HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What was Islamic Saudi Academy on Rt.1, Alex...
Posted by: wannaknow ()
Date: March 14, 2015 08:18AM

Trying to remember what was originally housed in the buildings which are now the Islamic Saudi Academy, right off of Rt1 in the Mount Vernon area of Alexandria ? There is a soccer field in the back. The place was in disrepair for a long time. I thought it was originally a school of some kind then might have morphed into some other sort of county use. Anyone know the history ? Thx.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What was Islamic Saudi Academy on Rt.1, Alex...
Posted by: could be ()
Date: March 14, 2015 08:35AM

Believe it was Mt Vernon High School until around 73-74, when a new Mt Vernon High was built nearby.

Posted by: brown bag daddy ()
Date: March 14, 2015 09:53AM

Old Mt.Vernon High uses Taxis for drivers ed class, and they made mock up 7-11's, and gas stations for hands on training.

Posted by: 2232323 ()
Date: March 14, 2015 12:00PM

I believe FCPS owns the building--or used to--and rents it out to ISA. Or again, this used to go on. It was always a rather interesting situation as FCPS was renting out one of its facilities to a school that advocated Jew hating and whose former members got swept up in anti-terrorism operations.

Not really a proud day for FCPS.

Posted by: ISIS training center ()
Date: March 14, 2015 12:02PM

Hopefully the NSA is keeping a close eye on the academy.

Posted by: some good news ()
Date: March 14, 2015 12:08PM

No Boosterthon at this school! Boosterthon's narrow world view saw to that. Boosterthon is good option ONLY if you want your kids "taught" by college dropouts or former fraternity presidents.

Posted by: Watchdog ()
Date: March 14, 2015 12:36PM

ISIS training center Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully the NSA is keeping a close eye on the academy.

They are too busy tracking domestic white bigots and terrorists. These are the trash-people who could come to pose a real threat.

Posted by: abdul ()
Date: March 14, 2015 02:38PM

Too busy expelling white people out of college for using the word "nigger" to worry about an anti-Semitic Islamic school.

Posted by: not mr. roger's hood anymore ()
Date: March 14, 2015 03:21PM

Do they play with building blocks and tiny toy passenger jets?

Posted by: beheading 101 ()
Date: March 14, 2015 04:51PM

Young mohammad learning how to behead

1407746727512.jpg-300x0.jpg

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: March 14, 2015 04:57PM

Show and tell time at ISA.

Posted by: Rib Rack ()
Date: March 14, 2015 05:25PM

It Mount Vernon High School built circa 1937 and was used until the early 1970's when the new high school was built.

Posted by: Ye Ole Woodson Man ()
Date: March 14, 2015 09:45PM

It was Walt Whitman Jr. High, Not middle school, Originally it was Mt Vernon High School built about 1939. Former Gov and Va Senator Robb graduated there.

Todays Mt Vernon High School was built as Walt Whitman, Around 1974-1975 it was remodeled and became Mt Vernon H.S.

The Old Mt Vernon High School was remodeled somewhat, And renamed Walt Whitman. the principal was a lady who was a elementary school principal, Mt Vernon Woods, I think.

About 1982 Walt Whitman was closed and relocated to Steven Foster Jr High near the Mt Vernon Hospitol, The name Steve Foster was retired. The building was surplused and turned over to the County of Fairfax From the Fairfax County Public Schools as the law requires with school properties that the schools have no further use of.

The old building sat and was vandleized. Ye Ole Woodson Man Keeper of Keys and Keysmith and his crew chained all the inside doors to keep them out. A Sheriffs work detail was inside one day cleaning when vandles threw rocks thru the windows, The deputy could not get them as the doors were chained! Ye Old Woodson Man repaired broken glass windows then went into the locksmith shop at the School maintenance dept. when Whitman became a Jr High on Rt 1. The panic bars installed in the auditorium doors to the hallways where not there until 1976, Ye Ole Woodson Man installed them

Anyway the boilers were shot, and many dollers were needed to fix the place up. The Gym was used by the county rec dept.for a while. Then the Saudi's made a deal with Fairfax County to rent the building. The county has been getting 1 million a year for many years now, money that goes into the general fund and is used by all county agencies including the school budget. The place has been renovated , it has not cost the tax payers a dime. The Saudis have been very good neighbors on Rt 1 in the facility I can tell you that much. If they leave the county will have to decide what to do with the place. But its going to be hard to replace the million a year there getting. The county was saved a million dollars to tear the place down and receive all the $$ they got in rent, a win win for taxpayers.

