HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Town of Vienna speedtrap outside town boundary?
Posted by: Not in the town ()
Date: April 17, 2016 07:38AM

It apparently isn't enough for the Town's ever-vigilant (when it comes to speeders--not so much when it comes to teenage drug dealers) police force to maintain their speedtraps on 123 east of the country club and at Locust & Courthouse and at the Lawyers & Sharon Lane curve and on Beulah Road at Glyndon Park and Cynthia Lane. Or within the town's borders, for that matter. Because Sunday morning from at least 7:15AM to 7:30AM a town of Vienna cop had a speedtrap established outside the town's limits, at the entranceway to Wolftrap Elementary School. Gotta pay for the community center boondoggle somehow....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Town of Vienna speedtrap outside town boundary?
Posted by: Slow down, dummy ()
Date: April 17, 2016 08:30AM

The Town Line is well north of John Marshall Drive. And your problem could be easily resolved simply by observing the posted speed limits.

Posted by: Addy? ()
Date: April 17, 2016 09:38AM

Speaking as a teenage drug dealer based in Vienna, I'm delighted that the Vienna Police focus on revenue-enhancing schemes like this instead of interfering with my business...

Posted by: Not in the town ()
Date: April 17, 2016 01:38PM

Hey Ms. Surveyor, the school in question--where the cop was waiting--is outside the town. And just like I'm smart enough to know where the town boundary is, I'm smart enough not to get caught in a speed trap in or outside the town, contrary to your faulty assumption.

Posted by: Rasmus170 ()
Date: April 17, 2016 04:25PM

I grew up in Vienna. Fuck Vienna. Its nothing more than Falls Church Lite at this point. The cops are aggressive, the meals tax pays for the cops.

Fuck Vienna.

Posted by: Big J. Law ()
Date: April 17, 2016 04:36PM

How is it a trap?
Do thet trick people in going over the posted speed?

Maybe.......
it's called enforcing the law.

Posted by: LuJWW ()
Date: April 17, 2016 05:55PM

speed traps are a rumor some like to spread

speed traps are ILLEGAL IN VA, cops are disciplined if caught doing it

Posted by: 9buMF ()
Date: April 17, 2016 05:56PM

tricking and trapping the public is NOT ON THEIR LEGAL CHARTER

Posted by: da bumper ()
Date: April 18, 2016 08:04PM

Posted by: name ()
Date: April 29, 2016 09:20PM

yo I go to madison and madison has so many teenagers who do drugs. Im not one of them. But ive never gotten pulled over for going over the speed limit CAUSE I OBEY THE LAW FUCKERS. (I havent driven that much but still) Youre supposed to watch your speed. If you dont its your fault. But yeah they should crack down on the drug dealers Ive seen kids doing shit during class XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm a sassy, sarcastic teenager. I post my real views on things and I don't care what you might think. :) Have a nice day!

Posted by: name ()
Date: April 29, 2016 09:21PM

9buMF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tricking and trapping the public is NOT ON THEIR
> LEGAL CHARTER

Actually it is. Cops are allowed to sit wherever they want to catch people speeding. If you dont know that you obviously dont know the law. Stop complaining and just go the speed limit. I dont get why people even care so much. It wont even save that much time. Dont be late dont deal with that problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm a sassy, sarcastic teenager. I post my real views on things and I don't care what you might think. :) Have a nice day!

Posted by: Viva ()
Date: April 29, 2016 10:16PM

Vienna town police can legally enforce the law anywhere in Fairfax County. They can arrest in Virginia.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.