, where your NCSL league is not. Finally, I cannot close without pointing out that that 7 out of 9 of your Board took it upon themselves to make the decision to dissolve your league all under the auspices of affording you girls a better opportunity. How is not having a voice a better opportunity? How is 3 slots out of 7 a better opportunity? What is everybody smoking? Don't listen to the hyperbole your Board and league Presidents are giving you. Hold them accountable. Parents, make your club explain why your monies will go into a league where you have no voice. Let me say that again -- a league where WAGS girls, your girls, will have NO VOICE! 3 votes versus 7 for the boys. All this and NCSL is getting the $1.4M in WAGS coffers, too!

I just read how NCSL is excited to announce the formation of a girls-only league. Hmmm.. I'm pretty sure WAGS was a girls only league and didn't have to fight for equality with the boys. NCSL and WAGS -- two leagues who formerly hated one another. Couple that with a WAGS board where the President and Vice President have openly stated they hated one another and you have what, a match made in heaven? I think not!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Girls and Parents of WAGS
Posted by: Thread follower ()
Date: May 24, 2016 10:56PM

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.