Date: March 14, 2015 10:00PM

Forgot one more boring detail. Mt Vernon H.S as it was built had a unique Home Ec building, a mock up of a real house with a kitchen, ironing boards, washers and other things , just like a real house. Girls who went there will remember that place. Today it is a combination of a head injury support center and Progresso Espano a English as second language center.

At Edison Hs there was or may still be a Edison house and I belive it may have been the same thing but was there when the school was built and used for the purpose.

Posted by: Rib Rack ()
Date: March 14, 2015 11:06PM

Ye Ole Woodson Man Wrote:
> It was Walt Whitman Jr. High, Not middle school,
> Originally it was Mt Vernon High School built
> about 1939. Former Gov and Va Senator Robb
> graduated there.
>
> Todays Mt Vernon High School was built as Walt
> Whitman, Around 1974-1975 it was remodeled and
> became Mt Vernon H.S.
>
> The Old Mt Vernon High School was remodeled
> somewhat, And renamed Walt Whitman. the principal
> was a lady who was a elementary school principal,
> Mt Vernon Woods, I think.
>
> About 1982 Walt Whitman was closed and relocated
> to Steven Foster Jr High near the Mt Vernon
> Hospitol, The name Steve Foster was retired. The
> building was surplused and turned over to the
> County of Fairfax From the Fairfax County Public
> Schools as the law requires with school properties
> that the schools have no further use of.
>
> The old building sat and was vandleized. Ye Ole
> Woodson Man Keeper of Keys and Keysmith and his
> crew chained all the inside doors to keep them
> out. A Sheriffs work detail was inside one day
> cleaning when vandles threw rocks thru the
> windows, The deputy could not get them as the
> doors were chained! Ye Old Woodson Man repaired
> broken glass windows then went into the locksmith
> shop at the School maintenance dept. when Whitman
> became a Jr High on Rt 1. The panic bars installed
> in the auditorium doors to the hallways where not
> there until 1976, Ye Ole Woodson Man installed
> them
>
> Anyway the boilers were shot, and many dollers
> were needed to fix the place up. The Gym was used
> by the county rec dept.for a while. Then the
> Saudi's made a deal with Fairfax County to rent
> the building. The county has been getting 1
> million a year for many years now, money that goes
> into the general fund and is used by all county
> agencies including the school budget. The place
> has been renovated , it has not cost the tax
> payers a dime. The Saudis have been very good
> neighbors on Rt 1 in the facility I can tell you
> that much. If they leave the county will have to
> decide what to do with the place. But its going to
> be hard to replace the million a year there
> getting. The county was saved a million dollars
> to tear the place down and receive all the $$ they
> got in rent, a win win for taxpayers.

1937 - Get your facts straight

Posted by: oold ()
Date: March 15, 2015 08:33AM

Ye Ole Woodson Man Wrote:
> It was Walt Whitman Jr. High, Not middle school,

I don't believe FCPS ever used the term "Jr High". Before they started using the term "middle school" they called them "Intermediate schools".

I went to Poe Intermediate in the 60's and have numerous photos of that name up on the side of the building.

Posted by: NS 13 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 08:54AM

Oliver Wendall Holmes Intermediate.

Date: March 15, 2015 12:07PM

>I don't believe FCPS ever used the term "Jr High". Before they started using the term "middle school" they called them "Intermediate schools".

