HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
School Board Extortion
Posted by: School Board Extortion ()
Date: April 06, 2016 10:53AM

"Another resident, Lou Di Leonardo, was not as gentle with the board. Speaking at an earlier part of the supervisors meeting, a public hearing on the tax rate increase, he said the school board’s annual requests “border on extortion.”
“I not pay $400 a month (in taxes) to breathe Fairfax County air,” he said. “Taxes have risen 40 percent in the last few years [due to] the school board’s never-ending demands that border on extortion.”"

+1,000

When are we going to tell the schools "no more money, grow up like the rest of us?"

Pat Hynes is a disgrace to the legal profession. Ryan McElveen belongs in a freak show.

Karen Garza needs to go back to Texas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: School Board Extortion
Posted by: I hear ya ()
Date: April 06, 2016 11:58AM

They've created a school system that offers too much choice which has made it extremely difficult for making decisions on what to actually cut. IB vs. AP, Immersion vs. FLES, music vs. sports etc... The fact is that FCPS built its greatness on the basics. We were great before IB. We can be still be great without it. We were great before immersion. We can still be great without it. This list goes on. I agree. No new taxes. My elderly neighbors who helped build this community can barely afford it anymore. I don't think they should pay more so that some ESOL student can come here from El Salvador and go to the IB program and then onto UVA for free. No thanks.

Posted by: Is what Was ()
Date: April 06, 2016 01:07PM

The School Board and Garza made a Texas-sized blunder in their demands for more money without attempting to curtail spending.

then they double-downed even after the state coughed up more tax money for them.

The BoS will wisely stick to their well-thought-out spending plans in an attempt to make FCPS incrementally more responsible to us.

Posted by: Agreed! ()
Date: April 06, 2016 01:19PM

It's insane that FCP's is offering two college level programs at the same time. FCP's should pick one or the other and stop spending on two! Places like Loudoun get on just fine with one college level program I can't see why Fairfax couldn't. Same hoes for other programs too in FCPS.

Howeever, you won't find people like Illyong Moon, Ryan McEleeven, or Pat Hynes talking about what really needs to be addressed. I.e inconsistant teacher pay, classes in aging trailers, or why FCPS has a headquarters the size of the Pentagon in Falls Church. Not to mention Flip Flippen getting $10,000 a speech while we are at it.

Then again the libtard transplants that live here deserve everything they get for electing the clowns on the school board anyways!

I hear ya Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They've created a school system that offers too
> much choice which has made it extremely difficult
> for making decisions on what to actually cut. IB
> vs. AP, Immersion vs. FLES, music vs. sports
> etc... The fact is that FCPS built its greatness
> on the basics. We were great before IB. We can
> be still be great without it. We were great
> before immersion. We can still be great without
> it. This list goes on. I agree. No new taxes.
> My elderly neighbors who helped build this
> community can barely afford it anymore. I don't
> think they should pay more so that some ESOL
> student can come here from El Salvador and go to
> the IB program and then onto UVA for free. No
> thanks.

Posted by: yes, yes, yes ()
Date: April 06, 2016 03:22PM

Let's hope the BOS is not swayed by Garza's inevitable hissy fit and Pat Hynes' whining.

When they get the planetariums working again, will they be bilingual?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.