HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I really hope CPS is going to investigate Julie Gunlock
Posted by: anotherlazymom ()
Date: May 02, 2016 10:56AM

Seriously who brags about endangering their children by leaving them unattended because they are too lazy to take them into a store. Granted the 9 year old is probably ok, but not to watch at 7 and 5 year old.

"Well, just recently she found herself fighting back a particularly stubborn misconception. She’d let her kids, 9, 7 and 5, wait in the car for 15 minutes while she ran into the store to get dinner. She emerged to find an FBI agent flashing his badge and insisting, “M’am, you can’t do that” because “kids get snatched all the time.”
Julie knew that was untrue. She told him to put away his badge and go find a real crook. Here’s her feisty article. And here’s her note to me and this blog:
Dear Lenore: I thought you’d want to see this article I wrote for Heat Street. As you know, this incident rattled me and I am so thankful that I could contact you (actually, I emailed you before even calling my husband!) for comfort, support and accurate information about my rights and the laws currently on the books.
I’m so grateful to you for creating a website where moms can go for solid information and for creating the Free-Range Kids movement. Without it, I would be feeling quite guilty, and probably questioning my own instincts as a mom. It’s nice to know I’m not alone and that there’s a movement to push back on the sort of harassment I experienced. Equally gratifying is seeing my children’s pride in me. They’re thrilled that mom stood up for her rights and didn’t back down when the man tried to throw around his authority. That’s a valuable lesson for them to see and it’s because I knew my rights that I was able to stand up for myself".

From http://www.freerangekids.com/in-which-my-friend-lets-her-3-kids-wait-in-the-car-and-along-comes-the-fbi/

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.