Yes thats true Jr High was never used, just a nickname. I worked at Joyce Kilmer Intermediate. Mt Vernon High was the second new high school built in Fairfax County under W.T Woodson . The first was Fairfax High built around 1936
When I started with the county the head janitor at Fairfax High who was hired in 1936 was still there about to retire with 36 years.

W.T.Woodson oversaw Fairfax County going from local 1 and 2 rm small schools to centralized larger schools thanks to better roads and school buses.

Back years ago the 30's and beyond, people went to D.C on the train to High school . A high school diploma was a big deal.

Posted by: Fairfax High Schools ()
Date: March 16, 2015 07:22AM

I thought Herndon High was also one of those original Fairfax high schools...not where it is now, but in "old Herndon"...

Posted by: FORMER MV'ER ()
Date: March 16, 2015 08:11AM

Went to Walt Whitman Middle School and Mount Vernon High School. Walt Whitman was a unique school. I remember the Home Ec well! Industrial Arts was a blast! I had Mr. Scudder and Mr. Ramsey for both years. I had Ms. Wrobowski and crazy ass Mr. Myers(R.I.P) for PE. Of course everyones favorite pain in the ass was Mr. Moyers. I cannot remember the Vice Principals name but he was a tall White guy. Very nice and easy going personality. I always liked him. One of the biggest problems the school had was students who would walk to school where they had to cross Rt. 1. If I remember correctly there was one incident where a student was killed crossing the road. Students would go the the Dairy Queen next door. The old police building was right across from the school.

Now the whole area is just one big shithole.

Date: March 16, 2015 11:47AM

>I thought Herndon High was also one of those original Fairfax high schools...not where it is now, but in "old Herndon"...

True and the Old Herndon cannery was there, the cannery was a place people would take veggies to can them themselves with all kinds of equipment. It was very popular. The old Herndon High became Herndon Intermediate.

>The old police building was right across from the school.

That was the State Police there , a really small place , when the county took that place from the state the office upstairs in front belonged to the captain. There was not a single I love me on the wall, spartan thats how the walls were, a picture of the State Police superentendent, Va Governor, The President thats it.

And at the ADC the FXCO jail the major in charge of confinement was a former trooper and his office walls were bare also. Strictly business.

Another change of schools and names was the Old Groveton High off Rt 1 on Popkins Lane , which became a support center and is now Bryant Alternative High School and the former Bryant Intermediate on Quander Road was enlarged and became Groveton High in 1979, then became West Potomac in 1985 when Ft Hunt High was closed and became Carl Sandberg Middle School

Posted by: sayy ()
Date: March 16, 2015 11:55AM

I've seen references to "Clifton High School". Where was it and about when was it in operation.

Sonny Hylton who built Dale City supposedly went to Clifton High School.

Posted by: Akbar at the Bar ()
Date: March 17, 2015 09:46PM

I agree, this has become an Academy of future taxi cab drivers and shopkeepers of 7-11's and other gas station convenience stores. I've seen ragheads practicing loading luggage into trunks of cars, opening back passenger doors for fares, ringing up cigarettes on scanners, trying to push Slurpees on customers, etc., etc. They have even mapped out a circular drive of the same dimensions as the cab stand at Dulles and National Airports. All raghead males in the cab program must wear gray. I heard you can get an 'A' in the course if you show up with a Qu'ran and a prayer mat that you haven't defecated on. Unfortunately, I would not get an 'A' as I wipe my ass with a page from the Qu'ran and sleep on a raghead prayer mat as raghead prayers put me to sleep. Sometimes, I piss on it. In fact, even though my name is Akbar, I think all Muslims smell and need pork fat poured on them!!!!!! They are smelly animals and deserve to be treated as scum on a stagnant pond.

Date: March 17, 2015 10:17PM

Gerry mentors at ISA. He is giving back to the future 7-11 owners of Amerika, kinda like a raghead 4-H club for goatfuckers.

­­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: March 17, 2015 10:32PM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2015 09:33AM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: Jihadi John ()
Date: March 17, 2015 10:50PM

ISA Valedictorian award winner 2010

1408755649296_wps_23_Abdel_Majed_Abdel_B

Date: March 17, 2015 11:10PM

We used to play smear the queer at recess, Do these boys play smear the infidel? or kill the Jew? I know gerry grew up playing these games at maddrasa, so shut the fuck up curryburpperer2.

Posted by: Akbar at the Bar ()
Date: March 19, 2015 09:44PM

Let's play smear the raghead at the Maddrasa!!!! I think we need to kick some Muslim ass, as that is all they understand. And pour bacon fat on them as we burn a Qu'ran!!!!

Posted by: Oscar Cruz ()
Date: July 12, 2015 12:44AM

2015-2016 will be the last year of ISA on RT.1 the new location will be built as part of an office park located on approximately 40 acres of land, near Route 28 off McLearen Road in Herndon. The new name will be King Abdullah Academy KAA.

http://thesaudiacademy.org/where-were-moving/

Posted by: e4MKp ()
Date: July 12, 2015 06:25AM

Uh oh. Fairfax county will need to raise taxes to make up for the missing income. Think of the children!

Date: July 12, 2015 12:09PM

Yes about a million a year is what I have heard the county got in rent.

After the Saudis turn in the key, I'll give the place 24 hours before the vandals break in and trash the place rendering it unfit for any use without a million dollar rehab.

It would cost millions to tear it down but, the county will probably suck every one into a lazy "Win Win" sucker deal to sell it for a song instead of making any good use of the place. Even if its just a park. After all land is Fairfax County is not getting any more expensive is it.

What land the county has today they need to keep.

And what they hell they have millions for Turf Fields so what a couple mil for a nice new park. Yes a little outdoor swimming pool with a cheap entry fee, for people to cool off in the hot summers. Picnic area and a couple of covered shelters for kids parties and lots of grass. Or a vocational center teaching real trade skills instead of overblown computer classes.

I'll put a name up "The Gerald Hyland Community Park". Or Vocational Training Center. I thinks he's been a fair person on the board even though he's a Democrat and has been on the board a long time.

Now I know others will have some names too "Diversity Park" where picnic tables are reserved only for illegals 24/7. "Switchblade Park".

Posted by: Oscar Cruz ()
Date: July 13, 2015 12:43AM

I wonder what the residents of Herndon know about this project? Noting the reason why the Saudi's are being as discrete as possible. Yes they have made this information public, but very low key. The constructions cite says noting like "future site of the King Abdullah academy." The location will be built as part of an office park, this is done to paralyze the residents of Herndon from appealing the project.

Posted by: Move Complete ()
Date: April 16, 2016 10:09AM

"...a task force convened by Supervisor Gerald W. Hyland (D-Mount Vernon) will present options to the Board of Supervisors on whether to sell the 22-acre Mount Vernon property, turn it into a community center or once again make it a public school."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/with-saudi-school-headed-to-herndon-future-of-mt-vernon-site-up-in-the-air/2015/12/07/07bf9b6e-9d0f-11e5-bce4-708fe33e3288_story.html

Posted by: LesterI ()
Date: April 16, 2016 10:25AM

Watchdog Wrote:
> ISIS training center Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hopefully the NSA is keeping a close eye on the
> academy.
>
> They are too busy tracking domestic white bigots
> and terrorists. These are the trash-people who
> could come to pose a real threat.

They are too busy tracking people who criticize the US government and industry. They set up Stingrays to build their 'terrorism' watch databases with identities of protestors.

Posted by: Saudi love ()
Date: April 16, 2016 10:52AM

Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars’ worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/16/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-warns-ofeconomic-fallout-if-congress-passes-9-11-bill.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1

Posted by: Keep It For Many Uses ()
Date: April 16, 2016 11:06AM

This is good.

>> Yes a little outdoor swimming pool with a cheap entry fee, for people to cool off in the hot summers. Picnic area and a couple of covered shelters for kids parties and lots of grass. Or a vocational center teaching real trade skills instead of overblown computer classes.

The schools would squander the money anyway..

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.